Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
How do you feel about Gaia now? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katulain

Dedicated Gaian

7,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:24 pm
Darius Runan
Arms reach optimism for me.

But I have faith in Lanzer.

Could not say it better myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:54 pm
I am not a fan of the favorite thing at all. And there is so many things that need fixed. But I am happy he is paying attention to things on here. Before he came back it was all about cash. I have some hope now.  

angelic snow angel

Angelic Warrior

Anamosa Valentine

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:39 am
Right now, I feel Gaia's making a gradual recovery from the chaotic period during the previous CEO's reign. With Lanzer back, the stuff broken around the site are gradually being fixed one by one.

I have faith in Lanzer, and I'll continue to support him as he tirelessly works to fix Gaia up. He needs to get good daily sleep though. ~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:08 am
I am cautiously hopeful.

I never knew Lanzer myself, and he left not long after I arrived at Gaia. But everything I've heard about him suggests a wonderfully creative and community-oriented person.

What I don't know is whether he'll be allowed to implement the measures that would actually help this site. He doesn't own the company, so even if he's now the CEO, that means he has a board of directors above him, and their ideas may prevail over his.  

Great Lakes haze

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:35 pm
User Image
I feel really good about Gaia right now. Lanzer has obviously been working hard on bug fixes and taking in feedback. It's also heartening to see L0cke coming in with a really interesting story event right away.

As far as new features, I agree that maintenance of the old stuff is more important right now, but the favorites thing wasn't actually a new project - Lanzer had developed it back before he left, so it was already a finished product, more or less (except for the expected tweaking and bug fixing needed when releasing a feature site-wide). We tested it ages ago.

Also, I gather from Lanzer's post history that the previous investors are gone and that whatever new investors they have are trusting the founders to do what they feel is right for Gaia - no more CEOs calling the shots:

Lanzer
To simply things, today Gaia does have investors who helped us take the company back. However, those investors are very different than the ones we dealt with. They rather Gaia achieve success through me (with the help of CP, L0cke, and staff members) running the show instead of forcing a CEO hired from somewhere else. They do ask for one thing - and that is for us to grow the company. Like anybody who would invest in anything.

Source  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:23 pm
Optimistic yet cautious, but Lanzer and company's work since their return has been amazing. I am so glad they are back and fixing the site. Oh and the new super cute Gaia merchandise, after I publish my book I am ordering some it's so adorable.

Personally I barely have time to be on right now due to real life stuff. It's part of why I'm not super active anymore. But I do appreciate the changes for the better happening on Gaia now.  

Tigrosharu

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:33 pm

I've been vacillating over this a great deal. I'm mostly cautiously hopeful, but sometimes I'm more on the side of caution, frustration or... even ire, occasionally.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:31 am
I'm hopeful. 4laugh  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:25 pm
    I have faith. I can't afford not to have faith.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:41 am
Ebania

Nothing to lose these days.

(Long time no talk, Ebania blaugh )  

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 am
    Very true!

Nice to see you, Darius! biggrin

Darius Runan
    Nothing to lose these days.

(Long time no talk, Ebania blaugh )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:52 pm

It's largely thanks to you that I tend towards optimism, E. Your unwavering belief that we're headed for a new Golden Age is pretty darned contagious.

Ebania

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Bleh Apocrypha

Supportive Spirit

13,950 Points
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:11 pm
As someone who's just come back from one of their all too frequent hiatuses, I think the daily stamp card is a really great way to keep newcomers engaged while giving me a way to bank on the excitement of 2008-9 when I was really into Gaia but didn't have an income for the cash items.

It's the only thing I really feel I have a right to comment on, as I haven't done much digging into the rest of the changes made since the staff changes. Definitely a positive step in the right direction, I'm confident the site can get back on its feet.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:38 pm
The graphics are prettier than before. More beautiful items with purple (lavender) colors *-* Of course, I can not afford better, nicer Items. But you can create interesting avatar of items available from LK. So it's good smile
Only I deplore the fact that it seems to me that there are fewer players than it was before.

Sorry for my english!  

Avalogy

Sweetheart

Raven of the Darkened Sky

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:36 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image
I feel really good about Gaia right now. Lanzer has obviously been working hard on bug fixes and taking in feedback. It's also heartening to see L0cke coming in with a really interesting story event right away.

As far as new features, I agree that maintenance of the old stuff is more important right now, but the favorites thing wasn't actually a new project - Lanzer had developed it back before he left, so it was already a finished product, more or less (except for the expected tweaking and bug fixing needed when releasing a feature site-wide). We tested it ages ago.

Also, I gather from Lanzer's post history that the previous investors are gone and that whatever new investors they have are trusting the founders to do what they feel is right for Gaia - no more CEOs calling the shots:

Lanzer
To simply things, today Gaia does have investors who helped us take the company back. However, those investors are very different than the ones we dealt with. They rather Gaia achieve success through me (with the help of CP, L0cke, and staff members) running the show instead of forcing a CEO hired from somewhere else. They do ask for one thing - and that is for us to grow the company. Like anybody who would invest in anything.

Source

Thank you for sharing this information! I am on here so rarely these days that I miss quite a bit. I appreciate the source! smile  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games