Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:42 pm
She was helping more than she knew, and his fingers wriggled in her hands as they walked. Sure, it looked strange, a grown man being led like a child to a boat, but Marcus was not going to care. People already thought him odd. What was a little more oddity?

As they reached the boat he felt himself seize up momentarily, fingers squeezing Cass's smaller ones.

"Yeah." Her question registered, but he didn't let go of her hands until a beat had passed. He felt like he might vomit from the sudden anxiety but he had to do this. Just think about it logically he told himself. Maybe he had eternal floating magic or something. Would be more useful than his small blowing s**t up power at any rate.

"I-" He shut his eyes, breathing in and out. Trying to fight down the sudden nausea and fear in his gut.

"Promise me after this we'll go out tomorrow for brunch?" It probably sounded stupid.
"If- if I have plans that means I can't-" He can't die. "-Then I can't just bail. I can do this." He said it again. Just to help make it seem possible.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 pm
She stroked the back of his hands with her thumbs. His nerves danced through his hands into hers and she could practically taste the fear.

"After this," she started, "we're going to go back to your place with all these crabs we're going to catch. We're going to cook them and eat them and snuggle on your couch and watch something on TV. We're probably going to end up naked in your bed and I'm going to absolutely love it. We'll wake up next to each other after probably sleeping in and then we'll have brunch."

They'd be out on the water for roughly an hour, tops. Enough to get out, leave out a few traps, wait, pull them up, come back in.

"Does that sounds like a deal? I'm going to have to let go of your hands to get in the boat, but I'll offer them right back to help you get on." It almost pained her to release him, fingertips lingering against his for longer than she'd meant for them to. Turning, she gently stepped onto the edge of the ship, supporting herself with one hand against the awning, then down into the bed.

Then, she turned and offered her hands out to him again.

"I've got you and you've got this. Believe in me who believes in you."

istoleyurvamps

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:59 pm
She had a better plan thanh e did and he liked it a lot more than just 'brunch'. It gave him a bit more motivation that tomorrows mid-morning meal.

"That's a good plan." He hadn't missed the last part she'd said either, and Marcus glanced at her with semi-hopeful look. He did like it when she ended up naked, bed or not. Still, the motivation of crab, movies, and sex didn't erase his apprehension entirely, though it was helping keep his queasiness to a minimum.

When Cass had let go, Marcus stiffened, a tiny helpless look washing across his face for a split second before it was swallowed back down with his usual pleasant expression. If strained. She'd done it so easily, getting into the swaying, rocking boat, surely, he could do the same.

"Yes, I can do this it's not.. hard." That was what Marcus said at any rate, sinking low to the dock as he scooted himself to the edge, very gingerly reaching a leg out along with his hands to try and find Cass's once more.

The second her hand was in his, he was squeezing, face marred by very plain fear as the boat gently swayed.

One leg in.
Two legs in.
The rest of him followed before he quickly flung himself to the most 'stable' area of the boat- the covered portion near the controls.

"......Is this a bad time to confess I have not been on a boat in years?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:14 pm
"You can do this, even if it is hard." Cass assured. She squeezed his hand back as he grabbed hers, helping pull him over to the boat once he was over and into it. He was definitely not enjoying this the way she had wanted him to. Which was disappointing, but there was something about getting him into the boat which was very...special to her.

She couldn't place it, however.

"I..." Cass thought about it, "I haven't been on a boat since I was six, so I guess that makes two of us." Still, unlike Marcus who had found a place under the awning near the controls to cling to, Cass carefully set about the boat, untying ropes and generally looking a bit more at home than he was.

During this time, she made a point to gently press the live jacket she'd gotten for Marcus into his arms. "Put this on, then we'll head out, okay?" she stood on the side of the boat away from the pier and pointed. "We're heading out only about 100 feet or so. We'll still be able to see the shore. It'll be fine," Cass paused to kiss him again, letting her lips linger longer than previously, "and I'm proud of you."

istoleyurvamps
Feel free to fast forward a bit onto open water if you want to ;P

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:42 pm
One one hand, he was proud of himself. He'd done it. Cassandra had managed to help him get past the worst of it. She was proud of him and while he'd not tell her why he was so unnerved, her saying how proud she was of him made something warm bloom in his chest.

He wasn't supposed to say it was love but-
It was close, very close.

Putting on his life jacket, Marcus remained near the controls, waiting and hovering next to Cass as they made their way from the shore.

"We- I-" He was trying to find the right words but it was difficult.

"Thank you." He whispered, reaching over to pull her in for a kiss.
"I must be quite strange- a grown man terrified of a boat. Boats." He paused, holding her before letting her go with a sigh.

"Not that I was not strange already, but this is more common irrationality." As if his paranoia about the government was any better. "Thank you for being so patient and understanding with me Cass. I know I'm not always the easiest man to-" He smiled, shrugging his shoulders. Self depreciation would just sound like compliment fishing now.

"Well. We did it." The boat had past the worst of the waves, and now softly rocked back and forth.
"Open.. water."
demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:03 pm
She slipped her arms around his neck when he pulled her in for another kiss, her heart fluttering - and not from the contact high that she'd still not exactly gotten used to. It wasn't a high like a drug, it was turning into something else....hoooo boy, she'd need to kill that feeling, but the look on his face as he pulled away. That wasn't going to help.

"Marcus, I cry and hide for no reason when there's a thunderstorm outside. Hell, if this boat had been green I would have booked it the opposite direction before you did. I'm also a grown a** adult. I understand."

Still, for her the slight sway of the boat was relaxing, stepping away from Marcus to poke her head out the side of the boat. A deep inhale of salt air, she stretched her arms up above her head. "This is great weather. Now....you can help with the traps if you want to," she offered, motioning to the tied off cages and the buckets of..fowl smelling something or other to the other end of the boat.

Cass, however, was fairly certain she'd be on her own with it, crossing the boat to sit and start packing partially rotten fish into the traps. Gently, the lowered the first one, then turned for the second one.

"I think our limit is like 30. Would you eat 15 crabs?" she turned to look at him over her shoulder.

Istoleyurvamps

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:13 pm
Yes but thunderstorms could kill you and were present all across the world. Boats were a choice one subjected themselves too and only posed a threat on water. Marcus's irrational paranoia kept trying to downplay her fears and amplify his own. A terrible thing that was self-destructive and he knew it. Therapy helped sometimes in moments like this when he was over thinking.

As Cass set about to get the traps going, Marcus watched from under the cover with extreme hesitancy to move. It wasn't fair she do all the work and it was just a few feet. He could.. scoot there. One step at a time.
"I'd like to help if I can." It wasn't forced but just cautionary as he stepped closer and closer to Cass, until he was next to her, eyes flickering to the traps and the bucket of rotting fish parts.

"... Ten crabs should be good." Lifting a trap he moved slowly, also grabbing a pair of gloves.
"We can give some to friends."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:37 pm
Cass glanced over as Marcus joined her, playfully bumping her shoulder against his side. "Nice to see you over here," she said with a smile, holding the trap open as Marcus gloved up to throw some of his own bait into it.

"Ten for you or ten for both of us to share?" she asked. Did she believe Marcus could eat ten crabs by himself? Yes. Yes she did.

With the last trap thrown over, Cass was flipping through her phone to double-check her information. "Yeah, looks like we can have up to 30 of a certain size and no females. So good thing I can measure stuff." which was code for 'I'm going to get pinched and scream and it will be hilarious and I'll laugh afterwards'.

"You want to lay down for a bit? Should make things a little easier for a bit."

Istoleyurvamps

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:25 pm
"Ten each." he looked at the traps then- "Actually best get 30 if we can. I can freeze them." Marcus would and could eat crab for days if he was allowed. Not that he had before or that it was a good thing to do but, the man had his vices, Seafood being one of them.

As the trap was cast over and gloves pulled off, Marcus quickly darted back to the relative perceived safety of the overhang, eyeing Cass and then the distant shoreline. It wouldn't take too long, and, she was here, nothing bad would happen.

"Not lay down but-" He reached out, tugging her so she was sitting on his lap. Resting his face into the crook of her neck, Marcus sighed, fingers lacing around her middle.

"Just give me a second. We can.. do stuff in a bit." Maybe play eye spy or something? He'd not brought any playing cards so he wasn't sure how to best pass the time.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:33 pm
That sounded about right. "We can eat crab a few times with that many. It'll be nice. Cheaper than most places-" said the girl who had RENTED A BOAT, bought bait, rented traps, and if one thought about it too hard, this was actually a rather expensive date. But 30 crabs at any restaurant would have been more.

She'd been doing math when Marcus pulled her to sit in his lap. With a small sigh, Cass leaned back into him, reaching back to wrap one arm half way around him in turn. She rested her head against the side of his and closed her eyes. "I wouldn't mind just sitting like this for a while," she said quietly.

If called out on it, she would have denied it, but Cassandra enjoyed his company more than she rightfully should have. It broke her own rules.

He was worth being around.

Istoleyurvamps

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:52 pm
He smiled in her hair, enjoying the comfort of her touch and the feeling of her body against his. He sometimes wondered how one would call it because it wasn't desire he felt but a unique sense of calm. Not 'peace' since he could still fret but- not as much. Grounding was a word that came close but-
But his feelings were muted in expression. He learned that Cass didn't much enjoy discussing his affections.

Which made it all the more difficult to find a way to talk at time like this. He was happy to be near her, holding her, just existing and he wasn't sure how to express how he appreciated her being there and sharing the moment with him.

In his mind he went over what she said, how yes, they could eat crab for a while, but that was a given. The man loved seafood and had made no moves to hide just how much. She knew he was partially terrified about the whole boat and being on water and the whole situation. She also would likely know that he was probably overthinking given the span of time he remained silent.

He eventually, did find a point of discussion.
"How are we going to cook them all. I only have one deep pot and I don't think I have anything at home that goes good with crab."

Dinner was a good topic right?
"We should also rent a DVD and get dessert on way home."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:47 am
Marcus was being quiet. That meant one of three things: 1) he had fallen asleep (doubtfult), 2) he'd gone mute (also doubtful), or 3) he was overthinking about something. Normally she wouldn't worry so much about it, but Cassandra couldn't help fretting just a little bit over this particular man on this particular boat in this particular town. She tried to not think of him as special in any given way but.....

He was. He was special to her.

"Either very slowly, or we need to get a bigger pot." she replied. How much were pots? Did she want to invest in one after spending money on a boat? Yeah, probably. Money was money. Wasn't like she was saving up for any grand expenditure (except the 'just in case my car dies' fund).

"Yeah? DVD over Netflix's night tonight?" Albeit, they had spent 15 minutes last time trying to decide what to watch that looked any good, so she kind of understood that point. "We'll see what Redbox has, I guess." She hadn't been to a proper theater in years, so she wouldn't have seen anything. "What kind of dessert? Something that goes with crab flavor wise or...?"

They probably were just generally going to walk blindly through the store, but she didn't mind. She just relaxed into him quietly.

Istoleyurvamps

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:32 pm
Marcus hummed, then muttered about stopping at the kitchen store if it was still open. He'd chosen his path. Bigger pot it would be.
"I have a deep freezer in the garage. The rest can go in there- even if I'll have to make space." He honestly didn't remember what was in it aside from some meat he'd been given as a gift from his co-worker's hunting trip.

Hands running up to her neck and shoulders, he started a massage, giving his hands something to do rather than idle. This was- nice. Even on a boat he could appreciate her nearness and trust in him. Not to mention her willingness to entertain his thoughts.

"Redbox. Do you have a preference for genre tonight or just whatever strikes one's fancy? I could go with a drama myself." She'd probably want horror, which was fine by him.
"White chocolate truffles sound alright? Pair well with the white wine and mild flavor." He kept his fingers busy, occasionally playing with her hair and looking out at the water.

"........Did you put on sunscreen?" He hadn't and he was sure he'd regret it if he did not.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:41 pm
Cass leaned back into his hands with a soft sigh, closing her eyes and rolling her head back. She'd tried to be more guarded about letting him be too touchy in the past, but he'd figured out her buttons and she'd eventually just allowed it. It was an awfully sweet gesture, after all. God, if she was going to allow that fluttering feeling in her heart to go anywhere, it'd probably end up being his fault.

"We'll see if we need to keep some in my freezer too. Unless we just plan to eat crab with each other a lot." Which probably was the plan to be fair.

"No movie preference. Nothing really spectacular has come out horror wise, but I heard some good things about 'Nocturnal Animals' if that sounds any good to you." She suggested, settling more easily into his lap with a content sigh.

"Not usually a chocolate person," he should have known that, but chocolate didn't come up too often, "but I could go for a truffle. Sounds good."

His last question caused her to glance back at him sideways, "Nope. I've never burned in my life. And," she motioned to the awning that covered the entire passenger area of the boat, "not exactly catching rays."

istoleyurvamps

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:46 pm
Humming louder, Marcus kissed the back of her neck, boldly, not thinking how it might have been 'too much' for her comfort in such a short span. But, he pulled himself back, leaning into the chair and trying to work out her muscles in his hands.

Lips pursed as she said they'd not need sunscreen but- He thought about it for a while longer. True, they were directly out of the rays. True, she might not burn. He could. Plus his mind kept going to find and excuse to keep holding her and touching her, taking his mind off the gentle rocking of the boat. That and other reasons he didn't think he'd actually consider but now actually seemed somewhat enticing.

"You sure?" His hands moved to her sides.
"Better safe than sorry." He stared at her, wondering if he was being too vague.

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces