Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
New GW skirmish game: Shadow War - ARMAGEDDON Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:52 am
Sadly April will be packed with game releases I am interested in so my wallet is about to empty out.

Here's looking forward to April 1st. Not sure what faction I'll try first, but my sister is excited to try Necrons which are on the rumored faction list.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:57 pm
BrookM
April 8th does indeed appear to be the projected release date, which if true, is good timing for me personally as that's the start of a two week break for me.
Don't you mean "just in time for my bday"? emotion_yatta  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:27 am
Vikki Stardust
BrookM
April 8th does indeed appear to be the projected release date, which if true, is good timing for me personally as that's the start of a two week break for me.
I don't really do those any more, as every one is a painful reminder of the futility of my life and the lack of achievements to date, which only weigh heavier and heavier with each passing year.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:36 am
BrookM
Vikki Stardust
BrookM
I don't really do those any more, as every one is a painful reminder of the futility of my life and the lack of achievements to date, which only weigh heavier and heavier with each passing year.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 pm
On the bright side you've got lots of minis fully painted and good to go?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:24 am
Pre-order date has been confirmed as April 1st and the release date as the 8th of April, with a retail price of €120,- / £90,- / $150,- for Shadow War Armageddon.

Makes me glad I get a flat 20% off on these things.

The terrain will also be available on its own in three separate packs: Ferratonic Furnace, Galvanic Magnavent and Alchomite Stack.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:06 pm
STFU and Color
On the bright side you've got lots of minis fully painted and good to go?
Like the punishment of Sisyphus some things will never end. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:44 am
What now?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:17 am
Books homeslice, do try to read them sometimes, broaden that horizon a bit.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:38 pm
BrookM
Pre-order date has been confirmed as April 1st and the release date as the 8th of April, with a retail price of €120,- / £90,- / $150,- for Shadow War Armageddon.

Makes me glad I get a flat 20% off on these things.

The terrain will also be available on its own in three separate packs: Ferratonic Furnace, Galvanic Magnavent and Alchomite Stack.

Siiiiiiccccckkk. Will be glad to pick more up!  

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:50 pm
The terrain pieces will sell on their own, but at prices ranging from €30 to €40 per piece, meaning that the boxed set is the best way to get it at a good price.

There is also a good chance that the main boxed set will be a limited release and once sold out, will not come back in stock.

If previous boxed sets are of any indication, you pay for the terrain, get the rest (models, templates and rulebooks) for free.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:30 am
FLGS' have been notified today in an official capacity:

Quote:
After the big announcements at the Gamma show in Las Vegas, we are releasing Shadow Wars: Armageddon – a standalone self-contained skirmish game set in the hive cities of Armageddon. The news has been very well received and many people are highly anticipating this release. Shadow Wars: Armageddon is a skirmish game similar to Kill Team and based on the classic Necromunda ruleset. The rules have remained the same, however we have introduced rules to allow for other Warhammer 40.000 rules to be used in the game.

Necromunda is widely known and many existing customers will know this system. It has always been a very popular game system and we are offering extra support for the re-launch of this exciting game. More information about the Shadow War: Armageddon spring campaign can be found below

Finally we are releasing a new battletome and Warscroll cards for the Daemonic followers of Khorne.

Go loud date: 1st of April (also check www.warhammer-community.com!) Pre-order: 1st of April
Available for order: now Start selling in your store: 8th of April

SHADOW WAR: ARMAGEDDON – THE GAME

SHADOW WAR: ARMAGEDDON – THE GAME

This box contains a standalone boxed game, based on the Necromunda classic rule set. In this game two Kill Teams fight against each other in Skirmish combat in the labyrinths of a hive world.

The rules have remained the same to the original Necromunda rule set, however we have introduced rules to allow for other Warhammer 40.000 rules to be used in the game.

The box comes with a Space Marine and Ork Kill Team, however the game can be expanded using various other Citadel miniatures. Free PDFs containing rules for 10 additional Kill Team factions can be downloaded from our website after the 1st of April.

The box contains:

· Two Kill Teams consisting of 5x Space Marine Scouts (48-16) and 5x Space Marine Scouts with Sniper Rifles (48-29) versus 10x Ork Boyz (50-10)
· Brand new multi-level modular scenery with a heavy industrial theme. The scenery is modular and can be constructed in various shapes and settings.
· A 120 softback rulebook. This rule book will currently only be available in this box. It contains the full rules needed to play, including 6 missions and comprehensive rules for linking games together into a large evolving multi-game campaign
· 3x translucent red plastic templates, Overwatch and Hidden counters, 7x dice – 5x D6, a scatter die and an artillery die

And the announcement for the activity pack:

Quote:
SHADOW WAR: ARMAGEDDON – SPRING EVENT CAMPAIGN

This spring our organised play pack is focused around the new game of Shadow War Armageddon. This is a great new game giving collectors a chance to quickly build small forces and play multiple small games. Those veteran gamers out there will be keen to learn that much of the ruleset is based on the classic Necromunda game, including some between-game advancement and earning experience that can see your small recon force grow to become an elite unit of honed killers.

SHADOW WAR: ARMAGEDDON – SPRING ACTIVITY PACK

We have created a Shadow War: Armageddon activity pack to help you run fun events in your store. The events range from building and painting to playing events and can be as big or small as you want! You are free to choose what events and when to run the events! activity pack contains:

1x window poster
1x leader board poster
5x rules summary sheets
6x scenario sheets
12x certificates
2x sets of dice
100x Stickers
1x Shadow War Armageddon rulebook
10x faction sheets
100x roster sheets
20x gaming token sets
20x wristbands
5x sets of kill team cards
1x store managers guide
The Shadow War: Armageddon activity pack is only available for shops signed up to the Trade Stockist Programme. If you aren’t signed up to the Trade Stockist Programme yet and would like to find out more about this programme and its associated benefits, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Shadow War: Armageddon Activity Pack
Available while stock lasts
£ 30.00 / € 40.00

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:59 pm
Rather massive leak of the upcoming White Dwarf has been posted online, courtesy of a subscriber: http://imgur.com/a/ORZt2

In short, the White Dwarf previews the Skitarii and Genestealer Cult Kill Teams, plus their special operatives, complete wargear lists and relevant special rules.

The terrain kits are also shown off, giving tips on how to properly assemble them and some of the things you can do with these.

If there wasn't any hype before, it should be there now.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:45 am
Not sure if it's been listed but the 10 factions are: Tau, Skitarii, Necrons, Eldar, Dark Eldar, CSM, Genestealer Cult, Grey Knights, Tyranids, Harlequins.

Sooo.... no Imperial Guard?  

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:42 am
Going by that list we also wouldn't be able to play Orks or Space Marines then. ninja

However, Imperial Guard veterans are also an option and their rules can be found in the Armageddon boxed set.

All the other factions will have their rules (hopefully) pop up on the site this Saturday, as downloadable files akin to the warscrolls of Age of Sigmar.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff