Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:53 pm
Preacher Maria 22/22

She braced herself for the sudden deluge of water... that never came. Which was perfectly fine by her because if it had hit, well - Preacher had a knife and a temper and that was never really a good mix. As it was, Alexis was immediately shuffled to the back of her mind. Fine, ******** them. Jordan, however, got a look that, if not fond, was at least welcoming.

Sunday, she noticed, did not answer. The void above them got a scowl that included all of her ire. Then she looked back at the others.

"Okay, so we can't use the old junk. So I think," Preacher said. "Iffin we gotta redo this n' the old s**t's a cage anyway. Change it up, I guess, yeah?" She rubbed her eye (switching at the last minute to the hand without the knife so she avoided stabbing herself. "Look, I was thinkin' like... a home is just a cage ya choose. So let's... make a home for Sunny... find new symbols for that ********' s**t n'... " Preacher trailed off, feeling supremely stupid. Sunny had said she didn't need a home, and Preacher didn't really like the concept of them, but Sunny didn't have one and... <********>," she muttered, feeling acutely embarrassed over suggesting such a thing.

------------------------------
Temperance Clark | 22/22

She looked at Veronica, thinking intently. So intently, in fact, that Alexis' water simply got a blink of surprise. Then she turned slightly. "Zac, what do you mean there were four? Who was the fourth - Adoelle, Heliodora, Michael. Of the court, the moonwalker, and Heliodora." Because she had no idea if Heliodora held some special title.

"I think the sword is the moonwalkers, Jordan. I heard, at the ball, that they are enforcers. Police for the alternate places." Her fingers fiddled with the cap of the Sharpie: fircing it off, pressing back down, again.

Preacher got a short look. "How does 'home' fix this rift in time?"

prolixity
quite uneventful
endejester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:03 am
Alexis Tucker 22 HP

Preacher was going to be mad, they figured, but like any reasonable person she should be able to compartmentalize it for later. Alexis knew they could. It was the reason they weren't having a breakdown -- although that was scheduled for getting back to 2016, really, and not a moment after. (The water was a comforting pressure around their shins, too, cold and gentle like the best friend they'd never had.)

"Far as I know, sword's the moonwalkers and crown's the nobles. If we need a noble -- I'm one." Their voice rang out steady, calm, solid. "Heliodora was some sort of overseer -- she was the last one alive, yeah? But she was mostly human." They step to Zac again, resting a hand lightly on his arm, trying to communicate I'm here, you're here, we're alive, it's okay. "It might not gotta be a cage, but whatever we make, we have to restrain Sunny. Make it so she doesn't --" they waved a hand through the air -- "do that s**t again."

The Semblance of Unity
prolixity
quite uneventful
endejester

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:37 am
Zac nodded. “She… she wanted to be more human too as far as I knew, I just hope we don’t…” he rolled his shoulders in an anxious shrug unable to say the words. “I hope she won’t join the others who made up the cage.” He said softly.

He glanced down, first looking for the meanings that the sword, crown and stars had held. Perhaps if they knew and understood some part of what the first shield had been build for they could craft one of their own that was… similar? Better if they were lucky.

He hoped, but didn’t quite believe they could be lucky.

"And as for the fourth person, I saw him mentioned in a book, in Other ashdown. They said he got changed, Temperance found it though, she's the clever one on that front."

sh1brogane
checking definitions for known symbols.

The Semblance of Unity
prolixity
quite uneventful
Daekie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:07 pm
Sword and thorn are listed together: power and control.
Star, four-pointed: purity, magic, death.
Crown: victory, righteousness, resurrection.

endejester
The symbols Zac knows of!

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:27 pm
Three of the words in there stood out, given that they knew, or some of them knew that the enemy was a man whom had been afraid of…death, he thought that was as accurate as he could remember to the actual quote.

If one were to make a symbol, to try to defeat death, and one that ended up in a cycle of rebirth, then the sword for Power, but then sword over stars, for death, and potentially magic as well, though locking that away might have been a side effect if… he let that thought go for a moment because the last symbol; the Crown, resurrection, seeking power over death through resurrection, maybe that was the original intent.

He lifted his head and read aloud the original meanings.

“Sword and thorn are listed together: power and control.
Star, four-pointed: purity, magic, death.
Crown: victory, righteousness, resurrection.”

He took a breath and then continued. “So, we can’t use those again, and I think the cycle is maybe caused by the sword and death mixed with resurrection. It’s all… messed up.

He glances back at the book. “Maybe we should look for other things, things to… I don’t know; really fix what’s broken. Growth maybe, because… if we’re stuck in a cycle that’s not really growth. But also… I, we ended up in the 60’s 1969, and….well, magic was everywhere. Like, commonplace. I just, I wonder if this spell, the original one, was that a cycle like an experiment or was that…”

He trailed off looking around anxiously.

“What was it like where some of the rest of you were?”

sh1brogane
Looking for symbols that mean Magic (other than stars), growth, perhaps freedom to suggest to the others if he can find them??

The S3mblance of Unity
pr0lixity
qu1te uneventful
Da3kie

kyllsw1tch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:07 pm
Temperance Clark 22/22

She scoured her brain. "Wait, Zac, you mean Ming? I don't.. I don't know for sure if he was a part of, well, creating it all. The books weren't clear enough." Temperance frowned, chewing her lip. Did roles beyond the original three even matter? Alexis was a noble (and that bit of information was filed neatly away in case she needed it later, even though it stung).

"If we join the others who've made up a cage beforehand - it would be worth it anyway." No more dying. "I don't know that growth would work... it's not a growing sort of fix, I feel. If you grow skin over a wound, the damage is still there. Healing, maybe, from the inside out - interconnecting the timelines. Branches on a tree. We can't undo the rift, most likely. We have to fix it instead." The sharpie hung loosely in her hand, indecisive thoughts preventing her movement. They had to act, and soon. But it felt like they were given too little information. If this were a video game, Temperance would have happily dialed back the difficulty or looked up a walkthrough. This was like playing a badly translated port of a game; too much lost in the lack of translation.

Temperance tapped the sharpie against her chapped lips. "We need to find a suitable alternative to the stars, crown, and sword. They didn't work the first time, or we wouldn't be here, so even if we could use them - which people are saying we can't - we, um, should think about a better solution. But not the polar opposite."

---------------
Preacher Maria 22/22

"Well, if we can't damn well use tha sword again, gimme 'nother protection symbol. A shield. A big a** shield with a tree on it like the blonde chick said; make it a real coat o' arms." Preacher had forcibly tamped down on her anger at Alexis. Forcibly. Perhaps by gripping the knife a little too hard. The parting of her skin was a soft kind of pain, nothing bloody, but like a papercut. Enough to distract. Now wasn't the time to lose her temper and leap onto Alexis and pull out all of their goddamn hair. And of course, Alexis was all buddy buddy with Zac because Zac apparently befriended everyone. She took a deep breath. The only good thing about her temper was that once it was gone, it didn't fester inside of her, demanding retribution, it was just gone, for the most part.

She ignored the question about home. It had been silly of her to mention it; she was just conflating meaning into Sunny's words when they'd spoken. "And we can't use tha same symbols - got told that a billion times by some Shore dude. We were in the 20s; magic was rarer than gold but still there. They ******** up Sunny there though. That's why m'here. She tipped herself over into a rift in the lecture hall we were in n' I up and followed." Preacher shrugged.

"New symbols, new meanin'. They way magic seems t'be is if we think hard enough, if we add enough of the right meanin to a symbol; I think that symbol could be anythin'."

quite uneventful
endejester
daekie
prolixity
killswitch

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:00 am
Jordan Miller - 21/21

"Healing and growth, maybe? Together, to prevent stagnation?" Jordan suggested uncertainly. He was way out of his depth here, and he knew that he didn't know enough. "It takes blood to activate it, right? What kind of blood does it need, and ... how much?"

Blood he remembered too well from the ball, too much of it. Blood spilled in the name of the cage, from what he gathered. He crossed his arms nervously over his chest. What they were doing here was likely to be permanent, maybe uncomfortably permanent. Would they be able to return home afterwards? He hoped, desperately, that the activation of the new symbol wouldn't require a death.

quite uneventful

endejester

daekie

the semblance of unity

kyllswitch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:36 am
Oddly (perhaps not oddly) Heliodora and the original teens have few symbols relating to freedom. There's a weird drawing of something that looks like a bird, but the symbol is so cramped it's difficult to tell any specifics. that one's labeled "freedom" with a frowny ace next to it. A weird sort of spiny staff shape purports to represent a bird and is slightly more intelligible. Anyway, that might be a good jumping off point?

The rest of the symbols seem to relate mostly to caging things or ensuring they stay the same. It's probably not the best idea to go solely off Heliodora's work unless trying to recreate the original sigil's effects.

endejester

It's likely that the book Zac's holding has more answers than the endless void. Tools have been provided: a sharpie to create the seal, a knife to blood it. Why not instructions, too?

Prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

quite uneventful

kyllswitch

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:58 am
Zac scowls at the symbols in the book and sighs.

“I… I have this feeling we might need to be a little creative on our symbols. These are really tiny, and, well most of these are to make sure the cage stays the same, which I assume would mean more sacrifice long term, but at the same time.” He rubbed the back of his neck anxious.
There was a terrible safety in ‘same’, but a terrible consequence as well. “They didn’t seem to like the idea of freedom at all, It might have consequences all its own, but it is… freedom.” He told the others.

“I- think we need to do our own symbols. What can we agree might, hopefully work out, and then how do we symbolize that?”

He glances at the book. “Is everyone alright if I keep looking? See what else it says?” He turns the page and keeps looking.

shibrogane
continuing to read <3

Prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

quite uneventful

kyllswitch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:12 am
Alexis Tucker 22 HP

Alexis peeks over Zac's shoulder, on tip-toe (with maybe an inch boost from the water, a barely conscious command), face serious. "...wings. For freedom, maybe. 'n a shield, or linked rings or somethin', for protection. Trust. And, uh -- since I'm the only noble here -- maybe somethin' representing the sea, or water, would be something I could feel strongly about." It's hard for them to voice their opinions, here, because Alexis is no poet. They're no scholar.

They're just Alexis. That isn't really enough, is it?

shibrogane

endejester

Prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

quite uneventful

kyllswitch

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:14 am
Preacher Maris | 22/22

"Why would ya even have ta ask? Just read on n' stuff." Huffing, she sat on the wood floor and crossed her legs. The urge to do something made her jittery. There was a lot of dithering of not knowing what to do and all Preacher wanted was everything to be over.

"I don't really like the idea of freedom magic anyhow. Seems more like a bad thing here than anythin'. There's sucha thing as bein' too free. Still like protection, a shield, though." Set it up like a heraldic shield - the shield itself, the tree, ********' whatever else.

----------------------------------

Temperance Clark | 22/22

"Remaking the cage as it was won't do anyone any favors, I think. It's like, um... putting tape on a severed artery." And Temperance would know about severed arteries. "Freedom as a concept is good, but here - Sunny is the magic and magic running entirely free seems dangerous, s-somehow." They had seen what Sunny wanted to do. Although that could easily be a product of the cage itself. Being trapped did things to people, even people made of magic.

Temperance sighed and moved closer to Zac in an attempt to peek at the notebook, but moved away again as Alexis approached. There was only so much room and not for her. "Well, if we pick our own symbols, that's, um, fine - but how do we arrange them? We need direction - like Jordan said, I need to know what kind of blood this needs. There will be no sacrificing. And I still think a tree is a good idea." She looked up. "What does everyone else think?"

endejestter
daekiie
quite uneventtful
prolixitty
kyllswittch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:19 am
"Freedom is the one thing that they seem to frown the hardest at though, They were so obsessed it seems with keeping things the same that I think it's a risk we need." Zac said frowning hard. It's one thing he feels strongly about in all of this.
"Freedom is always a risk, and frankly since Sunny is part of the cage I think it's going to change her too, Like I said, when we were in the 80's magic was everywhere, I think she is magic and I think the cage has her locked up in...basically a match book. I think I might be a little crazy like that too. If we stay the way things are we're just going to end up with more people as sacrifices for sure."

The Semblance of Unity
daekie
quite uneventful
prolixity
kyllswitch

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:29 am
Preacher Maria 22/22

"We don't gotta remain the same! Changin' it up don't mean setting it all lose willy-nilly. s**t, we're here to fix the rift and I jus don't think freedom can ever, ever do that." Preacher scowled from where she sat on the ground, leg jiggling.

-------------

Temperance Clark | 22/22

Temperance simply frowned, loudly. She did not agree.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm
Shun Kuroda 21/21

The next thing Shun knew, he was... somewhere. He was in the void. He knew that much, but this wasn't the library they had been the last time they had stepped through. There were also more people here. And that was about it from what he could tell. The room was pretty devoid of features otherwise.

He had arrived in time to hear Preacher shouting about freedom and fixing the rift.

"Okay. What the hell are you all arguing about now?" he grunted out as he approached the group. Obviously it had to do with how to fix things, but he wasn't really sure what options they were going over exactly.

Everyone here

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:05 pm
There's a gentle tap and quiet huff of laughter as America lands on the floor, followed by a gentle flurry of feathers, Mr. Bitterberry circling 'round the perimeter of darkness. "Well, this is...well, it's something," she drawls, taking in the group and darkness and a sense of power, just waiting for the word. Or the finger wiggle, Or whatever else magic likes to sit up and bark for.

Moving closer to the group hovering over the notebook, of course it's Zac with the book, the invaluable nerd. "You're gonna have to catch the rest of us up," she announces, "whole passel of folks gonna touch down any moment."

She has her own notebook, and this she pulls out, flipping to the information she already has. Chances are there's no need, though. With smart people like Zac and Temp about, she probably just has to punch something, maybe shove a trashcan over its head.

the semblance of unity

endejester
daekie
quiet uneventful
prolixity
kyllswittch
blade kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash