Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:59 pm
"I know," said Ezra. But of course he did. "I've always admired your perseverance."

cibarium

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:10 pm
Eve's smile turned familiar and asymmetrical in a way that suggested it might've been a mannerism she picked up from her wife. Scooting her chair in closer, she leaned across the table and reached up to land a hand on her son's shoulder. "Perseverance is where skill comes from," she said, her hand gently tracing upward to brush his face and pull back a stray bit of hair before landing back where it started. "And you've developed plenty."

shibrne

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:01 pm
Ezra froze, but didn't draw back. His weird eyes half-closed for a moment and he tipped his head towards her hand until it dropped back to his shoulder. "It feels different this time," he said. "Like it's out of my hands."

cibarium

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:13 pm
"I know," said Eve.

She kind of did.

Eve's hand stayed where it was, its thumb gently stroking the back of Ezra's neck just above the collar of his shirt while mindfully skirting the boundary of his remaining burn scars. "Having to... make something out of nothing, it's hard." This time, she had to take the steadying breath. "I want to be here for you though, Ezra. Leila-- your mom-- does too."

shibrgane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:09 pm
Ezra nodded, but didn't seem to know what else to say. She knew. He understood that.

He fiddled with his pen, bright eyes directed down at its shaft.

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:29 pm
"Do you want to come over for dinner this weekend?'

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:16 pm
"Yeah," he said. "Sure. What time?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:01 pm
The ease with which Ezra accepted the invitation didn't surprise Eve at this point -- it may have some weeks ago -- and in its place she was visibly uplifted. "We usually have a date night every other Friday," she answered. A small part of her was waiting for Ezra's I knew that as she paused for another sip of tea. "But Leila suggested we have you over instead this week. She's planning to be in her office late, so she can bring you along when she comes home if you'd like."

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:05 pm
"Sounds good," said Ezra. "After practice hours? I can't afford to miss them."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:14 pm
"I'll have to close the shop and make it look like I actually cooked something at home," said Eve. "So that works just fine."

She had to get back to work, but could extend these pleasantries indefinitely. Like her first conversations with Leila on the phone.

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:20 pm
Ezra smiled. "I'll let you get back to it. And me back to it. This is due tomorrow, and all."

cibarium
BOY LOVES STRUCTURE. HE LOVES IT

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas