Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:41 pm
    Oliver Beaumont was going to die here.

"J-Jamie? Huh..." He tried to sound knowing, but he was still pretty goddamn baffled about this whole thing. Not to mention he had no idea what he was doing, no real training on anything, no real know how. He grappled for the tablet regardless, eyes scanning the interface for some sort of hints or clues. Oliver was pretty tech-literate, but his anxiety was bubbling up in his chest and it was making it almost impossible to focus. "Right... right... Not dead, I said." He repeated this mindlessly as he browsed the contents of the tablet.

His hand was definitely shaking a little despite his best efforts.

He was going to die here.

After some fumbling around, he found what he assumed to be the "shipping manifest", whether it was or not was left to be seen.

azuredreams
i feel so bad for this boy??? DIES

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:16 pm
Cid was back in a few minutes with a couple of boxes which were set down on a rolling cart for easier management. His head tilted as he looked over Ollie, leaning to look over at the tablet and then back up at the young man.

"... are you sure you're alright? You look like you're about five-minutes into an anxiety attack. You want to sort these in the back first and then put them out?" Mostly because he was concerned about Ollie and he did look particularly bad.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:28 pm
    Oliver wheeled around on Cid with the grace and intent of a cheetah chasing an impala. He slapped the tablet down (gently) but hard enough to make a click sound, and his voice was all but rushed and ragged when he said "You know? Sorting in the back sounds just great."

His eye twitched.

He was fully prepared to get fired from this job within the week, and that was being generous.

"I'm fine." Oliver Beaumont was not fine.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:56 pm
"You're not fine, you're like ... on the edge of a panic attack." Cid was looking him over, genuine worry evident on his face. A hand pointed towards the staff basement door. "Take the tablet, grab the door for me, and we'll put something on for you downstairs and you can do whatever, alright?"

Oliver was eye twitching. That was- Well, Cid hadn't seen an eye twitch in a while.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:54 pm
    "I am fine." He wheezed, still obviously not, but also very practiced at keeping his composure in line. "It's fine, it's—yeah alright, alright..."

He grabbed the tablet up, feeling more guilt that anxiety pooling into his stomach at this point. Why did he have to have an actual nice boss? Then he'd have to figure out how to reason with him rather than being flat out fired. At least he could explain that to Elliot, and then he could find a new job and turn over a fresh new leaf.

The door handle was fumbled with for a few seconds until he managed the fine motor skills to open it. At least holding it open wasn't that much a trial—but he was still ready to book it downstairs once he was able.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:22 pm
No, you're not fine, Ollie, but Cid was not going to counter anymore. Not when the younger man was doing what he had suggested.

Before Cid headed to the door, he was hitting a button on the underside of the counter (which would lock the front door as well as change the sign to say out to lunch; not that Ollie would notice or hear that). The boxes were picked up, the short man stepping through the door and down the stairs that were immediately visible.

Down them was an open space, broke up into two sections by a screen (which had a motif of Gojira terrorizing Tokyo). The smaller section was obviously storage for the store but the other section, the one that took up most of the space, was clearly a relaxing space for employees. There were a couple bean bag chairs (one was a giant a** Snorlax, the other Cthulhu) and a wraparound couch that faced a big screen television (and one too many consoles).

A small kitchen area was to the left of the bottom of the stairs with a microwave and a few other things to make snacks as necessary. The refrigerator that was also there was not surprising given everything else. Hanging on the wall was the first aid cabinet (it was glass and one could see into it; that's where Ollie's imitrex was). "Take seat on the couch, put something on the tv, and you can get can check the shipment and organize down here."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:51 pm
    Oliver was blinking rapidly as he tried to take in his surroundings. Realistically, the break room this place was awesome, but he wasn't in the right state to really appreciate it. Instead he thoughtlessly went with Cid's words, sat on the couch, took a deep breath as he stared at the tablet still clutched in his hands.

"Is the front going to be okay?" He suddenly remembered there was no one watching the counter. "I-I can handle this myself, it's fine, you can go back up there."

He wobbled a little where he sat, still obviously on the verge of a melt down, but at least containing it a lot better than he had been. No more profuse sweating and frantic glancing at everything and uncomfortable wheezing.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:44 pm
"The front door is locked, I hit the switch for it before I came down. It's time for a lunch break anyway." Cid set the boxes down near Ollie, moving over to the kitchenette a moment later.

"Do your thing, don't mind me." He was poking his head into the fridge, though really he was staying down here to make sure that Ollie would be alright and did not need him. It wasn't like he wasn't familiar with panic or anxiety attacks.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:09 am
    Oliver narrowed his eyes, but not in an accusitory or malicious sort of way. No, all he was experience was pure unadulterated confusion, but when hadn't he today? At least Cid was kind; before that thought had fed into his anxiety, but one he started to settle and realize it wasn't out of pity he became more okay with it.

From his seat he took it much more slow, finding the work notes and employee cheat sheets on how to operate the various apps on the tablet. He was sure he'd still bumble around for a week or so, but at least he had some brief understanding of what he was even doing. Slowly, he started to browse throught the store stock, head poking into the boxes the hat Cid had brought down.

"Really. Honestly." His voice perked up again, "I've got this." Even if Cid was taking a break, he was adamant on proving his innocence. Now that he had calmed down he just felt embarrassed and wanted nothing more than to sulk alone with it.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:40 pm
"Dude, I will leave you alone once I have a moment with this sandwich." It was a sandwich he had left in the fridge the previous day and now held as a prize. "... by moment I mean that it's probably not going to live much longer because it's lunch time."

Grabbing the sandwich and a soda, he sank onto the Cthulhu beanbag chair with a sigh. "Besides, I had to deal with Mister Exclusive." There was a certain rancor in which it was said that implied Ollie had likely also dealt with the man. "Forever failing to understand that s**t that's from a ******** event in another country is not something that I can make appear. I've got connections but I'm not that good. Still pissy about him wanting s**t from Comic-Con."

Also it was partly a lie. Cid probably could get it but he wasn't going to for someone who annoyed the hell out of him.

Me1ancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:43 pm
    "Alright, alright, my bad." He got defensive for a second, and then sad, and then calm again. Something told him he should probably be on a medication for his moods and his anxiety, but so many of them conflicted with his Imitrix. He slowly tapped away at the tablet before moving—slightly—to peel open the boxes.

"That sounds... annoying." He was partially distracted with the box, but also because he wasn't sure what to say, especially with the way Cid said Mister Exclusive. Something told Oliver that if he continued to work here, he'd find out soon enough who this a*****e was. "What'd he want this time?" He was trying to keep the conversation going passively. The idle chit-chat—even if it wasn't anything he knew about—did well to soothe his nerves.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:16 pm
Cid seemed used to Ollie's snapping quickly, entirely unbothered by it. Mostly because he would either snap back himself or be all dude what the ********>. Either way, it was not an issue.

"You- Well, no. I'd say you have no idea but you actually do. ******** needs to behave and not be rude to my employees ..." Apparently he was still tetchy about some previous encounter Mister Exclusive had with Ollie.

"Anyway," he grumbled, "he wants some exclusive nendoroid. I'm not feeling particularly charitable and I'm more interested in getting those Yuri!!! On Ice ones that are coming out soon to finish up the display."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:54 pm
    Oliver nodded along because he wasn't sure what else he was supposed to say. "Tell him to ******** off then. Ban him from the store." He snorted, "You could do that, right?"

Something told him it wasn't that easy, or it would've happened by now, so he kept his tone completely sarcastic and joking just in case.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:49 pm
"... he's on his way to it, since he's on warning anyway from being a d**k to my employees." Cid shrugged, raking pale blonde hair from his eyes and adjusting his glasses a moment later. "I don't give two shits if he's an a*****e to me, no ******** given, but this is a safe place for my employees and he can ******** off in that regard."

Which the way he said safe place implied probably a bit more than simply him looking out for his employees. There had to be something said for the fact that Ollie knew at least Jamie and himself worked there and they were moonwalkers.

"So it's really more of when it's going to happen kind of thing but until then the bitching continues."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:08 pm
    Well, Cid had conviction at least, and Ollie could appreciate and respect that in a person. Bosses were typically the opposite in that they didn't give a ********, rather than giving too much of one. "Y'know, you're a good guy." He cracked a little bit of a tired smile before going back to his inventory. "But you knew that, huh."

"Some people just never learn, I guess." He wasn't nearly as proficient with the inventory system as should have been, but he was slowly slogging through it nevertheless. Not too shabby for someone who didn't really know what the hell they were doing.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces