Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:32 am
"He's pretty clever," said Sonny. "He'd be alright if you let him wander. Most wargs aren't meant to be trained and tamed like pets, it makes them less useful." Still, they got up on their toes to pull down some seeds and nuts from a pantry full of grainy goodies. They carefully shelled some out onto a small dish and lowered Trouble carefully down for snacks.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:45 pm
As Sonny was working with the goodies, Trouble was making all sorts of happy chirping noises. Mostly because it was a kind of 'you're the best, thank you for noms' noise time. Once he was lowered down, he set to work on the seeds first (those nuts were going to be last).

"... that ... is good to hear," said Nasir, giving Sonny a relieved smile. "Especially from you." As he valued their opinion greatly. "There's not really much of a guide to this, though America is really great and helps, so I don't really have a good base to work with."

shibroswol

word count to here: 904

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:11 pm
"Why don't you make one," said Sonny reasonably, reaching out to grab some glasses off a shelf and pour some iced tea. They held out a glass to Nasir and took a sip from the other. "You're friendly. That'd reflect on a page, surely. Or you could start a Warg Club and lure people in with goodies."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:57 pm
"You think?" Nasir took a glass and looked thoughtful. "I know there's people who want to know and it ... is better if it's not a mystery, you know? Helping others is important."

It was a very serious thought, especially given that he had - of late - been talking about it to people.

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:28 pm
Sonny nodded. "Exactly. Like I'm sure there's a way to get the word out to a large group. Make it clear it's not only open to warts and I'm sure you'll get lots of bites."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:11 pm
"I can do that with the listserv, I think!" Nasir was all smiles at this point. "I mean, ... well. Professor Townhome put this email thing up that lets us all communicate about stuff like this. If I can put something together, I could share it there and get input and maybe someone on it knows more about wargs. History and stuff that would be good to learn about."

Not be doomed to repeat mistakes and all.

"You're always helping me, you know," he said a breath later. "You doing okay too?" ... because he did remember running into that police officer that had said one of her parents was missing (which he had not even known that she had those; not actually around).

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:58 pm
Sonny giggled, and sat on the edge of the table, their feet in their silly fuzzy socks on the a** of a chair. "I think that sounds perfect. And, you know, helping people is what I'm here for, I guess. I don't need much, 'kept for Papa to come back, and..."

They frowned, expression going faraway. "He won't be back for a while."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:56 pm
Those fuzzy socks were kind of amazing and Nasir liked them. The ginger snaps he brought were slid over to Sonny while he gave one last look towards Trouble who was still enjoying his selection of treats laid out.

"Is he not missing then? Away doing something instead?" inquired Nasir, before stopping. "Someone- Well, an officer who is looking into it said he was." No point in lying to them. He slipped closer, fingers curling gently around their shoulder and holding.

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:02 pm
"No, he's gone," said Sonny. "But I can't say where he is. Father said not to, and he wouldn't ask me to do something without a good reason."

They took a gingersnap, and broke it in half. "A good snap," they said, in a surprisingly strong imitation of Paul Hollywood. "Got some nice chopped ginger in there."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:19 pm
Nasir nodded, apparently satisfied with that answer (and why wouldn't he be? this was not something he was wanting to push). Instead he was laughing as Sonny did an imitation of Paul Hollywood.

"Fresh too," he replied. "I think it helps with the flavor." Then, of course, in a staged whisper. "Sometimes I think I want to go on a show like that but then I feel like it would be cheating."

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:30 pm
"Why would it ever be cheating," said Sonny. "You're fun and sweet and that'd be good TV I think."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:46 pm
"Only because I have a bit of magic?" he said with a chuckle. "I mean it doesn't make things taste better but I always seem to have just enough of what I need to finish what I'm making."

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:37 pm
"In the Great British Bakeoff, they provide you with all the materials you need anyway," said Sonny. "So?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:07 pm
"I know. That's why it's silly." Nasir shouldn't even be concerned with it. The ingredients were all there but for him what if-

"You'd root for me if I was on a show like that?" he asked instead, a faint ruddy red on his face because he felt silly. "Maybe I'll try something out local. Never did enter any of the cooking competitions they have."

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:25 am
"Yeah, duh," said Sonny. "I have, like, a computer and stuff. I can watch online, they stream the chili cook off every summer." They tossed their hair over their shoulder, and reached over to give Trouble more scratches. Warg pets best pets 4 life.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces