Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
[Pearl51] I Have to Marry Who?? [Majoring] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grndthftautumn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:01 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════════════════════╗
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels
╚═══════════════════════════════════╝

Letting people down is my thing, b a b y
Find yourself a new gig
This town ain't big enough for two of us

Instead of looking at the incredible legs of the crying girl, Rory looked around the penthouse. A family of five could have easily lived in the space. Everything was shiny, chrome, sleek. Modern and luxury combined in each uncomfortable chair, table, and lamp.
He shook his head. "No. Go ahead."Rory could have really used a minute to throw/punch/kick something and would rather not have Allie present for the meltdown.
Riordan hadn't known the finishing school, Mrs. Tenant's School for the Modern Lady, was Allison's alma mater. "I would have burnt it down before I let them take her." The joke sad in its half-hearted delivery. And he added, "Thank you."
And then she crying again, this time with great force. Her knees buckled beneath the weight of her sorrow. Rory moved towards her on instinct, his chest constricted with desperation to fix this. Alli's promise to move to make his more comfortable just made him feel worse. He knelt beside her, putting a temative hand on her arm.
"Hey, don't worry about it." Riordan said. "Come on. Let's get you to bed." She had said she wanted to clean up, but didn't seem capable of pulling herself up. He stood and offered her his hand.
When she took it, he pulled her to her feet and walked her towards the bedroom in the back.
He hadn't particularly wanted to see the room. There was a bottle of champagne on the bedside table and rose pedals on the comforter, vowing to get rid of all of it while she showered. One less reminder of the last few hours horror show.
Rory swallowed his disgust and looked to Allie. "I'm going to be in the livingroom. Are you going to be alright?"

Anything you say can and will be held against you
So only say my name
It will be held against y o u

Pearl51
OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:09 pm
Majoring_In_Fangirl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Allie allowed him to help her up and leaned on him heavily when he took her to the room. When he asked if she would be alright, she nodded and laid on the bed, hugging a pillow to her chest as she cried. Once all of this emotion was out she wouldn't need to worry about it happening again. She wasn't one for crying, never had been, didn't see a point in it. Crying didn't solve anything. Thankfully she noticed her backpack in the corner, glad at least someone had thought that she would need to work on her finals over the weekend. Though where her clothes were was still a mystery to her. Did they honestly just expect them to roll around in their hotel bed together after the way this was arranged? Rory seemed like a sweet guy, but she had seen the rage burning during the ceremony in his eyes, and she couldn't help but feel like that rage would eventually land on her shoulders. They would be miserable, just like her parents.

Finally she seemed to be done with her hysterics, at least the very emotional ones anyway. Standing up she felt the weight of the whole earth on her shoulders as she made her way to the bathroom and started the shower, glad Rory wasn't in the room with her. She needed a moment away from him to think. Perhaps if she could be logical about this whole situation, they could find a solution that would suit them. Once the water was warmed to her liking she shed off the robe and laid it on the counter, knowing she would need it again. Then she started to pull off all her pristine white undergarments, all of them meant to entice a man, not that much enticing would happen any time soon.

Once completely unclothed she looked at herself in the mirror and shook her head. With tears making all her make up run, she was surprised Rory hadn't run from the room screaming. Between her make up and her hair she looked a frightful mess, her hair sticking up at odd angles from the hairspray. With her inspection done she hopped into the shower and scrubbed her face thoroughly, the water soothing away the puffiness. Then she washed her hair quickly, wanting it to at least hang someone nicely.

The steam and warm water wrapped around her like a blanket as she leaned her shoulder and head against the beautiful blue and gray tiles of the glassed off shower. This hotel was aweful, but she couldn't help but think the shower was nice. It wasn't cold and stark like the rest of the place, but soothing as a bathroom should be. After she finished calming herself down Allie stepped out of the shower and tried herself off with their overly fluffy towels, trying to towel try her hair the best she could. The hairdryer came next, to take away the wet from her hair. It would leave it slightly damp, because it wasn't as powerful as her hairdryer at home, but it would at least make sure it took the chill of wet hair away, especially a mane like hers, long and thick. Wrapping the robe back around herself Allie went back into the bedroom and grabbed the glasses on the night stand and went to phone, ordering up some fruity mixed drinks for herself and some beer for him. She didn't care about not being old enough today, she needed a drink. Walking back out she didn't look over at the living room as she ducked into the kitchen. "I called down and had some drinks ordered up." She called out. She needed to say she was sorry for her outburst, but she couldn't look at him while she did it. She already felt stupid enough. "I'm sorry about that. I'm not one to cry.. ever really." She promised. "So you won't have to deal with it again... and when I do cry I make sure I'm alone." She called out, opening the state of the art refrigerator to see if there were any snacks.  

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200

grndthftautumn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:56 pm
User Image
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels

Find yourself a new gig

Rory pulled the bedroom door closed behind him walked to the living room. An enormous television dominated one wall and floor to ceiling windows the opposite.
Earlier he'd felt on edge of erupting, but helping Allison had quelled his anger. All the fury had burned away, leaving him feeling scorched. He was exhausted, mentally and physically.
He needed a drink. Riordan walked into the kitchen, hoping for a minibar. The kitchen was loaded with all the amenities, state of the art fridge, stove top and more. On the counter was a single sheet of paper..
Curious, Rory crossed to the paper and picked them up. They were penned in his mother's hand writing.
'Hello darling. I hope you are enjoying your small vacation. Everything is being paid for so don't worry about anything. I've included a list of 'To Dos' for the next few years. Your step father, Allison's parents, and I have all agreed on these things. Please remember our deal. Love, Your mother.
To Do for the Week
☐ Open gifts and write thank-you letters
☐ Move in together
☐ Allison - join the Young Social-Lights Club
☐ Riordan- Quit join at the auto store
☐ Host party for your in-laws.
☐ Allison - Change last name
To Do for the Year
☐ Purchase home
☐ Riordan- Enroll in a Business Masters program
To Do for the Next 5 Years
☐ Riordan- Obtain a master's degree in Business
☐ Conceive 1st/2nd child
☐ Allison- Loose baby weight'
Riordan stared at the paper is disgusted disbelief. In addition to drastically altering his life, his mother had now planned it out. "I wonder if she's picked out the kid's name too." He scoffed aloud. He crumpled the paper and threw it in the sink.
He really needed in a drink. luckily, the kitchen had a mini-fridge dedicated to expensive miniature bottles of alcohol. With two small whiskeys and 3 vodkas in hand, Rory went back to the living room and flopped on the couch. He popped open an vodka and took a large swig.
A part of him had hoped his life could just go on as it had up to this point, but apparently his mother had other plans for him.
The door to the bedroom opened and Allison came out in her bathroom, hair damp from the shower. He chuckled when she mentioned the drinks.
"I beat you to the punch. Check the minibar." He said with a humorless chuckle.
He wasn't sure what to say to her strange apology. In all reality, she probably see her new husband flip a chair or break a window before the weekend was out. So he didn't speak, taking another drink instead.
It sounded as though she had pulled herself together, which was comforting. Watching her cry was too much. Something about it made him feel like a failure. If there was one thing he should be able to do right, its make someone feel better.

So only say my name

Pearl51
OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:19 pm
Majoring_In_Fangirl

Allie heard him and opened the mini fridge and grinned. She grabbed out a frosted glass and some ice, grabbing the soda and mixing herself a drink. Then she noticed the paper on the counter, looking like it had been shuffled around. Grabbing it she held her drink and started to read the list, plopping down next to him on the couch, snorting at the list. "Your mother is a piece of work." she said with a shake of her head. "Don't worry though I'll handle the hosting of parties and all that stuff." she said simply. Glancing back at the list she sipped her drink and then noticed something. "You work at an auto store?" she asked surprised. "Do you even have to work?" she asked, her eyes still slightly puffy from crying, though it didn't take away from her astounding natural beauty, that could be seen now that the makeup had been washed from her face.

Thinking about working she started to smile. "My parents never let me work.. but I worked at a little ice cream shop once.. I left before they found out but it was nice to make my own money and feel like I was doing something with my life." she added. There was something about him that was so easy to talk to. Perhaps this could work, that would be nice at least if they could be happy besides it all. Then the words her mother told her came to her mind. Allie sipped at her drink, staring off into space, thinking back throughout her childhood as a stream of mistresses and whores came through their home, all parading on her father's arm.

The memories struck her and she gasped lightly. "I know you didn't want this Rory but.. I want to try and make this work.... I understand I'm not your idea of a wife but.. if we try and it doesn't work.. then we sit down and talk about it. And if you want to have mistresses I don't want to know they even walk on this planet." she said softly. "I watched my mother suffer and still suffer from all my father's mistresses.. I understand all men are that way.. at least all the men I've ever met." she said lightly, looking at him seriously. "I don't know you.. and I'm not trying to insult you saying you won't keep your vows but.. my experience has always been that men never do what they say." she said softly, blushing at her boldness. She had never spoken so candidly before.

Sipping her drink some more she glanced back down at the list. "Once and if we become intimate.. I'll make sure to go on the pill or have an IUD or something of that nature.. at least until we decide when we want children." she said softly. "I won't have them just to fit your mother's schedule however." Blushing some more she looked down and then back to him, feeling shy suddenly, wearing nothing but a robe in front of him.  

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200

grndthftautumn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:39 pm
User Image
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels

Find yourself a new gig

Rory was just polishing off the first vodka, dropping it on the floor, when Jennifer joined him on the sofa.
"Tell me about it." He said, nodding in agreement. "I guarantee you this is just the start of her planning the rest of my life." His mother made lists for everything. She began each day by making a to do list and ended it by checking the last box. The wedding had been like a dream come true for her. So much to organize and choose. She and Allison's mother hadn't even bothered asking what the bride and groom wanted. They'd chosen everything themselves.
Rory nodded at her question. "Joe's Auto Repair on 2rd street." He opened another vodka and took a drink. "I don't really need to work, but I like it. I've always liked cars and down at the shop no one treats me like I'm made of money. I'm just another guy."
He smiled a little, sipping on his drink, while she talked. Allison was remarkably beautiful when she smiled. "Makes you feel like you've gotten something of your own. Something you earned." Ironic that his mother had taken that from him here as well. Riordan never planned on getting married, but maybe Allison had wanted to and she should have gotten a choice. And here it was, the decision taken from her.
When the conversation took a sudden turn, Rory took a big drink. "Don't you think it's a bit early to be talking about mistresses? We've been married all of 8 hours." He stood and walked around the couch, putting some distance between them. "And don't act like I'm the only one stuck with a shitty deal here. I'm not exactly 'Husband of the Year' material. I don't even believe in marriage."
He sighed, took another swig of vodka. "I don't see why our lives can't go our exactly how they were before this. Sure, we put on a show for our parents, but why should you have to give up everything and 'be faithful' to me? Just because a slip of paper says you ought to? ******** that. You don't know me. You may not even like me. Just because your parents say you have to be with mean does not mean you owe me anything."
His hot-tempered fueled his speech. This girl was talking like she'd already lost. His mother could make him get married but she could not forced him to be a husband.

So only say my name

Pearl51
OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:22 pm
Majoring_In_Fangirl
OOC: I sent you an email just so you know smile

Allie jumped up when he started to swear at her. "Don't use that tone with me!" she exclaimed. She stood across from him, ready to battle for the first time in her life. For some reason she really took exception to him being so cavalier about what they had. It may not have any love or meaning, but it was a marriage none the less. "You don't know me." she said. "My word is my bond Rory... and I stood there and promised to be faithful.. and faithful I will be whether you want me to be or not." she explained. Allie wasn't one to have her word questioned. Allie had seen her whole life people give their word and then take it away, she wanted to be different, to not be like them, like her parents.

Allie tossed her hair over her shoulder and looked at him, her eyes blazing. "This is a unfair situation.. and we both know that. The least we can do is try and not be miserable." The more she thought about him wanting to go on like they had before, before they had even been married irritated her. He probably wanted to just go around and sleep with whoever he wanted whenever he wanted. "And don't worry.. keep working at the auto store.. I don't care." she said. The more she thought about it though the more she started to pace, wondering why she was getting to irritated by his words, he was just being honest, so why was his honesty upsetting her? Perhaps because he didn't even want to give this sham of a marriage a chance at all?

She slammed her glass down and then slammed her hand down on the sleek metal table, wincing when she realized what her aggression made her do. Now she probably looked like an idiot. Putting her hand behind her back she realized she caught the corner of the table. "And even if you don't like it then guess what? I have no place else to go! My parents are having all my stuff moved to your condo."  

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200

grndthftautumn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:14 pm
User Image
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels

Find yourself a new gig

Rory was a little more than surprised when Allison stood and shouted. It was hard to believe she was arguing for this. Weren't they on the same side here?
"Your word? That's bullshit! You have to be faithful to me because you promised to at a big, stupid party? You are so naive. In the real world, all the bullshit you proclaim when people are watching isn't worth anything. And neither dor promises you make because of blackmail."
He ran a hand through his already tousled locks, frustration building. She could not be serious. "I'm not going to be miserable and you shouldn't be either. You know what will make you miserable? Trying to play house with me!"
This poor girl obviously had no idea who she married too. Rory was a reputation ruiner. Rich girls slept with him when they wanted their parents or friends or boyfriend or whoever to think they were rebellious. He'd had only a two serious relationships in his life and both had gone down in flames.
This, coupled with his mother's five (going on six if you asked him) marriages lead to commitment issues and a strong belief that love wasn't sustainable.
Either you love someone passionately, but briefly, the fireworks extinguished as soon as they starts, or you drift apart slowly, finding yourself or them in the arms of someone else. Love is finite, a limited resource. It just isn't worth all the pain and heartbreak.
"I don't give a s**t where you live! I don't owe you anything. Not my time, not my enegry, and sure as s**t not my 'fidelity.'"

So only say my name

Pearl51
OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:27 pm
Majoring_In_Fangirl

Allie's eyes widened when he basically insulted her. He was thinking her word didn't mean anything, and he was angry, he already hated her, and her life was going to be awful. When he said he didn't care where she lived however, and that he didn't owe her his time her bottom lip quivered. "Well if you feel that way about it." she said simply, not wanting to cry in front of him. It was bad enough they were stuck together, but now he didn't even want to try. Allie walked away from him and into the bedroom, turning before she closed the door.

Looking him over her eyes started to well up again and she shook her head before she closed the door but not locking it, he could come in if he wanted, to get his things. She couldn't get away from him, not away from this place for the weekend, but she could stay in here, in this room. Allie looked at the flower peddles on the bed and pushed them all onto the floor. Searching around she still couldn't find a bag with her clothes in it. Sighing as she looked at the more than comfortable looking white bed. She pulled the tie on her robe and then dropped it to the floor. Standing there in the room she felt strange being nude, not used to the sensation. Growing up she had always had to be properly dressed, at every moment.

After a moment she pulled the covers back on the bed and slid in between the silken feeling sheets, sighing as the fabric rubbed across her skin. She closed her eyes and laid there, trying not to think about how rude he had been to her.  

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200

grndthftautumn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 pm
User Image
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels

Find yourself a new gig

Her response was curt, to the point. She was obviously furious, but her eyes brimmed with tears.
He cursed inwardly. 'She can't go and cry on me. It isn't fair.'
But Allison did not stay. She whipped around and marched into the bathroom. Before she closed the door, she appraised him and apparently found him wanting.
Rory hadn't been done arguing, his anger still building, but Allie had closed the discussion.
The scream threatening to burst from his lips was barley suppressible, leaving as a growl instead. With a sweep of his arm, he knocked everything of the end table and it landed on the hardwood floor with a satisfying crash. This woman was impossible. She must have had Stockholm Syndrome or something. There was no rational reason to just roll over and bow down to some rich parents.
He flopped onto the couch, finishing the second Vodka and opening the third. He drank that one and continued to drink until he slipped from a drunken stupor into sleep.
~The Next Morning~
A blinding light stained Rory's eyelids. His blue eyes blinked open and he groaned as a shot of pain seared through his head. With an arm draped over his face, he tried to go back to sleep, but the light was persistent.
With great difficulty, Rory sat up. The empty alcohol containers rolled to the floor with a clatter. The motion set a wave of nausea through him and more needles in the temple. He put his throbbing head in his hands and tried to get his bearings.
Where was he? This wasn't his bed or his couch. The penthouse. That's right. "I'm a married man.' He said humorlessly, his voice dry. His shirt reeked of vodka and his back was stiff. The good money was he looked worst than he felt.
Climbing to his feet was difficult because the world wouldn't stop wobbling beneath his feet. He almost fell twice as he stumbled towards the bathroom and, thus, the bedroom. The door was almost open when he realized a simmering wife had disappeared behind this door last night.
He didn't know what time it was and he didn't want to fight with her, not like this. So instead, he made his way to the second bathroom (what hotel room needs two bathrooms?)
Rory peeled the clothes from his body, the vodka making them like a sticky second skin. The lights were kept off and the water cold as he showered. It wasn't until he'd gotten out of the shower that he realized he didn't have any other clothing. With a sigh of resignation, he pulled on yesterday's pants, but left off the potent shirt.
Shower. Check. Food was next. The fridge had a complimentary meat and cheese platter which he helped himself too as he ordered room service. The young heir had hardly eaten yesterday which left him ravenous today. That being noted, yesterday's alcohol was threatening to overturn his stomach at the slightest provocation. But it was his anger that won out in the end. Rory knew Allison's parents had rented the room and were paying for everything. So he ordered the entire breakfast menu and told the waitress to give herself a 50% tip.
He poured himself a large glass of water and limped back to the couch to wait for breakfast.

So only say my name

Pearl51
OOC:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:55 am
Majoring_In_Fangirl

Allie slept well, not dreaming, not moving until the morning. It was one of those sleeps that's so like an a coma, you don't want to wake up the next morning. Groggily blinking her eyes the events of yesterday came flooding back. She was a wife, to a man who didn't even believe in marriage. Luckily for the both of them, she was back to her normal chipper self, the events of yesterday having drained on her, but today after a good sleep, she felt much more ready to conquer the day and the challenge of Rory, and what a challenge he was.

Tossing aside the plush blanket she found her trusty robe and pulled it back on, hoping some clothes would be sent today. Going to the bathroom she brushed her hair out, not wanting to look crazy when she went out to greet him. Her eyes lost their puffiness, and her face was back to it's beautiful self. Sighing softly she took a breath and then went out into the living room. Noticing Rory on the couch, and all the liquor bottles on the floor she assumed he was in a sorry state of hangover. Noticing the menu by the phone, she didn't bother ordering breakfast, though she would need to ask if he had ordered enough for both of them. In the kitchen she started to brew a little honey tea, knowing it would help his probably queasy stomach.

Coffee mug in hand as her weapon, she calmly walked over to him, her posture back to being the thing of perfection, her emotions compose, all thanks to her dreadful finishing school. They didn't have classes like, 'How do deal with a husband who didn't want to be married 101', though it would have come in helpful right about now. "Honey." she said simply, setting the mug down. "Honey tea I mean." she said, realizing her blunder, that could set off an entirely new argument knowing him. "It will sooth your stomach." she promised.  

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200

grndthftautumn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 am
User Image
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels

Find yourself a new gig

Rory laid down, draping his arm over his eyes. He didn't move except to take a sip of water lest the room beginning to spin again.
As awful as throbbing in his head was, it prevented any kind of higher thought and for that, Rory was grateful. Anytime his mind threatened to analyze yesterday's events of wonder about today (or the rest of his life) it was meant with a sharp stabbing sensation.
From across the room, Rory thought he heard something, but didn't dare move to see if he had. The sound changed from doors opening to the pad of bare feet across hardwood floor.
'Allison is up.' He thought. He was in no state to properly argue with her. There needed to be coffee first. Coffee, hash browns, and several pain killers.
In the kitchen, a kettle whistled. Rory cringed at the impossibly loud sound.
Allison walked into the living room. Riordan ready himself for shouting, but her voice soft.
'Tea?' He peaked out from under his arm. And indeed there was a mug of steaming liquid on the coffee table. Rory looked from the mug to woman. Her features held none of the resentment he hadn't expected to find there. She looked the picture of kindness.
Carefully, Rory forced himself into a sitting position. His muscles groaned, stiff and cold. A small part of him thought maybe he should apologize about loosing his temper last night or even just thank her for the tea.
Instead he said. "Watch your feet. I think there's broken glass by the end table." The hungover boy retrieved the cup from the coffee table and lifted it towards his face. It smelled sweet, herby. A sip proved it was both of those things and didn't make his stomach clench.
Now he had to say something. He muttered his thanks into the mug as he took another sip.
Remembering about breakfast, he chuckled to himself. "I ordered breakfast."

So only say my name

Pearl51
OOC: "How do deal with a husband who didn't want to be married 101" Lesson One: Making Hangover Tea. Next week: Getting in with the little sister.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:23 am
Majoring_In_Fangirl
OOC: I LOVE IT!

Allie looked over his bare chest, having to really keep her composure. He was magnificent. Every line on his chest was perfectly defined, and his skin was bronzed to the most stunning shade. It was as if he was sculpted, humans just didn't look like that! He looked like the Greek statues, carved perfectly out of marble. This would never work, a guy like him, just didn't have a relationship with a girl like her, not in a million years. He was so handsome, and she was so plain, at least that's how she viewed herself anyway, a wall flower that never got noticed.

When the glass was mentioned Allie looked down, her perfectly manicured toes perilously close to a jagged shred of glass. Moving back a space she happened to hear his mumbled thank you, and she couldn't help but grin softly. Turning she found a dust pan in the kitchen with a little broom and dusted up all the glass, at least that way no one would step on it. When she returned she came from behind the couch, noticing a long thick scar from his shoulder to his elbow. Her eyes widened and she reached out to touch it. Her fingers hardly caressed the skin before she jerked her hand away, as if she had been burned by a hot pan. Her face flushed pink as she clasped her hands together. "I'm sorry.. I don't know what came over me." she whispered, walking around the couch and sitting in an adjacent chair. How embarrassing. Sitting primly in the chair, her legs crossed at the ankles she looked over, noticing a tattoo of a heart on his wrist, she looked at it openly, noticing it wasn't very evenly shaped, as if a child had sketched it on him.

At the mention of breakfast her attentions were turned to her own stomach, that made the most horrendous grumbling sound, and loud. "How wonderful I'm quite famished.. apparently." she grumbled in a jokingly prim tone. Allie's mind went back to work on their marriage, unable to stop her train of thought. Her thoughts moving to the day his mother had met her out at the beach house. Allie had promised to take little Avery paddle boarding when the girl had begged. The thought sent a happy smile to her face, a genuine smile, the kind that made her eyes sparkle. The little girl was a treasure, and if nothing good ever came of this marriage, Avery would be worth the trouble. Such a sweet girl with a wonderful spirit.  

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200

grndthftautumn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:47 am
User Image
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels

Find yourself a new gig

Rory sipped on the warm liquid. As a general rule, he didn't drink tea. Sour tea water? No thanks. But this stuff (honey tea?) seemed to be calming his stomach better than the water.
He groaned inwardly when she began cleaning up the broken vase. 'She's like a well trained house pet.' Would she always just clean up his messes, no questions asked? It was probably that damn finishing school. Avery was not going to end up as some rich assholes lap dog. Not if he had a say in it.
Suddenly, something brushed his arm. Instinctively, he looked over and found Allison pulled her hand back from his arm. Rory raised an eyebrow, looking from the scar to her. "Can I help you?"
His major scar was often a talking point, especially for girls. The jagged pink line apparently made him look dangerous. Usually he made some interesting story about mobsters or sharks. The truth wasn't nearly so cinematic or capital R Romantic. But girl's didn't usually want to touch it. They shrank away, so though the mark were contagious.
Her face colored pink as she crossed to the adjacent chair, softening Rory's irritation.
He laughed to himself. "There should be plenty considering I ordered the entire breakfast menu."
Apparently Allison wasn't finished with her inspection of him skin. Her eyes were fixed on him, but he couldn't pinpoint what she was scrutinizing. Her gaze carried weight, making him feel uneasy. It was easy to imagine what flaws she might find when her green eyes fell on him.
'What?" He asked, placing the empty mug on the coffee table. "What about me is so fascinating?"

So only say my name

Pearl51
OOC:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:30 am
Majoring_In_Fangirl

Allie was pulled from her daydream gazing like a drowning man being pull from the water when he asked her the question. Blushing she shrugged, how could she be honest with him? Though she knew she couldn't lie, once one lie started, they didn't stop, ever. Allie prided herself on her honesty. Sighing her enchanting gaze locked on his, "Everything." Looking down at her lap she played with her hands. "Certainly you know your appeal? I was just thinking...." she paused, not wanting to finish her embarrassing thought. "Don't you laugh at me but.. you remind me of Michelangelo's David." Just saying the words made a bright tinge appear on her cheeks.

"It didn't hurt when I touched your scar did it?" she asked. "I don't know what came over me... it wasn't okay to invade your personal space." When he commented on ordering the entire breakfast menu she started laughing, clutching her robe together as she did, not wanting it to fall open and give him a little show, how embarrassing would that be? Allie calmed her laughing down with a soft humming. "Oh.. I just wanted you to know because she's your sister.. your mother came to see me before the wedding when I was out paddle boarding.. Avery was with her and I promised her I would take her out with me.. she seemed like she really wanted to try it." she said, hoping he would find that acceptable. "I just find myself not being able to tell her no.. she's so sweet and endearing.. she reminds me of me when I was her age.. full of energy and so much wonder." she said, her voice going soft and a sad smile crossing her lips. "I want to do everything in my power to make sure she doesn't end up like me.. going to that finishing school and losing everything that makes her so special." she promised to him.  

Pearl51

3,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hygienic 200

grndthftautumn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:49 pm
User Image
Ɍiordan "Rory" Ϻichaels

Find yourself a new gig

Rory nearly choked on the water he was drinking when Allie responded. Normally when he asked people that, they looked away and muttered under their breath or got angry with him. Allie chose a third option. While he prided himself on staying in shape, he'd never though to compare himself to what is considered the pinnacle of male physique. He wasn't 100% sure she wasn't just messing with him. The blush in her cheeks made him think it was honest but he couldn't be sure.
Unsure what to say, he skipped to her question. Automatically reaching up to brush the scar, Rory shook his head. "No. I can't actually feel anything there. The nerve ending never came back."
He brushed her apology off, "Just took me by surprise is all."
A smile cracked at the edge of his lips when she burst into laughter. He even chuckled, her laughter contagious. "I figured they owed us breakfast at least. We're almost even now. Almost."
"Avery is master of getting a yes." He smiled. "Yeah, take her out paddle-boarding was it? Whatever makes the kid happy."
Just then, there was knock on the door. "Room service." Rory said, pushing himself up and walking to the door. It took two waiters and two carts to bring up their entire order. The boys, no older than 15, unloaded it on the table and counters in the kitchen.
On the way out, Rory tipped them both. One of the boys let his eyes linger on the slender figure sitting in the chair.
"Hey, " Rory called. "Eyes off the wife." It was entirely a joke but the boy didn't get it, apologizing to both Rory and Allie before hurrying to the elevator.
The young heir laughed at his own joke, heading into the kitchen. After the tea and water, his stomach had settled. Yesterday's fasting left him famished today.
There were at least 15 different dishes spread out on the kitchen surfaces. Omelets, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and more.
"I hope you're hungry." Riordan sat down in one of the chairs, looking over the food with hungry eyes.

So only say my name

Pearl51
OOC:

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items