Reply ashdown
[PRP] THE ULTIMATE HANGOUT (Shiloh & Kaleb) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:14 pm
"Oh, that's good," Kaleb said as he was handed the treats. "And the sweaters are pretty neat, I've never been that good at crafts or anything. Just reading... I guess I'm okay at drawing, but only diagrams and stuff, I'm not really very creative at all..." He eyed the step ladder for a second, like one might if they were afraid of heights. The chatter was hesitation, sure enough.

Finally he put one foot up, and then the other, feeling kind of bad to be making the sentient fish wait so long. "Do I give them one treat at a time? Or... do I put a bunch in? They won't get sick if there are too many treats, will they?"

More nervous hesitation.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:42 pm
    "Jamie gives them out one at a time, but he can also talk to them and make sure they wait their turn." He shrugged, "When it's up to me, I just dump in a handful. It won't kill 'em." This was probably why they were so overly exuberant that someone other than Jamie was feeding them.

"That's cool about drawing though." He started to shuffle around while Kaleb climbed the ladder, "I love drawing. Apparently I was doing digital commissions in this world, but I have no ********' idea how to use a tablet." He stared at the aforementioned tablet sitting on the table, coated in a thin sheen of dust. "Diagrams and s**t are still really useful in the real world. I'm terrible at that sort of thing."

He grabbed a sketchbook as he turned around to watch Kaleb. Surely he'd be alright, but the extra set of eyes might help set him at ease.

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:56 pm
"Oh, like art requests?" Kaleb asked, shaking some treats out of the bottle and into his other hand. "I've never used a tablet either, but I'm not much of a computer person to begin with. I'd just rather read books than browse the internet and stuff. And the diagrams have come in handy, especially for science projects."

He hesitated a little bit longer, and then hastily dropped the small handful of treats into the tank.

Melancholies
FISHSLPOSION

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:01 pm
    What the fish did to the treats was... inexplicable. They were upon the treats in a frenzy, but their actions could not be formulated into words, could not be justified in any language known to man. Perhaps Othercreatures had a word for this, but it escaped Shiloh as he was fixated against his will on the swirling mass of eldritch horror. It was total annihilation. He could hear murmurs.

...The fish, seemingly content now, went about their business as if nothing strange and outlandish had occured. One of them--one that looked like a rather ordinary telescope goldfish--even smashed against the glass closest to Kaleb in a freindly thank you.

"That one's Glubby." Shiloh said, "She's really nice."

Glubby's body shivered as a multitude of illuminated eyes opened over the span of her entire body. When they closed it looked like nothing had been there at all.

"But yeah, it's something like art requests? I can draw you something too if you want, but it'll have to be quick. We got movies to watch." Because that's what you did when you hung out right? Watched movies? "

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:57 pm
Kaleb tried to look for the mouth fish, to see if it did indeed eat with all it's mouths instead of just the normal fish mouth, but any sense of understanding was lost in whatever it was those fish did to those treats. He was so surprised and dumbfounded he almost stepped backwards off the step stool.

"That was... wow," he muttered, leaning in to peer at the normal-looking goldfish. He abruptly jerked back again as it blinked with what seemed to be every scale of it's body. "Wow." Kaleb repeated. He had a little smile on his face as he stepped off the stool, the sort of dazed smile one might have after a scary roller coaster, or a similar feat of courage.

"I wouldn't want to take up any time if you had stuff planned," Kaleb replied, wondering what sort of movie Shiloh wanted to watch. It had been a long time since the reclusive teen had seen a movie, since it had been awhile since he had a TV, and even longer since he had a friend to watch one with.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:46 pm
    "Right?" He leaned forward as Kaleb safely descended the ladder, "Right?" He was bouncing a little, "They're so cool. But not as cool as—ah, ********." He looked around, "Junior you little hussy." Suddenly Shiloh had dropped down to the floor, crawling around on all fours, "I know you ambled under the damn bed again!"

He was flailing his hand under there, but turned his attention back to Kaleb. "Nah, I don't really have anything planned, I'm just throwing ideas out there." His hand emerged with one turtle in tow. Junior seemed sad to be captured, but enlightened by the attention from Shiloh. It might mean lettuce or other fancy greens. "I mean, a hang out is a hang out. We don't even have to do anything." He set Junior down again (off she went in a separate direction) and scooped his sketchbook back up again. "A lot of times when I'm hanging out with Oliver I'll just draw and he'll read and we'll listen to music. That stuff's nice too—oh uh, Oliver's my brother, dunno if I ever mentioned. I think you guys would get along." He laughed a little, genuinely having a good time.

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:40 pm
"I'm okay with a movie," Kaleb replied, although to be honest, the idea of reading was more appealing than anything else. Since Shiloh had seen him fast asleep with a book over his face, he was pretty sure the other knew exactly what kind of nerd he was... But Kaleb was still a bit reluctant to voice those preferences when hanging out with a friend was such a new experience.

"I didn't know you had a brother, is he older or younger?" Kaleb asked, and then blinked. "Is it... okay if she wanders off again?" He asked, watching Junior make an escape once more. There was something rather heart-warming about the way Shiloh interacted with that turtle, perhaps it was because Shiloh didn't attempt to hide how much he loved it.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:19 pm
    "Oh, cool. That works." He smiled, "You can pick it then, 'cause I dunno any good movies. Usually I just let Jamie pick 'cause he's way into that, but we have Netflix so the world is ours." He made a grand motion.

"Anyway, Oliver's my twin actually, but he's younger." He was very adamant about this fact, "I'm the older one, but he never treats me like an older brother." He huffed. "Anyway, Junior's fine, I can find her always. Sometimes she just appears downstairs and I have no idea how." He scooped the turtle up again, "She's just really smart." There he went, flopping over onto the floor with his feet in the air.

"Oh, we can run to the corner store too if you want. We got lots of snacks here but we can always get loads more." He rolled over onto his back with the turtle set atop his chest. She seemed vaguely perplexed by this change of scenery and sat there still as a statue.

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:07 pm
"I don't know any good movies though, you'd better pick," Kaleb insisted, waving his hands to ward away the decision. "I don't even have a TV."

He settled in on the floor near Shiloh and the turtle, tucking his legs up to his chest and hugging them. "Oh, a twin sounds pretty neat. I don't have any siblings, it was just me, so my parents really wanted me to succeed in stuff..." It was a bit of a sore topic. Kaleb loved his parents, and they always treated him well, but the pressure had just been too much.

"I'm glad Junior is easy to find. Do you think that's magic?" He asked with a smile, watching Shiloh roll around with the turtle.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:53 am
    Shiloh groaned, "Okay. Okay. Well, I guess we're just going pick blindly. I just said I didn't know any good ones either!" He looked down to Junior, "It... I never thought about it? Maybe. Oh my gosh Junior are you magical." He held the turtle up to his face. She sort of accepted her fate and stared in that ordinary way that turtles do.

He did this for a while. "Having a brother was nice. We helped each other through a lot of stuff." He paused, "My dad didn't really care if I succeeded or not though. He gave up on me a while ago." Somehow, his voice wasn't all that somber when he said it. It was chipper like he was still trying to get over it.

"Uh, sorry." He sat up. "It's not like any of that matters anymore though."

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:45 pm
Kaleb shook his head quickly. "No it's okay, really. We don't exactly get to pick our past, and even if it doesn't matter anymore, it's hard to keep it from sticking..." He trailed off, his cheeks turning a slight pink with self-conscious embarrassment. He had no experience consoling friends in any situation, or any idea if he was able to convey his own feelings on the matter.

"But I'm glad you have a great turtle. Because it's important to define your own success." Kaleb added lamely, looking down at his feet. It was a strange phrase for him, since he had been living under someone else's unattainable idea of 'success' for many years now, and had almost given up on finding the answer to that concept inside himself.

"Let's not watch a scary movie," he finally blurted out.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:31 pm
    Shiloh smiled in an apologetic, but thankful sort of way. It was crooked or wide; just small and genuine and placated. Kaleb was a pretty good guy all things considered. "Junior is pretty great." He looked down at her, not as quick to mention his 'own success', whatever that was. Shiloh was outwardly confident, but his actual self esteem was a sore spot. Actually, those that knew him would know that his confidence was only reckless impulse.

"We don't gotta watch anything scary." He didn't mind them personally, but every time him and Jamie watched anything even slightly suspenseful he spent the rest of the night with his arm asleep because Jamie insisted on clinging to him until they woke up. "You like Pixar? When Jamie and I dunno what to watch, we usually default to Nemo."

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:52 pm
"Like the animated movies?" Kaleb asked. He was familiar with some of them, but without a desire to watch them on his own, or a friend to instigate the movie-watching process, it was mostly the older ones from when he was a kid that he actually remembered. He wasn't sure he had ever seen Finding Nemo.

His cheeks were still a little pink. "If you like it, we should watch that." Perhaps it was Kaleb's way of learning about his new friend, a quiet observation of what Shiloh liked rather than active conversation on the topic. The blue icee had been pretty good, after all.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:32 pm
    "Yeah! Totally like those." He was grinning still, "I mean, we've got access to a lot of stuff on Netflix, but as far as stuff we own hard copies of... it's either Disney or sappy stuff." God did Jamie love the chick-flicks. "I'm not really into the sappy stuff. I don't like s**t that makes me cry." Wait, what?

"Anyway, the DVD's are all downstairs, but we can totally still watch them up here." He set Junior of to the side, but after a moment went about slipping her cozy off so he could dunk her back into the tank. "Only for a second!" He promised her.

"I'll go fish it out." He said as he stood up. "I'll grab some snacks too."

Grey Dragon
I know you mentioned wanting another rp w/ them so did you wanna FTB with the ~movie~ and get the OAD magic one started up? :3c

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:04 pm
It was no wonder Kaleb was beginning to put his trust in Shiloh as a friend. Even an accidental mention of crying at a movie suggested Shiloh wouldn't give him a hard time over his own sensitivities and weaknesses. Maybe moving all the way out here from the city had been a good thing after all, magical nonsense aside.

"No pun intended?" He asked with a nervous smile. "I'll come too, and help carry stuff."

Melancholies
Sounds good! ^o^

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas