Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] where it all goes (shiloh & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:19 pm
another meeting

"I haven't seen him since-" Jeremiah tilted his head back, eyes to the sky and then back to Shiloh. "Not since before the rift but I've a few thoughts as to why." He was shaking his head a moment later, trying to ease the feeling that was creeping up on him. Aggravation that-

Not the time or the place when what was done, was done.

"When I was-" His fingers twitched out, trying to not rub at the scar on his thigh. "When I was still part of Ezra's household, it's a lot of what I did. Handle correspondences, see to matters that needed to be tended to ... There are otherbeings and creatures that make use of the Court to handle disputes or to help when they can't do things for themselves."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:25 pm
hellion

Hellbine settled into Shiloh's lap, nuzzling into his stomach and then laying himself there as if it was clearly the place he was meant to be. This was his new home, Jeremiah, deal with it.

"Those are ... something else," Jeremiah admitted, leaning to look at them and then flipping through a couple of pictures. "Very Lovecraftian, very freaky, but definitely something to be proud of. Hellbine's sister is also around, Violetta ... I admit that I don't see more othercats around beyond them lately."

Not since the world was reborn. Jeremiah was finally grabbing his own drink, pausing as Shiloh trailed off. "Found out what?" There was a flicker of worry across his face.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:38 pm
    bakeding

"Really? Those sound amazing..." And tricky too. Imagine the look on Jamie's face whenever he'd bite into the brownie, but then—!

He snorted to himself, scratching Hellbine with whatever limited movement he had. "I might have to let you down for a lil' bit, bud." He spoke softly to the cat as if he might hurt his feelings. "But I mean," He was speaking to Jeremiah again, "Whatever works. It's the thought that counts right?" He was being incredibly blunt.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:42 pm
    another meeting

"Really?" He blinked a few times, processing this, "During my trials it was a lot of... well, obedience training I guess. There wasn't much of that sort of stuff." At least that he could remember. A lot of his memories were fuzzy at best. "I mean, I sort've knew that Otherbeings used the Court like that, but we were real busy with other stuff." He nodded decisively, finding it easy to talk about this stuff with someone who at least knew where he was coming from. "We didn't even know we were going to become Nobility at the end or what we were really there for."

"So you're still gonna look into it and s**t, right?" He looked over at him.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:47 pm
    hellion

Shiloh adored this cat, that much he did know. His hands were surprisingly gentle as he stroked the soft fur. It sort of reminded him of Jamie when he was busy lopping around as a rabbit—but he was still probably softer. Except he was also his boyfriend... so this was a nice experience, petting an actual animal.

"It's just, um—" He paused as he gently played with Hellbine's ear, "—I went back to Court a second time to talk to Beel. He said he hadn't noticed Ezra or uh," cough, "Melany around."

He looked back down to his phone, flicking over to "Your Fave"

"I had a few odd contacts in my phone, and this one kept spamming me yeah? I think they were really close with the other me, so I... I played along? We met up." He set the phone down with the thread still open, though the conversation was rather mundane.

"I mean, it was her." He looked up at Jeremiah. "It was Melany, but she was different. Like... human." He sighed. "I went to her exhibitions, we studied together a lot. We seemed to be like... like best friends."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:34 pm
bakeding

"They're particularly nice if you like the consistency of brownies but aren't fond of chocolate." His fingers tapped the counter, thinking about recipes. "I think I've got something that is a mix of both, actually ... brownie and snickerdoodle ..." As in there were chocolate brownies and snickerdoodle blondies to be had.

Hellbine gave a mew in understanding (because he did understand) and stretched for the scratches but was ready to move as necessary. He so knew that if he was good he would get snacks.

"It's absolutely the thought that counts," he laughed a little, "but it's an excellent perk if he likes what you make. Think I made something like this when I was a teenager for Algie-" Then Jeremiah was blinking, a quiet snort escaping because he did remember just what he had made for his husband.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:41 pm
another meeting

"I didn't either." Talking about this was surprisingly easier with Shiloh than it was with Algie (at least in some ways). "Know that I was to become nobility, that I was going to step away from the cycles. Mostly it was ... Discipline, capability, not letting me get comfortable with what was expected of me."

His shoulders roll and he snorts softly. "I have spent most of my life avoiding the kind of responsibility I have not. Not just within the Court but also as Chief of Police." Glowing eyes cut towards Shiloh, a wry smirk on his lips. "So, yes, I am going to look into it and more than that. I want to see the Court changed but also look after things better than those that have come before. Not that the punk arse teenager I was doesn't get rankled about that every now and then ..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:57 pm
hellion

His head tilted at the fact that Ezra and Melany not being around. "Fell hasn't mentioned that but she's usually busy with Adze ..." Jeremiah's expression thinned as Shiloh continued on, leaning to look at his phone and Your Fave as well as the exchange.

What this was- What it meant-

Jeremiah let out a near ragged breath.

"Did she- I assume she has no memory? Of the Court? Of who she was?" Not even thinking about it, Jeremiah reached out and briefly squeezed Shiloh's shoulder while Hellbine was very much focused on nuzzling into the hands that were petting him.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 pm
    bakeding

"Aw gramps, ain't you a sweetheart." He laughed as he knealt down to set Hellbine on the floor, "So you think if I make some really awesome brownies we'll go get hitched too? 'Cause I dunno if I'm ready for that." Realistically—and sure, Shiloh was still young—he didn't ever foresee himself getting married, but it was still fun to joke about. Stick it to the man, ******** the police, he just saw it as an unnecessary thing that complicated things.

"Don't worry," He whispered to Hellbine (though he was sure Jeremiah could probably hear), "I'll sneak you some."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:37 pm
    another meeting

Shiloh snorted, "Yeah, we didn't know much about the cycles either. We didn't know anything—just whoops, you're here now." He sulked for a second, "It ain't fair, but I don't wanna sit around and b***h about it either."

He stood up on his tip toes and rocked back onto his heels. He repeated this motion a few times. "I wanna help." He smiled something smarmy and foolhardy, "'Cept I still am a punk a** teenager and I still got another year left of it. Gonna try the responsibility thing out though."

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:42 pm
    hellion

The touch would have made a younger Shiloh tense—and he still did, sort of—but he relaxed too. Hellbine was a constant comfort and Jeremiah was someone he trusted.

"She's just..." He shrugged, "She's just Melany. Melany Dubhslaine."

Worrying his lip a little, he went on, "I kind of freaked out really bad, but she didn't mention Court. She's so much shorter? She's..." He sighed, "Still magic though, maybe. I spilled some coffee on my hand and when my flowers came out she like—she touched my hand and stopped it? I felt it, like she was blocking the magic temporarily." He rubbed his hand at the mention.

"But after that I saw this really freakish—like, like how she used to look but all eldritch-y and ******** up—but then it was gone? I mentioned it and she just looked confused. And genuinely apologetic. Asked if I hit my head or needed a therapist."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:29 pm
bakeding

Jeremiah snorted. "... your choice but considering- well, not so much this reality but back where we came from Algie and I were a bit thick and didn't get together until last year." His lips were twitched upwards into an amused smirk.

Hellbine was absolutely thrilled with getting something sneaked to him, his tail flicking in happiness. Jeremiah absolutely heard but didn't care. At least not so long as Shiloh was mindful of what he gave the small white cat.

"Besides, I don't know if you'd want to give Jamie the same kind of brownies I gave Alg." His lips twitched in amusement. "They were rather special."  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:39 pm
another meeting

"Nothing wrong with responsibility," Jeremiah chuckled, smiling a little at Shiloh and the motions he made, the expression on his face. "Or being a punk arse teenager. Especially when you want to help. Besides," his fingers flicked, "this is really about us helping and making things better for others and that, in the long run, is far more important."

His head tilted for them to continue walking, to keep talking, because it was surprisingly easy all things considered.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:52 pm
hellion

His hand slipped away and he nodded as Jeremiah continued on, watching as his familiar purred in Shiloh's lap and comforted him as only a cat could.

"So then she's younger? Not as old as she was previously ..." Jeremiah raked a hand through his hair, working through that. "Possibly still tied to the Court as well, since we don't know the entirety of the history for those we took the place of. They could have their own interactions and lives within other ashdown and we'd have no idea.

"Obviously still magically powerful if she was able to stop the flowers ..." His lips pressed together in a thin line. "This is not the kind of change I was anticipating with the shift in reality but I shouldn't be surprised."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:26 pm
    bakeding

Shiloh blinked once. Twice. Three times as he stared at Jeremiah.

"Gramps," He said very seriously, deliberately, "Special brownies?"

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces