Submit

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:06 pm
Alexis gave a little surprised squeak when Nasir encircled them in his arms, almost bristling for a second -- even after these months, not an unfair amount of time, they still weren't used to it. Like it was all a joke, like somehow his affection wasn't sincere.

They knew it was, but it was a hard thought to shake.

"You drive a hard bargain, Nasir," they murmured, tipping their head back to gaze at the sky. "Can't argue with that kinda deal."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:19 pm
Nasir might have chuckled at the squeak but instead it was hidden. Even through the bristle he remained, even if his grip loosened some. He leaned back to look at them, glancing up at the sky as well and then back down.

"It comes with no strings attached and nothing required, so you really can't." He paused. "Also all the food you can eat. That you like and want." A pretty big deal that. His hand smoothed out their hair, checking to see if it was drying. "Everything has been stressful, so you need at least a few minutes where nothing matters."

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:02 pm
Alexis' hair was drying, if slowly; they would have needed to actively focus to keep it wet, and doing that and keeping it any semblance of natural-looking was infinitely beyond them. Detail work of anything more than basest complexity didn't come naturally, after all.

"I'm not stressed," they protested, in the tone of someone who knew it wouldn't be believed. "Look at me -- d'I look stressed?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:56 pm
"Not in the slightest," Nasir says with a chuckle, playing along just a little bit. He smooths his fingers through their hair and leans back to look them over.

"How about we head inside and I'll brush and braid your hair? Your choice of drink, alcoholic or otherwise, and we'll figure out the rest of the night from there."

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:35 pm
The gentlest little huff of breath. It's okay to be soft; to let their weapon down. They have to keep remembering that Nasir would never hurt them, has never hurt them - sometimes it's just hard to remember.

"...careful now. Any nicer, I'll have to tell Wil you're cheatin' on him."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:06 pm
Nasir laughs, something warm and happy, and nudges Alexis a little bit before he shifts to stand.

"You could but I'll still be just as nice." He offers his hand to them, meaning for them to bring the blanket with. "Besides, I found some sea-colored ribbon that I was thinking I could braid into your hair ..." Absolutely would too.

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:18 pm
Alexis doesn't laugh, not like that, not in any way that matches Nasir -- but their huff is warm, and the semblance of a throaty laugh slips through their lips. When Nasir is happy, it's hard to not be happy too; he has that effect on them. (Zac is the same way, too. And so was Harper, once. The people they care about the most, would do anything for, can make them happy too just by being content.)

(It's a good regulator, in the bad times. They can't be sorry they live here, even on their worst days.)

"What, sea colored? I'll be makin' everyone at Darlene's jealous tomorrow during my shift if I walk in with your ribbons in my hair." They stand, a fluid motion, stretching and letting their joints crack loudly. "Next thing you know, I'll be sittin' on the beach and singing and eating sailors or some s**t."

[quote="azuredreams]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:00 pm
Nasir laughs more, mostly because he can tell that Alexis is trying in that way that means his mood has affected them. "I suppose to real question is do you really want to be picking sailors from your teeth? Would they even be tasty?."

He shakes his head, a little morbidly amused at his own joke, as he opens up the hatch that leads back inside.

"Either way," he says as he steps down inside and waits for them at the bottom of the step-stairs with a hand offered, "you'll definitely make people jealous."

Daekie
wanna wrap on your next post?

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:02 am
"I'll eat a sailor, I don't give a s**t," Alexis asserts, their lips quirking in a half-smile. "Gonna be salty from all that time spent on the sea, right? They'll just taste like really wet beef jerky, probably." (They might have put some sleepless-nights thought into this. It's a perfectly reasonable thing to think about.)

Stepping down the stairs, they take Nasir's hand lightly, and have no response to his compliments but a dip of the head and the reddening of their ears in the beginning of a blush. It's a good day.

azuredreams
wraperino finito!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas