azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:55 pm
Gloom, when touched, felt like if one pushed hard enough they'd go right through him. Shadows, strangely enough, felt not unlike something silk- smoky silk.

He sniffed at Preacher's paw when it was close enough, ears perking forward before he rolled over on his back. Gloom was wriggling his back along the ground and stretching out with a happy chitter. "Gloom likes y'but doesn't know y'name. Can't call y'noodlefriend, that's kind of rude.

"... and ... maybe? If y'can make friends with shadows they might let y'do that? Not quiet shadows but the ones that talk if y'listen. Quiet shadows are stupid."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:23 am
Preacher snorted and leapt over Gloom's outstretched body, the turned and smacked him lightly on his stomach. "I'm Preacher. N' you're Gloom, yeah? Why doncha say I instead of your name?" She didn't have an opinion on his way of speaking in third person, but was curious anyway.

"Well, ya are a livin' shadow, right? I never tried listenin' ta shadows. How many are livin'?" She jumped back over him.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:43 pm
Preacher got a playful swat back every time she jumped across as Gloom's tail lazily swished back back and forth. "Nice to meet y'Preacher."

His nose scrunched up a bit as he gently butted his head against her side. "Gloom just likes it. I is for serious times and this isn't serious times. It's fun times which are very important." Hunkering down to the ground he wiggled a bit.

"Don't know for sure. Regular shadows just do what y'want, 'cause y'can make them do things with magic, but the ones that are like Gloom? They won't respond unless y'talk with them and ask. They don't speak like Gloom does either."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:10 pm
She almost giggled. "I ain't felt like having fun 'round other animal-types much. But you're different, Gloom." Preacher thwapped at him right back.

"I think it's nicer ta ask, anyway, rather'n bid 'em do whatever n' s**t." Her tail flipped back and forth. "More shadows should be like you."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:58 pm
Gloom seemed to preen under the praise, continuing to hunker down and wriggle until he was pouncing playfully at Preacher. "Y'should have fun! There's too much stuff that messes with fun and y'need to have it."

His tail swished a little more, the shadow marten rolling into a ball and tumbling after pouncing at Preacher again. "It's okay 'cause the shadows that are Gloom's family take talking too but they're tricky, y'know? They like having fun too."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:22 pm
Preacher huffed. "Too much s**t ta worry about ta have fun half tha time, y'know." She rolled over, flattening some stalks of grass to avoid being pounced upon. Despite her words, she was having fun.

"Tricky? You have a fam'ly?" The distaste was faint in her tone, but still there. "Race ya to tha tree." Then she was off, bounding through the grass.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:08 pm
Gloom, in a race, disappeared to the ground and was like smoke across it. Shadows that rolled and tumbled as they moved to the tree.

"It's only family," Gloom said as he rolled into tree (more about the race than winning for him), "because that's where Gloom comes from. Not 'cause anything else. Like ... family, genus, species? That stuff."

... maybe Gloom had watched Discover Channel recently. Who knew.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:33 pm
"s**t. Y'damn fast, Gloom." Preacher nearly smacked into the tree. She was fast, but had nothing on Gloom's shadowy progress. "Oh, like hominidae for me n' s**t. I thought ya meant like tha social n' relative construct. Now that is pure n' utter bullshit."

She shook herself bodily. Gross.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:50 pm
"Y'can make y'self faster here, though ... y'might need to be in y'other form ..." Gloom was not always sure about the specifics of moonwalkers and their powers. He was winding around the tree, peeking around it at Preacher.

"No, 'cause Gloom doesn't really have that. Just shadows. Lots of friends though! Those are nice 'cause Gloom makes 'em."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:32 am
"Nah, I'on't like bein' in my human-ish bits while I'm here. I like this." She scraped her paws over her ears, watching Gloom out of the corner of her eyes.

"D'ya wish ya had family n' stuff? Or friends're best?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:15 pm
Gloom was pouncing at a leaf, trying to catch it and making it bounce back up into the air.

"Isn't family just ... really close friends?" he asked, head tilting and looking at Preacher. "Gloom doesn't really know much about family."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:50 am
She tried to toss a leaf at Gloom, but it curled away on a breeze, drifting lazily into the grass. Boo, you whore, she thought.

"Family ain't close friends." Preacher huffed and pressed herself flat against the ground. "Family is what you're stuck with. N' you're s'pposed to always love 'em n' obey 'em and be grateful they deigned to take ya in even though they don't want ya. Family is bein' passed 'round like a bag o' trash until ya get old enough ta be kicked out." She wriggled.

"Anyway, it's shitty n' friends're better."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:05 pm
A shadow, one that stretched from Gloom himself, stretched for the leaf and batted it back towards Preacher. Trying to make sure it did not actually hit the ground.

His nose was wrinkled up as he hunkered down (don't let that leaf fall all the way) and then rolled over onto his back again. White eyes watched Preacher.

"... that sounds kind of bad. Didn't know y'could just come with family." A swish of his tail. "Gloom thinks he heard something like this before but then why would anyone want family?" Didn't everyone want family? Wasn't that a human thing?

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:35 pm
Preacher twisted up and leapt at the leaf. A game of balloon - never touch the ground. "O' course it's bad - it's like a goddamn lottery. Some people get ********' lucky, I guess. I wouldn't know." She shivered, full-body, fur puffing out.

"I feel like people want that good s**t, y'know? But everyone gets dealt a bad hand o' cards n' I've had enough families ta know there ain't no good in 'em. Friends're us'lly better." She tried to send the leaf winging for Gloom's nose.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:08 pm
The leaf at his nose actually made Gloom sneeze and blew it up higher before. "Tickles!" he chittered and then kept an eye on it to not let it come down while he thought about what Preacher said.

"Everyone needs friends," the words were said slowly, "but not family, Gloom thinks. Friends take care of each other not because they have to but because they want to. That's important."

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces