Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
IDOW (xia75672 and the_wings_we_seek) [X][I/A] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 am
"s**t." Roen muttered, and then a little louder, "Who are you? And why am I here? How long have I been here?" Her Scottish brogue on full force in her anger and confusion. She shifted the rod into the other hand, relaxing her weapon even more. From the looks of it, they had to be on a humongous ship; she could only feel a slight sway now that the other woman had mentioned it. She realized at that moment how ridiculous she must look, a small woman in her civilian clothes brandishing a broken rod from a cot as her only defense, her wild hair working its way free from its restraint. I knew I should have worn my uniform on the train. Damn mother and her ridiculous notion that I should dress like a normal person while in the states. She itched to have her boots on instead of these stupid flats. She sighed, waiting for the woman to answer.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:35 am
"You can call me Steph. It's what everyone else calls me, and besides that it's way shorter than my real name. I'm currently a solo operative for the international organization, IDOW." A swift buzzing in Steph's ears from Corry as he hissed, "Watch what information you give her." Steph's eyes flicker in anger as she lifts a hand to her earpiece. "This isn't even my job, you forced all of this on me so now I guess you're going to have to let me do things my way."

She flashes a grim quirk of her lips before continuing, "The why is a long story. I'd prefer to have it with you sitting down, there's a table and some chairs in the room right here. You've only been out for three or four hours, but I have some coffee too if you want it." Steph regarded the small [yet strangely wild-looking] woman for a few seconds before slowly making her way into the other room, making certain to keep her back from facing the other woman [at least until she was out of her throwing reach]. The chair on the other side of the table made a small screech when she pulled it out. As Steph sat down she glanced down at the file on the center of the table. This was definitely going to be an interesting conversation. A thought of grim amusement passes through Steph's mind as she sips her coffee.Let's see how badly IDOW wishes they could fire me after this.  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:34 pm
Roen nodded, and as the woman walked into the other room, she set the rod down in the chair. She straightened and attempted to make herself more presentable, tying her hair back up and smoothing her shirt out. I don't know why I feel the need to make myself look pretty, they've already seen my crazy side. But maybe, they'll see that I can be civil as well. Roen sighed and walked into the next room, taking a seat across from Steph. "Okay, tell me everything."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:17 pm
Having just finished her thought on how much IDOW would like to fire her after her little interview, the young woman's comment made Steph inhale deeply in complete and utter amusement at how pissed they would be if she did just that. Unfortunately, she was sipping at her [decaf] coffee at that precise moment. She put the mug back onto the table and thumped her chest with her other fist, coughing rather loudly as she did. Oh man, forget them firing me... they'll practically kill me if I do something like that.  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:29 pm
Roen watched the woman in front of her practically choke on her coffee, crossed her arms, and raised an eyebrow. "At least say why you want me, and what it is you want me to do. You wouldn't have brought me here if you didn't need me for something." Roen eyed the coffee on the table, the drugs left her groggier than she would like to admit, even to herself.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:51 pm
Steph cleared her throat and replied, "You're quite right, we do need you for something." She gestures a hand to the rather thick file on the table between them then slides it towards her. "Long story short is IDOW has been keeping an eye on you. For a very long time. Your ah- specialties in combat to say are what make you special and it's because of that reason that you were brought here. Essentially, they want you to become an agent." Steph pauses in her short little speech to watch the other woman's reactions.  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:33 am
Roen pulled the file towards herself and opened it. Inside was everything she had every done: fencing competitions, martial arts belt awards, and her entire military history, just to name a few. "Specialties in combat? So you want me to snipe for you? But I already snipe for the US Army, why would I need to work for you? What's in it for me?" She flipped through her files for a moment longer, and then closed it. It was weird to be looking at her own life. After closing the file, she leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms, showing that she was going to need some convincing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:20 pm
Steph turned quiet for a long while. Long enough, to where Corry buzzed into the com unit in her ear, "Steph, tell her that we have her mother in custody-" She twitched, her hands fisting as she realized what tactic they were taking and eyes narrowed. "-She will be taking our missions with a partner we pre-chose for her if she wants to keep her mother ali-" Steph lets out an involuntary snarl, effectively shutting Corry up. She takes a few moments to breathe- control your anger control your anger don't blow thing this up -slowly, she brings a hand up to her com and removes it. There's dead silence in the room. Right up until she brings the com unit to hover over her mug of coffee.

There's quite a lot of angry and desperate yelling that could be heard even at the distance the two young women were at. And then Steph drops it into the mug with a dainty little plop.

With some effort, unclenching her hands as she grips the edges of the table Steph rose to her feet as she began speaking again, "You know, we're actually a lot alike you and I. Granted I started a little earlier than you, joined the U.S. military when I was seventeen. Ended up being a demolitionist for a search and rescue unit." Steph glances up at the woman across from her. "Your team is your family, you watch out for one another. You would die to save their life and they would do the same for yours. I lost count how many times I ran through fire and ash to reach someone who fell behind enemy lines. You learn trust each other, because you know that no matter what there will be someone to fight for you."

A sad look crosses over Steph's face as she mutters, "We lost that trust in the end."

She clears her throat to continue. "About a year ago, I got an invitation to join IDOW- something they should have done with you. They could have given me several reasons to join. Money is something they have a lot of, given the fact that they're backed by several of the major countries. Or the honor of something worth fighting for. While I do fight with purpose, it's never been about honor for me. No, when IDOW asked me to join them they only had to tell me of their cause, and of the team I would be assigned with."

"Because you see, IDOW specializes in taking down a rather unique breed of terrorist. There isn't really a name for them, we haven't gotten much time to talk with them considering that they're constantly trying to kill us. Several of the other field agents have their own names for them... I won't give you mine, I'm actually trying t keep this conversation- er, appropriate to say. Our job is basically track, take into custody if you can; not that anyone's actually succeeded; kill if you have to, gather intel, and save both civilians and soldiers lives alike. Judging by your background, I don't think you'll have a problem with that."  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:26 am
Roen watched Steph drop the earpiece into the coffee and visibly relaxed. She didn't know why, but she trusted this woman. She had been drugged and taken into custody, and this woman wasn't having any of those things, and Roen trusted that. "For me, being a sniper means always having your team's back. For now, I trust you Steph, and I'm willing to give this a shot. However, there needs to be one concession, tell the guys who decided to kidnap me, that if they lay one finger on my mother, they won't even know what hit them." She tensed again at the thought of losing her mother to these people. Hopefully, I'm making the right choice, to work with these people. Lord help me. "Tell me what you know of these 'terrorists'."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 am
"If IDOW tries to hurt your mother, you and I will not be the only ones on their heels, I can tell you that much." Steph remained on her feet, the conversation wouldn't take much longer and besides that she wasn't sure that IDOW wouldn't bust down the other door in an attempt to shut her up... "What I know.. isn't a whole lot actually. My information is limited to the kinds of missions I personally take; search and rescue, and breaking through their ranks. I know they have no morals when it comes to human life. I know they have insanely enhanced armor and weaponry, regular bullets won't work on them." She displays a grim smile down at the woman seated before her, then continues. "While they may be mostly bullet-proof, I've found that they're definitely not fire-proof."

"With IDOW though, you'll be given top of the line tools. So long as you get them in the head, most of them should come down. Only the higher-ups seem to have considerably.. ah, more efficient armor. Most of what you'll be doing is supporting your allies actions, and y'know making sure they aren't overwhelmed. The likelihood that you'll be sent into the thick of it is very slim."  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:35 pm
Roen now stood, ready to get going. She wanted to have a crack at these terrorists. Anything that is bent on destroying human life needs to be ended, and she knew that she was the woman for the job. If shooting them in the head was one of the only ways to kill them, then she was set. "So that's why you recruited me, because of my head shot accuracy." She speculated. She looked Steph in the eye with determination, "Okay, then lead the way. Where too first?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:15 pm
Steph displays her first, genuine smile in the form of a wide toothy grin. "Nice enthusiasm. The two of us will be heading over to get you fitted for uniform and armor, then we'll be doing some tests. Just to make certain you're prepped for the field. After that's done you'll be shown to your room. We have a twelve hour minimum reprieve between testing and missions, unless we're under attack." She starts to walk over to the other door, but stops short. "Oh yeah, I forgot to ask given our circumstances earlier. While I was technically supposed to read over your entire file, I mostly just skimmed over the personal stuff. Family associations, most of your medical history, and your name and such. Honestly, pretty much everyone here gives a different name than their own; even me. Though mine is pretty close... Anyways, I was wondering what you'd like me to call you?"  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:25 am
Roen shrugged, "I guess you can call me Red, everyone will anyway once they catch a glimpse of my hair." She pushed her chair into the table, and walked to follow Steph. "Okay, lets go get our gear, I'm really ready to get some boots on, these flats are killing me." She was so ready to be back in gear, where she felt at home and at peace. She liked being in control, and having the gear and weapons she loved helped her feel in control of her situation. As long as I have some boots, a gun, and some ammo, I'm ready for anything. However, she was a little anxious for the testing, she wondered what kind of tests they were going to do. She pushed the thought to the back of her mind. Probably the same test they do in the Army, I'll be fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:00 pm
Steph laughs as she opens the door for the two of them [purposely ignoring Corry and the other soldiers as they walk out into the hallway]. "Ha! Yeah, after being in the military for so long, any other shoe type just drives me crazy!" The walk is a short one. Through the next doorway is locker rooms; men one the left and women on the right. Once inside Steph directs Red to her own locker and hands her a folded slip of paper. "This is your combination, try not to forget it. The process to get a new one is a bigger pain than it really should be." She then makes her way to her own locker a few feet down. As per usual, her uniforms and armor for different missions are there, along with sparing gear.. all standard-issue black.

"They'll basically be doing the same test as the army, so you shouldn't have any problem passing. I'll be there for most of it as well. They'll probably be wanting to see how you and I can compare our fighting styles." As she speaks to Red, she starts to dress down out of her uniform, and into an equally as dark sparing outfit. She leaves underclothes on, but the vicious looking tribal tattoos that cover her arms and torso are on full display. Older silvery and angry-red recent scars stand out against the dark ink under her skin. But despite the number of scars visible, none seem to reach her back. "First is basic physical stuff; running, climbing, close quarters combat. Then is medium range and long range; mostly shooting honestly. Last test will be out in the field, making sure that you work all right with a partner."  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:12 pm
Red followed Steph out the door, glancing at the soldiers they passed, and continuing into the locker rooms. She nodded as Steph handed her the combination, memorized it, and opened her locker. She rummaged through the uniforms and armor, noting that they all seemed to be in her size. She grabbed some more comfortable under clothes and changed into them. While she did that, the only tattoo she had (a straight black line down her spine about a third on an inch thick) was visible. She would have preferred to change in private, but after her years in the army, she didn't bat an eyelash. She found her own sparing outfit, and donned it. The black made her look even smaller than she did before, her pale skin and red hair striking against the dark of the uniform.

She noted Steph's tattoos as she changed, "Nice tattoos, must have taken a while to get all of those done." She pulled on her boots and laced them up, feeling much more at home and at ease. "I think I'll do fine with the testing then. So, you're going to be my partner?" She stood and looked at Steph.  
~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff