Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Overworld
[FIN] When I Found You (Riot & Nikita) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:49 pm
(Rolled a 4 on the previous page)

Nikita's ears twitched to the sudden snapping sound coming from behind her. A flash of lightning beamed above as she whirled around to face him in almost perfect unison, before the thunder rattled the earth. The hunk of flesh in her mouth quivered as she tightened her maw and begun to growl lowly.

Cain was close by, she could feel the presence of another in addition to the one before her. It had to be him. This one wasn't dark, but he had pink on his head. Much like the precious stone she lost.

Sharp bloodied claws gripped at the earth. At least she seemed to be listening. Her ears perked forward and burning eyes were poised upon Riot.
Slowly her head lowered while her shoulder's hunched while she begun to move closer. Hackles shot up and nostrils flared. That low growling ceased immediately as she started to move. No, she wasn't listening, she was hunting again.

Above Cain spread his wings. It was getting harder to maintain his position with the winds picking up. Even for his powerful dark-wings. To make the weather less favorable the clouds seemed to burst all at once. The wind made the raid fall sideways, which pricked at his eyes. Even his ears were affected the the loud winds, thunder and sound of rain pounding against the dry earthy floor...

Ech... He could just barely make out the tan and white blur below. The air was thick with tension. Nikita was was predictably unpredictable as he had thought. Growing up she was more and more adept to snap like a twig and blindly attack. It would have been so useful... Cain did what he could in tuning that "skill" of her's. He was so close.

He snarled. It was his own fault. Cain believed she was ready for her first hunt... than -he- had to show up. Riot. At least, she did have her first kill. Perhaps bits of the fur could be salvaged to bring back to MS as proof. Better yet, perhaps they would destroy each other.

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:17 pm
Taking in a slow breath, Riot's ear turned as he seemed to know that Nikita had mauled another of their kind. It was like the weaver seemed to tell him that, and caused him to turn his ear. Whisper in his soul, telling him that it was wrong and something that shouldn't have been done. But. He couldn't think about that right now, Nikita seemed to not be fazed by his words. The repercussions would have to be thought upon later.

However, if needed he would sit on her again...

"Nikita..." Riot tried once more, his blue eyes watched her own carefully. Stopping, his postured slowly lowered to the ground. Paws flexed and grabbed at the ear, habitually.

She didn't scare him. That was not to say she wasn't dangerous, but he was Earth. With being such he was stubborn, not to mention very sure of his own power and proud of it. His sharp eyes, watched how her claws dug into the earth, and his neck stretched and placed it's self on the ground. Slowly a very heavy and think sound rumbled though the earth. It reverberated and seemed to echo from the ground it's self. It's source?

It came from the magus, who had started purring to try and call her down.

GunSniper

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:20 pm
(Above 6 (+3 to roll for purring) )

Nikita continued to prowl forward despite the mountain's change in posture. Her mind was completely focused on the target before her. He was big, but that did nothing to waver her ambitions in taking him down.

The rain came down and seemed to down out most senses, even vision and a bit of her hearing. Her eyes narrowed on the blurry mass past the rain.

*Rumble*

A strange vibration tickled at her toes. The sensation was enough to cause her to stop completely in her tracks. She spat the hunk of flesh to the side than carefully and cautiously begun to lower her chin to the ground. It was odd. Her mind was pulled from the "red" rage of her thoughts completely by that feeling and sound. It echoed even above the rain.

Nikita's hackles relaxed completely. Even her eyes begun to close a little while she listened and felt that rumbling purr.

Cain grunted as struggled to see what was going on past the veil of rain. A strong gust of wind begun to set him off course. It was becoming almost hazardous to remain where he was...

Mental not on where the two were.

Can turned back toward the forest. He needed to find a perch. Somewhere he could take flight at a moment's notice and at the same time keep watch on what these two were doing. The timing had to be perfect.

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:40 pm
When The rain started to fall, Riot's eyes remained focused on Nikita's. As if they had a mind of their own the hanging brush above her started to twist and come together to form a canopy, a rain guard over her as she stopped.

A breath released from Riot as the word was done, and a 'roof' was made above her to keep her fire body from the rain. Eye lids, relaxed a little as the work took more effort then he was use to, but it was okay because she would be dryer as it was not easy for her to warm when wet.

Not wanting to hinder the moment, and her relaxed state Riot remained still. The purring continued with mild effort as Nikita continued to relaxed and Riot was able to released a sigh of relief in the rain.

GunSniper

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:53 pm
Nikita's chin pressed firmly against the ground. She was so focused on the purring that she did not notice that the rain had stopped falling attop her head. Her fur was only mildly soaked, not enough to break through to her skin.

The thick scent of blood seemed to be washed away by the downpour and Nikita was able to focus on her other senses. That noise was soothing. Despite her previous rage she felt it impossible to be angry at the moment, or consumed by it. She still ached, but it wasn't a hindering feeling.

What she had done moments ago, before Riot had shown up, seemed to leave her mind at the moment. There was something else calling to her now. Something stronger than regret, something she had longed for as when she was with Morning Star. Peace of mind.

Her ears continued to be propped forward as she listened to the being in front of her.

Cain folded his wind over his head to protect his eyes from the sideways falling rain. He had found a good perch to settle on, but it was not close enough to have a continued visual on his pray.

A sudden shiver ran down his spine as if to remind him of why he couldn't simply swoop in and finish the job.

This was not acceptable. He could not fail his Lord again. That would merit his own death! And, if Morning Star should deem it so, he would be rid of his own useless self. However, he would rather prove his competence. His goat goal was to carry out his lord's wishes.

He frowned as he gazed in the direction he had last seen those two. They couldn't have moved... but he didn't hear any signs of combat. Only the wind and rain seemed to be clashing. The female had a loud roar, surely he would have at least herd her or felt the earth rumble by now!

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:16 pm
"...Nikita..." Left Riot in a soft rumble in the earth, given halt to the purring in only the moment he spoke. Giving a try at calling for her once more. The downpour of rain didn't seem to bother, Riot as he managed to stretch the canopy to rest over him just a bit.

Fire, do you hear me now...?

The Earth shifted his tail a little in the brush, hoping that when she calmed down she wouldn't react too badly the life she mauled. If she found any care for the pile that was once a nahtill, a living breathing b'alam. That for all they knew maybe had a friend like him that was looking for her......

Weaver reassured him that she wasn't 'there' anymore, and not feeling pain.

A huff left Riot, as he tried to relive some of the heaviness it brought on. Little did he know, the 'weight' was brought on to him, was by being closer to the Weaver like he was now, being stronger and fully awakened. He was slowly realizing such things, as he became more and more aware of what powers the Grand Weaver had blessed him with.

Perhaps, he could use such gifts to help Nikita....

GunSniper

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm
Nikita lifted her head to the call, her ears bounced to each syllable he spoke, and her eyes widened a little. The movement of his tail was noticed, but she held her eyes squarely on him. More specifically his eyes.

Suddenly she became more aware of the taste of blood that was in her mouth. A good amount of it. Almost over powering. Almost. Her nostrils flared a moment to take in more of the scent before she licked the side of her maw. More blood.

Her eyes begun to pull away from Riot, but as if a short string were attached between the two B'alam she returned immediately to look at him. It wasn't his blood. He was clean. She wasn't in pain so it surely wasn't her own...

Nikita opened her mouth but only one word passed her tongue; "Riot?"

She knew he was in front of her. He was there. The mountain in front of her was not a mystery. The single word seemed to represent a slew of questions all at once, all blocked by a single thought, presence and name.

Cain drew in a deep breath. Still no movement, and now the slight smell of blood caught up with his nose. Just a small bit made it past the cleansing rains. There must have been a lot of it... Oh, but how it was a reminder that he would need something to feast off of soon. If he didn't draw blood he would be of no use to anyone.

He glanced up at the raging storm a moment before returning his sights to where his targets should be.

No, he couldn't leave now. That would risk loosing the both of them. Everything was still silent over there. There was no telling what the two of them were doing. Both were alive, he didn't feel that familiar presence of death. That sinking feeling. As if the world were bent out of shape for a brief second.

Something would have to happen soon... he couldn't wait for the clouds to part and the sun to come through.

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:59 pm
A little smile curled on Riot's maw as a sigh of relief passed just as well. Oh good, the relief was short lived as he felt his stomach drop as her eyes started to pull from him to look at what she was laying on. But he still managed to keep her gaze....

Another sigh of relief. He admittedly didn't know how she was going to react, or even if she understood what she had done. His heart told him, but the tone of his spoken name, she had no idea what had happened or what she did...

"That's it. Eyes on me." Riot smiled, as he slowly started to lift himself from the ground. Taking a step closer, he spoke just as calmly as before.

"Lets go over here, okay...?" The b'alam suggested, and nodded his head over to a large tall rock, that over hung on it's self creating a naturally partly slanted roof. It would do well to get them out of the rain, and he could work on helping her clean up. It too perhaps would be better for her to look at the fallen mess at a distance, then to be bearing down on it. After his nod over to the large rock, Riot moved his fat head to nudge her own slender and sleek one kindly. Echoing a reassuring purr into her ear and the side of her head

Riot wasn't going to hide it from her, no. He felt she needed to know what she had done or she would never come to terms with it.

GunSniper

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:49 am
Nikita held her eyes on Riot. "Eyes on Me", those words seemed to take hold over every thought in her mind and she felt compelled to carry out the request. Unblinking she remained focused on his deep blue eyes.

As he leaned in to nuzzle her gently, Nikita returned the soft nuzzle lightly. More as an acknowledgement of his presence than a full act of affection. Perhaps it was even a subconscious "thank you". That much was unknown to her.

"Alright..." She whispered softly, the sound was almost lost to the rain and wind.

Even as she spoke she could feel the thick iron-tasting ooze coating the inside of her mouth. It almost stuck to her tongue like honey, but was bitter. Nikita flinched subtly as flashes of what had happened shot through her mind as quick as the lightning striking at the sky. She winced a moment before huddling close enough for her fur to brush against Riot's.

"...I took the life of another..." Nikita breathed cautiously as if the words could shatter the earth.

Her head begun to turn about to get a glimpse of what she had left behind. "Eyes on me" she could hear those words clearly in her mind and was quick to look back up at the underside of his face.

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:10 pm
Being so close to Nikita, Riot had no problem hearing her very soft words. Her words caused him to release a soft breath as he watched her from the corner of his blue gaze. Taking a swallow, he nodded to her.

"It wasn't yours to take." Riot answered, before he turned his head to look over at the cover of the rock. However, his eyes raised to the sky at the reminder of Cain nearby.

"But that can wait, there only one thing you can do now." The b'alam, reassured with a little soaked smile. He leveled his head to her own instead of towering over her and her horns. Blue eyes seemed to gleam even more so in the darkness, past the rain...

"Lets dust off our paws and move on...." Riot told her with a little smirk of a mild grin. It was how he always had dealt with things in the past. His own shadows, how he carried on with them....

After a moment, The Tahtll turned his head to look over where they had bed down for the night. His large brown tail shifted in thought, Cain was still committed to becoming a problem. He didn't feel him close, so the rain and the weather must be deterring him. His ears shifted in the rain, feeling them starting to dampen, he had to listen closely past the thunder of the rain.

"shouldn't linger, if we can help it. He is nearby..."

GunSniper

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:31 pm
Nikita winced as Riot mentioned it wasn't her's to take. Her lips thinned and her frame tensed. Even more so as Riot noted that -he- was likely near by.

"No." Nikita growled as she paused in mid step. Her head shook. "I will not run."

Her brow furrowed while she looked over to Riot.

"This is still my hunt and I have yet to catch prey..." Nikita glanced up at the sky briefly before returning her determined fiery gaze to Riot. "No more running from me."

A bolt of lightning tore across the sky again followed by an earth shaking rattle. Nikita bore her claws into the ground and took a deep breath.

"As long as we are being pursued there will be no moving on. I will find him and I -will- end this. One way or another."

The words seemed to linger in the downpour a moment before Nikita turned around and away from the cover of the overhanging rock. The shock of her first murder had washed away to reveal anger, again. Not toward Riot, but toward Cain and ultimately Morning Star. She knew what she had done was wrong. That it was not her life to take... hearing those words sparked her firey rage all the more. Each step she took back toward the tall grass was more determined than the last.

She was ready to take on Cain now, no more allowing him to control her....

"Let me have this last hunt by myself." She spoke allowed to Riot.

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:58 am
Riot's own brow rose past the weight of the rain that rested on it, as Nikita growled at him. His own lips thinned out, and his massive tail whipped and flicked behind him. This was getting out of control....

His own brow slipped forward on his brow as Nikita's did as if to join her own in a well orchestrated dance. His head lowered to level out with her own.

A slow breath released from him, as he should easily speak on how well she 'had 'hunted' with a 'level and cool head' just before he had found her.

"We are -not- running." Riot told her. "I am merely suggesting you calm down, before you loose yourself completely." His tone was fine and serious as her fiery gaze seemed to challenge her own. The flash of lightening lit the dimming sky, and seemed to make her movement's slow with the drastic change of light.

As she turned away from him, Riot only had to clear four long strides before he faced her and blocked her path. His tail raise and partly made a large 'c'

"I will not." He told her, his own tone was still unmoved and remained level, as well as calm. Raising his head he looked back at Nikita as she was so determined to leave and go off by herself once more. Did she just tell him what to do?

"You're not alone." Riot reminded her, his head raised to it's more proper and proud state. "And we're are not cubs, anymore." He told her, stepping closer.

"Nikita..." His voice lower but still softly rumbled past the raindrops.

"We're not cubs anymore and Bob isn't here to protect us-we need to do that our selves...I know that" The grown cub repeated her more sincerely. They had grown without each other, though they had promised to remain together. Well, that they where the only one of each and they didn't need to find any other; because their thoughts where so much better together.

"But, does our promise still hold anything with you anymore...?" Riot asked her...

It did for him, it was the main reason he went thought all he did to find her, once more.

GunSniper

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:00 am
This time Nikita held her head high, not reverting to an aggressive stance with Riot. Her firey eyes narrowed into his deep blue gaze challengingly. Not to look down on him, but to look upon him equally.

Unlike Riot, her own tail remained low to the ground, still and firm. Brows furrowed further as she listened to him.

"I have been without you and Bob most of my life... I have protected myself most of my life. My last night with you and Bob was the last night I truly felt safe and sound. I stopped being a cub a -long- time ago."

Her eyes begun to gloss over and well up. She clenched her teeth and snarled a moment to fight back the tears from building up any more. Nikita refused to cry now. Not now, not in this moment.

Another flash of light blared across the sky and a rumble of thunder shook the earth. The rain continued to be relentless as it poured out over the land. The wind died down allowing the rain to pour straight down. It seemed as if the land wanted to listen to this exchange.

"You have not once offered to take down this nightmare -with- me. Only to run and hide. I will not go another day with it trailing us for any opportunity. " Nikita countered boldly. "I have done nothing but hide in your shadow instead of face this. Either this nightmare ends today or I do, and I assure you I have every intention to see the sun rise tomorrow."

Nikita's brow furrowed and this time she released a low foreboding growl.

"That promise gave me hope for the longest time that you would find me and save me from my hell... Even when they tortured me I thought of that promise. I thought of -you-. YOU held everything with me. But you weren't there. For a long time you were not there! You won't always be there, and when you are not there I need to fight. Because when I fight there is a chance that what I am fighting might be a wall keeping me from you!"

As the winds begun to slow down Cain could get a better barring with his keeping aloft. No doubt Riot and Nikita were close by. He had to make his move soon or else he would have once again failed at containing these two... if he could take down a magus... no. There was no way he could bring Riot down. Not by himself. Besides, that should be an honor for Morning Star.

Cain swiveled his ears about. The winds lack of howling did help him hear more, however, the torrential rains were still a nuisance. The lightning also caused problems with his sight. Every sudden burst left him slightly blind for a moment more... Curse the light.

Still, with his eyes he could see more in the dark than the rest of them.

He would have to stay close to the trees. Something he could easily launch off of if need be. That was another cursed downside...

There! His ears perked forward, water poured from his fur and splashed with every flap of his wings. He could just faintly make out their voices just beyond the thick of trees. Though he could not make out their exact words, the exchange did not sound like a pleasant one.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 pm
Nikita's word were like a sharp kick to the stomach. She had been alone, because Bob and him had not been there.
"Do you think, I don't know that?" Riot told her, his bowed tail flicked behind him and lowered. He took a step closer to Nikita and lowered his fat head to level his gaze with her own as she challenged him.

His words hushed and seethed with his own personal anger toward himself. His tail whipped around behind him. Watching Nikita's eyes start to glaze to well up, like she had done so often as a cub. Released a huff from Riot and he turned himself, and took a few paces away from Nikita.

What was he suppose to say? Should, he even begin to try to defend his side of it? Did he even had a right to? Would she even listen to him in her state of mind right now?!

His ear turned back to her next set of words and it stopped his pace compleatly. Turning around, Riot's eyes narrowed upon Nikita.

Run and hide?!

How dare she.

The words almost sent a harsh growl to leave his body, but thank the weaver, he managed to control himself.

"Then stop acting like I am still dead to you!" Riot told her.

"There wasn't a day spend we didn't look for you, and when I could, I have traveled this world for -you-." He told her, not to gloat or rub it in her face.

"I have done things, and hurt more then I should. For you. Yet, when I have finally found you, you are nothing more then a ghost." It wasn't her fault he knew that, but from the moment he first saw her, he was only greeted by open claw and maw.

"Nikita, I am not your night mare. Yet, out of all that have dared to face me. Or tried to stop me from getting to you. By far, my dear you have injured my pelt and what is not see the most." He told her.

"I am not the one running." Riot answered, though the rain. If he was running he would have dragged Nikita kicking and screaming by her horns.

She spoke of his shadow. And her memory and their promise...

"I have only sheltered you, from yourself-to keep you from charging in and killing what ever was left of how the weaver wove you." He tried to explain to her his motives. Riot was simply waiting for a renewed understanding to be granted to her....one that wouldn't attack and take the breath of another she knew nothing about.

"I am sure your memory of me, is more then I deserve, but I am here as you live and breath. And you know, Cain can not overcome me, and I surely can protect you. Nikita these walls you speak of, don't come from your nightmares-but from you."

Wow, looked like some of those teaches from Sir. Robert really did manage to sink into that fat head of his.

Riot's body remained poised, and his tail angled as he readied himself to chase after Nikita if he must. Or act incase their little pest, that he knew lingered by, acted.

Gunsniper

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:08 pm
Nikita's expression melted when she watched Riot turn away. He seemed to be at a loss of words. What could he say? Perhaps her words were too harsh. She had no idea what he had gone through. Though he was not there, he had his own struggles to go through while she was going through her own. Her mouth parted, but before she could utter the words "Ry", Riot came back with the rest of what she would consider scolding.

That hard cold expression returned almost immediately. Her fangs peeked out from under her lips. The words formed into another low growl. She could hear the heavy thumping of his tail and shifting of his large frame even over the heavy downpour of rain. In fact, the rain itself seemed to quiet down even though it continued to fall. Her veins felt as if they were pushing fire through her body, her eyes felt as if they too were burning in their sockets. Her nostrils flared.

"What do you think I have been talking about this entire time, Riot? Are you so blinded by yourself that nothing I have said has made a lick of sense to you?!" She roared. "You shelter me from me? Than you say I am my own nightmare. All you have been doing is caging a nightmare and keeping it close."

The thick rain continued to pour down, making Nikita's now drenched fur too weighted down to appear puffed out and raised in her anger. Another rattle of thunder shook the earth and a flash of light seemed to make Nikita's burning eyes light up all the more.

"Right now, Riot, you are part of my Nightmare. Cain won't win against you, but that does very little for me when you are not here. I can't hope for you to come around every time I have trouble to deal with. "

Her gaze held strong against his. She never in her wildest nightmare would have thought to be pitted against Riot.

"Right now if feels as if the Riot I trusted and knew is-"

Before Nikita could finish her ultimatum, her ears swiveled back. Cain. She could feel his presence close by. He was overhead, possibly circling high above them far out of reach. She could feel his presence off and on. He was up there waiting.

Despite her ears moving back to listen for Cain, her eyes remained on Riot. Her frame tensed and readied to spring into action in the blink of an eye.

Cain could just barely see Nikita's ghostly pelt through the curtain of rain. Riot's hair was just a bit more visible, but a -slightly- smaller sight target. Such big head that one head. A wonder he could see it from all the way up here...

Purposely Cain swooped slightly lower, just enough to where he could feel their spirits, knowing full well that they could feel his presence as well. They had to already know he was stalking him, and that seemed to make tensions rise between the two of them. Perhaps, the two fighting each other would be the only option he had at the moment. A fitting punishment for the both of them.

It didn't matter who came out on top in that fight. Neither would walk away without a good scar.

Another flash of light stretched across the sky. Cain closed his eyes tight with a growl. He could feel the thunder rumbling against his entire frame. The tips of his wings shuttered. It was a miracle he was still aloft. A storm like this was not one to be aloft in... And if the winds picked up again, he could be blown off course yet again.

Mind over matter. He was stronger than this storm, and he would not fail.
[ Radical Dreamer ]

[ RP Zone ] The Overworld

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces