[PRP] out to lunch (preacher & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:55 am
Her head popped back out. "It's kinda dark in here. You got a light?" Preacher had her phone but, even now that she lived in a house with electricity, found herself vaguely dreading wearing the battery out.

"D'you think there's food?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:20 pm
Jeremiah, looking in, could see just fine even with the dark. While it looked as if his eyes glowed, they were actually reflecting light back and he blinked a couple times before nodding. With a gesture of his fingers, then a flick of his hand, an orb of light appeared. Another gesture, as if he was pushing it, and it went off towards the ceiling where it hovered in the air and illuminated.

He had to look away a moment before he could look back. The last time he had done something like that- Autumn had just gotten out of the hospital and they were exploring the strange things that inhabited it. "Probably is, as I remember that this was one of the places we looked when we were trapped here, but it's going to be bland. Only Court food really has any flavor."

Then, further inside and seeing that it looked like a hodgepodge of rrstaurant styles, he looked back to Preacher. "I can get us back over without a problem."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:32 pm
"Lame," she groused. "Y'think magic s**t land would have good food or somethin'. Like ********, it ain't even rain here anymore - why the ********." She'd caught the tell-tale flash of his creepy glowy eyes and it was just so cool it soured her mood a bit. Everyone could do all this cool s**t, but all she could do was change into a danger noodle sometimes.

"D'you think s**t changed here, too, 'cause of the sigil s**t?" She looked up at him for a second, then shifted into a mink and scurried under a counter. She wanted food, but she hadn't been here much and liked being too damn nosy.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 pm
"It seems to have a normal weather pattern now, aside from being the opposite season. I'm still looking around for other changes," Jeremiah replied, watching as Preacher changed and disappeared. "There might be something stashed behind the bar. I know Borr keeps snacks back there but - again - probably bland. The only time I've ever had food that tasted good here was at the masquerade at Court."

He was silent a moment, looking around. There was a dim light that flickered from the kitchen and was visible from the pass bar but otherwise the only illumination was the light he had made. The booths were all empty and one table was broken in two.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:28 pm
Preacher popped back up, in human form. "Not bein' able to ********' talk like that ain't useful." She shook her hair behind her shoulders. "Didn't see nothin' here." A shame, that. Darlene's was just kind of boring in bullshit land. The real thing had dogs and people and food.

"Did ya notice ya magic changin' after the, uh... sigil thing? Like I said I can diff'rent junk n' it's weird." She looked around, dissatisfied. "I guess if ya know a way out, we can jolt."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:03 pm
"Given that anything is possible on this side, we might be able to work some kind of spell or magic that would give you a voice but ..." Jeremiah trailed off, looking around himself and noticing that there really was not much to this side of Darlene's (though he thought there was a trail in some dust that just went on and on and on). "So far as I'm aware that type of change we'd have to be particularly careful to work with."

He looked back to her at the mention of magic changing and getting back. "Different junk?" The way she phrased it he wasn't quite sure what he meant. "As for me? Yes, there was a change in my magic after we got back though I don't know if that's because of the new sigil or if that's because of using so much of it holding the door."

Approaching Preacher, he gestured for her to come closer. "I can get us back but you do need to be in proximity to me." Jeremiah shook his head. "I could only do this for myself before we returned, so it's one of the things that has changed."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:47 pm
"That would be ********' useful," she mused. "N' by different junk, I mean I can make like... lil sigils, I guess. I don't entirely get why, but it just makes sense." Preacher shrugged and came towards him. "Like I know what to write to make sure paper ain't tear." Maybe she could do a sigil for animal speech... she scrunched up her nose in thought.

Then, she shook herself free of thoughts. "Like by proximity d'you mean I gotta koala onta ya or can I just...stand nearby?" She looked less than pleased and hoped sincerely she did not have to do something weird like hold hands.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:02 pm
"That is actually incredibly powerful if you can understand sigils, even just a little bit. Especially on the fly." Jeremiah had a loose understatement of sigils and glyphs but the way he worked magic did not deal with that.

It was something that he was learning, along with a pile of other things because he had stepped into the shoes of someone who had more understanding of magic than he did.

There was a chuckle from him before he just made a gesture with his hand. "Stand nearby, Preacher, not hold hands."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:53 pm
"I dunno." She shrugged. Preacher was pretty sure she wasn't that powerful. "It just makes sense now. Like even the big one makes more sense, though I don't get all the ********' side effects. That's why I keep buggin' people 'bout it." She picked her way over to stand next to Mercer.

"So what d'you do - like make a door or somethin' flashy?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:06 pm
"It's useful," he told her, "very useful. Though I do admit it's a bit odd to not see the old sigil emblazoned over here as much as it used to be ..."

Jeremiah shook his head before he raised an eyebrow. "Nothing flashy, not like the other things you've seen me do." His fingers wiggled and there was coldfire above them briefly before it flickered out of existence, just as the light that he he summoned did. It was, for her, just a breath in and a breath out - a split-second blink - and they were behind Darlene's.

Back in Ashdown proper.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:17 pm
"Well," she said, after a moment. "That ain't flashy at all. Have y'ever phased inta a wall?" Preacher patted herself down; all bits survived the odd teleport.

Blinking, she looked up at him, wondering how he got so much magical talent. Probably 'cause he was old, she decided. "Did that old sigils used ta be up everywhere? N' why ain't the new ones; I worked hard on that s**t."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:45 pm
"A couple times? Mostly in other ashdown and when I was trying things out." Jeremiah let out a huff, somewhat amused that she, of course, would not consider that flashy at all. It was the least flashy thing he could do but the most powerful.

"It was," he replied. "A bright, vivid red that was everywhere. At one point it ended up painted on this building and the police department as well. I'm sure, given time, it may start to show."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:54 pm
She was thoroughly impressed by the teleportation, but it wasn't a thing she could even imagine herself doing, so she didn't bother him too much about the HOW and the BUT WHAT IFs. "Well, damn. How come tha new one ain't up now, though?" Maybe, with a spray can and determination, she could rectify that. Preacher was kind of proud of the sgil they'd all made, mainly because she helped make it and it was the thing keeping things mostly together, so... But not red. Sea foam green or something.

At that point, her stomach grumbled loudly. "Should we go in before we, of all people, get tha cops called on us for loiterin'?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:33 pm
Jeremiah let out a huff, a near laugh, before he nodded. "I don't think either Borr or Killian would do that but we should get in before too long." Lunch breaks weren't forever even if you were the boss.

He paused in his steps as they walked around to head inside, his head tilting towards Preacher. "Doesn't mean it isn't, just means I've not seen it yet. It represents the cage now, so that means we'll likely see it manifest in all sorts of ways."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:48 pm
Preacher snorted. She doubted that Borr would hesitate to call the cops on people.

She frowned. "I keep feelin' like we ******** it up somewhere, y'know? Like this ain't any better'n tha last."

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces