Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
A Knight's Tale [ Noted x Phoenix ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:19 pm
User Image

Lucille ↜ Verity Francine ↝ Belmont

◀ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ ◆ ◇ ◀ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ ◆ ◇ ◀ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ ◆ ◇ ◀ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ ◆ ◇

*ahem* Princess Lucy...

↭ Do fairies have tails? More than that, do fairies even e x i s t ? xxxxx ◀ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ ◆ ◇
◀ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ ◆ ◇ xxxxx Nobody knows for sure. ↭ xxxxx

Lucy's scribbles came quicker now, and had almost filled the page up with doodles and bullet pointed ideas. A few designs there, a small blueprint in the bottom corner. After a minute, she stopped and wished she had a larger piece of paper to work on. With the ruler between her teeth, she flipped to the next page and froze when she heard a crunch. She almost dropped her pencil. She blinked before grabbing the ruler out of her mouth and turning quickly towards the sound.

She spotted a young man a few yards away, and one of her eyebrows shot up in surprise. At first glance, she could see he wore somewhat fancy attire, suit, tie and royal sash in all. He looked like a suitor, and her face fell in annoyance. It was odd to see a sword at his hip, but that made no difference to her.
                                                  "Can I help you?" she said, mouth now free of writing utensils. She turned towards him, although she didn't stand. She still sat on the bench, her journal pushed back towards her food tray.

She really didn't intend to sound as brash as her words came out, but she really was quite sad to see her alone time already used up. It seemed that one of the many men to visit her home had already found her hiding spot, and that was a bit of a let down. She'd have to go find another one soon.

↭ An eternal MYSTERY, an eternal ADVENTURE ↭

OOC { Damn those leaves xd } Outfit

Phoenix347

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:41 pm
User Image
~Shou Tamashi~
╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
Company: Alone
Mood: Curious
Thoughts: Crap
Attire: As depicted in profile
╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
((OOC; Yep, although short post :/. Also, just had a thought were she thinks he's a suitor and doesn't learn he's a knight so when the time comes at the party the suitors are presented but he isn't among them. From there I think it'd be up to you how it would go.))
"If you believed strength alone decides a person's fate..."

Shou seemed to have the worst luck sometimes. The crunch of the leaves called the attention of the girl who gave a disgruntled voice. He straightened himself and gave a bow our of habit. "My apologies." He rose to look at the girl. "I didn't mean to intrude on your solitude, lunch and or Leisure time." He didn't know who she was, but assumed she was a guest of the house like him if she was being served by a maid. He was sure however that this wouldn't be the best place to continue reading the novel.

"Then I shall gladly show you where your logic fails with my past."

Noted Musician

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:19 pm
User Image

*ahem* Princess Lucy...

↭ Do fairies have tails? More than that, do fairies even e x i s t ? xxxxx ◀ ◁ ◂ ◃ ◄ ◆ ◇

At first glance, Lucille assumed him rude for butting in on her me-time, but when she took a breath and looked at him again, her gaze softened. He looked sincerely apologetic, and caught off guard, as if he wasn't actually trying to find her, but rather he stumbled upon her on accident. Her head tilted to the side ever so slightly as she sized him up. He seemed polite. His voice was warm and courteous, almost gentle. He stood straight and tall, and Lucy could tell he was a ways taller than her even without her standing. His blue hair seemed almost silky at a glance, and she could tell he was fit. Eh, maybe I'll give him a chance, she thought. Not everyone was as bad as she usually picked them out to be.

"What's your name?" she inquired, her voice a little softer now. She stood then, a hand moving to rest on the tree beside her. Her dark eyes landed on his silver ones. They were almost... captivating. Almost. At this point in time she'd usually be dismissing herself from whoever it was who was trying to converse with her, suitor or otherwise, but in this instance, she found she felt comfortable staying right where she was.

She also found herself hesitant to ask more from him. She was planted where she stood.

OOC { That sounds good! And of course he doesn't realize she's the princess, but duh that was a given, heh. } Outfit

Phoenix347

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:53 pm
User Image
~Shou Tamashi~
Company: Someone
Mood: Calm
Thoughts:
((OOC; ))

"Shou. Shou Tamashi," he answered as the girl stood and leaned against the tree. Her tone changed slightly as well. She seemed almost annoyed when he appeared, but now it was like she wasn't worried about his presence. With as fast as it was, it was odd. "I assume you are also a guest of his Majesty's?" he glanced over to the bench where she was at, seeing the writing on the pad. "I am sorry for interrupting your writing." he said, motioning his head towards the pad. He contemplated making a quick retreat, although he felt like he shouldn't walk away from the girl.

Noted Musician

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:11 am
User Image

*ahem* Princess Lucy...

She nodded at his name. "Shou," she said, "Pleasure." At his question, the corners of her mouth turned up in the smallest smile. She figured it was wrong for her to assume all of the suitors would come looking for her. None of them actually knew what she looked like, for the most part. It seemed silly now for her to be so on edge about the whole thing.

"You could say that," she spoke then in response to his question. She looked down at herself, glad she didn't wear anything fancier today, it might have given her away. If others also assumed she wasn't the princess, then she was going to have some fun playing with them all.

When he apologized for interrupting her writing, she looked back at her journal passively, but turned back. "It's alright," she said, scratching the back of her neck a little, "It's just some sketches and lists." Her smile fell a little. "It never really makes it to the writing stage." Her eyes shot back to him, and they landed on the book in his hand. "Good book?" she then asked him, a small hand pointing to the book he brought with him.

OOC { } Outfit

Phoenix347

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:41 pm
User Image
~Shou Tamashi~
Thoughts: Maybe I should...
((OOC; ))

"The pleasure's mine." Another response out of habit. Her response to hsi question however, was questionable. She didn't answer entirely, but her reply meant that she was at least a visitor. Perhaps from a neighboring kingdom? Did the King take interest in her? She was much too young for that to be a possibility, and fit here was anything similar to a mistress staying in the palace, rumors would fly faster than supposed sightings of the Princess. She responded about the notepad, almost a depressing tone to it.

It meant that she was at least a writer, although he wondered if it was for pleasure or if she had published books. For someone staying at the palace it was more than likely there were a couple she had. She asked about the book in his hand, which he had forgotten about "Ah. It's quick. I just had some of the servants back home for suggestions so I wouldn't get bored." It was odd that all the books they chose happen to be novels from romantics writers. "I was hoping to read it but found you. I should probably go..." he trailed, looking back to the opening in the hedges he came from, but not moving yet.

Noted Musician

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:26 pm
User Image

*ahem* Princess Lucy...

At his motion to leave, Lucy took a step forward. "Uh, no, it's okay." Her hand raised ever so slightly, as if to stop him, but she was too far away to even reach him. She stuttered for a second, her other arm reaching over to rest on the former.

"You should stay," she spoke after a moment of silence. Why should she be the only one to enjoy her little paradise? "It's always beautiful out here, and such a great place to read..." she trailed off, looking around at her surroundings. Her eyes landed on her notebook, and she then looked back at Shou. "The flowers should have more company than just me and the gardeners." She grabbed her book and utensils, setting them on one side of her food tray, which was mostly empty now. She picked it up gingerly, and for a split second, she realized she had never lifted a food tray in her life. She shook her head slowly as she turned back. "Please, stay. I insist."

She paused for the slightly second, realizing how strange she was acting. She was being silly, but it was far too late for her to reclaim her space. She fought with herself in her head, eventually letting her good side win. It was time she shared her favorite space. At least it was with someone who looked like he'd truly appreciate it.

OOC { } Outfit

Phoenix347

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:35 pm
User Image
~Shou Tamashi~
Thoughts:
((OOC; ))

Shou looked over to the girl as she spoke up, saying he should stay. She seemed nervous about it, a hand holding her arm and looking around the area. She justified that the flowers should have more company. That must mean that she's been here a long time to know only she and the gardeners come here. She insisted that he stay before going silent, almost lost in thought. "Very well, I will" he assured her as he approached the bench. He sat on the section furthest from her own, assuming that was her favorite side of the bench if she had one. He opened the book carefully, glancing over to the girl before he began to read. "Forgive me, I've forgotten to ask you for your name."

Noted Musician

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:16 am
User Image

*ahem* Princess Lucy...

Grasping the tray that held her leftover meal, notebook, and supplies, Lucille turned back to make sure she got everything. When she confirmed that, she looked up at Shou as he sat down on the bench. She felt odd, being so polite, but hey, he had been polite too. He had crushed everything she had assumed a suitor would be, and she was kind of grateful for it. If all the other suitors were like this, then maybe this whole ceremony wouldn't be so bad. No, she was still sure she wasn't ready to marry, so she wouldn't accept any of their offers, but she could at least be courteous to them.

When Shou inquired her name, she paused. Should she keep up this little white lie? "Uh... Lucy," she said after thinking quickly. Close enough, she thought, letting herself smirk. "I hope you enjoy your book, Shou," she then said, "I'm sure we'll meet again." With that, she curtsied a little, her hands still full with the tray. Taking one last look at him, Lucy turned and disappeared behind the hedge, headed back for the palace, a smile playing at the corners of her mouth.

OOC { I'm gonna assume people know her only by Lucille, so I just ran with it. } Outfit

Phoenix347

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:49 am
User Image
~Shou Tamashi~
Thoughts:
((OOC; Short post))

"Lucy..." he repeated her name with a nod. "It's been a pleasure. I hope we will." He was a little surprised to see her leave. He thought she would stay at least for a little longer, but if she had other matters to attend to he wouldn't hold her. He turned his attention to the book, his finger flipping through the pages and running down the lines to find the one he closed on.

Noted Musician

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:15 pm
User Image

*ahem* Princess Lucy...

As Lucy stepped inside the castle, she turned towards the general direction of the kitchen. Before she even made it down the hallway, a maid had rushed over to grab the tray from her, her face flushed with worry. "M'lady, please, let me carry that," she said hurriedly, gingerly taking the tray from her. "It's okay really," Lucy insisted, but the tray had already been taken from her. She quickly snatched her writing supplies off the tray as the maid curtsied, and Lucy's eyes followed her as the maid walked away.

Taking a glance outside, Lucy caught sight of the sun. It had fallen a bit from it's spot before, and she realized her father would be making the announcement soon. Probably within the next couple hours. She deflated a little at the thought. She had been so preoccupied with her writing and meeting Shou, she was almost able to completely forget about it. What an intriguing character, she thought, her mind bouncing back to her new acquaintance. He was very... polite. Down to Earth, but kind of... mysterious. Now that she thought more about it, an idea struck her. He would make a good story book character, she suddenly thought, her head beginning to race at the thought of developing a character shrouded with as much mystery as him. She smiled with the idea of a new story idea, and it hit her that she'd never thought to write about medieval times.
                                                  With her mind ablaze, she quickly made her way through the maze that was her castle. In her room, she sat down at her desk, brushing off dust here and there and rearranging a few things to make room for her notebook. She opened her book then, and her pencil was set to begin a new page of ideas.

OOC { Did you say they should meet again? Like, outside the palace before the ball? :3 } Outfit

Phoenix347

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:15 pm
User Image
~Shou Tamashi~
Thoughts:
((OOC; I think they should meet at the announcement and I was thinking that it would be a big party like the past ones they had, but add in some cameras and press for the marriage announcement. Maybe the king talks to her and hints at finding a suitor before the announcement and she starts to favor Shou?))

Alone at the tree, it truly was a beautiful place that Lucy had chosen. He hadn't really thought about her deeply as he continued reading into his book. The story got even weirder than before, the noble's love for the soldier grew more and more, and she wanted to marry him despite their statuses. It wasn't uncommon for nobles and royalty to fall in love with those of lower class in this age, although few actually sacrificed their stature for them. More often it was soldiers falling for the princesses, but that was usually because they spent so much time around them and their beauty was talked of in high regard. It was almost greed in Shou's eyes to fall for a noble.

What he didn't expect with that train of thought was to ponder Lucy's position. She said she was a guest of sorts, but she was too young to be the king's mistress, and if she knew this spot she had to have been here for a long time. Maybe a lady in training under the princess? Or perhaps one of her chambermaids on break. The wind broke his thoughts by flipping the pages of the book to one of the line art illustrations in the back of the book. It was the soldier and the princess on horseback running from the kingdom. He could tell now that this portion of the book was spoiled. He checked the sky to see the sun had traveled more. He decided to head back to Prince Yureno and check on him before the party.

Noted Musician

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:56 am
User Image

*ahem* Princess Lucy...

Before long, Lucille had finished another page of notes, and she leaned back in her chair to stare at her hard work. A few more doodles here and there, a sketch of a knight in shining armor, and a description of the setting. She nodded, satisfied, and closed the leather notebook. Just then, a knock came at her bedroom door, and she checked the time before sighing and getting up to answer it. Opening the door, she found a group of maids crowded around the door, rather than the one that usually informed her of the days events. They seemed skittish, and excited, some whispering among themselves. "Miss," the front one said, eyeing the others before continuing, "It's time to get ready. The king requests your presence when we're finished."

Lucy froze, her breath caught in her throat at the realization that she was going to have to get ready, once again, for her wedding announcement. Her cheeks flared up a little, her stomach knotting. The whole day, she knew this was coming, but now that it was finally here, the feelings and dread of the situation hit her like a kick to the gut.
                                                  Finally, she took a deep breath. Her head turned to look back at her notebook... she had finally relaxed, but it was time to grow up a little. "Very well," she said, turning back to the group of maids. One of them squealed in delight. The front most one grinned, saying, "Let's get started!" With that, the maids made their way into her room, scattering themselves about her room, some tidying up her room, some sorting through her closet, others making their way to her on-suite to start a bath. The last one in brought a dress bag, zipped up tightly. "By request of the king," the small woman said, smiling as she set the bag on Lucy's bed and unzipping it to reveal a long creme dress with dark blue detailing. "Of course," Lucy said, letting out a small huff as her shoulders fell, her eyes gazing at the dress she would wear when she was finally revealed to the world.

OOC { Oh, so the announcement should be a party? I'm also guessing that she'll be announced as the princess at this party? :3 } Outfit

Phoenix347

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:46 pm
User Image
~Shou Tamashi~
Thoughts:
((OOC; I would think it would be rather than something like a press conference. Something like a party or dinner or something would seem more realistic imo.))

Shou found his way back to the room to find Prince Yureno, looking over different sets of clothing, motioning for Shou to come clsoer. "Shou, I need your opinion. I want something that will impress her but nothing too fancy. She's refused every opportunity to marry until now so I don't want to lose this chance as well." the prince was nibbling on his thumbnail, although Shou couldn't tell why he cared about appearances now. "Does it matter? All we think we know is the announcement of her hand."

"Yes but first impressions are important! The Princess has to be hiding from everyone in some room so this will be our first meeting!" Shou had a feeling that wasn't quite true, but he didn't have anything to support it otherwise. He sat down in one of the chairs, opening and continuing the book as the Prince continued on. "So where did you run off to? I didn't see you when I came here." "I just went to find a quiet place to read." "Make any friends?" the prince joked with a laugh. "Just a servant girl." "Oh you romantic knight! Maybe we should requisition some shiny armor for you."

Noted Musician

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:04 pm
User Image

*ahem* Princess Lucy...

Lucy was pampered, poked, and plushed up until she felt like a doll. She was bathed, hair curled and pinned, make up applied, nails painted, and dressed among several other small things that were considered necessary for that evening. While Lucy quietly sulked, the maids chattered on in her silence. Well, more like gossiped. Lucy finally decided to tune in after a while.
                                                  "Did you see how he was acting?" one of them gawked, another laughing in response. "He was so on edge." Another straightened up and deepened her voice to appear manly, "I'm uh, uh looking for uh, the princess?" she mocked, then relaxed to let out another laugh. Another chimed in, "You don't wanna know how many times I've had to tell them all, 'The princess won't be free to see anyone today.' " A bigger maid had a brush running through Lucy's hair as she finished it. "Still, I don't mind all the attention." She shrugged, and others nodded in agreement.
                                                  The smallest and youngest brought a perfume bottle to the dresser where they were finishing Lucy's hair. Eyeing her in the mirror, Lucy watched her spritz some on her before she opened her mouth. "You had quite a long list of young men asking to see you m'lady. Did you actually meet any of them yet?"

At the question, Lucy looked at herself in the mirror, and her cheeks flushed pink at the thought of Shou. "I might have," she said slowly, putting on her jewelry carefully. She had to be careful what she said around the maids. They could have their gossip spread throughout the castle before she could even blink. They may be friends, but she definitely didn't want to have the wrong thing slip.
                                                  When she mentioned a suitor, the maids squealed a little. "Oh?" asked the maid finishing her hair, and although the others continued to inquire about her first suitor, she zipped her lips and refused to talk anymore, much to their dismay.
                                                  Finally, after much more prep, she stepped into her dress, and it was zipped up the back. She finally turned to see herself in the large full length mirror. The maids were beaming, but Lucy only stared. She wasn't sure how to feel. She felt pretty, but not for the right reasons.

OOC { Gotcha. And lol the prince cracks me up } Outfit

Phoenix347

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items