[PRP] habits (oliver & nasir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:07 am
    "...I guess that makes sense." He looked down at the pocket again as Trouble vanished. "But it still seems sort of wild carting around a little tiny sleeping thing. Did you always own him as a pet, or was he wild?" He tilted his head.

"So long as he doesn't fly off... I don't want to chase him around the store." He went back to shuffling around the shelves. "...I might have to check in the back for blanks. I'm not really seeing any up here." He pursed his lips.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:19 pm
"Wild but he's taken over the house and plays with Bud," Nasir said sheepishly. "I've had to read up on what kind of foods he needs to eat, what his diet is, because it seems like whatever group he was part of isn't around? I haven't seen any other flying squirrels around like him."

Then, in a quieter tone. "The bond is still new? I don't want him to get hurt while we're both still adjusting to it. Besides, once the weather warms up I'm sure he's going to want to be back outside anyway ..."

The young man perked up at the mention of checking in the back. "Anything you have that might be posable? Though I guess if you have any Monster High dolls that might work too ... Funko pop vinyls aren't what he's wanting to work with right now but they can work in a pinch."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:29 pm
    "That's so bizarre..." Oliver wasn't sure if he'd adopt a wild animal out of the blue like that, but he supposed he also didn't understand the weird magic warg bond thing either. "I guess so long as he's well behaved... It's nice that you're doing research at least." Oliver was stickler for proper pet care. His cats were pampered, but in that healthy "most of his paychecks went to them" sort of way.

"I'll have to see, give me a second." He held up a finger as he descended into the back. After a few moments he emerged with a few blanks of different brands, some dusty like they haven't seen the light of day in ages.

"It's weird." His nose scrunched up from the dust and it made him wince from the bruise, "But things have been vanishing around here lately. Or like, getting misplaced. Cid never seems to question it though." He set the blanks down on the shelf so Nasir could peruse them at his leisure.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:45 pm
"Yeah, I don't want to do anything that's going to be harmful. Proper food, diet, make sure he gets everything he needs ..." Nasir's fingers rested against his pocket once more. "I don't really know if we're meant to treat them like pets, you know? I do know that if anything bad happens to him, though ..."

He nodded at Oliver, watching him disappear and picking through a couple different anime keychains and some hair clips (because he had a problem). "Oh, those would work ..." Nasir took one of the ones that looked a little oddly shaped into his hand and looked it over. He glanced up from looking over the figure to Oliver.

"That sounds like Bud," he replied. "... or ... sounds like what we've dealt with once we realized we had a pet ferret. Things vanish or get moved around or other weird s**t. All by one small ferret."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:16 pm
    Oliver blinked as he watched Nasir appraise the figures. "I mean, I don't know much about wargs, but you share the same headspace don't you?" His brow furrowed, "It sounds dangerous, or sounds like it could be. Y'know, if someone took advantage of that." He had a feeling that a familiar's death could rattle someone pretty bad, but it was also more of a Shiloh question. He was more versed in magic s**t, if not slightly cagey about some of it.

"I hope to god we don't have a wild ferret wandering around in here or some s**t." His nose screwed up, "Or rats, ugh." Pet rats were cute, but wild ones gave him chills. Gross a** ******** things. Still, he was at least pleased that Nasir was taking pet care seriously, given that Oliver took utmost caution with his own animals.

"I can ring you up whenever you're done too." The cash register had been something he figured out relatively easy, even if the inventory system was a little tricky.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:13 pm
"There was- Well, I think she's alright now because of ... what happened," the world was different, not the one they had been in before, "but there was a woman who had something very bad happen to her familiar ..." Nasir let out a breath. "It wasn't good, what happened to her, so it can be pretty dangerous and it's better to be safe."

Three figurine blanks were pulled out, the rest neatly put back on the shelf. "These should work with what Wil's wanting to do, I think. Also, you would probably find like ... things gnawed on if it was rats?" Never mind, you know, droppings. "Probably tell Cid to make sure that all the vents that lead into the shop are still in place."

Bringing the figurines with him, Nasir set them on the counter to get checked out.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:00 pm
    Oliver nodded. "Blackfriars." He had heard about it from Shiloh and Jamie in vague snippets, but he knew enough of the story to piece it together. "I wasn't there, but my brother came home with a massive gash. Started getting cagey after that." He sighed, apparently salty about that fact, but also mostly over it. Sort of. He'd been a lot more open now that Ollie was magical himself, but it still didn't sit right with him.

"Anyway." He followed him over to the checkout and quickly rung up his things. "I'll try bringing it up to him again." He didn't elaborate on why he'd have to do it multiple times, "But we'll see. It's probably nothing... it's just weird." Oliver sighed before ringing up Nasir's total.

"Need help with anything else today?" He didn't even try to fake a peppy customer service voice.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:15 pm
"I was there too," Nasir said quietly, his hand coming up to rub at his shoulder before he raised the sleeve of his shirt up. There were four distinctive slashes across it, and a place where it looked like it had been punctured but he lowered it a moment later. "It didn't happen here, thankfully, and things were really quiet at the job fair instead."

Which meant that there weren't pictures of Nasir particularly hairier than he actually was while he was being poked and prodded, while bleeding, by the CDC. It was not a moment he had enjoyed, considering the large amount of guns that had been pointed his direction.

"Maybe he knows what's doing it then?" he inquired before shaking his head with a smile. Ollie did say again. "No, that was it. Wil will be thrilled with these. A couple of them I don't think he's done before and he likes putting up installations with this kind of stuff around town." He paused for a moment before he remembered. "Oh, wait ... I put an order in for some manga, I think. Did it come in yet?"

Melancholies
lol, your choice if they're or not.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:52 pm
    Oliver winced at the sight. "That's rough." He said, though the tone of his voice was.. indifferent despite the words. Oliver had a tough time actually caring about people past the surface-deep layer of skin, but the scars did look pretty gnarly. "I guess it's a good thing it was only limited to the old timeline."

"S'Cool that your boyfriend is into the artsy stuff." He could at least find common ground in that. "And lemme check..." He fumbled through the inventory apps on his store tablet, clicking his tongue disdainfully. "Sorry, I still don't have the full hang of this..." another moment or so and he shook his head. "It doesn't look like it, but they should be here by... tomorrow, actually."

He set the tablet down and placed the figures into a bag before handing them over the counter.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:59 pm
Nasir was actually more alright with indifference than concern. Concern meant feels and he would not want to deal with those. Sometimes, the bad things that had happened because of magic, were things best not thought about.

"Yeah, he's working on his master's now. I graduated last year - mathematics - but I'm going to look at culinary courses and work while he just ... kept going." The smile on his face, however, implied that he was happy that Wil did.

"That's fine, I'll just come by tomorrow before closing to snag them. Thanks, though! For finding the figurines. If they end up looking sweet, I'll text you some pictures of them," he said before taking the bag from Oliver.

Melancholies
wrap on my next post, i think?

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:16 am
    Oliver tilted his head. With the work load he had in school, there was absolutely no way in hell that he'd wanna keep going and going and going. Talk about an early death; but to each their own he supposed.

"I'll be here." He said as he offered a tiny wave. "Thanks for not drawing too much attention to my face." He said this as the victory fanfare played again, another regular who flocked to one of the far shelves determinedly.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:31 pm
"You're probably getting enough about it. If you're alright, that's all I need to know," Nasir replied, waving at Oliver with a smile before he paused to head out the door.

"I'll catch you tomorrow for that manga!" ... and then he was leaving before his flying squirrel did get wild ideas about climbing places or jumping around.

Melancholies
a wrap!

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items