Patricia C. Wrede Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hail to the dragon...
  ...king
  ...queen
  dragons?!? tsh! im rooting for the wizards!
View Results

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:55 pm
It's been a long time since I read them. I think they are in the same universe as Sorcery & Cecelia, though you do not see any of the characters from the S&C books.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Patricia C. Wrede is one of my favorite authors ever! I have read her Enchanted Forest Chronicles so many times. And there was another book by her, a book of short stories.....I don't remember what it was called, though.  

Mara Jade Immortal

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:30 am
Yuki Arrowfeather
And there was another book by her, a book of short stories.....I don't remember what it was called, though.

That's Book of Enchantments . She's written quite a few books.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:08 pm
I read the Book of Enchantments and I was very very fond of her stories. I haven't read any of her novels, but I like her descriptive sense and her humor.

I was particularly fond of the fact that she included the "quick after Battle Triple Chocolate Cake" recipe and the story of how she first got the frying pan of doom story published in the back of my edition. It was like a little insight into the author who seems like a very interesting person herself.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:58 pm
"Utensile Strength" is one of my favorite stories ever.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:02 pm
I love the story "Utensile Strength"! And the recipe for Quick After Battle Triple Chocolate Cake is great. I even tried making the cake. It was interesting. I think it might not have turned out quite right because it was the first cake I'd ever made from scratch. Still, the barbarian's instructions were so funny.  

bluemouse2

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:18 pm
bluemouse2
I love the story "Utensile Strength"! And the recipe for Quick After Battle Triple Chocolate Cake is great. I even tried making the cake. It was interesting. I think it might not have turned out quite right because it was the first cake I'd ever made from scratch. Still, the barbarian's instructions were so funny.

I have to agree ^.^

Actually after my second time making the cake I discovered if you're careful and if you like dark chocolate the cake is amazing.

The story reads better with the cake wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:09 pm
NightIntent
Mairelon the Magician sounds familiar. I think he may have been in one of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles, but I can't remember them well enough. It figures there'd be a third book in the Sorcery and Cecilia series. I liked The Grand Tour, it was pretty good, although the first was better.

No, Mairelon was a different world from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles. It was a very good book though. Similar in style to the Sorcery and Cecilia series. The third was better than the second in that series.  

Kaypendragon

Black Rose 613

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:29 pm
i heart the Enchanted Forest Chronicles! they're so funny! i also enjoyed her Enchanted Stories colection biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:17 pm
The enchanted forest chronicals, I re-read the series every year!  

Izzy Akira

Aegialeia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:21 am
Kaypendragon
NightIntent
Mairelon the Magician sounds familiar. I think he may have been in one of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles, but I can't remember them well enough. It figures there'd be a third book in the Sorcery and Cecilia series. I liked The Grand Tour, it was pretty good, although the first was better.

No, Mairelon was a different world from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles. It was a very good book though. Similar in style to the Sorcery and Cecilia series. The third was better than the second in that series.

There was a third Maorelon book? I really liked those. I also love sorcery and Cecelia, THERE"S A NEW BOOK OUT!!!!. It's called the Mislaid Magician and it's really good. i love the enchanted forest chronicles too.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:20 pm
Dragons, awesome! whee  

Black Rose 613

Aegialeia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:37 pm
pretty much. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:12 pm
I ahve only ever seen her enchanted forest books and never thought she wrote anything else i am goign to have to look into them  

murphyad

Wissakins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:01 pm
Of all the oddities, my mother recently threw The Enchanted Forest Chronicles into my lap and said "You should read these." So I started it today. I'm already hooked. How can you not love a princess who volunteers to work for a dragon?  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff