[PRP] Birds and Bots (America/Chester) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:33 pm
The bluejay could not, quite manage the screw driver, but that didn't stop him from trying to maneuver around with the damn thing as he hopped down to Chester's lap. Watching him, America couldn't help a soft snort at the bird antics.

After a moment, her expression softened into a sympathetic smile, "It's easy, to forget about the good parts. Have you ever kept a treasure box? With all the bits and pieces of wanders and friends and small things that caught your eye?"

smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:22 pm
"I haven't." He certainly collected enough odd scraps to hold on to some of them, he simply hadn't thought to do so before. He kind of hated scrapbooking, at least in the traditional sense.

"I suppose I could try. I do know the first thing I would save. I made a purple turtle eraser... expand, I guess. Professor Mercer was teaching me how things worked on the other side." He had since used half of the eraser on other things, but every time he did, he was reminded how far he'd come.

lizbot

Smerdle

Scamp

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:09 pm
"I like to keep good things together, sometimes they're things I can touch. I'll take out that little box and run my hands over them, sometimes just because, sometimes when other things get too heavy to bear with a bit of...shoring up, I guess."

Mr. B managed a good few hops before dropping the screw driver again.

"I do the same with good thoughts n' memories too. I put them in a little box in my head, one that's always nearby just in case. I guess it's called..." Her expression scrunched in thought for a moment, "Affirmations? Thankfulness? Maybe not...maybe a bit of both. But it's handy, even with magic stuff." Maybe especially with magic stuff, where what you put in mattered so much.

smerdle

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:47 pm
Now that was going to be more difficult. Not only did Chester still dislike scrapbooking, but he was a connoisseur of pessimism as well, and this sounded an awful lot like trying to make a scrapbook in his own mind with all the happy thoughts he didn't have.

"I'll try that too." He'd try because intent was important to magic and he needed practice at it. And also because America was being terribly kind.

"He can keep that if you want him to," Chester said, gesturing at the charm. "It hasn't told me what it wants to be yet so it should probably make someone else happy."

lizbot
SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT ;;

Smerdle

Scamp

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:04 pm
"Awwww, thanks hun, it'll perk him right up. The little ne'er-do-well gets into awful sulks whenever I take a thing back." She cast an apologetic glance at the store she'd exited earlier.

It took a moment for the rest of what Chester was saying, but when it registered, America's eyes went wide and curious. "You can talk to jewelry?"

smerdle

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:48 am
Chester smiled just a little bit, not having considered how that might sound outside of his head.

"It's mostly machines and toys, things that move, but every so often something more decorative will kind of... push me in a certain direction. It's not speaking, really." He shuffled around in his pockets for a second, bringing out the weird spring-and-plastic beetle. "When I touch certain things, they show me that they would be happy being other things as well. That probably sounds just as nonsensical." He shrugged. "It is what it is. I usually make robots, but I imagine the power might be more useful someday."

lizbot

Smerdle

Scamp

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:03 pm
America's expression slowly turned into something resembling childish delight as Chester explained it. Eyes shining, she clapped her hands together, practically bouncing in her seat. "That is so cool! That might be the the coolest magic I've ever heard!"

Hands fluttering to her mouth she leaned down to peer at the beetle with glee.

smerdle

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:26 pm
"Surely speaking with Mr. Bitterberry is far cooler." Not to mention shadow coins and... well... he didn't really know what else America could do, but presumably it was just as cool. Chester smiled in earnest now, rather pleased with himself.

"It has been eye-opening at the very least. I'll admit I'm waiting for its real usefulness to become apparent, but until then, it lets me make weird things to give to people. If you want it. This one's a little stranger than most." He was just Bizarro Santa today, wasn't he? To be fair, he certainly didn't have any particular need to keep most of the things he had amassed since he'd picked up this weird hobby.

lizbot

Smerdle

Scamp

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out