Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Welcome Back! From The Old Guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poochi Ray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:28 pm
What do you mean by obvious? xD
And..yes, it was shut down because of lack of control from the mods. Someone took advantage of that opportunity to violate the Gaian TOS.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:31 pm
That's what I figured. With a topic like this, it can sometimes be hard to control everyone.  

Zahmira

Poochi Ray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:37 pm
Zahmira
That's what I figured. With a topic like this, it can sometimes be hard to control everyone.

Yep. But hopefully the same thing won't happen twice. We seem to have dedicated mods and I doubt our captain will be hacked. So that should help things.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:43 pm
I was in the old guild. I didn't post as much as I probably should have, but it seemed like everyone knew everyone else and I felt like I'd be annoying everyone if I posted. Oh well, I'm trying not to do that in this guild.  

Computer Illiterate

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:13 pm
I was part of the old guild. I was devestated when it shut, there were still so many pictures I hadn't looked at, so many threads I hadn't had the chance to fully enjoy. crying
I was amazingly happy when I found out the guild had been reborn. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:47 pm
Rio Ri
I was bumed when the old guild went bye-bye. I remember the over 800 pages of pure yaoi goodness in picture, manga, and doujinshi form. Them's were the happier days of the old guild.

crying

Yes, so depressing. All those scanlations too...  

iXquisite

iXquisite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:49 pm
Poochi Ray
Oh yeah. xD
I remember the Silver Chaos pictures. Those were so gorgeous!
I'm sure loveableneko has copies of all of the pictures from the old guild. It's just going to take awhile for her to upload them to the guild (and if she's in the mood to do it. xD).

I haven't seen her around, has she been posting?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:53 pm
I was a part of the last one. I didn't get to be very active last semester due to work and then I've had my internet cut off. But yesterday I was invited to this guild, so I'm happy.  

LadySapphire

Poochi Ray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:07 pm
Chaotic Crescent

I haven't seen her around, has she been posting?

She's been online.
But she hasn't been posting on the guild like she used to. x3
I'll have to get onto her. XD;

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm
I *might* have been...I'm not sure. ^^;  

Renee the Rabid Squirrel

Nimble Flatterer

10,900 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Super Tipsy 200

Moonstone Orion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:17 pm
My old account was, before I was hacked.
I very much enjoyed this Guild and continue too! ^.^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:11 pm
I miss the old guild. This is cool too but in the old guild I knew where my fave topics were now I have to search.  

klausolas

Jeering Capitalist

Poochi Ray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:16 pm
Moonstone Orion
My old account was, before I was hacked.
I very much enjoyed this Guild and continue too! ^.^

Moonstone, sweetie. <3
*huggles*

@ klausolas: I actually think it's a bit more organized. xD; But I'm not seeing duplicate/similar threads appearing. Ah..what a drag.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:13 am
Y did the old guild become unactervated....it was great crying  

passage_of_time

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:45 am
One or two users can't shut a guild down, really. The captain is suppose to recieve two warnings a week appart(I think) and if proper action isn't taken, they are shut down. (probably when yo u were hacked hon.)

They get shut down for -constant- and consistant breech of the TOS. I've had many people tell me 'what!!! we could post adult links in the old guild!' 'But I posted that in the old guild so it should be okay here! why are you not letting me?' 'It's only pg-16, as long as I warn int he link....' Among other things, people say int he old guild it was permitted to get smutting in an RP and just take it to PM's. (which of course, is totally -not) I get a lot of people not liking me just because I'm enforcing the rules of gaia. But ya know, we are on gaia so XD

Scanlations are copyrighted and therefor not allowed either on gaia even if no one make a big deal about it, it's the same thing as offering peope MP3 downloads. it seems harmless, but it's not. The same goes with anime downloads of any kind. -even- if they aren't licensced in america -yet-, they are still breeching the Gaia TOS. Plus scanlation groups put tons of work into their scanlations, and well, it's extreamly rude of us to take them from their website when they expressly say 'do not take these from our website'. Yeah, no one will notice or care, but they do, and therefore I do.

Personally there are issues with posting other artists work/fanart, but since they are not copyrighted materials,t hey have no legal say as to how we use them on the internet currently, so long as we do not claim them for our own. That's kinda shitty (not saying I don't post in the picture-post all the time with other ppls' art that I don't know whom they are) but that's a problem for the future.

Just because no one says anything, doesn't mean it's okay.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff