Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ
Seaside Battle! War Between Good and Evil! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:54 am
Panda King Tai-tai Grim

Misujage

Okay, so after a brief misunderstanding, I'm allowing that Pernicious Purple can be used in battle, however, it must be used on its own and cannot be applied to other techniques. If you use it to coat a limb and hit someone it won't deal Strength + Int, but instead it'll just deal Int damage over time.

Also, let it be known that this true damage stuff is done with. If you take damage or apply DoT in any instance, that number is going to be cut in half regardless. So it'll just be extra damage as opposed to true damage.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:40 pm
MUSHI MUSHI!!!!! What up guys. I just wanted to point out here that it would be kind of hard for Kaito to hit me in the throat since Simba he off the ground performing a Flying Knee strike which would also put his knee in front of him while the rest of his body remains behind his knee attack. That puts his throat out of range of Kaito being able to strike anywhere near Simba's throat.

Quote:
Luckily Merlin was able to disrupt the mans movements by attacking him at the hip thus stopping his moment what so ever. Using the opening provided to him by Merlin, Simba leaped forward shooting his knee out towards the mans chest, lighting surged through his leg allowing the knee attack if it made contact to electrocute the man as well as suffer from the blunt damage of the Muay Thai knee kick.

Lerry Jive
Simba made no effort to avoid Kaito’s strike whatsoever; such was the price of relying on others. Dead in his adams apple and wind pipe the hit would strike. The damage from his forearm crashing into his opponent’s throat would cause Simba to stagger quite a bit from his sudden loss of breath. This would make it extremely difficult to stop him from stopping what he was going to do now.

This would be hard to have been done since Performing a Muay Thai knee strike. One is in the air already with his Knee in front of him. Thsu making Kaito's strike for Simba's Adams apple fail to make any contact. So Kaito should be stumbling backwards or falling down at this point since he didn't avoid the knee strike or block it in any fashion.

Sahana Kurumi

Lerry Jive

Imperial Flow

Lerry Jive

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:08 pm
The thing is. You didn't start your strike until after Merlin did. Kaito blocked his strike. And proceeded to knock Simba as he was leaving his feet. Merlin posted kicking Kaito while he was in motion to stop him. He didn't stop him so the motion continued and you decided to continue your attack. There was no way for you to stop the strike so Kaito caught Simba as he was leaving his feet. I clearly placed Kaito to strike Simba before he could get his attack motions off in my previous post. There was nothing done to stop this so it will go through. I would give my examples but I'm on my phone. Sorry.

Odin Kaicho

Sahana Kurumi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:12 am
I would also like to remind that due to the placement of Merlin's somersault kick, Simba's actions had to change. And in Lerry's original post he was working to keep Merlin's sword pinned against the dock with his fist Meaning at the very least he needed to be crouching. In both scenario's out of reach of Simba's throat.
Lerry Jive

Odin Kaicho

Sahana Kurumi

Misujage

Saint

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:53 pm
This is going to be a long one.

Okay so first things first. Odin reneged on his initial action which was throwing a punch at Kaito in his first post and then a knee strike in his second instead.

Quote:
Once Mr count down dodged, Simba would would step in close with his Muay Thai set up, Simba launched a Simba straight forward punch aimed for the mans stomach.

With the following sequence of events there was no need for his actions to change given Riven's initial attack got blocked and he simply followed it with his somersault kick. Between the interactions of these three there was no post-cutting or anything, the events were linear.

A quick breakdown of the first set events involving those three before there's a mishap:

1. Riven attack Kaito with his weapon.
2. Simba attacks Kaito, following Riven's lead, with a punch right after.
3. Kaito very quickly and briefly clashes with Riven's sword, overpowering him and pinning the sword to the ground. He then uses momentum to push himself on and send his other hand to make a strike towards Simba's throat.
4. Riven releases his sword and goes into a somersault kick aimed at Kaito's side.

This is a single string of events. No one's actions had to change here. The next post, being Odin's, should have been Simba reacting to the strike aimed at his throat. Even if the kick from Merlin would successfully stagger Kaito, it does not reset Simba's follow up event and give him a new one. In this instance the punch would've had a higher chance in landing, however, since Kaito has an ability that lets him ignore pain, those preventing himself from being staggered, he can still continue one with his punch even after taking damage. So Odin would be left with either trying to block, counter, dodge, or continue with his aforementioned punch [again, the latter also being an option had Kaito been staggered].

Instead, he goes back on his previous action and tries to create a new one, thus reneging.

Quote:
Using the opening provided to him by Merlin, Simba leaped forward shooting his knee out towards the mans chest, lighting surged through his leg allowing the knee attack if it made contact to electrocute the man as well as suffer from the blunt damage of the Muay Thai knee kick.

Again, even if Merlin had stopped Kaito's punch, Odin's punch was already thrown out, so there was no need for him to go back and change his actions.

Furthermore, Kaito's fist on the blade was but a brief pin and he went on to start his rise and strike on Simba afterward. The pin of the sword and rise would occur during the time Merlin's is pinned down and he spins to somersault kick Kaito.

Quote:
If this guy was attempting to hide his presence behind a miniature boy he must have been a mad man. Momentum from his block attempt with Merlin would guide him forth

So let's review the sequence of events, again this excludes Nefertari's involvement for the sake of clarity, this time if we remove Simba trying to jump knee [because this action is him reneging on a previous post, thus voiding this action] and assume his punch is still being aimed at Kaito:

1. Riven attacks Kaito with his weapon.
2. Simba attacks Kaito, following Riven's lead, with a punch right after.
3. Kaito very quickly and briefly clashes with Riven's sword, overpowering him and pinning the sword to the ground. He then uses momentum to push himself on and send his other hand to make a strike towards Simba's throat.
4a. Riven has his sword pinned but releases it and goes into a somersault kick aimed at Kaito's side.
4b. At the same time, Kaito uses the momentum from his block to move on to make a grab for Simba's throat with his free hand, making no attempt to dodge the strike because he has the advantage in speed. This body shift briefly frees Riven's sword in order to strike Simba.

Can be assumed that Simba would still be punching at Kaito? We don't know for certain because his causes a break in the sequence given his illegal substitute action and him not responding to the grab.

5a. Merlin's strike kick lands, but his stagger attempt is a failure due to Kaito not being able to feel pain. So while he still takes damage, his body doesn't respond to being hit.
5b. At around the same time, Kaito is in a position where he can set his foot on top of the blade, and does so. He takes the hit but isn't deterred from his path, thus striking Simba in his throat with his forearm; sending him upward. 6. This is then followed by an attempt of Kaito reaching up, grabbing Simba by the neck, and then slamming him into the ground.

While Simba would be following Merlin's lead, he wouldn't exactly be right behind him in terms of speed given Simba is roughly three times slower than both Merlin and Kaito. So by he'd arrive to throw a punch, Kaito and Merlin's original clash would've been over. If Kaito and Simba lunge at each other at the same time, Kaito wins that outcome because he's quicker and has no recovery time if something were to try and stagger him. I cannot judge this based off of Simba's knee because I'm ruling that this action is void as it reneges on his original punch. Had he simply stated that he followed after Riven to look for an opening then that would've been perfectly fine, it's because he added in the action of him following after Riven and then punching that became the problem in which he then tried to overwrite with a knee strike. Moving that part aside, since Kaito is quicker on the uptake he'd be the first to land his blow versus Simba.

Verdict:
Because Odin reneged on his previous actions when there wasn't a need to, causing an unneeded break in the fight sequence, I'm rendering his knee strike attempt null and void. Furthermore, while Merlin's blow was successful, it failed in its attempt to stagger Kaito due to him not being able to feel pain, thus he was able to ignore that. Because Kaito was the faster between him and Simba during his strike and wasn't deterred in his attempt by Merlin's attack, Simba would get hit in the throat with enough force to knock him from his feet and now has to deal with Kaito trying to grab and slam him.

Do not message me. This is final.

Resume on Misu's post.

Lerry Jive

Misujage

Odin Kaicho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:21 pm
Sahana Kurumi

Lerry Jive

Odin Kaicho

Yuri
Fair enough. Kaito would have Merlin's attack coming towards him at around the same time Nefertari would finish his speech and begin his spin. Either way Kaito would need to reacton to two people attacking him. However, this doesn't prevent Nefertari from attacking as no one is targeting him. While he wouldn't be able to strike Merlin within the allotted time frame of Merlin taking action against Kaito, there is still time for him to do so after that; putting him in the same time-window of response as Simba as opposed to Merlin [given Simba would follow after Merlin's strike is assumed to land].

This is one of your original rulings, that forces Simba to react AFTER Merlin's somersault kick. Where you deliberately state that Simba's attack was before the somersault was even in play. The same way kaito attempted to hold the sword down with his HAND, and not his FOOT, before the somersault kick came into play.

You are nulling Odin's post based off previous actions for no reason, because both he and Lerry have done the same thing. Adapted their actions to the shift in what is going on.

You are saying you are nulling his post for a break in actions, when your ruling FORCES him to react afterwards. So you have put up two rulings that have literally locked a character out of action because of your very own rulings. You're all full of s**t. I'm done.

Misujage

Saint

Misujage

Saint

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:48 am
This is probably a waste of time, because y'know the behavior as of late. I need a ruling on a technique, not any posts. A technique. See here.

Technique

Technique Name: Beautiful Strike
Description: Nefertari, in all his beauty, delivers a quick jab using the joints in the middle of his fingers and aiming for joints or pressure points. The speed at which he delivers this strike is what legitimizes it as an efficient attack. This strike uses his Speed to deal damage increased by +5. This ability can be used a max of 5 times before a 1 post cooldown.

As an assassin I understand the need to use speed to deal damage, it's one of your main stats. You should be able to. It is not the conversion I am worried about. However, it is the use in which it is being abused.

The technique says he attacks joints and pressure points. He is attacking neither in the use of this technique. As well, before anyone says anything about its capability to deal damage, the technique only says damage. It does not say power or strength. The force of his actual punch does not go up in power, just the damage it deals.

So with all of this information, and abiding by the description of the technique. How possibly could a man with 10 strength, deflect the sword of a boy with 35. Because the description of this technique does not foot the bill.

Sahana Kurumi

Panda King Tai-tai Grim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:00 am
I lied, need another ruling. Lerry changed the timing of my post to fit his own needs.

Merlin

Merlin's hands kept low until it slid the few inches to not be underneath his foot any longer, but between both legs. However, this only lasted but a brief second in the evasion. Merlin would pivot, bringing the blade up in a three hundred and sixty degree slash using both arms. Around the time that Kaito would aim to slam Simba if his balance had not faltered.

This is where I placed my ummm ... sword attack. Which is during the time Kaito has slammed Simba, which means he's busy while Merlin is retrieving his blade.

He even did more to Simba, which is fine seeing as Simba is caught in the slam I guess, before responding to the blade moving. Which means the gap in time where Merlin attacked has already passed in Lerry's post. And he is responding to it late.

For reference

Kaito
More pain. Kaito had a taste and he was not going to go without more. Out from his left arm it spread. With great speed a bright a glowing aura would smother Simba. From the neck up the marine would be cover with majestic flames. They did not cause burning pain. Simba would realize this a bit after but it would be too late. Faster and stronger his opponent would be lunched towards ths docks. Nothing his shock could do that Kaito would not quickly heal from. Such was the power the sea devil had blessed him with. The burst of power and speed gained was enough to render the brute helpless in the grasp of his holy incarnation. Cutting off all air.

Suspicious. Vibrations of the blade were more than enough to alert the pirate of the plans this little boy had scheming.

Uhhh, this shows Kaito's actions after the slam, when Simba tried to shock him. Then he was suspicious of vibrations which took place before his slam.

Sahana Kurumi

Lerry Jive

Misujage

Saint

Lerry Jive

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:25 am
I concur. I moved after the strike. Next post Kaito takes damage or Whatever. Can. We. Please. Fight. Jesus Christ. This is annoying as hell.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:10 pm
It's a small technicality due to faulty wording but yes, in this instance, the damage being dealt by such a strike would be in the form of his speed. However, this is in damage only, not in power, as Misu said, so you'd take damage when trying to deflect a sword attack with your hand and would most likely fail in said deflection.

Again, hit someone with it, you deal damage based on speed. You force doesn't actually go up in power in this instance.

Verdict: Nefertari takes damage from the sword and is unsuccessful in his deflection attempt.

Misujage

Panda King Tai-tai Grim

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Lerry Jive

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:06 pm
Okay. There was no second slam at all when I posted. It was one slam. The actions were Throat punch, grap and slam using my flames to speed up the slam this was all I wrote that happened it Simba. This was all that was responded to that happened to Simba. Misu's interpretation of my post are completely wrong. There were all these actions hat he tried to squeeze into this tiny time gap and I think he got confused. A second slam was not needed and a second one did not occur. I need kinda need a edit to occur so Misus post can reflect this timing. Much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Misujage

Sahana Kurumi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:14 pm
There was only a single slam here.

Quote:
Kaitos slam was aimed to cause Simba to crash through the docks to the ocean below. If this was not the case, Kaito would lift him back in the air again to repeat until it this was the end result. Poor man was now at the mercy of a beast. No Sight. No way defend himself. Suffer the glorious wrath of Kaito the Immortal.

He only slammed him once but he was stating that if that first slam wasn't successful, then he'd try to slam him again until he sank like Kaito wanted. However, since the first slam was, in fact, successful the what if scenario is no longer relevant. And this act took place the post before his current one. Anyway, Misu please edit your posts to reflect the current series of posts. Order resumes after said edit.

Lerry Jive

Misujage

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Misujage

Saint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:49 pm
To avoid the storm I am sure is going to follow. Even though I posted, just clarifying.

Merlin never let go of his sword, until like after his wrists would be broken cause then he could no longer control his fingers I believe.

Sorry, the posts are slightly lengthy. In my previous post the S.P.A.C.E. Blade dug deep into Kaito's Wing.

[See Initial Post Here]

In Lerry's following post, Kaito made no effort to remove the blade from his wing, nor did he try and remove it from Merlin's hand. He in fact went to break Merlin's wrists as viewed here.

[Kaito breaking Merlin's wrists and doing not much of anything else.

If I missed anything on his post then I'll accept the L, but with the blade still digging into his wing, and him motioning Merlin's wrists around while he is still holding the blade. It will just carve his wing up for the remainder of his HP. He didn't subtract the damage he took last post. But it would drain the last of his HP.

Lerry Jive

Sahana Kurumi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:37 am
Misujage
To avoid the storm I am sure is going to follow. Even though I posted, just clarifying.

Merlin never let go of his sword, until like after his wrists would be broken cause then he could no longer control his fingers I believe.

Sorry, the posts are slightly lengthy. In my previous post the S.P.A.C.E. Blade dug deep into Kaito's Wing.

[See Initial Post Here]

In Lerry's following post, Kaito made no effort to remove the blade from his wing, nor did he try and remove it from Merlin's hand. He in fact went to break Merlin's wrists as viewed here.

[Kaito breaking Merlin's wrists and doing not much of anything else.

If I missed anything on his post then I'll accept the L, but with the blade still digging into his wing, and him motioning Merlin's wrists around while he is still holding the blade. It will just carve his wing up for the remainder of his HP. He didn't subtract the damage he took last post. But it would drain the last of his HP.

Lerry Jive

Sahana Kurumi

I know I didn't remove the blade. My health would have 1 remaining because of my brawler perk. I didn't want you leaving so I made sure not to alter my position. So he is still able to fight and heal from his injuries and his actions will still go through.  

Lerry Jive

Hilarious Genius

Misujage

Saint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:04 am
Lerry Jive

I know I didn't remove the blade. My health would have 1 remaining because of my brawler perk. I didn't want you leaving so I made sure not to alter my position. So he is still able to fight and heal from his injuries and his actions will still go through.

Leaving where? >3> You're using three limbs to hold him down? You have a fourth to take the sword. And your beak.
Where is he going???

Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces