Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Mᴀʀɪɴᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Bᴀsᴇ
Outside Garden Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imperial Flow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

"No?" he questioned when little green man replied. But then Simba was baffled by what he said next. "whaaaaa...a new body? I mean i don't even think i can buy something like that anytime soon...i don't even know where to get something like that..." he scratched the back of his head. But then all of that bounced out of his mind when the green one mentioned he could breath fire. "REALLY!!!! THAT'S AMAZING!! did you eat one of those disgusting fruits as well?" he asked. The Green man was surely someone special. Maybe Simba wasn't the only one out here in the world with strange powers.

Blue haired wonder turned his attention to Merlin as he grabbed his hand feeling the surface. While Merlin looked lost deep in thought, Simba looked to his hand sending small currents of electricity through it. The sparks were rather fascinating to say the least. Merlin was right..he was just going to need to get used to having powers now. "yeah...i just never though i would be chosen for something like this...I can use this power to bring justice to the world...if i can learn to control it better.." He let out of sigh before Merlin grabbed his face, foreheads together and he ensured that he would find the answers Simba was looking for. "Thank you!!! that's why i came to find you!! Everyone always talks about how amazing and smart you are so i knew you could help me!!" he smiled bright as a gleam of light shined across his teeth while his glasses emitted a star like spark as if he was some cool like stud and gave Merlin the thumbs up. "Yeah...that's why i want to travel the world and learn more while stopping as many pirates as i can. The grand line is full of them.. but we even have some here in the blues that need to be stopped, they come first!" he nodded rapidly.

Suddenly Simba heard another voice in the garden and he turned his head to see who it was. Before Simba could say anything the newcomer was already shaking his hand..but sadly he didn't know that Simba's hand was covered in a massive amount of electrical currents at the time so the light show wasn't all that pleasant when the newcomer went and electrocuted himself with a rather high voltage since Simba didn't have full control over his powers just yet. "DID YOU NOT SEE THE DANGER!!!!" he yelled if the man did indeed get electrocuted.

420 words

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:47 pm
User Image

Flashes of white and purple filled Ali's eyes as he smelled what could only be described as cooking caribou, or burnt flesh. Ali would fall back and sit down as he recovered from just being electrocuted, as he regained his composure Ali noticed something strange on the shirtless man's shoulder. "Bro is that a giant booger on your neck or what? Nah, for real tha-" That was when the green thing spoke. Ali's jaw would drop as he noticed that what he thought was a booger was a bipedal chameleon of some sort.

"Dragon... You own a Dragon!? And IT TALKS!?!?!" Ali shouted as he stared from a distance. "Hmm... it's kinda ugly." Ali said blandly as he turned around uninterested in Cameron, now looking toward Merlin. Merlin would begin checking his body for anything cracked and began asking around as well, it somewhat confused Ali. "No, no, you lacking in lingo my guy. What's crackin? like what's going on? how you doin?" Ali explained as the little blue haired fishman turned a shade of red and oddly enough the sound of bubbles filled the air. I need an Adult...

Ali then turned back to face Simba. "So I gotta know was that like a Taser prank or like did you actually just shock me with nothing but your bare hand." Ali said looking at Simba's bare hand that had just been crackling with high voltage electricity. He had learned his lesson the first time, but such a power intrigued Ali and for some reason, he wanted to drink from the same pool of power if he could find out about it.

OoC: 272

Stats

Str: 05
End: 10
Spd: 05
Int: 05
Acc: 00

Spi: 05
Dex: 00
HP: 100

Misujage

Vemix

Odin Kaicho

Luke Tensai

Dapper Genius

6,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Acuroi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:38 am
User ImageUser Image

Duder? What the hell was that? "I'm a Chameleon, not a duder." A plainly said statement that the little lizard would barely give much more attention to. Instead, he would focus on the fact that Merlin did not want to create him a new body. Cameron wasn't sure if it was because the kid could not do it or just that he did not wish to. The little lizard's gloved hand would reach up for the edge of his chin in order to enter his thinker position. If Merlin did not want to create him a new body, than Cam would just have to do it himself. The little lizard would just have to get his own lump sum of money to pay for his own creations and then he would be able to do anything he wished. The easiest way to do that was to increase the amount of beli in his weekly paycheck. And to do that, he needed to be a higher ranking Marine. "I'll make it cool Merlin, I promise." His hand drifted away from his chin as his thoughts traveled elsewhere. "I'll get myself a new body and be taller than you." His head would then shift over to looking towards the guy whos head he was right next to. "Yea~" He put on this voice that was just so pompous and full of itself. "I did not eat a fruit, I just made myself the ability to do it. I'm quite great at adapting."

During the whole devil fruit conversation, Cameron would just lean back into his comfortable sun tanning position and listen. He was not entirely sure what these fruits were and he did not particularly care either, but it sounded like something he might be able to utilize in the future. Simba seemed pretty cool with his electric hands and whatnot, so if a future Fleet Admiral could have control over a bunch of super powered individuals just like this guy..? 'I'd be unstoppable!' Although that was for another time. Turns out the lounge chair did not properly know how to control his powers. He actually came here for a scientist's help. The intelligent Merlin was here to help though, and- 'Intelligent? Merlin? Scientist?' Now that the little lizard thought of it, there was mention of this earlier when Simba first appeared. Merlin was also a scientist and that actually made Cameron a wee bit happy.

The little lizard did not even bother to look when he was asked a question by Merlin. "Nope. That would never happen." It was not because he was too cocky to believe he would ever be cracked, but because he knew he was more than just a simple Chameleon. There was no way he would just crack all willy nilly just because some random guy came about asking about it. Besides, even if he was cracked, Cam would honestly just fix himself up. 'UGLY' The word rang through his unseeable ears like the bell chimes from a giant clock ticking twelve. 'UGLY!?' This by itself made the little lizard push up from Simba's neck and force himself back into a standing position. From each side of his nose horn, a sharp and angered eye stared down at the man who was clearly from the wrong anime series. "I thought you would be cool because you called me a dragon, but then you went and said I was "owned."" He took a deep breath before puffing out his cheeks. Both of his gloved hands slapped against his hips before his body would begin to lean forward. Looking down at the blonde, he would open his mouth once more. "To make it even worse, you dare call me ugly? OOOHHHHHHHHHHH, just you wait little human. You thought that electricity would burn you? Just you wait until I give you a taste of my own flames. You will look like the bottom of a burnt up burger from the South Blue! I will have you sitting on my wall like a trophy. But you won't be in the main lobby like one I'm proud of! Nope! Ohhhhhh, you will be in the far back where I only show those whom I need to make an example of. The ugliness that you just portrayed here will only be seen by those who need to feel the depths of their own heart sink into the nether regions of demise! OOOHHHH!!!! Just you wait until I'm Fleet Admiral. I. Will. Make. You. Pay! Standing over there looking as if someone stopped halfway through your creation. What happened? Was it you or God who decided that the rest just wasn't worth it? Are you even old enough to be in the Marines? Where are your parents? How crazy must they have been in order to justify letting you out of your cage?" He had more to say, but he did not feel like saying anything else to this thing. Plus, it was kind of hard to understand it anyway. In the end, Cameron would probably just fire the thing.

"I'm going to do some missions and catch some pirates." The little lizard looked up to the previous two people he was speaking to. "I can't stand here by this thing anymore and I need to make sure I have the money to make the inventions I need to be Admiral." Both of the gloved hands that sat on his hips dropped and with bent knees he would grab at Simba's skin. It was time to climb down from this perch and make haste towards a new place. "I can lead you guys to glory too if you want to follow." He spoke softer as he was trying to be cautious as he climb down from the man. Merlin might even have a harder time hearing him since there was now a body in the way of his words. "But fear not, I will rise to the top of these Marines one way or another." When the little lizard finally reached the garden floor again, he would begin to march towards the exit closest to where they needed to pick up their missions. He would probably attempt to catch a pirate on the way as well, as he really did have some steam he needed to blow off now. "I am a Chameleon! Not a Dragon! Not an it! And definitely not UGLY!"

[/Exit]

Current Tantrum :: 1,069
Overall Dilemma :: 2,718

00 Strength
20 Speed
00 Endurance
05 Accuracy
25 Intelligence

Misujage

Odin Kaicho

Luke Tensai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:22 am
User ImageUser Image

Merlin stared awkwardly at Cammy. Did he really think duder was a classification? Well, there were commonly misunderstandings between two speaking individuals. Their own patterns of speech that did not always translate. The thought made Riven chuckle, a bundle of fanged teeth appearing behind his cherub like visage. Such innocence, it was hard to believe such sharpened weapons lay in wait behind precious lips. "You really are weird, Cammy." He spoke with a small chuckle, one that swiftly turned to intense seriousness, as he said he would construct a body himself. Not sure how the small chameleon would go about transporting all of his organs. Merlin had no choice but to stop him. "I'unno Cammy, if you build it. You'd prolly die, y'know?" A shot at his intelligence, he meant it to sound that way. Sometimes if ya didn't tell people how dumb they were being, they would never find a new way. This was however another buffer of meanings. Cameron probably just wanted some large suit to be in. Whereas Merlin was certain that small lizard wanted a larger lizard body. "Okay Cammy,do you, or whatever." A grimace and a fold of his arms would ensue. He seemed like one of those know it all types, a type Merlin knew well because he was a know it all type. Though a bit more passive in his attitude, he did tend to kinda bolster his opinion over others. Maybe it was the side effect of a high IQ. Even when your IQ was not as high as the person you spoke to. Being above average was enough for such narcissism.

Wary, but excited. Eyes on Simba. It was a valiant mission, that was what all Marines wanted at their core. To bring Justice in their own ways, to gather power and knowledge on their voyage. The stronger they were, the more pirates they could snuff out. Still, without knowing the extent of his power, he could just end up hurting everyone. Maybe even himself. It didn't seem to hurt Simba, but who knew how much he could put out before it was too much for him to handle. "Well, I know a lot about electricity. So if your lightning works like dat, I prolly can teach you some things. I gotta see ya use it foist. Just so I can gauge your ummm ... Gauge? Extent ..." He kinda fumbled over that one, dropped the ball and all on the expressive nature on their conversation. Though he didn't really care to sound all uppity super smart like other scientists. He was still finishing the piecing together of this language. It had only been a few months since he escaped the Blackheart Laboratory. He picked up other things quickly, but he didn't particularly bother to study language. So it would have to develop at its own pace. That aside, Merlin knew his job as a Marine and he had no plans of slacking on it. However, it was not his main mission. He knew Shio was something akin to a Pirate, after escaping her it was best to ally with something she wouldn't needlessly rush toward. So to build and grow, and stay hidden was the goal. No need to draw attention needlessly.

He snickered a bit, as the new guy got shocked the same way Riven did. Well, to be fair there was only so much one could explore without actually coming into contact with what they saw. So, it was best everyone experienced it once. "Hey!" He would retort to the man calling Cammy ugly. That was completely out of left field, and certainly rude if Merlin had ever encountered it. Offensive, that's what that was, and he couldn't believe someone would say that to another person. Yes, he considered Cameron a person, certainly all animals that of themselves in that way. "I dun wanna talk about it anymoar duder, y'know? You're kinda super mean." Brushing off his interpretation of lingo seemingly, but his mind logged it regardless. Vernacular's shifted, so he would know in the future that it had a double meaning. Figuring out when a person meant either or was different. He waved his hands, eyes closed in disappointment as he kind of waved the new blond hair away. However, that was not to say that the Chameleon was any better. Lashing out like that when someone insulted you. Just wow, to threaten his Marineship. Would someone who got angry so easily really lead all of the Marines? Nah, because he was kinda being mean too. "I wonder if Cammy knows acting like that is ugly .... HMPH!" He stomped his little feet and took off at a run after Cameron. Well, typically speaking, in the area leading away from the Garden. He could probably forgive them both, but this new guy and Cameron were kinda poopy heads. He didn't want to be around either one. "I'll find you later, Simba!" He waved behind him, lengths of fabric intertwined behind him like the colors of the wind. He waved goodbye, but if Simba decided to come with him, Merlin would not be opposed to that.

[exit]

Vemix

Odin Kaicho

Luke Tensai

Misujage

Saint

Imperial Flow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

"Ouch man...that's harsh.." he said he turned to look at the green little man on his shoulder. Even though the boy tried to explain his slang, Simba got most of it but it didn't seem the little green dude or Merlin really appreciated it that much. While all the ranting went about between everyone Simba shortly stood up after and dusted himself off. Once everything was said and done. The ak 47 fellow asked how that shock was even possible. Simba just stuck out his hand and caused a massive source of lightning to take its home and allowed sparks to fly. "I ate some devil fruit and it gave me lightning powers... i guess" he scratched the back of his head again. But as Riven started to take his leave, Simba wasn't going to let him get away that easily. Honestly sticking with Merlin was best since he would learn how to control his powers faster if he stuck around the smart one. "I need to keep up with Merline. But it was nice to meet you man. Names Simba!" he smiled and gave the boy thumbs up while a shining star dashed across his glasses. He then quickly ran after Merlin to try and keep up.

~Exit.

208 words

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 pm
User Image

I'm a Chameleon, not a duder. The green jelly bean would say flatly. Though Ali himself wasn't too sure on what exactly a duder was, but he wouldn't question the mini dragon, maybe if he were nicer to the dragon, it might grant him a wish. The dragon would continue talking to the shorter blue haired individual, claiming to build a cool body that'd be taller than the man who's name was Merlin. Ali would inspect Merlin then he would think about his own height as he put himself and merlin side by side in his head. Now Ali knew he wasn't the tallest individual especially since in Skypeia, most males by the age of 16 are already nearing seven feet tall and he was only at a measly 5'6. Merlin seemed to only be just reaching 5' if that. Clearly, this dragon had no ambition.

The talk of fruits would fill the air and Ali would begin to wonder what type of fruit was a devil fruit, did it have horns and a spiked tail, did it look like a pitchfork, what on earth could a Devil fruit be? Soon enough it registered with the Dragon that he had been called ugly. Ali began picking his nose completely disregarding the statements that would come out of the chameleon's mouth as he drowned out and began focusing on himself. "I wonder if you can grow a devil fruit? Maybe the dragon can grant me the wish of knowing what a devil fruit is" Ali would look over to the Dragon as he finally pulled his finger out of his nose and looked at a green glob on his finger. "They look like cousins, is he sure he isn't a booger? Maybe he's a booger dragon." Ali thought to himself as he finally tuned back in as the Dragon began walking out of the garden proclaiming he was a Chameleon again, whatever that was, also saying he wasn't a Dragon. Well, there went his wish, and then finally stating he wasn't ugly.

Ali was entitled to his opinion or so he believed he was a citizen of the world, guess not. Ali would look at Merlin who the entire time had been responding to the Dragon when he spoke to him of the body he wanted, and much like Ali, Merlin seemed to dismiss the idea. Merlin continued to speak to Simba who from Ali's experience still had no real grasp on his ability to produce electricity. He would then go one to address Ali who he classified as 'super mean' 'Did he mean superman?' cause to Ali he was just keeping it 100. Guess in a field with ops, he had no choice but to be an actor. Soon enough the other man would leave behind Merlin and Ali would merely shrug as he made his way out to go complete some missions.

OoC: 484

Stats

Str: 05
End: 10
Spd: 05
Int: 05
Acc: 00

Spi: 05
Dex: 00
HP: 100

[Exit]  

Luke Tensai

Dapper Genius

6,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Over Yandere

Obsessive Lover

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Ѵι†αℓ Ș†α†s]

-----------------------------------------------------
| ΗΡ: 260/260 | ȘΡ: 74 | Εɳd: 51 | Ðéჯ: 45 |

From the docks Vittoria made her way to the garden area at the the back of the base. Such a well kept outdoor area would serve as an excellent place to sit and read some of the new materials that she had acquired during her travels to west blue. It helped to be so connected in archaeological circles since the military restricted access to the library quite sternly, They weren't wrong to do so in her opinion, it was just a damn shame that was not privy to their contents. It would be so much easier to acquired forbidden knowledge if it didn't need to be gained illegally. Finding a nice bench beside a cherry blossom tree she sat down and popped open her pink parasol before gently resting it against her arm pit. It was actually a rather nice day outside. Perhaps she would just sit and enjoy the sun for a bit before diving into a good book.

Stats

Strength: 20
Speed: 46 (51)
Endurance: 51
Accuracy: 43 (53)
Intelligence: 60
Spirit: 74
Dexterity: 45
Active Effects

Passives:
[ჯ] It Belongs in a Museum!: +5 speed
[ჯ] Pistol: +10 accuracy while equipped.

Words

This post: 160 [solo]
Current Total: 1650, 394
Quotes

Ryunosuke Ryusei

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:41 pm
    User ImageUser Image
Str: 90 // End: 50 // Spd: 60 // Acc: 20 // Int: 20 // Spt: 86

After returning back to base from a predictably uneventful patrol in South Blue, Luka would head towards the office building to report to the Lieutenant that had assigned her the job. She had already written up her official report on the relatively peaceful status of the town to be turned in. She had not included anything in her report about how uneasy her very presence seemed to make the citizens and had kept such information to herself. She would arrive at the office as she would knock and be let in. After she turned in her paperwork, she was thanked and even awarded a minor promotion of rank. She was caught a little off guard by the whole thing. After being defeated and failing to complete her job as a marine, the last thing she had expected was a pay grade increase. She hadn't taken it well honestly but she'd not speak up against an official order. She'd merely thank him for the honor and make her way back to her room. Though he stopped her to give her some quick information on her newest assignment and that was to meet with another young woman who had just recently been promoted as well. A certain Vittoria Vance who should currently still be on base right now. She was given an image and literally just told to 'go find her' by the guy in charge so that they would perform all future jobs in tandem together.

With a nod, she accepted yet another open ended and oddly assigned mission as she left. She was given an image of the woman to go by as she started walking around the grounds with a sigh. The woman dressed just as modestly as Luka did honestly and was very properly dressed in the image provided as she scanned the areas for something like two colored hair. It was something that tends to stand out in a crowd honestly. She saw no signs of her near the mess hall, or the training grounds as she walked about and even asked a few people if they had seen her with no luck. It wasn't until she passed through the gardens that she paused and saw that unmistakable combination of black and pink hair sitting at a bench with a book in her gloved hands. She smiled slightly and walked over towards her. "Vittoria Vance?" She'd ask, speaking clearly to the woman sitting before her. "Luka Scarlet. I was informed that we are to be assigned as a team for all current and future missions and tasks assigned to us from this point forwards." She spoke very officially and formally, as if speaking to a higher up marine as she always did because she was socially awkward as ever.

Words in post: [461] Current total: [485]

Naomi Tenkou

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

Over Yandere

Obsessive Lover

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Ѵι†αℓ Ș†α†s]

Having relaxed for a few minutes and enjoyed the view the multi-toned woman decided that perhaps now was a good time to actually start reading from one of her new books. In particular she was quite curious about these so called devil fruits that had seemed to begun springing up again across the blue. Perhaps the old guard had started to die off, and with their days ending a new generation of those whom had eaten the forbidden fruits had risen. Of particular interest to Vittoria was the electric generation capacity of Simba, and the explosive powers of Terra. Her own power was of mild interest but she knew much about it already from experimentation. Reaching into her bag a soft finger grazed the spine of that sought after tome. However before she could fully grip the text and pull it out for reading a voice asked for her. I suppose it's far too much to ask for some peace and quiet around here from time to time isn't it? The voice belonged to a woman by the sound of it, though it was not one that she had heard before. Despite her annoyance at being interrupted, Vittoria did suspect this encounter might not entirely be a waste of time as based on the other female's pronunciation and tone she sounded quite formal and thus above the common rabble. Pink and brown eyes looked up from her bag to see the quite well dressed fellow marine that had addressed her. Red hair, powerful forehead, and quite well dressed. Is she an officer? Her eyes scanned for an indicator of such a position but she did not find one, in particular she did not bear the white coat pf justice. Having never seen the redhead among the other research division staff before she could only assume that the woman was from one of the various combat divisions. Thus the information that they were to work together from now on was quite interesting, perhaps her work down at the library had finally been recognized and now she was being given an assignment in the field. Such a role would most likely present far more opportunities for advancement than simple book work. From what she understood research division field staff tended to rise in rank right along side their combat commanders. Hopefully this relationship bore good fruits.

Smiling politely, Vittoria got up from her seat after Luka finished speaking. "Chief Petty Officer Vittoria Vance of the research division at your service. I look forward to working with you mam." Unsure of her new partner's rank the woman had answered quite formally even though she personally may have been inclined to stay seated and merely acknowledge the other woman's presence far less formally. Still it helped to present this by the book appearance around other marines. At any rate she assumed that she would either be told Luka's rank soon or receive assignment papers which contained such information later. Meaning it didn't concern her too much for now. There was something else that was on her mind however. "If you don't mind the inquiry, do you know why they assigned me rather than someone from a combat role?" It probably wasn't the most important question in the world, rather Vittoria was simply curious. Either way she almost actually looked forward to working with this other woman. Someone of such professional dress was unlikely to be a dumb brute like so many of the men from the enlisted ranks she'd encounter while living on this wretched base.

Stats

Active Effects

Passives:

Words

This post: 592
Current Total: 592
Quotes

Ryunosuke Ryusei

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:27 pm
    User ImageUser Image

Luka was greeted with a smile as she looked at the other young woman who greeted her with her name, rank, and position within the Marines. She had only then realized her own rank had not been stated, which was unusual for her actually. Though she must have been under the incorrect impression that her would be partner had already been fully debriefed about the current situation. She'd nod as the other woman spoke and seemed to be fairly proper much like herself. That seemed to be a more and more uncommon trait in Marines lately. "I apologize, I did not mention my own rank as well. I was recently promoted to the same position as yourself, which may have something to do with our assignment together." She began to speak, still sounding like she was reporting to an officer. "As for our assignment together, it seems to be something along the lines of mixing varying talents together in teams to test their ability to work in groups. There are others being paired off with alternate skill sets as well as ourselves. I'm assuming its about working in groups and with others that don't share your same set of talents and experiences to evaluate our ability to work better in groups and as a whole." She spoke as officially as ever as she gave her suspected reasoning for the assignment. "I'm skilled with a blade and strategic combat application unofficially speaking. What about yourself?" She asked her, voice calming down slightly as she tried to get a bit less formal now.

Words in post: [261] Current total: [746]

Naomi Tenkou

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

Over Yandere

Obsessive Lover

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Ѵι†αℓ Ș†α†s]

Ah so they were currently of equal footing in terms of military rank. Such a strange situation this was, but then it seemed that much of the world made little sense save for a few truths. Beyond that it seemed as if this assignment was rather banal at the moment. Simple group exercises most likely meant to expand the mind. Perhaps such small pairings would lead into larger group exercises later. It might be nice to be assigned to a vessel instead of being stuck on base all the time. As for Luka's particular skills it seemed as though the guess of combat personal was correct. Skill with a blade could be a useful talent and such a thing had more than been demonstrated as a useful implement of warfare in the past. Though what the woman meant exactly by strategic combat application was lost on Vittoria. Hopefully it would become apparent in due time. "In terms of combat I'm certified with our standard issue pistol, though I don't really have much field experience. You see I'm an archaeologist by education and since joining the navy I've mostly dealt with research and occasionally code breaking. Most of the work is just translating old texts or cross referencing information." Such things probably sounded terribly boring to Luka, as they were in fact quite boring. Up until this point in her career all of Vittoria's official actions as a marine had largely been academic and essentially as a book reading drone. It wasn't until recently that she was able to secure some promotions and rise a little higher in the ranks. Now she had some of her own subordinates even if she still didn't really get to do much. "I've actually never had to discharge my weapon in the line of duty if you can believe it." That last bit wasn't entirely a lie, it was true that she'd never used the pistol at her hip in any official marine capacity.

She had other skills of course, namely the power to convert matter into ice cream but she didn't yet have much control over those abilities and for now it was probably best if such power remained a secret. It'd be preferable to remain within the research division as an unassuming intellectual rather than chasing pirates around the blue or heaven forbid it, the Grand Line. If fate should take her there so be it but Vittoria had no desire to set out on such a journey. Well maybe if such a think had a promise of academic fame and a significant finding which could elevate the Vance family name. Then she would be more than okay with such a journey. One thing at a time though. "Perhaps we should get to know each other while we wait for a more specific assignment?"

Stats

Active Effects

Passives:

Words

This post: 471
Current Total: 1,063
Quotes

Ryunosuke Ryusei

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:12 pm
    User ImageUser Image

The redhead would nod and listen as her new partner started to explain her own abilities. She was a more long range fighter it seemed given her usage of a pistol, though hearing that she was essentially entirely new to field work was unexpected. Luka blinked even as she was told that Vittoria had never even fired off her own gun officially for the sake of Marine work. As someone who was only given field work, it was unlikely that Luka was about to suddenly be made to do research and book keeping suddenly so the intent must have been to get Vittoria out of the library and get her adjusted to doing more physical work instead of mental by pairing her with a fighter. Though Luka could gain plenty of knowledge and support from her new ally as well. "It seems like the near opposite of myself really. I've only ever been assigned field work such as patrol work or training with other Marines and things like that. Since having myself switch into a job like yours seems inefficient by any logical standards, I can only assume that they are meaning for you to get into doing more field work instead, hence your partnership with me now." She paused, still standing before her partner in crime fighting before she continued. "Assuming that is the case, I am fully willing to help acclimate you to combat in our spare time together if you like. I'll admit that I'm not much with a gun myself, but I can teach you how to use an extra sword if you like. You can also use me as target practice with your pistol as well." She'd pause at first, before realizing that such an offer likely sounded ridiculous out of context. "Sorry, I mean that I can be a moving target for you, though I would simply be deflecting the shots with my own blade to help you improve. And assuming nothing is classified on your end, I wouldn't mind hearing about anything you'd like to share as well."

Words in post: [345] Current total: [1,091]

Naomi Tenkou

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

Over Yandere

Obsessive Lover

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Ѵι†αℓ Ș†α†s]

Luka was probably correct about their superiors not intending her to be doing logistical or otherwise academic work. Especially considering that technically everyone within the navy was supposed to be able to fight it did seem as though the supposition that Vittoria was to become more acquainted with work in the field, or even combat, was the far more logical idea. Even if it was a pointless waste of time since she was already a proficient killer. But such was the life of a duplicitous woman hiding behind a persona of innocence. The Vittoria on record was not a killer, nor even experienced with a gun. She had academic credentials and some work in the archaeology field, but little else to her name. There was her marksman certification but that was simply on the range, just target shooting really. "What you're saying definitely holds merit, it seems to me as well that they intend for me to learn how to operate in the field or at least in a support capacty to combat personnel."

The offer to assist in additional training was quite amusing since she already knew how to fight, but it might prove prudent to "learn how" so that in the future she could be a little bit less reserved about things. Though learning to fight with a sword was probably not going to work, in the past she'd found them to be too heavy and also cumbersome. Hence why she preferred a lightweight pistol instead. However the offer to be a live target actually took her somewhat by surprise, it wasn't everyday that someone offered such a thing. Luka must have been quite skilled with a sword to feel confident enough to have live bullets shot at her for practice. "Are you certain? That sounds really dangerous." her voice was filled with concern but behind the veneer of a caring dedicated marine was a woman simply one more concerned about how it would look if her comrade failed to block a shot.

"Oh well most of what I do isn't all that classified, I'm afraid I don't have the kind of clearance for that type of stuff yet. For awhile all I did was check the work of others, you know track down their citation and make sure it was accurate. The Navy is actually surprisingly concerned about he preservation of history though I don't know why they would be. Well other than you know it's intrinsic value and the love of its pursuit from nerds such as myself." Though she didn't actually know the real reason for their keen interest in history Vittoria did know that controlling access to information was perhaps one basis of their efforts, and the other could have been the search for mysteries of the past for ends that had to do with maintaining power. Only time and a higher rank would really tell at this stage of the game.

Stats

Active Effects

Passives:

Words

This post: 488
Current Total: 1,551
Quotes

Ryunosuke Ryusei

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:33 pm
    User ImageUser Image

Her new ally agreed with her about the logic of her prediction for their assignment as a 'team' of sorts. It was good to be around someone that was both intelligent and somewhat more active in their apparent sense of duty. Unlike a certain lazy a** doctor she could name. She'd likely need to train with Vittoria to get used to how she fought and possibly work out coordinated attack patterns with her. She'd need to get used to the way she moved and understand the limits of her abilities first and foremost and a friendly spar, or using herself as target practice was a quick way to understand her comrade's limits. "I am quite certain, I've deflected bullets before in real combat so I should be just fine." She confirmed her idea to the other at first as she listened to the basic gist of Vittorias own duties around the base. They sounded both boring and very tedious honestly as she nodded. However she was not given a chance to respond as both of their Den Den Mushis rang out an alarm from the South Blue. Torino Kingdom was currently under attack as she looked at the mushi and immediately responded to the call. "This is Chief Petty Officer Luka Scarlet, I'll be there with Chief Petty Officer Vittoria Vance as soon as we can!" She spoke into the mushi as she looked at Vittoria and nodded. "Training will have to wait it seems. We'll consider this a crash course I suppose, but I think seeing one another in a real battle will help us understand the other's capabilities faster so we can make a more effective team." She spoke firmly, but quickly as she turned on her heel to head towards the docks and the two could make their way towards Torino.

Words in post: [304] Current total: [1,395]

Naomi Tenkou

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

Over Yandere

Obsessive Lover

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Ѵι†αℓ Ș†α†s]

Hearing that her new partner had deflected bullets before while in actual combat was an intriguing piece of information. Such a feat would require either skill above that of an average wielder of the sword or great luck. Both options presented valuable traits and in conjunction, they could be a force to be reckoned with. Aside from her potential skill with a blade, their differences in style were all the more beneficial in that they covered each other's weakness so to speak. Luka was clearly adept at fighting close range with a sword while Vittoria certainly had an edge in ranged combat. Well ranged so far as she could accurately shoot with a pistol. It wasn't actually that far away in all honesty. Things to work on she supposed. However before she could reply to her partner's confirmation that training would be okay to perform, their den den mushi's went off simultaneously with a call to aid Torino Kingdom. Apparently being quite the duty bound woman, Luka responded by volunteering the both of them as first responders. Irritating, but perhaps a boon in disguise. Capturing some pirates engaged in raiding could present just the kind of kick start in her career that she'd been looking for. It was well known that the navy rewarded results. "Right, I'll do my best to assist you. With any luck this will be a clean mission." Following Luka swiftly, Vittoria headed for her personal boat. [Exit]

Stats

Active Effects

Passives:

Words

This post: 241
Current Total: 1,792
Quotes

Ryunosuke Ryusei

Quote:

Mᴀʀɪɴᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Bᴀsᴇ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers