Submit

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:08 pm
"I," Alexis said, a little unsteadily, and turned away once Preacher seemed to have made her way comfortably down the cable. "I wasn't worrying about you." Their lips were thin, and they pulled the fabric of their jacket back and forth between their fingers, keeping an active eye out to make sure nothing would sneak out up on them or Preacher.

Not that they thought the meow indicated where the cat was. But -- maybe. It might not be affected by the magic that permeated the air around them, got under your skin and made you jumpy and on the knife's edge; there was a chance it might approach them. They liked animals. Animals were nice.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:48 pm
"Aw, here I thought ya had a heart, 'Lexis." She dropped down into the elevator proper. "The cat ain't here - I'm try to get back up to you, 'kay?" To that end, she stabbed viciously at the buttons. The bloody pawprints worried her greatly and Preacher peered around for any other sign of the cat.

"Look, this comes up, you hop in, let's do this." She was far enough from Alexis that the 'danger' aura has lessened a bit. It was odd to think how easily she became used to the tingling, anxious feel. Kept her on her toes.

And, just in case the cat could do more than meow. "HEY CAT, WHERE ARE YA?"

daekie
ashdown whaler

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:24 pm
There were more bloody pawprints that were no longer visible as the elevator doors pulled shut (leading away into the basement area). The meowing, this time, sounded as if it was coming from within the elevator with Preacher yet there was nothing in there with her.

At least the elevator worked properly.

Daekie

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:51 pm
"I," Alexis called down, audibly disgusted, "am made of titanium steel and my body runs on pure rage alone, Maria. I don't need a heart except for grillin' purposes. Hurry up." Not that Preacher could actually speed the elevator along, but she was available to be needled.

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 pm
The footprint lead out, but the cat's meow.... It was so close. Damn, the ********' acoustics were weird in bullshit land. Jabbing her fingers at the buttons, she sent the elevator up to Alexis.

"C'mon, asswipe. N' stop callin' me Maria." She grabbed them by their shirt, yanking Alexis into the elevator. Then she jabbed the button for the basement. It was time to get down to business. "I saw some paw-prints goin' inta tha basement. Help me look." She tapped her foot, waiting for the doors to open. Ding. Time to go.

ashdown whaler
daekie
[/quote[

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:37 pm
Apparently it was a good choice to come down stairs. There were more pawprints that lead away from the elevator.

Unlike the rest of the place that was in a state of being built up, this hallway was perfectly done. It was almost too perfect and there seemed to be a haze in the air. Somewhere, down the hallway, a meow was heard.

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:39 am
Alexis yelped a little helplessly when Preacher grabbed them and pulled them into the elevator, some sharp noise they managed to swallow halfway through -- god, they wanted some sort of PEOPLE ARE NEAR spider sense. It would have come in handy, if only to avoid Preacher getting handsy with their shirt.

"Y'know I can't see in th'dark, right," they deadpanned, "n' it's yer name, so no." But the haze made them shiver, a bit, and their gills closed up reflexively to avoid inhaling any of it in case it was dangerous.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:21 am
"Dun be a baby, 'Lexi." She peered down the hallway. "This is ********' cool as s**t. What if it's like a secret lab for some kinda evil mad scientist?" Preacher sounded absolutely thrilled. Then she sobered a bit, because they were on a rescue mission. For the cat. The beautiful, brave, glorious cat.

She heard the meow, but her ears were playing tricks on her. "C'mon, let's follow the prints, 'kay?" Without waiting for an answer, she took off, eyes glued to the ground.

ashdown whaler

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:18 pm
The haze seemed to disappear once they were in the hallway, as if being in it simply meant it was either invisible or it was a trick of the poor lighting and dust in the hallway.

Eventually the paw prints disappeared, no longer visible, about half-way down the hallway.

A door, three down from them, creaked open yet the sound of a meow was back behind them once more.

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:28 am
Alexis huffed, yet again, and didn't end up giving Preacher any response. (They contemplated blowing a raspberry and ended up deciding not to, but they did shove their hands in their pockets, speculating a way to get back at her when the cat rescue mission was over.)

There was blood on their fingers; they'd kneeled down and picked it up while the elevator dropped, and now they focused on it with one eye, searching for the familiar ghosts of things that appeared when they could see has-beens. "One second."

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:07 pm
"But-" But there was a door, and what was Alexis doing. Preacher vibrated, staring ahead at the door. She did not wait well.

"What're ya doin' anyhow... don't lick it."

daekie
ashdown whaler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 pm
Perhaps it was fortunate that Alexis was with Preacher as they would be able to see the path where the wounded cat (?) had gone. It was not behind them and was, in fact, in front of them.

Leading right into the room whose door had creaked open.

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:02 pm
"I," Alexis said, low and even and half-distracted (their manner of accenting speech had dropped off, a little bit, leaving their voice clear -- they were trained, they were trained -- ), "am tracking, to make sure. Come on." They kept focus on the blood, on the cat-already-passed, stepping into the room and across the threshold quiet as they could be.

Ashdown Whaler
still using tracking power!

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:51 pm
"Yeah, we can't right trust tha meows - acoustics weird here or somethin'. I mean, ******** everythin' is magical=like here, so who the hell knows." Whereas Alexis was nice and quiet and super sneaky, Preacher was never really good at that. She entered the room and immediately began looking around.

"Kitty? Cat cat where are ya?"

ashdown whaler

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:54 pm
There was a great hiss (behind them) upon looking around the room, shadows everywhere and an eerie red light cast-upon everything.

Discarded equipment from ages gone by was strewn about, a trail of bloody paw prints leading underneath a broken table.

Daekie

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas