Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:19 pm
"If I accept anymore super weird invitations from weird... things, then yeah, I'll be more careful." She meant it. Yes she was sarcastic, but Vega really meant it. She'd be more careful.

Then came the weather talk and she looked outside with a hard squint. "s**t. It's times like this I feel like I need a drink. You know, because I get told there's a magical land I can travel to apparently super easy with this amazing wine all the time. God." She just huddled in her van and clutched her coffee closer to her.

"I... might ask you to take me around this other place once it's not raining so hard. Not that I actually need you, I mean, for protection. I just need to know where to go."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 am
If he thought anything of her response, the sarcasm of it, he said nothing. It was Vega, it was expected.

"I'm honestly surprised that you've not found yourself there already." Jeremiah meant it as most found themselves there without realizing it. "It isn't raining there at the moment. It used to but when it really started raining hard here, it stopped there. I can take you there sometime if you want, Vega, and I prefer that than you stumbling there by accident."

His hand smoothed along his leg a moment before he went on. "There's a lot more to it than just what I've said but it's hard to explain and it is morning for you." Jeremiah gave her a faint amused look, as he had basically caught her right after waking up.

Peppermint Coffee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:20 am
"...I mean I'd like to be aware if I happen to find myself there, so that'd be you know.. Ideal." She rubbed her neck a bit and just sipped at her coffee one more time when he pointed out it was still morning.

"Yeah. Yeah.." Vega yawned wide and looked around her van before looking at him again.

Teal eyes studied the elder man hard, frowning. He was such a familiar face in her life. It was a little sad saying that, but out of all the damned stupid cops out there, at least this one wasn't so bad. He didn't pick her up every time, and when he did he didn't treat her like she was scum. So she was thankful to Jeremiah for that.

"I got a job interview soon... Like this week, not today. Temporary, seasonal. So I'm going to just stick with it till.. they don't need me if I get it."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:10 am
"You want to go over, just call me, alright? I'll take you over and give you a rundown about what is going on." Jeremiah gave her a small smile. It was meant to be reassuring. "It's better for you to have some working knowledge of what's going on than nothing at all, especially with the way things are going."

He had known her for years. Picked her up more than once and usually for fights when he got involved. Not that he seemed too bothered by it (because he understood, in that regard, having been one of those youths.) "That's good. You do well enough they make keep you on past the seasonal work." It was always a chance that they would. His head tilted a moment, studying her. "Why haven't you considered messenger work, Vega? You'd be suited for it."

Peppermint Coffee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:53 am
"Yeah. I'll... call." She squinted at him. Perhaps she could coax a store into letting her use the phone. Wouldn't be the first time. Either way she stretched out a bit, pointing her toes at the back hatch of the van and then looked around.

"...Messenger? You mean like a ********' mail lady? Why would I do that? I have no desire to be responsible for someone else's bills and things. Could be sending bombs to people accidentally or something. Nah.." She shook her head and looked back at Jeremiah. "We both know I'm gonna be a big artist one day. Just gotta find a way in."

Vega paused then and hummed. "Or a musician. I'm not bad with a guitar."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 am
Jeremiah gave her a look at the way she said call and made a mental note to check into her having a phone. It was a terrible idea for her to not have one.

"No, not like a mail lady." He rolled his eyes. "I mean like someone who runs packages. It could be anything. Sometimes it's gifts, sometimes it's parcels, sometimes it's a document that needs to get ran to the other side of town immediately for a signature and back. I would think you'd like it? It's never the same thing and you don't deal with people. You'd be your own boss pretty much."

Then he was huffing a little bit, a small smile on his face. "I'm waiting for you to hit it big, Vega, don't worry. I know you'll do it."

He was absolutely serious too.

Peppermint Coffee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:51 am
What? She had no steady income so a cellphone was just useless to her. Not to mention she didn't have a place to charge it at night because she lived in a van with no engine. She squinted at Jeremiah when he gave her a look and then just rolled her eyes and finished off the coffee he'd brought her. All the while she'd been listening to him talk about what she should be doing.

Jeremiah was trying to help, she had to remember that. At the same time the old man was starting to grate on her nerves. When people thought they knew her well enough to tell her what they think she should be doing... It just made her want to slap them. Anyone else, and she would have.

"Yeah, yeah." She looked over at him with a soft smirk on her face. "Well. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we? Art, music, who knows. I'm almost twenty. I have the whole world ahead of me." Not that she actually believed it, but she hoped Jeremiah believed she believed it. Truth be told, Vega wasn't sure she'd ever make it big. Sure she could play guitar, but so could so many people. The odds weren't in her favor so far.

"Who knows."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:34 am
Jeremiah did not believe her in the slightest but he was good at looking as if he did. "Anything is possible especially when magic is real."

His shoulders rolled and he tilted his head towards the van door. "I need to head out but I'll stop by later to take you over, alright? To see other ashdown." For a brief moment, a blink and it was missed moment, his eyes were eerily reflective of the limited light in the fan. "If I don't run into you there first."

Peppermint Coffee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 am
"Well that's... true, I guess," she said, blinking. Magic was real, so maybe her dreams weren't so far fetched. Either way, she watched him as he looked ready to leave. Unfortunately for Vega, she ended up missing how reflective Jeremiah's eyes were. Licking her lips, she nodded and just sort of toyed with the empty cup for a minute. Vega was debating sleeping again or getting out today.

"Yeah. Sounds good." She said, looking at him directly. "If I'm not here, just find me in a back alley or something."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:28 am
"I'll check all your old haunting spots," he said with a slight twitch upwards of his lips. "I'll see you later, Vega."

With another incline of his head he was leaving her alone in her van. A moment later his vehicle could be heard starting up before it disappeared into the distance, Jeremiah gone.

Peppermint Coffee
fin! i shall make another start for you!

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash