[PRP] Definitely Not a Tunnel of Love (Oliver & Horace) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:23 am
"Okay, high demon Oliver." He snorted and settled into the seat. "I haven't been on one either, but I always wanted to." Horace looked around, interested. For a guy who love romance novels, a tunnel of love thing was kind of right up his alley. The only thing better would be if he was actually on a real date instead of forcing someone to go with him.

Flower petals rained down on them; it was... kind of awesome, actually. "How do they even do this? And cheese is a part of romance - just you wait, Oliver." He nodded mock-wisely. Then he sobered a bit. "And yeah, I need to, uh, get over it. I'm just not sure how to start, you know?" Tentatively, he leaned over until his shoulder bumped Oliver's. There. That wasn't so bad.

melancholies

Melancholies rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:14 pm
Quote:
1 - a light drizzle falls from above (?!), the sound of thunder cracking drowning out conversation, and something moves among the area that you cannot quiet see.

17/20

"You some kinda hopeless romantic?" He couldn't say Horace necessarily looked or acted the part, but where was Ollie to judge? He jumped slightly at the shoulder bump, but not in a bad way. More like a "holy hell I didn't get shocked that's cool" sort of way.

"I feel like I've seen this sort of s**t in a movie before." He said as the boat came around the corner, his eyes squinting at the elephant. Suddenly the "skies" opened up the crack of thunder effectively scaring the living s**t out of him. He jumped with a pathetic shriek.

"The ******** kind of tunnel of love is this even supposed to be." He supposed he'd take it over the weird gushy crap though. His hat slid to the side from the outburst, lopsided, one of his ears peeking out.

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:47 pm
"Well, I was," he said defensively. Horace still loved romance and romantic things and romance novels (especially regency romance), but it all very much seemed in the realm of fantasy now. A look, but can't touch sort of thing. He glanced at the couple - why the hell was there an elephant?

Thunder cracked and he jumped, startled more by Oliver's shriek than anything else. "You okay? And I think the rain is supposed to ... I don't know, make people huddle together?" He peered closely at Oliver. "Your ear's out."

melancholies

Melancholies rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:41 pm
Quote:
2 - flower petals fall from above, showering you in a sweet smell that relaxes you (unless you’ve got an allergy and then it’s little bits of glitter).

15/20

Ollie eeped before fixing his hat, huffing slightly, "Fine, fine." He was still really put off by how real the feathers on the boat felt. Further more, it was raining petals again, except it didn't match the scenery at all. People were fighting?

"Is this supposed to be romantic?" He supposed there could be something to say about their camaraderie and their bond, but this wasn't the stereotypical gushy gross story that came to mind when he pictured the word romance. "This ride is really weird." A petal landed on his nose and he flicked it off.

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:53 pm
"Of course it's romantic! They're fighting together, protecting each other's backs. Relying on each other." He sighed, an odd wistful tone to the sound. Oliver had zero sense of romance. Zero.

He brushed a petal out of his hair absently. "You aren't into romance at all, are you? Like.... how do you even date?" The two people charged off to fight some distant beast and the boat lurched onward.

melancholies

Melancholies rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:57 pm
Quote:
4 - stepping forward from the scene (out of nowhere), the something that runs the ticket booth appears and hands over a romantic present (your choice of present to give to your partner or keep for yourself!)

11/20

Oliver looked at him quite seriously. "I don't."

Suddenly there was a present being deposited in his hands, which made Ollie jump again, but not quite as over the top as he had been with the thunder. It was red, wrapped in the shape of a heart, and he was completely baffled. "I don't want this." He said plainly, and then when the... couple on a unicorn came in... he looked entirely too perplexed. "I don't want that either. What the ********? You can't be into this s**t."

The present went unopened, awkwardly clamped in his hands. He wasn't sure how to let go of it.

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 pm
He looked at Oliver's lap. "Give it to someone, then." Like him. Horace liked shiny gifts and all gifts were automatically shiny. He glanced up and his gaze was immediately arrested by the unicorn.

"I'm into many, many things, Oliver," he said, his voice dripping with sexual innuendo. Then it abruptly lightened. "But not this. That frankly looks uncomfortable and ... I don't know it's that's anatomically possible, even." Horace blinked and then looked pointed away, at Oliver.

The boat glided forward so, so slowly. "You need to learn romance. How're you gonna woo anyone if you don't?"

melancholies

Melancholies rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:00 pm
Quote:
3 - something stalks the area you are in, glowing eyes watching you. you cannot see it, not clearly and it makes your eyes water, but you hear the growls and swear you hear it whisper a name, your name.

8/20

Was this thing over yet? He perked up when the ride moved past the awkward unicorn display. "Like who?" He totally didn't get it, "I don't even know what's in here. It's probably anthrax." He shook the box to try and gauge what was inside, but without much luck.

"Anyway, I don't need romance. I don't have time for that." He huffed. Entertaining crushes only got messy after a point; he'd learned that the hard way. "It only gets in the way." He seemed a little sulky for a second or two, but that all stopped when he heard something sinister. Oliver. He looked over his shoulder slowly, but there was nothing there.

God, he'd be glad whenever this thing was over. Not that hanging out with Horace wasn't fun, but this whole thing was just weird.

The Semblance of Unity
so charming

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:30 pm
Horace groaned. "Like me. Or find a cute girl or guy or whatever interests you." Even if they were anthrax chocolates, it would make a cute gift. Maybe Horace had odd priorities. "And you make time for romance because when it works, it's ******** great." There may have been stars in his eyes. While he was reasonably sure romance didn't exist for people like him, Oliver was a nice guy. There was romance in his future, Horace would bet on it.

"One day I'm going to show you the necessity of romance," he declared. Then he gave Oliver a funny look. "Huh - did you say my name, Oliver?" Horace hoped that Oliver wasn't suddenly speaking in demonic tones, but anything was possible with an alien.

melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:32 pm
    Ollie was getting increasingly more flustered, so he was thankful when Horace also commented on the creepy s**t that was happening, "N-No. I didn't." Which, he hadn't, but that still didn't explain why he heard his own name called too. "And I don't need romance! It's overrated." He huffed.

"Take 'em if you want them that bad." He actually opened them first though, just in case it was anthrax, but they looked like normal candies. Actually, they looked a little too poofy to be chocolates; marshmallow filling maybe? His nose twitched and his tail got swishy, but he resisted as he forked them over to Horace.

At least the ride seemed to be over. Suddenly they were back at the beginning, but the ride... was closed? He blinked rapidly. His phone buzzed in his pocket and he took it out.

"...what the hell." He barely used his instagram except for uploading cute cat pics (the occasional selfie, but they were usually outfit pictures that didn't include his head and looked decidedly more feminine). Except now there were pictures from the ride and it made no sense. This was worst than the haunted out adventure; at least he scored a free kitten from that fiasco.

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:40 pm
"Oh my god, if you're going to open them you have to eat at least one." The ride had ended kind of strangely and possibly magically, but hey, it was pretty fun. Horace pushed the box back at Oliver, but not before taking one and biting into it. It was indeed marshmallow and... something else, orange maybe. They weren't awful at least.

Horace's phone buzzed, too, and he cackled at the images. "Wait, you have instagram? Lemme follow you. And yeah, you do need romance. You'll like it one day." He snapped his fingers. "I'll teach you about romance."

melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 pm
    Oliver jumped, "Y-You don't have to." He hid his phone away shyly. Truth was his Instagram wasn't hooked up to any of his other social media accounts, and you wouldn't ever know it was his unless you knew his cats and happened to stumble across it. "I don't even know how these got here."

Stupid weird magic s**t.

He took one of the chocolate marshmallow things as a distraction, either having fully forgotten about the anthrax scare or openly embracing the possibility of an early grave to escape his shame. So startled and ready to get out of there, Oliver was actually agreeing, being complacent, "Whatever. I don't need romance but whatever, I don't care. Can we go now?"

He looked over, "You owe me a hot chocolate anyway, remember?"

The Semblance of Unity
ftb with dumb coffee date hangout?

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:42 pm
"Aw, lame," groused Horace, but he put his phone away. "It's magic, must be. And I'll hold you to that." He grinned and began a thousand, million plots to introduce romance into Oliver's life. Maybe he'd start with The Titanic. He hated that movie.

"Come on, we can even get sandwiches, too." On his dime, of course. Oliver was a starving artist college kid.

melancholies
yup!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas