Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:11 pm
"You won't have a choice," she told Juniper, her voice kindly. Kess tilted her head and blinked and her eye color changed.

"You can't do this?"

Kolina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:17 pm
I am sure I can figure something out to get out of here if I needed too. She thought, but kept it to herself. Kess was being kind enough to her. No need to get rude.

As Kess's eyes changed colored, Juniper shook her head, still amazed. "No. That's really neat!" She smiled. "Well....I've never tried to anyway." I was told I could do whatever I wanted here right?

"How are you doing it?"

Ashdown Whaler

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:03 pm
Something seemed to click for Kess then and she stopped her dancing once more, really looking at Juniper.

"I simply can." She smiled at Juniper. "I have heard it isn't wise for people to try it if they're not good at it. Bad things can happen but I can show you something else, if you'd like?"

Kolina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:15 pm
"Oh!" There was a curious note. Why would something like shifting like that be more dangerous? Was it possibly on a skeletal or muscular level. That was a scary thought if you messed up.

"Sure! What do you have in mind?" She smiled at the young woman who now looked quite different from when Juniper had first seen her even with just a shift of eyes.

"So what do I need to do?"

ashdown whaler

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:34 pm
Kess gestured for Juniper to step towards a patch of grass.

"Go stand there?"

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:44 am
Juniper vacated the pavilion to make her way to the grass that Kess had indicated.

"Right. Step one done. Easy enough." She joked with a grin.

Ashdown Whaler

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:21 pm
It happened quickly, like a bolt of lightning striking the earth. Juniper was suddenly enveloped in vines, twisting and twining up her body and pinning her in place.

Kess smiled and it was obvious, for a moment, that she was not at all human. Her skin briefly looked like bark but it faded away as she approached her.

"You must escape," she told Juniper kindly, "before the vines swallow you whole."

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:34 pm
"The hell?" She remarked as the vines quickly worked their way around her limbs, solidly keeping her from moving anywhere.

"What are you?" The words left her mouth before she even thought about them. The barky appearance that flashed for a split second was more than enough for Juniper to note that Kess, the girl whom she had thought was normal (as normal as people involved with Other Ashdown get) was anything but.

"You have go to be kidding!" She looked down at the vines that continued their way around her body. Jesus, she was not good with magic as a whole yet and now she needed to save her own a** with it. ********. ********. ********. Jun, just...relax. Calm down. She took in a deep breath to try and calm herself. Her heart was beating a mile a minute as she tried to focus inwardly. Will power. That's what it takes. I just gotta really want these things to not swallow me whole. Should be easy enough right?

Juniper envisioned the vines as a while unit working together. Tentatively she began to think at them, will them, to first halt their progress. But damn, was it not easy to concentrate when you could feel each vine slide further and further up her body.

"Please tell me you're going to give me some more hints or something." She said, eyes snapping back to Kess.

Ashdown Whaler

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:41 pm
The vines did not respond at all to her thoughts. If anything, they squeezed harder.

"Your will is nothing compared to mind," Kess replied, her eyes glinting. "... but I am not truly trying to kill you." A pause. "Yet."

The young woman stood in front of Juniper and then lowered herself down briefly. Seeds were dropped into the ground and pushed into the earth with a finger.

"Sense the young ones," she told Juniper, "and have them grow and help you." Those now inhuman eyes were watching the young woman. "Otherwise the vines will end you."

Kolina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:25 pm
That's right. Shun had said something about people with stronger wills being able to overpower others magic. Ok. Welp, that was certainly not going to help her. Though, hearing that Kess wasn't out for her blood, at least at the moment, did help quell some of the panic that she had felt.

Still...did the vines feel...tighter?

"The young ones?" She watched as Kess pushed the seeds into the ground. Juniper never would have thought of actual seeds as young ones. Seedlings yes, but...just the seeds?

Right. Right. She shouldn't be overthinking this. Overthinking was her enemy in this, that little bit she had come to understand. I just need to believe and will it. God that sounds like something straight out of a Disney movie.

"Alright. Little baby plants. Ok." She closed her eyes. She didn't know why, but it helped her to focus and calm her inner thoughts as she tried to visualize the seeds in the ground. To sense them as Kess had said.

It wasn't an easy thing. Not at all. Juniper found herself getting distracted by so many things. The vines clinging and rising up her body, Kess watching her, worries about what would happen if she failed this...STOP it. Just...relax. Like meditation and yoga. That was something she could grasp hold of.

Like riding a bike, Juniper fell into the calming nature that meditation and yoga brought to her with active breathing. She forced herself to focus on her breath, in and out, and nothing else. Eventually she calmed, but how much time had passed she had no idea. By this point though she was ready to really put an effort into finding those little seeds.

This time she opened her eyes and looked down where she knew Kess has placed the seeds in the ground. Juniper floundered a bit as she tried to sense them. It was a bit of an odd thing to do, sense a seed. Still she willed and pushed herself to find the little things and if by lucky mistake or a correct assumption on what to do, Juniper suddenly could sense at least one of the little plants. It felt like dormant energy that was just waiting for the right circumstances to burst forth from its shell.

And Juniper knew that plants needed sun and water to thrive, but that sun and water provided the necessary energy to grow. So, with no other thing to go on, she began expending her own energy to the little plants, hoping that something would happen. That she was at least on the right track.

ashdown Whaler

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:27 am
Something did happen. The seeds began to grow. Vines that Juniper was helping started to push out of the earth and twine around her, slipping into the places that the vines had not completely covered. They were still too young to push back against the vines holding her.

"That isn't enough," Kess said, shaking her head, "you'll have to do better." She smiled and it was not so kind as her voice. "I suspect you'll make a lovely meal if you don't make it."

Kolina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:16 pm
Juniper was heartened by the little vines that had sprouted and began to weave themselves in amongst Kess's vines. What Kess said was true though, her little vines weren't strong enough to free her. So, with intent, she began to 'feed' the little vines more energy and watched as they larger and larger both in length and thickness. "I really have no interest in being plant food today." She remarked at Kess's jibe.

Little by little she thought she could feel the tightness of Kess's vines ease as her own worked their way through. As she gave her vines energy to continue growing though, Juniper was beginning to feel the strain of feeding her little 'children'. It was similar to the tiredness she had felt when she had tried to heal Hux at the ball.

Ashdown Whaler

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:06 am
For all that she was getting tired, it was working. The vines she grew were twisting around the ones that Kess controlled and they were pushing back; giving Juniper room to breathe, to move.

To maybe do something else.

"I've no interest in eating you either but if the opportunity presents itself ..." Kess smiled again. Juniper was almost free ...

Kolina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:45 am
As the vines began to be pushed and pulled back, Juniper could feel their hold on her slacked until she was finally able to move. As tired as she was though she opted for pulling herself free of the vines as opposed to breaking herself free of them. It had the added bonus of not necessarily damaging the plants beyond repair. After all, she had just spent a good bit of energy growing her vines, she didn't have the want to destroy them if she could avoid it.

After wiggling, shifting and pulling herself free, Juniper was finally able to step away from the writhing vines. Her focus now completely broken in her dash to freedom but hopefully that wouldn't be an issue now.

Panting from exertion, Juniper stood in front of Kess obviously exhausted, but proud of herself for accomplishing something on her own. Well, sort of on her own.

"Well..." She said between breaths. "That was..." " quite the lesson." Not that she was sure threatening her was needed, but...Juniper couldn't say that Kess didn't get the lesson across.

ashdown whaler

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:41 pm
The vines, once Juniper was out of them, retreated back into the earth. Kess was more interested in the ones that Juniper grew and, even as the girl collapsed in front of her, seemed to ignore her in favor of them.

"The garden is not a kind place," she glanced towards Juniper, plucking a blossom from the vines the girl had grown. "You found it and must grow if you wish to stand a chance."

Kess turned and tucked the bloom behind Juniper's ear gently. Her fingers touched her face a moment later, a rush of energy flowing into her. "Be wary, sweet child, of those you find here. Not all are as kind as I and some are far, far worse."

Kolina

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces