Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:57 am
    The Big One Nine

Oliver walked in with a shrug, "No...? Why?" He looked towards the snort too, but Ollie had grown up with Shiloh. He was all but immune to this sort of thing.

Didn't stop the clonk, thud, clonk sounds of Shiloh barreling over, eyes still definitely covered, walls and counter tops thoroughly abused, "Surprise!" He had this goofy look about him, visible in his dumb crooked smile, "We're nineteen! In case you forgot. Jamie threw us a party."

Oliver blinked rapidly.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:48 pm
The Big One Nine

As Jamie shut the door, the only thing he really heard was the sound of Shiloh bumping into literally everything in sight. Briefly covering his face with a hand, he sighed.

"It wasn't supposed to be a surprise," he promised Oliver, dragging his hand down his face and offering an apologetic smile. "But... surprise! Sorry it's so late. Happy birthday, Ollie."

Then he looked Shiloh and shook his head. "Okay, now you can uncover your eyes already."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:19 pm
    The Big One Nine

Oliver continued to blink rapidly. Shiloh finally uncovered his own.

"Surprise!" He reiterated with the same goofy grin. For not seeming all that convinced before, he was getting kind of into it. Mostly because his baby twin brother was involved. "The void ate the 5th, so we're making up for it."

"You..." Oliver looked around, because at first glance nothing seemed different. "You threw us a birthday party?" Actually, he seemed a little bit touched, if not slightly apprehensive.

Shiloh meanwhile had made a very quick exit, mostly to go inspect the hors d'oeuvre display that he could smell wafting from the kitchen.

"You know this is all unnecessary, Jamie. You didn't have to..." Oliver started to say.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:09 pm
The Big One Nine

It was almost immediate when Jamie shook his head. "No, I know. Shiloh said the same thing, but..." he twiddled his fingers together in front of him, "birthdays have always been important to me. I know they're not to everyone, but I just... I guess I just want people to know I'm happy they're here."

Then he took a deep breath like he was trying not to get too emotional. Jamie was always the sappy type.

"A-Anyway-! We should probably get in there before Shiloh eats all the food. I mean, I think I made a lot, but you know him." The little smile he wore was nothing but endearment, though.

Melancholiessss

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:13 pm
    The Big One Nine

"No no, it's..." Oliver took a deep breath, "I appreciate it. Thanks Jamie." He patted him on the shoulder, and then after a moment of deliberation offered him a quick (if not awkward) hug.

Except he almost immediately regretted it, because he was swallowed up by that familiar warm feeling that he had felt back with Eve. He knew what it was and he knew Jamie knew what it was, but this hadn't been a conversation he wanted to have just yet. Unsure what to do, he stayed awkwardly attached.

Shiloh meanwhile (like the nosy hog he was) had already stuck his head into the fridge and discovered the birthday cake. He hadn't gotten into it yet, but he was definitely trying to sneak some frosting.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:45 am
The Big One Nine

"It was no problem at a-"

The 'naughty Shiloh' sense Jamie had been cultivating recently didn't even have a chance to go off before it was completely and totally overwhelmed by pack touch. He'd be forced to let birthday boy number one get away with cake murder in favor of attempting to reconcile everything he was feeling in the arms of number two.

It wasn't something he expected. His eyes were wide and startled despite how warm and comforting and soothing their moonwalker bond was.

"Ollie..." he muttered, swallowing audibly. "Since when?" Jamie didn't let go, either. He didn't even pull back to look at him.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:09 pm
    The Big One Nine

"I—" Except, Oliver wasn't making any immediate move to detach himself either. It was warm and comforting and familiar and so many emotions he hadn't realized he had been devoid of. "Since we got back. It's complicated, I don't know why—"

"Heyyyyy," Shiloh poked his head back in, corners of his mouth smeared with frosting, "How long're you guys gonna hug it out? Man I don't even get hugs like that from either of you." His cheeks puffed out, and then his tongue swiped out to lick up the renegade frosting. "Had I known a dumb birthday party was the secret to extended hugs, I'd would've thrown you one years ago Ollie."

Except, Ollie was too busy wibbling to care about Shiloh's sarcasm.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:09 pm
The Big One Nine

The response told Jamie one important thing, at least. Whoever it was remained a mystery, but someone had probably gotten to Oliver first. He listened, he wanted to be there, to talk about this, to make sure everything was okay. This wasn't really the time for that, though. That much became apparent when Shiloh poked around the corner.

Jamie, far more used to pack touch, pulled back enough to look at Shiloh. "Oh, hush up, I give you plenty of hugs," he chided with a huff, even if he still hadn't let go of Oliver. "Whoa, hey-! Is that frosting on your lips, Beaumont? Ooooh, mister..."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:47 am
    The Big One Nine

Ollie was still comedically clinging to Jamie's everything when he addressed Shiloh, head slumping forward to lean against his shoulder. His brother meanwhile was kind of bewildered with the whole scene, and he blushed when the icing was pointed out.

"Look, it was just a taste." And then he straightened up, "And I thought this party was for me anyway. Well, and Ollie, whatever he's doing. Oliver the ******** are you doing."

"I don't know anymore." He said, muffled through the shoulder, exasperation not so hidden in his tone. He let go of Jamie with a great deal of reluctance, though he found the pain of separation was much easier to deal with the longer he stayed detached. Didn't mean he didn't keep poking at Jamie's arm every time he had a chance.

"Ooooookay. Anyway." Shiloh retreated back into the kitchen. The fridge was still left wide open.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:20 pm
The Big One Nine

"Fine, fine, but you better eat the other food I made for you. The cake is for dessert, birthday boy." It was scolding but affectionate, joking, warm. There was an edge to his voice even softer than normal. Maybe that was just a side effect of the pack touch. He felt when Oliver poked at his arm.

When Shiloh ditched them for the kitchen, Jamie grabbed Ollie's hand and pulled him that way, too. "It's okay if you don't know," he said belatedly. "It takes some getting used to." And like clockwork he was back into party-mode, ready to dish out the hors d'oeuvres. It was hesitant, but he relinquished Oliver's hand in favor of shutting the fridge.

"I let you off the hook and you leave the fridge wide open," he chided Shiloh.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:28 pm
    The Big One Nine

"Sorry! sorry." Shiloh called from... the living room now? Where had half of the ham sandwiches gone? It seemed like he had commandeered a bag of cool ranch Doritos too. Either way, he didn't sound all that sorry.

Ollie was staring at his hand with Jamie let go. He hadn't gotten super touchy with Eve mostly because she was a stranger, but Jamie was someone he trusted to a degree a least.

"I talked to this nice lady about it." He told Jamie quietly, "Her name was Eve? You prolly know her." His head was starting to clear now that he wasn't being overwhelmed with feelings family and belonging, and he took to a turkey sandwich delicately before shoving the entire thing ungracefully into his mouth. The Beaumont blood ran deep, it seemed.

saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:25 am
The Big One Nine

As soon as Jamie turned back around and noticed only one Beaumont present and the food vanishing before his eyes, he shook his head. "That Shiloh," he mumbled, shuffling over to gather up a couple things to take into the living room with them. The dips were good candidates.

"Oh, Eve!" His eyes lit up at the mention. "She was one of the ones who turned at the same time I did. We're close and she's real nice, she'll help you out, too. We should visit her for tea together sometime."

He paused, watching Oliver devour the sandwich with all the skill of Shiloh himself, maybe even more. "Glad you like the sandwiches," he said with a small laugh. "Oh, you should try a crostini, too, before they cool off all the way."

Steadying the load in his arms, he started for the living room.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:22 pm
    The Big One Nine

"Oh please, don't mind if I do." Oliver snatched up a crostini, nibbling it with a pleased expression. "She seemed very content with the whole shape shifting thing. I..." He sighed, half of the crostini in his hand still, "...I'm not sure if I'd ever get that comfortable. Or if I'd want to? I think I'd like to..."

"You guys snogging out behind my back in there or—" Shiloh had started to call out, but then, "—Oh. Hi Jamie." He grinned from the floor, situated in front of the TV.

Oliver wasn't far behind, his own assortment of hors d'oeuvres bundled up in his arms. "We can talk more about it later." He said to Jamie before they got into Shiloh's earshot, even though he knew Shiloh totally saw him lean over to whisper.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:32 pm
The Big One Nine

There was a sad sort of smile on his face, one that Oliver wouldn't see. It's not that being a moonwalker upset him, he was well beyond that, but remembering how it felt to be scared and confused and unsure of yourself and what you'd become was not a fond memory. He hoped he could make that transition easier for Ollie. "It took me a while, but I did," he said quietly, but without missing a beat he was toeing at Shiloh sprawled out on the floor.

"We sure were," was his huffy answer. Then Ollie leaned in and made the lie look even better. That revived the happier smile he wore only minutes ago. "Later, definitely." Wink wink, of course. He plopped down on the couch.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:24 pm
Our First Christmas

As Jamie promised, the biggest of the festivities were saved for the holidays. It was Christmas eve, and though things had started out not-so-different than the birthday party—with Jamie making lots of munchies and fussing about in preparation—this time there was a tree and lights and presents and the atmosphere felt even more magical than Other Ashdown. To him, anyway.

Instead of Too Cute! Kittens, the TV had been taken over by A Christmas Story, undoubtedly a holiday favorite. Decked out in a gaudy red and white sweater, Jamie finished filling up the stockings he'd set aside for Shiloh and Ollie. His parents were out at a party with friends; they'd get theirs tomorrow.

Jamie couldn't help smiling to himself. It was going to be a great night, he was sure of it.

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces