[PRP] Magical Sparring (Horace/Kaleb) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:31 pm
"********!" Horace started over. "I mean, are you sure you're alright? I didn't intent to shock so... electrifyingly." The bubble had popped, sort of, and he looked at his hands sheepishly.

"Maybe we both need a little work."

grey dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:07 pm
Kaleb nodded quickly. "It's okay, really! My fingers don't even feel tingly anymore," he insisted with a smile. "It's pretty neat that you can just do that whenever you want though, magic is pretty unbelievable. I thought I was going crazy the first time I saw stuff happening, it was a cat that could grow flowers."

It turns out Kaleb was a bit of a rambler when he was shaken up while in good company.

The Semblance of Unity

Grey Dragon

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:27 pm
"Magic is weird," Horace said, laughing a little. "I've never seen a cat or, really, any kind of animal." He pointed his finger at the ground and shot out a weak spark. Maybe one day, he'd Emperor Palpatine it.

"Have you?"

grey dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:10 pm
"The cat I saw was on the other side, but I did see something kinda like an animal the first time I was here. But that was back when it was always rainy, I haven't seen too many creepy things since then." Kaleb paused to think it over, had the unnerving shadows and other frightening things gone away in this new timeline, or were they just in hiding while it was light out?

"Horace, does it... make you tired, spending a lot of time practicing your sparks?" He asked hesitantly. Both of them might have been relatively new to learning magic, but Horace was definitely the more experienced, more confident one. Kaleb was still figuring out how everything worked.

The Semblance of Unity

Grey Dragon

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:40 am
"Rainy? Well, I think we need to go looking for ghosts or something then. There's gotta be things out here, just undiscovered!" Horace smiled widely.

He paused a moment, considering Kaleb's question. "I think... it makes me mentally tired, maybe? Like when you focus too hard for too long and then your focus is shot... but it doesn't make me feel tired tired, if that makes sense. Why do you ask?"

grey dragon
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:23 pm
"Just wondering, there's nothing wrong or anything," Kaleb said quickly. "Ever since this magic stuff started happening to me, it's been hard to separate physical tiredness from mental tiredness... Not sleeping well doesn't help."

He frowned. "Sleeping was a lot worse when it was rainy here. I was chased by shadows and stuff, even when I thought it was just a dream I couldn't sleep after coming here. Maybe we should leave those undiscovered things alone."

The Semblance of Unity

Grey Dragon

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:03 am
"Nah, undiscovered things are made for being discovered. You just have to be careful or prepared." Horace stretched, his shoulder popping loudly. "I didn't come here much in dreams, mostly just showing up here, like physically. But I still haven't seen many shadows."

He fell silent for a moment. "Maybe I'm not looking in the right places." Ghost hunt, ghost hunt!

grey dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:49 pm
"I saw a thing once," Kaleb admitted. "It was like a fox shadow thing, with big glowing eyes... And it started walking towards me, but it didn't really walk, it was like the legs just came out of it's body."

He didn't think he could ever forget that unnerving sight, and the memory still carried with it that unreal feeling that it really was just all a dream. Maybe that one really had been a dream, he hadn't exactly returned there to check it out a second time.

"I could show you where I saw it?" He added, and the words were out of his mouth before he realized what he was volunteering for. Maybe he was just too eager to please, it wasn't like he had any experience keeping friends or anything.

The Semblance of Unity

Grey Dragon

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:25 am
Horace looked at Kaleb, clearly interested in the spooky s**t. "I think... you should show me when I've got my ghost hunting kit." He grinned. "I want to be prepared. For now, though, I gotta get back - you want out, too, or more practice?"

grey dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:30 am
"You have a whole kit?" Kaleb asked incredulously. There was obviously more to seeking out creepy things than he had thought. Somehow the idea of preparation made him feel a bit better about the whole thing, if Horace was serious enough to have a kit he probably knew what he was doing.

"I'm okay with going back now too, maybe I should find some books on ghosts. To be prepared," he replied with a smile.

The Semblance of Unity

Grey Dragon

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas