[PRP] Yggdrasil (Nathaniel & Shiloh) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:40 pm
Nathaniel's gaze went slightly wide at the dandelion multiplying, then relaxed into an expression more of wonder that was hedged with a touch of wistfulness. He stretched out an absent hand, then remembered that it wasn't his to play with, and lowered it again, lips tugging in a rueful smile.

"I on'y glow in the dark, that I can see," said Nathaniel. "It's not a very good piece of magic, but I mean, it's somethin'. I haven't really noticed anythin' else I might have. But it's cool that you're stronger," he added, as the field of dandelions burst around his feet, the scent of flowers a lush, heady thing in the air. "You took it and made it yours, didn't'cha?"

The look in his eyes was still rueful, almost apologetic; Nathaniel knew perfectly well he wasn't really the whole magical sort.

Even if he did glow.

"Someone else told me somethin' similar," he said, thinking of Jeremiah. "But I haven't seen anythin' yet. But maybe I just haven't given it enough time or somethin'."

melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:50 pm
    Shiloh shook his head definitively. "No, I could feel it on you." He looked down towards his hand again where the vines once were. "My plants don't react to other people, they listen to me. Actually like? It sounds weird, but they love me." He knew plants didn't have the capacity to love, but he'd be lying if he said they didn't take to other people without his will involved. "They liked you. They don't grab onto other people unless I tell them so."

He nodded. "It'll only get stronger, I think." He reached down to brush the dandelions with his own hands. The one closest to him got exceedingly poofy. "You can take it and make it yours too." He threw the comment right back at Nathaniel.

Finally he stood, legs stretching and popping from being knelt down for so long. After a moment of consideration he stretched out his hand, "We're not super different, I think. When I first realized I was magic, this was the only thing I could do." His fingers snapped and an airy ball of light appeared in front of him. He cupped it in his palm. "If it's anything, I mean."

kuropeco

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:11 pm
A part of Nathaniel wanted to ask what I could feel it on you meant; but another part of him was a little nervous as to what exactly the answer would be. He wasn't entirely certain that he wanted to hear that he was magical, if he genuinely wasn't, especially since he knew all too well that he wasn't exactly made for this world.

But the fact that Shiloh's plants were reacting to him because they liked him was enough to make the hope in Nathaniel's heart rise, just a little, his expression shifting to one of uncertain possibilities.

He tried to tamp down on it, but it wasn't entirely successful.

"Well," he said, "I mean...I can't say that doesn't make me happy, because it does. It's...well, I mean it's kinda cool."

Everything about this was cool. The dandelions were blooming under Shiloh's fingers, poofing and puffing, and Nathaniel was fascinated, his gaze following the movements of the other as he stood, the ball of light bursting into life in the palm of his hand.

Nathaniel gave a low whistle.

"I suppose," he said, "I mean - I suppose I shouldn't rule anythin' out, right? I mean..." He offered the other a smile. "Even if it don't feel like I've got anythin', it might actually be somethin'."

Maybe, just maybe, he had something more.

"I'm sorry for takin' up your time," said Nathaniel. "I'm sure you got other things to do than to talk to me, but I've really enjoyed it anyway."

melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:07 pm
    "Oh, it's no prob." He shrugged and closed his fist, the ball of light vanishing. "I needed a ********' break anyway. Stupid magic." He turned back to the tree root, stewing on it internally for a while.

"You know how to get out of Otherworld all right on your own?" Shiloh looked over at Nathaniel. "Oh, don't worry about stepping on the flowers either on your way out." The dandelions were swaying around Nathaniel's feet. This was a contrast to how they tangled around Shiloh's own, blooming up in waves and pulses. "I'm keeping them out of the way for you, I mean."

Because there were still some tinier ones that tried to nudge closer, despite the fact that they were completely rooted to their spot.

kuropeco

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:39 am
Nathaniel wasn't about to say that he probably didn't know how to get back out of Otherworld. He thought he might, but regardless, he would eventually make it back.

Probably.

"I'm all righ'," he said, the drawl of his accent sliding away the last syllable of the word so that it hung in the air. His eyes were flickering from dandelion to dandelion, something bright and amazed and longing in Nathaniel's gaze, the latter not quite known to be visible as he carefully stepped around them, in spite of what Shiloh had said.

"That's still amazin'," he said, exhaling a breath. "Well - I'd like to talk to you again sometime, if you don' mind. Just - it doesn't have to be about all this." Nathaniel waved a hand, flashing a bright smile at the other.

"But thanks for lettin' your flowers near me."

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:53 pm
    "Sure, sure." Shiloh said as he waved his hand nonchalantly. "I'm around. You know the flower shop in town? Posies? I work there if you ever wanna find me." He would've offered his number, but he felt awkward yelling it across the growing space between them. "Don't get killed." He called out, though he didn't sound at all cautious or worried.

He waved right back to him, content to get back to work.

kuropeco
fin???????

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items