[PRP] the charted path (shiloh & jeremiah & ???) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:13 pm
    The folio was cradled in his hands, his eyes full of wonder as he looked down at it. Was this how Jamie felt when he held the spell schema for the first time? Knowing that there was this exceptional potential held in his palms? It was like learning the geas, like inheriting his role as a principal. It was overwhelming responsibility. He didn't take it lightly.

"Thank you, Silk." His fingers traced the leather exterior, "But really, Shiloh is fine." He wasn't yet a Lord, not really in his eyes. Maybe a noble, but not anything more than that. Someday, perhaps.

"There's a lot of work that needs to be done." He said, tasting experimental authority on his tongue, tentative assertion. He needed to find Melany, and someone needed to speak with Noeh again. He didn't want to doubt her--he adored her-- but her story hadn't added up. It bothered him. Surely she wouldn't lie? But what reason did he have to distrust Silk? He knew the seal on Melany had been horrific. "I just have one last question. There's six fingerprints here, so who were the other two? If you know." Minerva, Ming, Jennifer, Aodelle... his brain said Heliodora and Micheal, but it was better safe than sorry.

His hands around the document were careful, but firm. His eyes had a protective sort of gleam. The weight in his palms was heavy like lead, but it didn't drag him down. He carried it like a ring bearer at a wedding, wore it like a badge of honor, treated it with a silent, solemn dignity.

Hope was dangerous, but powerful too. He was the key, and for once he really felt like he could do anything.

azuredreams

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:55 pm
With the charter being passed to Shiloh, Jeremiah let out a quiet breath he had not realized he was holding. His focus shifted back to Silk and he nodded.

"Thank you for your answer, Silk. It is appreciated." At least he understood where Silk was coming from; her lack of agreement with it but having no power to stop it.

He had not expected the look on Silk's face but it loosened one of the knots in his stomach; his subconscious unease of fetches. It fled away with that look and her words because she cared for Lady Melany. Everything else, however, was far from clear. Had Noeh lied to them? Or was it a simple subterfuge to let them learn the truth on their own?

Jeremiah was impressed with the Shiloh before him. The one that carried himself with grace and poise within these walls. He spoke well and it showed. Another nod of his head was given, the older man himself wanting to hear confirmation too.

Me1ancholies

shibroswol

final word count: 1247

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 pm
Silk bared her black-painted teeth. "Two cowards," she said. "Two who couldn't bear to watch what it was that they had done. I never saw them. The sigil itself was blooded elsewhere." She took a deep breath to regain her composure. "When they touch the sheet, their blood will resonate with them. I believe each fingerprint belongs to a different person, but I can't be sure."

She said, "Take care, Lord Shiloh," and bowed again. Noel and Noah opened the door.

Melancholies
azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas