Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm
DarkElf27
Sean King
Hola! I have all the free time in the world, I just wish I didn't.
Haha, mildly jealous, not going to lie. I just moved and have three kids in the house, so time's at a bit of a premium here. Good to see ya!

I wouldn't be. I haven't worked since November of 2012. I'm still trying to become stable enough to get back to work.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:00 pm
Tiina Brown
DarkElf27
Tiina Brown
Hello, checking out the guild roughly once a day, posting here when I find interesting topics and lurking otherwise, especially checking out the Puppets War updates.
I have no special wishes on specific topics or other things at the moment, but as i'm still fond of cross-game and cross-grenre things, well, if peeps have ideas on crossing one game with another, I would clearly be interested, I assume.
cat_3nodding
I've started playing half-a-dozen other game systems in the last few years; are you just talking about crossing the fluff and universes, or actually house-ruling games incorporating parts from other games?

Universes and House--ruling both.
Although I often also work on my own rules for both rpgs and boardgames, but I never seem to be able to complete any rulesets on my own, even though they are clear in my head.

My latest attempt at a boaardgame(that has gotten somewhere) is something I've dubbed "Strife Zones: Militia Missions" about a mix of gang and military that deals with threats against society, like mad scientists and their experiments, and cults that summons demon-looking beings and other things.
....In case you wondered.
Have you ever checked out Malifaux? It's a skirmish game with 3-7 models per side or so, set in a steam punk other-world where governing powers are only in loose control and constantly faced with the supernatural. Lots of demons, mad scientists, gremlins, and the like. You might enjoy it! It has different objectives or "schemes" and the gameplay revolves around card flips instead of dice rolls, and "cheating fate" with cards from your hand is central.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 pm
Asmondai
( ^.^)7
Still here, lurking most of the times. sweatdrop
Always and ever present! xd Good to see ya.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 pm
word cool still alive started playing flames of war WW2 part of it  

DJNIGHTFOX

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:32 pm
DJNIGHTFOX
word cool still alive started playing flames of war WW2 part of it
Nice! I never really got into that scale, but I can definitely see the appeal of fighting over whole towns. Been playing a lot of Bolt Action Victory at Sea where WWII is concerned.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:13 am
I am here because I was promised things.

Suggestions?

Dunno, maybe rename the guild to encompass that it's more than just Games Workshop these days?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:15 am
DarkElf27
merydell
still checking in regularly to see if something is going on.
also found me a group that plays 40k so hopefully playing some kill team tomorrow. 3nodding
Finding a good group is the hardest part! I just moved back to the U.S. nera San Diego and I'm still looking for a good gaming group. I was spoiled by my last club, great bunch of folks.

Sven Bergfalk
Still alive and kicking, just not as active as I have been in the past. still love the hobby and enjoy a good chat about tactics and games. are there still RP's going on? I remember having some good ones here in the past and its been difficult to find them elsewhere.

RPs are notoriously hard to keep running around here. You're welcome to try and get one started up, they just have a tendency to die off after about a month. sweatdrop Without someone actively pushing the plot forward, they tend to get stale fast.

Helo Delta 12
I am still.. around.. kinda..

I feel ya! Good to see you around anyway. smile

i got steamrolled pretty much by grav weapons. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 am
DarkElf27

Have you ever checked out Malifaux? It's a skirmish game with 3-7 models per side or so, set in a steam punk other-world where governing powers are only in loose control and constantly faced with the supernatural. Lots of demons, mad scientists, gremlins, and the like. You might enjoy it! It has different objectives or "schemes" and the gameplay revolves around card flips instead of dice rolls, and "cheating fate" with cards from your hand is central.

Hm, I like the idea and the concept, I tend to be biased towards preferring dice, though.

* Reads the description on their site * .... Yup, I truly like the setting, but ... size is 32 mm ? ....ugh, another size i'm not sure how well it will work with other games and their minis if trying to use them for my own.
Although, a lot of those I've bought the latest years seem to be larger than the earlier 30 mm anyway, so they might work.
...I'm having problems ordering things online by the way, so I have to see if any of my non-local game shops has anything from them.  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm
I exist despite avoiding 40k for a few editions. Granted that new Kill Team set sucked me back in and Blood Bowl is tempting.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:23 pm
BrookM
I am here because I was promised things.

Suggestions?

Dunno, maybe rename the guild to encompass that it's more than just Games Workshop these days?
That's one of the things I was thinking about, wanted to get a gauge on who plays what and then perhaps re-label to be a more all-encompassing wargaming guild. There's not really an active cross-company tabletop games guild (possibly because there's a main site forum).  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:23 pm
STFU and Color
I exist despite avoiding 40k for a few editions. Granted that new Kill Team set sucked me back in and Blood Bowl is tempting.
I haven't bought 40k in a while but I have to admit, their new image is appealing. The all-inclusive box games have a lot more appeal than the last few years prior!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:30 pm
Tiina Brown

Hm, I like the idea and the concept, I tend to be biased towards preferring dice, though.

* Reads the description on their site * .... Yup, I truly like the setting, but ... size is 32 mm ? ....ugh, another size i'm not sure how well it will work with other games and their minis if trying to use them for my own.
Although, a lot of those I've bought the latest years seem to be larger than the earlier 30 mm anyway, so they might work.
...I'm having problems ordering things online by the way, so I have to see if any of my non-local game shops has anything from them.

The starter set features a mad scientist and his staff versus a demon with a shotgun and assorted minions, and you can use those models in all factions should you desire. The starter scenarios are brilliantly designed to get you playing while slowly introducing rules, didn't take more than an evening to get comfortable with. They're slightly larger than 40k scale (maybe 10% bigger?), but not too horribly out of sorts. The models are single-pose, but have a lot of personality.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:31 pm
Sean King
DarkElf27
Sean King
Hola! I have all the free time in the world, I just wish I didn't.
Haha, mildly jealous, not going to lie. I just moved and have three kids in the house, so time's at a bit of a premium here. Good to see ya!

I wouldn't be. I haven't worked since November of 2012. I'm still trying to become stable enough to get back to work.
Ouch, retracted! Hopefully this year looks a bit better!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:09 am
DarkElf27
The starter set features a mad scientist and his staff versus a demon with a shotgun and assorted minions, and you can use those models in all factions should you desire. The starter scenarios are brilliantly designed to get you playing while slowly introducing rules, didn't take more than an evening to get comfortable with. They're slightly larger than 40k scale (maybe 10% bigger?), but not too horribly out of sorts. The models are single-pose, but have a lot of personality.

I might see if I can find it in any of my current two non-local gaming shops.
(Non-local as in at least 1 hour travel time there, and another back, not counting waiting time for bus and for shifting to train.)

Character-like miniatures can be both helpful and a hindrance.
They look better, but do not feel as good if used in multiples for rank-and file and similar minions.

For the game I have been working on, I settled a while back on using tokens instead, like the Blip tokens from Space Hulk, but designed to fit my game instead.
This until I manage to get proper miniatures, either by buying readymade, or making my own.
(I have yet to see any pre-made anthro bunny in modern clothes and a kicking pose, for instance.)
cat_3nodding  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:57 pm
How about this bunny?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff