Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ
Questions and Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:11 pm
While I don't have a marine, I find it to be a bit counter productive for full guild progression/activity if the Marines are forced to stay back at base and not travel around, just to be alerted if something is happening somewhere. Since they do have the alert den den mushi, shouldn't it be possible for the announcers to contact them/send out a transmission to all available forces? That way, the marines can still travel around and make progress, while also still having access to doing their jobs.

PS. Some anonymous individuals would like me to inform you of your less than savory hair lines. Forgive me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:28 pm
So you can use your character's from the other guild for exp and item? Or how does that work. Also since the guild was closed I can't get the poster of my two characters (so unsure if i can even do the event)  

PonderingPenguin

Lonely Humorist

12,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100

Steel Lapin

Magnetic Bunny

10,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:11 pm
Loners are presently pre-pirate, Merc, or marine. This is lame really. There are many more options for factions. For example: Merchants, Explorers, Cartographers, whatever. Most important two are Merchants and Explorers instead of Loner.

Merchant gets to travel and gain beli by delivering and selling merch. Much like missions and raids and such, gotta write words to sell s**t. Instead of a bounty, their net worth per run increases with successes, making then raid targets for pirates.

Explorerers have a central guild, kinda like Marines, but to share information and knowledge on routes, religions, and ruins. They get a stipend ever week for exploration activities on various islands, and get bonuses when row events are completed later.

See. Neutral options for people that don't wanna be combat whores and still have fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:00 pm
I have a question/suggestion that may not work out for balance reasons but. Why do people who get a meito sword (and higher grade swords) get a boost in stats? Shouldn't they only get a boost in stat when using the sword for a technique? An example of what I am wondering is. If I got punched in the face by swordsman why would his sword give him more damage to the punch?  

PonderingPenguin

Lonely Humorist

12,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100

Jubellation

Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:12 pm
So for Cyborgs. Do you have to start off as a Cyborg, or can you also become a Cyborg later down the line if one wished?

If the former is the case, I'd like to suggest the latter as an alternate option. It'd be the same thing, you can't have a DF, or be of any other sub race.

Didn't see the place at first. Alot of things aren't labeled.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:32 am
Are flashbacks/dream sequences subject to the word multiplier from interacting with someone else? Like if you had a dream sequence and in the same post woke up and started interacting with another character, would that only work for the words spent interacting or would it work for the entire post?  

Bisquix

Shirtless Genius

Steel Lapin

Magnetic Bunny

10,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:55 pm
Since I can't seem to really be able to point out my logic, and I am not getting anyone else's, I am just going to put it here since >some< people like to instead of be constructive and help me see their point of view, like to insult me.

So. Current stats as they described are listed in the spoiler.

Power: This stat is the deciding factor for damage and strength behind techniques and all other forms of attacking that don't go past a 15ft range.

Endurance: This stat decides the strength of your defensive techniques. It also serves to gauge the number of uses your techniques have and how many passives you can have active at once. For every 20 Endurance you are allowed to have one more passive active outside of your Starter Techniques. This stat also increases the amount of health you have by a 4:1 ratio (every 4 Endurance = 1 Health Point.)

Speed: Speed determines the overall speed of your character, their attacks, and all the movements they make.

Intelligence: This stat decides the overall offensive power of all Custom items such as swords, guns, inventions, cyborg parts, etc.

Accuracy: This stat determines the damage of all attacks that go past a range of 15ft. This stat also increases your range by a 10:1 ratio (every 10 Accuracy = 1 foot.)

My understanding of this is as it stands now.

Any attack within 15ft is fueled by power UNLESS it is an invention or firearm. Then it is Int or Acc. With me? Not hard yet. Thrown weaponry or shockwave based attacks could arguable be power, as it is muscular or bodily strength that generates the possible damage, though the ability to aim should factor in that as well. Not hard yet.

But wait...any invention uses intelligence? Maybe if it was a damage booster on a weapon or firearm, as the core of the invention is a weapon. It should still use Power or Accuracy as the basis of its damage. Considering that most forging pots have an Int upgrade, it seems that it should originally be intended this way. A high grade weapon with a unique mechanic (say flames or lighting edged) should, when the mechanic is engaged, get a damage bonus based on the intelligence of the creator at the start, then normal stat buff rules.

As it stands, that isn't how it would operate. It would be a complete switch from Pow or Acc to Int to calculate damage for these weapon based inventions. So this means an int based character literally has the entire world in his hands, while the moment you get something custom made as a weapon, you are SOL without Int. This makes very little sense.

Granted, making ammunition with a unique function, or a one off item (bombs and their ilk) make some sense, as it is the mechanics aspects itself that deal damage, not the user. I mean, my logic isn't terrible all things considered, and most games with magic weaponry or enchant-able gear usually gets a bonus to it, but still function as the core weapon. There is a precedent set for this kind of scenario.

Also, as a completely arbitrary but perhaps easy to clarify thing, swap out Dexterity and Accuracy as terms for their definition. Accuracy makes more sense as the ability to target a fast moving target, while Dex determines capabilities with ranged weaponry. Again, precedent has been set.

For anyone curious as to the precedent I am talking about: Dungeons and Dragons. Not previous OP guilds. D&D.

With that ever so minor change, it becomes infinitely more clear and easy to see that Accuracy CAN apply to all ranged or melee attacks, while Dex is the realm of ranged, and Power is the realm of melee. Your ability to target at range is still Dex, even when throwing something because: Hand-Eye Coordination. Granted, D&D allows thrown weaponry to use strength or dex. It also allows finesse weaponry (things like rapier, daggers, shortswords) to be off dex, as it would be a precision vs power style. But that could just further complicate the simple stat system already up.

All in all, this is my current understanding and suggestions for clarity or balancing inventions and other such things within the guilds current combat system. It would render Int a situational damage source, and focus more on Accuracy or Dexterity, turning it into a proper secondary statistic, much like Endurance and Speed really are, as their effects are more passive instead of active.

Edit: Perhaps one of the most pertinent methods I can do to showcase the Int for inventions is the custom I recently submitted. Reiterpallasch's only mechanics is to switch between gun or sword forms. Nothing more or less. As it stands, with the current system, it would solely use Int as a source of damage, when it should be a hybrid Acc/Pow weapon. As stated before, this is implied through the word use. Some subtle changes in definition should clear that up and revert my weapon to the form it is supposed to be: Hybrid Acc/Pow weapon for multiple range engagements.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:38 pm
Basic draft for a ship based system for in combat purposes and junk. other adjustments can be made to ships and shipwrights can be enabled to make changes as well like stronger cannons, mid combat repairs, and things like that.

Quote:
Ship System

Defense and Durability
All ships will have a base [Defense] against attacks and a base amount of [Durability] based upon their size and the materials used to create them.

Lone Man Boat: 25 Base Defense, 100 Durability.
Pesky Ship: 50 Base Defense, 300 Durability.
Average Ship: 75 Base Defense, 500 Durability.
Large Ship: 100 Base Defense, 800 Durability.
Galleon: 150 Base Defense, 1,500 Durability.

Sailing speeds
All ships sail by default based upon wind power, but without any modifications to them, all ships will sail at approximately a speed of 100 at the base level when winds are favorable. Ship speed is cut by half when wind conditions are not ideal though this may be ignored with fabricated winds by the crew.

On deck weaponry
All average ships and larger are equipped with a set of cannons by default for use in navel battles. Each cannon must be manned by a separate person under normal conditions and may be fired once every post. Cannonballs will each deal a specific amount of damage based on the ship it was installed in and will also ignore the Defense of an enemy ship they fire upon when determining damage. Any operator will increase the offensive power of these cannons by 1 for every 4 points of Accuracy that they have, however a Marksman will raise the power by 1 for every 2 points of Accuracy that they have.

Average Ship: 2 Cannons on each side. Base power of 50.
Large Ship: 4 Cannons on each side plus 2 front facing and 2 rear facing cannons. Base power of 100.
Galleon: 6 Cannons on each side plus 3 front facing and 3 rear facing cannons. Base Power of 200.

Adjustments or Add-Ons
Certain additions may be employed to augment a ships natural stats and capabilities both in and out of combat. These are the ones normally available barring Shipwright customs.

Channel Zero: Needed to travel through the Calm Belt without a Marine Battleship, this will allow a ship to travel without any winds at all and gives the vessel a base Speed of 200 when there non-favorable or no winds at all. When used with sails in favorable winds, the ship will then move at a Sped of 300 instead.

Treasure Tree Adam Wood: When this is used to construct a ship, it will be many times more durable and resistant to damage of any kind, let alone destruction. Ships made from this will not catch fire, do lose lose their Defense vs cannonballs, and even quadruple the base Defense of the ship by size. Durability will be doubled.

Shipwright Crafting
All shipwrights inherently can construct a ship of their own by scratch, allowing them to simply get a basic vessel cheaper, or drop extra time and money into a wider range of customization for their ship. Below is the Beli costs, Experience required and construction posting requirements to create the base ship.

Lone Man Boat: 12,500 Beli / 500 Words / 0 Experience
Pesky Ship: 75,000 Beli / 750 Words / 150,000 Experience
Average Ship: 150,000 Beli / 1,00 Words / 300,000 Experience
Large Ship: 250,000 Beli / 1,500 Words / 450,000 Experience
Galleon: Half beli cost / 2,000 / 600,000 Experience / May be built after entering the Grand Line

Custom Weaponry
Average and Larger ships will also be equipped with the default in cannons as determined above, however these weapons may be replaced with customized versions instead by the Shipwright, or a Scientist to be installed by said Shipwright. Any crafted custom weapon will be made like any normal custom item, however the base Power of these weapons will be based upon 1/2 the creator's Intelligence and will still be increased by the Accuracy of the one firing it in a naval battle.

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

Jubellation

Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:12 pm
Can an Anti-Devil possess a weapon that has "eaten" a fruit?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:44 pm
Jubellation

Yes, but it currently is only available for Marines of Captain Rank and higher (Through Vegapunks Laboratory). Plus, you would have to find a way to gain this fruit considering AD-Humans can not enter the The Great Maw.  

Acuroi

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:14 am
Question. 3nodding As far as Logia go. I have the Hie Hie no mi. I am this guild's Ice logia. 3nodding What can all Logia do with their Logia fruits. Without having actual techniques yet? Like what can we do and what are our limits? 3nodding We obviously cannot Logia Phase. But can we attack, and can we control our element to some minimum? I want to fight, but I don't have any techniques yet. I want to know what I can do right now without any techniques. With the Chill Chill Fruit 3nodding

Motherglare

Sahana Kurumi

Lerry Jive

Panda King Tai-tai Grim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:03 pm
Second question. Can my friend change his race?? He wants a Devil Fruit now with a character. Is he allowed to change it out of Anti Devil Fruit once??? sweatdrop  

Tentaigo

Lerry Jive

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:19 pm
Tentaigo
Question. 3nodding As far as Logia go. I have the Hie Hie no mi. I am this guild's Ice logia. 3nodding What can all Logia do with their Logia fruits. Without having actual techniques yet? Like what can we do and what are our limits? 3nodding We obviously cannot Logia Phase. But can we attack, and can we control our element to some minimum? I want to fight, but I don't have any techniques yet. I want to know what I can do right now without any techniques. With the Chill Chill Fruit 3nodding

Motherglare

Sahana Kurumi

Lerry Jive

Panda King Tai-tai Grim

Absolutely nothing. You don't have a tech to do it. Your abilities can not be used.

Also your regarding your friend. We can work something out once he/she brings it up himself/herself and we can know the full details.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:02 pm
Can we transfer characters from Boundless Seas?

Jubellation

Genius

Motherglare
Crew

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:51 pm
Jubellation
Can we transfer characters from Boundless Seas?

No, the transfer is only valid from Reckage's guild.  
Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff