Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:58 pm
“No, it’s not in Ashdown but, He… I think that yes, there is an ulterior motive, and for the first time outside of Ashdown isn’t making me feel safer. What if he still has creepy magic and we don’t? What if he carries a bit of Other Ashdown with him and - I don’t know. I’m over thinking it I’m sure but –“ He shook his head dismissing the thought. “You’re probably right though. I mean, even if he does have an ulterior motive, it would be odd not to pull it off in Ashdown.

He sighed. “Plus I … I’m not sure why I got invited, I thought they really didn’t care for me. I feel like even on a good day I can’t not do something awkward around him or his husband.”

He tipped his head and then moved closer. “Here… you hold this up….” He said loosening the laces. “And I’ll synch you in, have you worn one before? A trainer or anything?”

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:10 pm
Juniper bit her bottom lip as she thought about what Zac was saying. Maybe there was more to all of this. After all, why invite a bunch of them over? And for a seance of all things? "Maybe you're right." She said tentatively. "How much do you know about Liam and his husband? I've not met Renard. Ever. But Liam and I...well...the last time I saw him he practically ran me out of his office."

She grabbed hold of the corset and let Zac loosen it for her. "I've worn an elizabethian style undergarment one before. That damn thing was not the most comfortable piece of clothing I've ever worn."

"But, yea. I am with you on the invite thing. I am not sure why I got one, but I figured why not? I am not going to lie and say I am not curious about him and his husband since Renard is apparently The Enemy. At least, according to Liam." Oh s**t. She hadn't meant to say that. Her eyes flashed to Zac to see his reaction. Did he know this already? Hopefully he did.

endejester

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:29 pm
“A good corset should be comfortable though, I mean, not if you’re doing it Victorian style, that gets a bit crazy, but they are so nice if your back hurts, and some of the ladies where I got this one –swear- by how it helps around um, that time.”

He took a breath before addressing the Liam and Reynard situation.

He nodded to what she said and confirmed what she had said with what he had learned.

“Jer… mentioned that Liam said he was married to the Enemy. That means that Reynard has been the enemy the whole time. Liam also said he was the ‘last scion’ of the Shore line, and that Sunny is his daughter. They call her crazy. That kind of reaction makes me think she’s not really playing their game. Hard to say if that makes her good or bad honestly, but she’s always behaved more or less human around me, I know she’s not… I know she can be dangerous but, right now I choose to trust her.”

“But, I mean … I don’t know why he is the enemy, but I think at least part of it is being powerful. I just, I wish they weren’t in that Renard is terribly fashionable and he has such beautiful paintings and… “ he shook his head. “But I know those don’t’ define a person, it just, I wish it did. I wish that however this ends we could solve it without more bloodshed but, I think we’re probably screwed on that kind of hope.”

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:57 pm
She shrugged. "I never got use to it. It just...I don't know, the metal boning and how it dug into my hips. Bleh. It was just not fun." Unlike Victorian corsets, elizabethian ones stopped much shorter and tended to sit above the hip bones. Of course, that detail was lost on Juniper since she had never worn a victorian corset. So she took Zac's word on how uncomfortable a victorian was. "I am not opposed to pain for beauty though." She grinned. "Mind, I wouldn't want to deal with it every day, but every now and then, it's fine. and yes, they are fabulous for that time." She winked.

She stood there holding the corset while zac finished loosening it and listened to what he said. "'The last scion'? What does that even mean?" Jesus, the more info that came out the more questions appeared. "And I don't find it appropriate for other people to toss names around like crazy. I mean, look at what we are all dealing with. If we brought any of this up with someone unrelated to Other Ashdown we'd be getting the title of crazy."

"I uh...Liam mentioned that they were trying to do something. Something big. Which apparently almost destroyed the world." She let that little bit of info sit there for a moment. "But yea, I would like to see all of this settled without more bloodshed considering how long ago all of this happened."

Withthe corset now loosened, Juniper raised a brow at Zac. "Gonna have to take the bra off before I get in this thing since I doubt there's too much flexibility with it being leather and all." She gave him the warning before reaching back to undo the garment and slip if off. That way, if he wanted, he could turn away while she slipped herself into the corset.

endejester

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:26 am
“I don’t know… I feel like it’s mostly women’s fashion that ends up painful.” He shook his head and frowned. “I mean, there isn’t that much for men’s fashion that is as uncomfortable as … constant waxing, shaving your legs all the time, heels” He shrugged.

“Though dresses, so pretty.” He sighed wistfully. “I mean if you go to the guys section looking for galaxy stuff you find forty variations on ‘three wolves howling at the moon’, but you go to what they call the ladies section.” He shook his head and glanced to his closet.

“So much better.”

He let the thoughts of ‘almost destroyed the world’ sink home. What on earth?
“… I wonder, if that’s part of why Reynard looks so … young.”

Kolina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:29 am
"It's totally mostly women's fashion that got the short end of the stick, and for the most part, men were the reason for it." She waved a hand. "I don't mind it though. Gives me goals to meet when I am feeling particularly high maintenance."

At the mention of wolf printed galaxy shirts Juniper couldn't help but laugh since it was true! She had shopped in the men's department before and had witnessed such things. "Where they lack in flavor they make up for in comfort though. But I agree, women have the better selection when it comes to fashion." And Juniper was oh-so happy about that.

Brows furrowed after she got herself into the corset. "Wait. What does that have to do with him looking young?" This was something she was interested in. Maybe, just maybe, she'd get lucky and they'd come up with answers that didn't leave a thousand more questions in their wake.

Holding the corset up where it needed to sit, she turned herself so Zac could begin the lacing. Mentally she was preparing herself for the constriction she'd soon be experiencing.

endejester

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 am
“True, it’s funny how much of fashion was ‘for guys’ till it… wasn’t.” He crinkled his nose. “I hate those lists they post on the Internet about ‘fashion trends men hate’ and worse ‘Don’t wear this if you’re over a certain age’. Like somehow because they got posted on the Internet then we should all respect their opinion.”

He worried at his lip and shrugged. “He’s just, he’s reported as being older than he looks, like he seems much younger. It could just be that he ages well but … “
He shook his head. “It’s probably a silly thought.

He had a few other thoughts about ‘did they adopt sunny’ and ‘did the spell that nearly destroyed the world create her’ and such things but those were unvoiced because they felt a bit rude. A silly complex perhaps to have when the world was very likely at stake.

Kolina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:44 am
"Agreed. I don't need anyone telling me when or where I can wear certain things. I'll wear stuff how and whenever I like, thanks." Like Zac, she found those sorts of article annoying at hell. For the most part, she tended to just ignore them when they popped up, but some were just so ridiculous that she read them for the amusement.

"And how old is he said to be and how old does her look? Remember, I've not met him yet. I...don't think." Who knew with Ashdown if she had the courtesy of running into Renard. If she had, she certainly didn't meet him by name.

"I'll zip you up and into your dress in a second." She said as she felt Zac's fingers deftly work at tightening her corset. "Is there anything else you need help with with it?" His didn't look as complicated as hers, but dresses could be fickle things.

endejester

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:13 pm
“I don’t now… it’s been a while since I really really dressed up. I just worry people will…” He shook his head and flushed. He had no problem with mixing more feminine items into his standard wardrobe but when it came to formal wear it meant he had some very nice, well-tailored dresses that he was nervous about wearing in public. His taste being maybe a little eclectic, like the leather collar with its key motif.
“Maybe I should have you pick.” He said with his brow furrowed.

Kolina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:40 pm
"Oh. Am I getting access to your closet?" Juniper didn't waste a second of time. She pulled away from Zac and immediately made her way to his closet, a grin on her face. Sifting through the clothes made it very apparent that Zac had quite an eclectic taste. And his love for galaxy colors and prints was very apparent.

In fact, it was a dress with a darker galaxy print that caught her attention. Carefully she removed it from the closet to find that it had a sheer top and a cincher with it as well. "I think. " She said as she turned around with it. "That you should wear this instead. The hell what other people will say or think. Do what makes you happy." She walked over to him and laid the dress on the bed. "And you will look smokin' in that."

endejester

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:35 pm
‘Are you… sure?” He said cautiously. “I mean, I can … I can try it on and I have a … thing to wear around my neck too.” He turned a bright red. It had been one of the more expensive purchases that he’d bent and let Jeremiah help him accessorize the dress. The keyhole detailing was the selling point on it to be honest.

He took a breath and let it out.

“Alright, but I’ll have to wear a heavier coat because of this top.” He said. “Give me a second, let me slip into it and you can help me with the, waist.” He gave her a nervous smile and a nod.

Kolina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:46 pm
"Yes." She answered his question giving little doubt about what she thought. "While you slip into it, I'll plug in my curling iron. I am not sure if we'll need it for you, but I know I'll need it." She smiled and walked over to her bag, her back once again to him, as she fished around for the hot tool. Thankfully the nearest outlet was visible and had an unoccupied socket. Plugging in the iron, she turned it to high.

She waited until she got the OK before turning round again. A smile swiftly danced across her face. "Oh. Yes. Definitely!" She walked over to him to help with getting it situated and to begin working on the waist cincher.

"This is absolutely perfect for tonight." She said as she began to tighten the laces. His didn't take near as long as he dress took so after tightening the wait piece she began fussing with the bustle like material in the back to make it look full.

endejester

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:16 pm
Zac for his part fished around in a drawer before pulling out a piece of dark leather and silver adornments, which he then carefully slid around his neck and did the clasps. He held his hair up off the back of his neck and turned to show off the finished effect.

“Yeah?” He asked cautiously.

K0lina

[final word count - 1554]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:37 pm
"God yes." Juniper said as she studied the whole outfit together. "You are going to be the hottest thing there!" She grinned at Zac, quite sure that he was very likely going to be the best dressed one at the event.

"If we're going to have any shot at getting there on time though, we better get ourselves moving a bit faster. We still have hair and make-up to do." Juniper gathered up the supplies she had brought and scattered them on the bed.

"Let's get moving and get on over to Salem." She winked.

Endejester

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out