azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 pm
"Y'want the scenic route or getting there quicker?" he asked. Gloom apparently liked politeness, rolling over in Rabbit's arms to stretch on his back and then settled once more.

Smerdle
on the topic of being eaten by shadows ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:29 pm
"Oh, quicker definitely. Not that scenic is bad, but... how do we even do quicker?"

azuredreams
c:

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:22 pm
Darkness rose around them, shadows pulled in from everywhere. It almost seemed like a flood at Rabbit's feet. Gloom's eyes were two white pinpricks of light in the blackness that made up his form.

"Y'just hold onto Gloom," he replied, the swish of his tail felt and then the shadows surged up and swallowed them both.

When they pulled back, there was a steady thrum of life all around them. The heavy greenery of the other ashdown hospital surrounded them and a gaping chasm directly in front that took up most of the floor.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:14 am
Panic flickered in Rabbit's chest and he squeezed the marten a little tighter, fighting the light in him that threatened to counter the shadows. It was the first time it had tried to disobey since it had manifested after the ball, but it listened and calmed shortly after, disappearing completely as they arrived.

Even though he had been in Heliodora's glade, he never quite believed there were parts of the other world that could be like this. Rabbit eyed the length of the chasm warily, not wanting to fall into another time loop if he could help it.

"What's with the hole?" He pat at Gloom's shoulder blades, a belated apology for squishing him.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:09 pm
Thankfully Gloom was shadows on this side and squishing him was not so much a problem as he seemed to sink in and then around Rabbit's arms. The shadow marten nosed at the noble's arm in apology for the sudden trip, glancing towards the hole and then back up at Rabbit.

"We go down, that's where we can meet the Healer." His tail swished and flicked, a glowing orb of darkness appearing and illuminating what looked like a leafy path interlinked with spider webbing that just appeared.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:27 am
"We go down," Rabbit repeated. Of course they did.

"Okay." He chuckled, and if it was a little hysterical, he hoped Gloom didn't notice. "If I die, tell my sister I love her. And..." He was never quite sure who he could tell about the sirens, who might want to take them, so even though he sincerely doubted this creature was one of the ones who might harm them, he kept them a secret anyway. Meeting a dying siren was one thing, taking a couple of them home quite another. "...my kids too."

He started forward, tempted to lift himself off of the ground as he had in the past but ultimately dismissing the thought. He didn't think hovering was any sort of threat, especially not to one called The Healer, but you could never be too careful.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:49 pm
"Y'won't die," Gloom told him as they descended. The dark light that he created showed their path, as it spiraled down and down. "Gloom will keep y'safe and get y'out of here if something happens. Besides, s'nice, the Healer. Bad things can't be here."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 pm
Rabbit nodded, then said, "Yes," when he wasn't sure if the nod had been seen. "It feels safe. But still. Sometimes I think I'm safe and I'm not." He squinted a bit at the webbing, trying to determine what it was. "Thanks for keeping me out of trouble."

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:45 pm
"Gloom tries to keep all his friends safe." Just leave out how sometimes trouble was fun. Gloom was watching Rabbit as he squinted.

"The spiders make this path," he told him, "but only when the Healer is taking visitors."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:32 am
The knowledge that he was traversing a path spun by spiders felt more fitting than frightening, and Rabbit nodded shallowly with approval.

"The doctor is in."

He continued walking.

"So, is there any way I should be greeting the Healer? Bowing or not looking directly at it or something?"

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:28 pm
They were down at the bottom soon enough, Gloom still a rolling, stretching gathering of shadow in Rabbit's arms. "No, y'just have to be polite. Gloom thinks it goes by Georg? Thinks. Healer is fine too."

A crystalline cavern was before them with softly glowing crystals and small, wispy spiders traveling along them every so often. In the center of it was a stone slab, a deis, upon which there was a small form.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:17 am
Georg? Weird. Rabbit decided he'd probably stick to Healer, for simplicity's sake.

He kept moving forward, pausing only briefly in response to the floaty arachnids. Actually seeing them was only about half a level of creepy higher than appreciating their handiwork, and he was more interested in the crystals and the stone table anyway. He stepped closer, shifting Gloom's nebulous weight in his grasp and narrowing his eyes so he might better see what was on the slab.

azuredreams
i cackled

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:26 pm
Whatever it was, it was spider-like. It had a humanoid features but they were mixed with that of a spider. It barely was a foot tall, sitting many legs crossed on the slab while it was weaving strands of webbing together.

Black eyes (note this plural means more than two) glanced up at those that approached and hands stopped their work.

Gloom waved a paw from Rabbit's arms in greeting only for two arms to be waved in greeting back.

Smerdle
no lie i had to rewrite this three times because of PC freezes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:30 pm
Rabbit watched the othercreatures greet each other with a slowly growing smile, despite the creepiness of who he presumed was the Healer. It was all starting to come together—the webbed paths, the mention of following 'the smaller ones'—and while he wasn't strictly wary of insects that weren't actively trying to bite or sting him, he couldn't deny the spider man was a little weird.

"Healer?" he asked, nodding a greeting of his own. "It's nice to meet you."

azuredreams
boooo PC ;;

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:55 pm
A was was inclined towards Rabbit, a small sweep of one of it's arms gesturing for him to sit. "The ... pleasure is mine, I believe they say." The words were spoken softly and a little slowly, as if the being was not used to speaking but also not used to speaking the way it was.

"What has you seeking me?" it asked. Meanwhile, Gloom slithered out of Rabbit's arms and was currently perusing the shinies that were around. If there were any. (This case did look like a loot cavern if there ever was one.)

Smerdle

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces