[PRP] gone from sight (shun & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:38 pm
"I believe so... I did not get too close of a look. But it seemed to move a bit after Jack attempted to get her away. It could have just... moved on its own too I suppose."

It was a massive creature, after all.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 pm
"Very possibly." Jeremiah wrote in a few more notes after that, his pen clipped onto the notebook and it was closed.

"You'll be on medical leave until the doctors clear you, I can already tell you that. There will likely be tests as well later on." Because he had lost an eye, they would want to verify that he was still capable. "There's also going to likely be more thorough interviews later but we can discuss that at another point."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:34 pm
Shun sighed, nodding at this, "Yes... I figure as much."

There were things he was going to need to retrain, essentially. The main things that came to mind as far as what was probably most affected by his loss were driving and aiming. It would probably be quite awhile before he could be cleared for those things... if ever. He was not happy with this thought in the least. This impacted his job in a considerably negative manner.

"I will... manage. One way or another, I suppose."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:39 pm
"If," he said slowly, "there had not been witnesses, I would suggest that ..." Jeremiah let out a breath. "No, it's better not. There are too many what if scenarios and without a perfect understanding of what you're doing it would likely go poorly."

Trying to use magic to fix his eye was what Jeremiah was talking about. He knew the repercussions of what this could do to Shun, how much it could impact his career.

Shun was, in all honesty, experiencing a situation that Jeremiah himself was worried about. Injury from what they were apart of potentially ending his career.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:34 am
Shun wasn't sure what he'd do if this ended his career. It was an outcome that he really didn't want.

He did tilt his head at Jeremiah, as he tried to figure out what it was he was about to suggest. Probably something to do with magic. That had a lot of potential for ******** things up even more.

"Pretty certain at least one person saw that happen to me anyway. Not to mention the hospital staff that tended to me here."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:04 pm
"More than that, given what I've heard." Jeremiah sighed. "... and the the department isn't pleased about one of our own being injured because of a magic related incident."

He looked over to Shun, head inclined slightly. "Of course, I'll do whatever I can to assist in things being smoothed out but I know that I'll not be able to do so as easily as I could." Not since magic was a known quantity, though he mostly meant in aiding Shun in whatever would have to be done with the loss of his eye.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:44 pm
"Of course it is not..." Shun sighed. He brought a hand up to his left eye and shifted the bandages that were in place.

"This... will require adjustment. Once I am out of here, I am going to need to train in all sorts of aspects. When we train on the other side... I want you to exploit my increased blindspot as much as possible."

He needed to learn how to deal with that.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:48 pm
Jeremiah nodded curtly. While it was not something he would have done months ago, it was something he mostly definitely would do now and morse with Shun's request. "I can do that," he replied, "as I'm sure it'll help with adapting. Anything at this point that will speed that up will be beneficial, I'm sure."

A cold hand smoothed across his face, the older man blinking as he saw the icy scales peaking out of his sleeve and shaking his head at them. Something he would deal with later. "We could probably also set up a shooting range over there, without worry."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:59 pm
That was certainly something he was going to need to work on.

"Probably. I do plan on making use of the range the department uses as well. But additional practice beyond that would be good as well."

For a split second, there was an odd shift in his vision as he shifted the bandage again. He wasn't exactly certain how to describe it. Whatever it had been, it came and went quickly.

"Driving will be another matter entirely... I am going to need to figure out how to get to work until I can learn how to safely be behind the wheel again."

Not to mention his bike...

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:07 pm
"Between the two of them, you should be able to adapt and adjust accordingly," Jeremiah said in agreement, shoulders rolling and leaning back in the chair. It was, surprisingly, one of those comfortable hospital chairs.

"It won't be an issue to get you to work, if you want to ride in with me." As he said, until he could safely be behind the wheel once more. If he had noticed anything odd about Shun adjusting his bandages or a pause in his movements, it went uncommented on.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:25 pm
"Are you certain about that? You do enough for me as is," he quietly asked.

And then it happened again. He still wasn't really sure how he could describe it, though. There was something like a brief flicker of some sort of outline. He shouldn't be able to see anything out of his left eye, as it literally was not there anymore.

Maybe his mind was playing tricks on him. Something akin to phantom pains... only with vision instead.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:29 pm
"I wouldn't offer if I wasn't. Your apartment is on the way anyway, so it's not taking me anywhere I don't pass already." There was something about Jeremiah's posture that was both firm in what he said but also very much who he was. The man who had learned that when he offered his assistance, he had to be ready to look out for everything.

This time, at least, he seemed to catch Shun's expression pinching a little. "Are you alright?"

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:47 pm
After a sigh, he nodded, "In that case... thank you. It may take me some time before I can start driving on my own again."

But he was going to try and adjust as quickly as he could to hopefully not burden Jeramiah longer than needed as far as being driven to and from work went.

"Yes... I think so. I think I am seeing things... Might just be from the whole ordeal."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:42 pm
"Well, there is an other taxi over over there ... Perhaps we could do something ..." It was a thought, at least, but for now Jeremiah's focus was Shun seeing things.

"You- Like terrible visions? Every time I struck I was bombarded with one." Was that what Shun was seeing?

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:32 am
Shun shook his head at that, "No. Not like that. It..."

He furrowed his brow lightly while he considered how to put it.

"Just some odd outlines in my vision. It is not easy to describe."

Azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas