Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
[RP Raffle] A Narrow Escape - Winner and secrets announced! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:10 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: belloblossom
Who are you entering with? Rosalyn
Link to the RP you're using: Winter Greetings, Rosalyn has been unlucky in love. Her first two lovers left and she was beginning to think she'd never find her one true love. Enter Savva, an old friend. Rosalyn gets surprised with a sudden bought of luck when Savva admits to affection for her--affection which is mutual! Maybe luck is starting to shine down upon her at last!
Prompt response: n/a

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 am
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Ryuukishin
Who are you entering with? Mimsy Grum
Link to the RP you're using: N/A
Prompt response: A loud explosion caused Mimsy to duck behind a tree, breath caught in his throat. He peeped out, only to see it was nothing more than a usdia with a gas problem. Phew! Wasn't he lucky it wasn't anything more dangerous?

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:51 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: JetAlmeara
Who are you entering with?Drake
Prompt response:

Honestly Drake couldn't pinpoint the exact moment that luck had struck him..had it been when his parents had found his basket, stashed away along with his siblings all those many moons ago? Or perhaps it wasn't the finding so much as the continued care that he could count as luck, after all,
while no one would likely admit it Drake was fairly certain that not all baskets found were so well looked after. Certainly no one would admit this awful truth to foals and the young, but being older now Drake knew that gritty truth was out there and it made him all the more grateful that his parents were not the type to leave but to care for.

Both of those actions had taken place a long time ago however and while he was pretty certain that they were indeed lucky events he did not think that this was the sort of event that he was being asked about now and so he pondered a bit longer on the answer, ignoring the curious foals shifting as it waited though he was quite aware of the way it wiggled with impatience. Had he been like this as a foal? Most likely so, according to his parents he and his sibling had been quite troublesome when they wanted to be. Still, while it amused him to make the foal wait it was probably a bit cruel to make it wait to much longer.

"I think perhaps the luckiest thing to have happened to me was in finding this herd." Drake finally replied.

The foal scoffed slightly "thats not luck, your parents brought you here, everyone in the family know that. Lucky is finding a seashell or escaping some terrible danger."

"Maybe.." Drake replied with a soft look "Or maybe luck is just everything working out okay, maybe its just a million small decisions that all lead to a good ending, if you think about it..about how many things could go wrong between where I was and where I am then perhaps luck is that all of them lined up just so and led me here."

The foal clearly wasn't buying his explaination because he just rolled his eyes and trotted off. Oh well..someday maybe the foal would look back and consider what he had said...or maybe not, some Soquili were never the introspective type. In any case Drake was quite sure that his answer was the correct one, the luckiest thing that had ever happened to him in his life was simply the fact that life had led him here to this spot with this herd and this family.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:45 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: catmagick
Who are you entering with? Valkyrie
Link to the RP you're using: N/a
Prompt response: Valkyrie stared into the river with a displeased look on her face. The winter rains had caused the water levels to rise beyond their norm and her favorite fishing spot, a rock protruding from the middle of the river, was almost completely covered. She eyed the fish swimming next to the rock hungrily. If she could make it over she should have no trouble catching one but if she missed the jump she would likely be swept downstream by the icy water. With a decisive nod she gathered herself and jumped, landing in the middle of the rock with a small splash. Looks like luck decided to be on her side this time.

catmagick

Magical Kitten

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:15 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: AislingJuno
Who are you entering with? Dacian
Link to the RP you're using: n/a
Prompt response: Dacian thought on his words before replying. He was secretive by nature both because of his personality and his upbringing. Dacian did not like to share aspects of his life with strangers but maybe it could help lay to rest the jumble of thoughts swirling in his head. " I am thankful for the dark woods, my homeland an area that most soq avoid with good reason. Dangerous plants exist in the dark wood and in the woods depths their are onlyfaint traces of light. My mother found my father on the outskirts of the woods. His beauty attacked her and he became easily smitten with her. However I do not have their luck at love. At the outskirts of the woods I found a female kirin trying to escape several kalona intent on her blood. She was outnumbered so I intervened and dusted the kalona with my moth dust. Moth dust has the ability to stun other soq, I lead her into the depths of the woods while the kalona were incapacitated. She asked me no questions as she swiftly followed me. It would be hard for an enemy to follow us as most soq were unused to traveling in the dark. Here the woods could lead most soq astray if they didn't know the secret pathways my herd had created. My mother had taught her offspring many of forests secrets. My siblings and I used to wander among the trees and mysterious small fauna. We would dare each other to see which of us could venture the furthest into the heart of the forest. As a foal, The adventure was adrenaline rushing and thrilling. Now the knowledge he had gained as a foal was priceless. He was easily able to navigate the forest and could even navigate the pathways with his eyes closed. The heart of the forest was almost pitch black so eye sight didn't help much with navigating through the trees. He could hear the mare starting to breath heavier as she continued to follow him. Feeling that they had escaped successfully he finally came to a stop. "Are you ok?" He turned around and asked the mare. " Physically I'm fine but mentally I'm a little shaky. I was traveling when the two Kalona rushed at me. I've interacted with kalona before but this behavior was very unusual. I felt like I was in danger and I would physically be unable to fight them. In the distance I could see the forest and I hoped my smallest size would be beneficial in weaving through the trees. I thought I would have the best advantage in the forest. Thank you for helping me. I did not think soq lived in this forest. I admit I'm starting to feel extremely exhausted now that my adrenaline rush is fading away," the mare remarked as she leaned against a tree . Her side was foamed with lather. " We were both extremely lucky, few know the paths in this forest. I believe we are safe now," Dacian said to the mare.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:37 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!
I won a familiar in the speed sale, entering in case there are items <3
Username: Jackariah Beckett
Who are you entering with? Wali
Prompt response: Wali gave an inwardly sigh. She was trapped trying to squeeze through a crack in a new part of the cave she was exploring. It just so happened she was still under water, so letting out all her breath in a sigh would not do. She wiggled her leg slightly out of bordom, taking a rest from trying to escape. She could feel a light pierce in her chest telling her that she should probably try to hurry on finding a way out.

She looked at the stone holding her tight again. It had not changed from the crag that gripped her when dhe first got into this predicament. She was so close to the surface too. It was almost as if she could reach out and touch the air, though surely it was more like a few yards to the surface.

An idea popped into Wali's mind, though she winced at the consiquences that it held if it did not work. Maybe, just maybe, if she let out all her air in an atempt to flatten her body, she could squeeze through the stone that held onto her so tightly. Wali shook her mane in frustration. All this just because her curiosity led her to an appetizing patch of algae. And she better not get any scars from this, either. Sure, her line markings might mask them, but she would know they were there. Silently mocking her for the rest of her life for her curiosity and the urge to eat.

Wali squeezed her eyes shut and let her breath go. In an explosion of bubbles, she kicked against the rock with her front legs, squirming with her back fin as much as she could.

YES! She was FREE! As quick as she could she swam to the surface and took a huge breath. The needles burned in her lungs as pockets filled. As if her lungs had resigned to never being full again. She laid on her back and just floated ther. Mane swirling around her as the pain in her lungs ebbed with each intake. Finally, her lungs were satiated and returned back to normal.

Wali turned her head to glare at the large algae patch. This is all your fault she thought curtly at it. Her eyes softened as her tummy gave a little growl. "Who can I fool. I can't stay mad at you." Wali rolled over once more so she was facing up right. Happily, almost forgetting all her troubles from the crack or how she was going to get out, she went to gorge herself on the delicious greenery. Maybe with luck, she'll be able to find a way for a little chubby engorged Seathi to safely find a way out.

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:45 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Who are you entering with? Wen Tian
Link to the RP you're using:
Prompt response: Wen Tian stood utterly still as he thought of a response to the question. " I have few memories of my family. It seems like I've been alone my whole life. Besides my days as a foal, I've never had another soq protect me or see to my well-being. I have only myself to rely on, if I don't save myself in dangerous situations no one else will. I can't wait for a white knight to come save me. I don't have the luxury of relying on another soq or companion. I have to figure out how to get myself out of danger situations. I have to think quick. I have to act fast and I have to help that I will be lucky and survive. I've realized that ones intelligence increases when you have to think quickly and make fast decisions. I would not consider myself to be the smartest soq, but I am quick and clever. I have often had to outsmart an enemy because my intelligence is one of the only tools I have at my disposal. I am quite small in stature and my physical strength cannot defeat those who are much larger than myself. I am quick of tongue and I can be beguiling and charismatic. My words can be like honey or I can speak words can be painful like a knife twisting from inside. I use what tools I can to survive. When I've encountered danger situations and I've escaped with no or little scrapes I thank Lady Luck. Sometimes all you have is hope, a wish for good fortune and luck. However not all danger is physical. Some danger is falling into a bad situation or decision. I've often felt the need to fall in love . Sometimes I've gotten my emotions and entangled. I felt the desire to fall in love so much that I've gotten myself in relationships that were not healthy. Luckily fate has always intervened. Sometimes the mare would fall out of love with me and fall in love with A different fellow. Sometimes I would realize that a relationship was coming to a dead end. As I got older I realized perhaps love wasn't for me at least not yet. I have some growing up to do. I need to become more than an adult First. I need to be more patient and the need to think before I act. I need to be less self absorbed and more caring to a partner. Luck is what you make out of it. Luck can be a wonderful happenstance and is hard to control. I can only hope that luck will fall on my side. I hope I can Count luck to be my friend, Intelligence and luck have gotten out of dangerous situations both physical and emotional.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:59 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Who are you entering with? Xue Fang
Link to the RP you're using:
Prompt response: Xue Fang spent his days isolated from most of the soq herds. He had traveled far from the icy North and has staked out his own piece of land in the cold mountain tops. Xue Fang had to fight to survive when he did not want to survive. Had fought many enemies and his claws had been splashed with blood more than once. He was by nature not evil but circumstances that caused him to become more cruel in nature. He had hardness that had not been aparent before his herd had been atacked. He had become extremely protective of his territory. Luck had intervened and saved him when many of his herd had died. Luck had also saved his cousins. Still luck could not a erase the cruel fate his herd had experienced. He was not as nice as he had once been. He took joy in spooking other soq. Instead of using words He would now use force to remove soq from his territory . Especially if he deemed they have ill intentions or if they are a flame/fire based soq. He still had a heart though. He still had a code of ethics it just had become more flexible.Sometimes he would guide other soq out of his territory and the area around it if they get lost. However, it all depended on his mood. He became by temper a survivalist and he was willing to use his keen intelligence and brute strength to survive. His herd battled elemental fire soq and he became separated from them. Luck had Favored him and his cousins they had survived when many of their herd had perished. However all of them had a deep hatred for fire-based or flame colored soq. It was also lucky that no fire based soq had come across his and his cousins territory at least lucky for soq of that nature . His cousins might enjoy some bloodletting and he might enjoy a chance of some kind of revenge. The eastern mountains, was a place few fire flamed soq dared to go. Instead most fire based soq, stayed in the desert. The desert was a place of heat and place were water was scarce. He and his kind could not exist in the desert. Their big body mass, fur,paws and bloodline made the desert inhospitable . They could easily dehydrate and they could quickly die. It was too risky to enter the desert in for the chance of revenge. Luck could only favor them in so many ways it was best not to chance luck. For bad luck could come swiftly and could bite harshly. Good luck and bad luck existed, and out of the two of them Xue Fang much preferred to court good luck.

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

Kyjoto

Timid Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:01 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Kyjoto
Who are you entering with? Ellessar
Prompt response:
"Oh, you want a story of a narrow escape? Well, I have one that might set your hairs on end....
I was adventuring you see, out west in the snow covered hills. I hadn't seen any life in miles. Everything was blisteringly white, and the lack of color was terrible. Made the journey quite a bore! Well, I rose one morning and saw a large shape off in the distance. It looked to have four legs, so I set after it, nearly forgetting my pack! I was bounding towards the figure, calling out, hoping maybe they would know of some interesting finds or places when all of a sudden, it started charging towards me! And all the while it was coming towards me, it split into two, then four, then more!
I turned as fast as I could and tripped over a rock. Good thing, because as I lay there hearing the thundering hooves I watched a giant elk jump right over me. One, then two and more. Nearly thirty elk jumped over me, and I was left without so much as a scratch!
Will that do it for you?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:32 am
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Nyx Queen of Darkness
Who are you entering with? Thierry
Link to the RP you're using: A series of errors occurs in which Thierry and her brother Rigel Trinity fall into a swollen river and are saved by Nessie the "sea monster" and her loa revering mate L'ingelsou. A very fortunate piece of saving.
Prompt response: N/A

Luck be a lady tonight!

Who are you entering with? Nessie
Link to the RP you're using:A series of errors occurs in which Thierry and her brother Rigel Trinity fall into a swollen river and are saved by Nessie the "sea monster" and her loa revering mate L'ingelsou. A very fortunate piece of saving.
Prompt response: N/S

Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Nyx Queen of Darkness.
Who are you entering with? L'inglesou
Link to the RP you're using: A series of errors occurs in which Thierry and her brother Rigel Trinity fall into a swollen river and are saved by Nessie the "sea monster" and her loa revering mate L'ingelsou. A very fortunate piece of saving.
Prompt response: NA

COME TO ME OCTOPUS /octo call XD  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:17 am
Luck be a lady tonight!

Who are you entering with? Aldrovanda
Link to the RP you're using: Aldrovanda runs into a tree on his way to the patient, but maybe just maybe a busted nose is going to make his future look up when he meets a capable healer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 am
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: tefla
Who are you entering with? Star Blayze
Link to the RP you're using: --

Prompt response:
Star Blayze looks around him at the meadow that is just coming to life again with Spring's warmth. Soon the place will be dotted in verdant green and blossoms of every color imaginable. The stallion stands tall and rustles his wings before nodding to himself. Luck had shone on him for just over a year now. He had found himself smitten with a young mare and eventually they had been blessed with two children. Bryony and Zahir were the first children born in their tiny herd and he couldn't be prouder of his offspring. His thoughts turned to their mother, Aiyana, the love of his life and he knew the spirits had blessed him when she came into his life. The herd continued to grow with new members and also existing members bringing forth new life. It was a fortuitous time to be in these lands. The coup de grace though was that it seemed as if he and Aiyana were expecting more children. Would the luck of the herd hold and would his own luck continue to bless him with good fortune? Time would have to be the silent judge. For now though everything seemed to be coming up roses. Speaking of which ... Star Blayze gently bit a barely blooming bud off the bush nearby and clamped down on the tiny bit of stem. He had a gift to give to his beloved Aiyana.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:33 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Mewsings of An Angel
Who are you entering with? Clover
Prompt response:
Clover could not help staring at the small bug that laid so perfectly at the center of the dark flower. It buzzed every once in a while; it's black and yellow body so very striking to the small foal. She blinked her eyes, a contemplative expression on her small face. Sticking her nose closer, the bug made an almost irritated buzzing noise at being interrupted and disembarked from the flower to buzz in the air around the foal who had decided to bother it. It tried to land briefly on the foal's nose, but the little one was not having it and backed away. Another irritated buzz before it decided that this foal was just too much annoyance to continue to dally here - the bee did a small loop and buzzed it's way toward a outcrop of low hanging trees.

Clover could not help her curious nature and wanted nothing more to follow the bug - and follow she did. She bounced through the tall grass, it standing just a touch taller than she, which made it very difficult to keep an eye out for the little yellow bug she aimed to find. Her small stature made it difficult to see above the grass, but as she hopped - making her look very much like a calico colored bunny - she noted that there were many little bugs!

Her hopping slowed and she approached the bug collection. They swarmed and buzzed around a bright yellowish thing that she didn't know the word for.
Something dripped and landed on her nose and she could smell it! It smelled yummy. Her tongue flashed out and licked her snout and an explosion of sweetness caused her wings to flutter excitedly.

"What is this?" She squeaked, eyes wide as she stared up at the bugs above her. Were they making this lovely stuff? As she watched, another dribble of yellow sweetness dropped from above. The small foal quickly made her way to where it dripped from and leaned up to catch it in her mouth. But it was in these movements that she was noticed by those who created it. One angry buzz was joined by another and then another... Until the noise was an angry swarming noise. They buzzed around the small foal who dared to steal their precious honey. Clover sensed something unhappy in the noise and her ears flattened as she watched the angry bugs. Oh dear...

Before she could take another breath, she felt a sharp pain in her rump and then another. They were stinging her! She let out a loud squeal of unhappiness and turned to run as fast as her little legs would carry her, all the while followed by a few very unhappy bees.

When she finally came upon a small creek the foal did not hesitate to leap into the chill waters. She felt near instant relief to the stings, but the angry welts were still very apparent on her rump. All the foal could do was sigh. She would have to ask her mother what those mean little bugs were and what they made!

517 words  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: Kyjoto
Who are you entering with? Rian Orome
Prompt response: The vine filled sinkhole held on to his wings with tiny barbs, tearing holes with every move. The sun had come and gone twelve times, and his voice was hoarse from calling for help. He had given up all hope. A storm had rolled through on the tenth day, hydrating him, but left his paws to soak in the standing water. The pads of his feet were painfully puckered. Rian tried to chew foot holds but the vines kept him trapped, unable to lift his paws to reach the holes he had created. The mud filled his growling stomach, but it was not a pleasant substance to keep eating.
He spent the ninth day praying to the gods, all of the ones he had learned of in his youth, just hoping one could hear him. On the twelfth day, he let all of his hope escape him into braying cries. Rian was not one to cry, but as he felt his strength rapidly decline he felt there was nothing left but to cry.
And that’s when he heard the thunder of little hooves, and a female voice calling out. He looked to the opening, but saw only blinding light. Had the gods come to take him? A dark figure stood over the sinkhole. Death had arrived.
His vision began to clear as the figure chuckled. “And I thought it was a bear.” The darkened shape called down to him. “Don’t worry lad, we’ll get you out.” The cream colored usdia chided, singing a tune as he circled around the hole. Was this death, being mocked by a mirage? He dared not to ask.
Dirt began to fall on his wings and back, and he was sure it was death. It meant to bury him alive. He let out a cry. “Shake your back and lift your hooves, we’ll have you out in a jiff!” The usdia’s voice echoed down. Every splash of dirt and lift of his paws rose him higher, but the vines and roots still pulled at him. Rian kept trying to free his wings to no avail, but sure enough he was rising higher.
Eventually, he could see the edge of the sinkhole and he reared back. The searing pain of the vines letting go of his wings was dreadful, but his front paws grabbed the edge, and he finally was able to pull himself free.
“You are a bear!” The cream color usdia stepped back, watching as Rian shook out his wings. They were tattered and oozing, and he knew he would never fly again. But he was alive, and the sun greeted him with warmth. The gods had heard him, and brought him two saviors. The smaller usdia placed an apple before him, smiling. The two were covered in mud, but they continued to fill the sinkhole. What a strange pair, Rian thought as he took the apple.

wc: 483

Kyjoto

Timid Bloodsucker

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:20 pm
Luck be a lady tonight!

Username: LOLTERNATIVE
Who are you entering with? Losille
Link to the RP you're using: Losille very rarely comes down the mountain. Luckily for the stallion she ran into she chose this day to come because it seems he'll be needing her help.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces