azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:04 pm
Jeremiah could hear the capitals in that and shook his head. "No sorry or sir needed, alright? Everything that I know tells me things should be easier after your first full moon."

His gaze had followed Ollie's to the sky and then back down at his posture. It tugged at his heart, a small frown appearing before it eased away into what was supposed to be a reassuring look. "You've got a way over, don't you?" Since he was brother to Shiloh, that had to mean that Beel could get him over as necessary. "Or you going to head over with the pack?"

A beat passed before he added, "... and, in most cases, no one is really ready for anything that gets tossed at us because of this magic." So don't feel alone.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:47 pm
    "I've heard that from multiple people." About it getting easier, anyway. He trusted Jamie and Eve though. "And yeah, I do. Shiloh can help me out."

He paused for a second, "Actually, I'm kind of good at finding my way over." He looked to his hands, "I dunno how to explain it. I'll probably go with someone for the first time, though. It's a little nerve wracking." He sighed, "I dunno what I'm even supposed to morph into."

Ollie shrugged, "I'll probably be okay though. I mean, Jamie went through it and Shiloh went through being a Noble, so I can handle this." He didn't sound super convinced, but he still managed to stand up straighter. Thing about Beaumonts; they were fighters.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:40 pm
"It's good if you are able to find a way over without help," Jeremiah replied, "and probably for the best to go with someone else. Especially since being good at finding a way over does not necessarily equate to being able to find a way back."

He remembered when Jamie and the others went through their first transformation, the absolute havok that had followed that they had not caused but they had been tasked with cleaning up all the same. Blackfriars, in a nutshell, had been a ******** though he would never admit that out loud.

"Considering how quick you seemed to snap from this," the behavior, or at least getting a handle on controlling it, "then I'm absolutely certain that you'll be fine." Besides, like he said, Jamie went through it and Shiloh went through being a Noble ...

His shoulders rolled as he turned his head and glanced back down towards where they came from. Jeremiah's lips twitched as he spoke again. "Have you, by any chance, given raccoon consideration?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:44 pm
    Oliver blinked slowly, and then proceeded to get very indignant. "A raccoon?" He said incredulously, "Why, 'cause I'm eaten' out of the garbage? A lot of animals do that you know!" He huffed, absolutely not wanting to nor considering the possibility of being a trashy animal like that. "And it's not like I was... was doing that because it was trash. I just wanted to like... dig around in stuff."

He crossed his arms with a huff. At least he didn't sound so weak and wobbly and unsure anymore.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:13 pm
Jeremiah arched an eyebrow. "Actually, it was the mannerisms and the actions made." Mostly because when he had been far, far younger and a beat cop there had been too many disturbance calls in the area that were because of raccoons.

"I assume the mostly pristine chicken nuggets were not the allure of digging around in the trashcan." There was another shake of his head. "Not that it matters ... Do you need a lift home? Or were you heading somewhere and got waylaid?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:34 pm
    "Look I said I was digging in the trash just to dig." He was getting riled up now, mostly still insulted at being compared to a trash vermin, but also because it was less than a week until the full moon and he was not feeling it. Maybe he was waxing somber nonsense before, but now he was just bristling (as well as a still-mostly-human could).

"I-I can walk myself home." He was pulling his jacket around him tighter and tighter like he was trying to hide himself up in it. "But... thanks." Except he was still being petulant and the thanks was a bone dry formality.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:49 pm
His eyes glowed in the darkness of the area, Jeremiah pulling his phone out making them look brighter briefly. He glanced back up to Oliver, thinking perhaps to say something else but then letting it go.

Instinct was instinct and this close to the full moon there was little to be said or done.

It simply was.

In the end, if Jeremiah was bothered or put off by Ollie's behavior or the bristling, it did not show. His face was, if anything, mostly impassive and his lips a thin line at best. "Then I need you to vacate so that I can handle this and make sure they're all aware it was nothing."

As a call had still been made and he still needed to go put a spin on it that left Ollie without having to deal with any repercussions.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:59 pm
    They were silent and it felt like a standoff. He shuffled his foot against the ground, breaking eye contact when he realized in the back of his head that he was kind of bitching at the Chief of Police. He inhaled, exhaled, inhaled again, exhaled again, squeezed his eyes shut.

Jeremiah's dismissal was a blessing in disguise. His head snapped up—their eyes met—and he looked down again while his posture relaxed.

"Alright." He inhaled again, counted the seconds, breathed out. "Alright. I will. I'm going."

And he did just that; turning on a dime, hurrying down the alleyway with a quick glance over his shoulder to make sure Jeremiah wasn't following. He turned the corner and vanished into the thick of the night.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out