Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:21 pm
Copacetic

Weak tease or not, Jamie huffed anyway, poofing his cheeks and crossing his arms. It wasn't legitimate grumpiness, of course, but playing along had been hardwired into him since he met and grew close to Shiloh.

"It's not that I don't wanna be alone," he assured, but quickly shuffled off to the closet for a change of clothes. Unlike Shiloh, sleeping in jeans wasn't Jamie's thing. "Okay, maybe I don't wanna be alone. Is that so bad?" Putting on his best pout while he put on his pj bottoms, he tried to look innocent and pitiable.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:31 pm
    Copacetic

"Hey, I never said it was bad. Maybe I don't wanna be alone either." He snarked right back, watching Jamie move around from his spot on the mattress. Okay, maybe the jeans were coming off. And the jacket. But that was it; he didn't care about the rest.

Closing his eyes had never felt so amazing. Seems like he wasn't about to bother getting under the covers either.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:40 pm
Copacetic

"Oh. Well. Glad we're on the same page." With a nod, he looked about ready to join Shiloh under the covers—damn it, Beaumont—only to realize something didn't feel quite right.

"Wow," he muttered, looking down at himself, "These pants are kinda big." They pooled around his feet and hung loosely around his legs in every direction. "Okay..." He dove back into the closet, switching on the light this time so he could actually see what he was grabbing.

The side that had originally been reserved for pants of all sorts seemed a mixed bag of everything now, not exactly as surprising a change as his fish's transformation, so he paid it no mind at first. As he dug, though, it dawned on him that everything on this side was... large to say the least. In comparison to Jamie, anyway.

"Um... Shiloh?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:49 pm
    Copacetic

"Um, what?" His eyes were still delightfully closed, and opening them wasn't really high on his agenda of things to do. Still, Jamie seemed concerned (what wasn't concerning about everything), so he sat up.

"Wow," he blinked a few times to process the scene, "Those pants are really big on you."

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:53 pm
Copacetic

"That's what I said," he replied, actually managing a small laugh, "But that's not even the weirdest thing. I think... I mean, I guess I dunno for sure, but... I think this side of the closet might be your stuff. It's all too big for me. It's weird, though, 'cause your stuff was in the other room..." Picking at the pants he was still wearing, he shook his head.

"Y'know what, these are fine." Without even changing his pants, he flicked off the light and headed back for the bed after a small detour to hit the main light switch, too.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:59 pm
    Copacetic

"My stuff?" That actually got him to sit up. "But this is your room."

He let that sink in. After a while, he just said "Oh."

"Well whatever. You coming in or what?" Wait until tomorrow, he reminded himself. "I'm gettin' real ********' sleepy by myself, Delacroix." Flopping back over, he tried his damndest to seem inviting. He was pretty sure the bed was doing all the work on that front, though. He even managed to force himself under the covers.

"Hurry uppppppp I'm dyyyyyinggggg." He whined, "We can deal with my pants being in your closet tomorrow."

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:08 pm
Copacetic

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Tomorrow was already building up to be a big day, but it couldn't be any worse than what they'd already faced. At least they were home, at least they had each other. It would be okay.

"You're not dying, you drama queen," he chided, even if he had no room to talk. Jamie could be pretty damn dramatic, too, when he wanted to.

Climbing into bed, he sighed as the tension immediately ebbed out and the comfortable softness cradled him. "Besides, you're not allowed to die. Ever. Or at least not until after tomorrow. I have a lot of questions, y'know." Turning to look at Shiloh, he offered a tiny smile. "For now, though... let's get some sleep."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:23 pm
    Copacetic

"Yeah yeah, I hear you." He scooted over to allow room. The two of them laying there, he finally felt the weight of everything slowly melting down on top of him. Don't let it get to you, Beaumont. He sighed.

"...Night, Jamie."

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:25 pm
Copacetic

Don't let it get to you. There's always tomorrow.

Curling onto his side facing Shiloh, Jamie closed his eyes and let out a slow, even breath to settle himself. Finally his heart had stopped beating so wildly. Finally it felt like he could sleep. "Sleep good, Shiloh. Goodnight."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:03 am
    Softly

Shiloh wasn't sure when he woke up.

Honestly, he remembered waking up a few times, but not reaching enough clarity to be totally aware of his surrondings. He remembered glimpses of the fish in Jamie's tanks and snippets of dreams that he couldn't really discern from nightmares. Maybe they were just vivid in their lucidity.

He experienced a whirlwind of panic-calm-acceptance-anger at the realization that it was sunday, and that they had school tomorrow, and that he'd survived on less sleep before, and then finally realized that they had both graduated and didn't have school. That was exhausting.

Regardless, when he did finally open his eyes, he wasn't all that shocked to see their surrondings has remained the same. Still the same horror fish. Still the same glowing rock on the table. Looking over; still the same Jamie. He was still the same Shiloh. Mostly.

It felt bad to wake him, but Shiloh was selfish and he didn't want to be alone. He nudged his friends arm. He let his hand linger there.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:01 am
Softly

If Jamie woke up at all, he didn't remember it. Dreams were what led him entirely, not inklings of reality, of a world that was the same but different in ways they hadn't completely discovered yet. Maybe it was knowing he had Shiloh sleeping next to him, the same Shiloh who hadn't changed—beyond the obvious—and would be there for him no matter what.

Which wasn't to say Jamie was completely safe from worry, even in his dreams. It was between a flash of past and present that Shiloh shook him awake. In the last fading fog of his mind he saw Michael, he saw the dead-eyed stare and the clammy, lifeless skin, he saw a picture of what could happen to his best friend if they weren't more careful. They had to play their cards right this time.

"Shy...?" his voice was light and wipsy, cracking faintly as his eyes slipped open. The vision of Michael became Shiloh in the darkness of his room.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:11 pm
    Softly

There was something about the soft, sleepy sweetness in Jamie's voice that tug at his heart and calmed him all at the same time. It made him feel protective, but protected; Secure, yet vulnerable. "It's just me," he said gently in response, "I'm here."

He squeezed his arm, trying his best to look at the clock without disturbing their set up on the bed. Three thirty-eight he thought groggily, head thick with sleep, in the morning.

He flopped his head back down and nudged himself closer. "We slept for ********' ever." though, he didn't seem all too bothered by that. "I got lonely."

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:14 am
Softly

Breathing out a sigh that sounded like relief, Jamie closed his eyes again. Only for a moment, only long enough for Shiloh to check the time and settle back down. The small bounce of the bed made him laugh, shortly and quietly, but genuinely. That and Shiloh's proclamation that they'd slept for ********' ever.

Jamie was also neither bothered nor surprised.

Opening his eyes again, he turned on his side to curl closer. "It's okay. I'm here now," he told Shiloh, echoing his words from a moment ago. Loneliness was such a sad feeling. Believe him, he knew.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:20 am
    Softly

"I know you are..." He murmured back, had still on arm, eyes drifting shut. The lull and warmth of sleep was alluring, but drifting in this half space with Jamie sounded even better. The overwhelming realization of 'they survuved' hit him all at once. It showed on his face--deeply set in something between melancholy and joy.

Maybe being sleep drunk made it easier to speak. "Forever, right?" He laughed quietly, "You'll be there forever?"

He nudged even closer, curly blond hair threatening to tangle up with Jamie's waves of brown. "Cause there's a lot I wanna talk about with you..."

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:05 pm
Softly

Amidst the calm of early, early morning and the peacefulness Shiloh brought him by doing little more than existing, Jamie could feel the strong thud of his heart as it kicked up once or twice. It was his best friend's words that made a warmth pool inside him, even warmer than the heavy, soft blankets keeping them both cradled and safe from the cold. He lifted his head some and that's when their hair met for sure, followed by their foreheads, the faintest brush of skin against skin.

"And ever," he replied, sounding more sure about it than almost anything else he'd agreed to before. "We should talk. 'Cause y'know I... have a lot to say, too." He smiled, sweetly, stupidly. "Do you have time?"

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces