Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
You, Me, and this Ghost (Piltover Jinx x Tigerlvr_Bailey) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:19 pm
☈I don't like walking around this old and empty house.
⇝So hold my hand, I'll walk with you, my dear.
⇝The stairs creak as you sleep, it's keeping me awake.
⇝It's the house telling you to close your eyes.

User Image

•●◢Jonah Crawford◣●•
the|screams|all|sound|the|same

Jonah couldn't help but grin back at Lightning's homicide suggestion. It certainly would fit the place. "We should search for evidence!" He exclaimed dramatically, as though he were some kind of detective. He glanced outside when she pointed out the garden tea table, but couldn't really see much from where he was on the other side of the room.

After Lightning inspected the music box- which, curiously, didn't even have it's wind-up key- the ballerina stopped her spinning just as suddenly as she had begun. Jonah decided to stop focusing too much on the old mechanics of the thing, and followed Lightning back to the window instead. The sky was already dimming, and it would be dark soon. They still couldn't find their friends, and they still didn't have any car keys. There was no way they would make it back to any inhabited land before night fell, so walking was definitely out. He supposed they would have to camp out here after all.

Now that he was at the window he could see the tea area that Lightning had mentioned, and beyond, at the very furthest corner of the backyard, what appeared to be headstones. They must have a family burial on the grounds. Most old family houses like this did something like that. Jonah got the urge to go check it out, but they needed to find some kind of light before they did anything else...

Lightning cutting her hand on the piece of glass from the sill distracted him from his thoughts. He looked over to see blood welling up on her hand. He didn't think they would find anything to cover it with. Anything clean, at least. "Careful. Who knows what kind of bacteria could be on this stuff..." He said, thinking how much it would suck if she ended up with some kind of crazy infection when they had no means of getting out of this place, at least until morning. "Hey, come look at this." He added, pointing out to where he saw the headstones sticking up through the tall grass. "We should find a light and go out there. Maybe there are names." Jonah started to look on all of the tables and in drawers for some kind of candle or oil lamp or something.

You're gone, gone, gone away,⇚
I watched you disappear.⇜
All that's left is the ghost of you.⇜

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:34 pm
User Image

LOADING ▪ LOADING ▪ LOADING ▪ ▪ ▪ || xxx FILE GENERATED ! !! xxxx C // USER: LIGHTNING WOODS
xxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ xxxxxxxxxxx▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ xxxxxxxx▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐

"I'm the female Sherlock Holmes, no mystery can go unsolved while I'm around!" Lightning joked as Jonah made it seem like they were detectives. She really did want to uncover the secret of this house though. She hasn't been this interested in something since she found out about tumblr.

She ignored the music box now, losing her interest in it pretty quickly. What she wanted right now was to go to a Starbucks and get some coffee. As cool as this house was, she would need something to keep her energy up as she explored more. And since it looked inevitable that would have to camp out here, where would they sleep? It seemed that everything was covered in dust and or mold. Would she have to sleep on the floor? Looked kind of disgusting to her.

She walked over to the window, looking out at the gravestones in the backyard. "I wonder who they buried." Lightning mumbled as she observed the gravestones. She turned to face Jonah and smiled. "Let's go check the kitchen or something. They should have some candles there." Lighting suggested.

Her hand was being kept elevated, sort of in a pose a princess would make. But this princess's hand was now starting to drip with crimson fluid. There was nothing they could use that was sterile enough for her to wrap it until she remembered she brought a handkerchief with her in case one of her friend's needed it when they scared themselves so bad they started to cry. She pulled it out with her free hand and called Jonah over. "Wrap it for me?" she asked politely as she held out her bleeding wound.

Error Code 3: The system cannot find the path specified. [ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND (0x3)]
Error Code 3: The system cannot find the path specified. [ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND (0x3)]

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:30 pm

User Image

•●◢Jonah Crawford◣●•

Jonah laughed out loud. "Guess that means I have to be Watson." He said, faking disappointment at being stuck with the sidekick. He was actually starting to enjoy himself, but just a little bit.

It was going to be a long night, though. Where exactly could they sleep? Jonah did have a sleeping bag, but it was locked in Terry's trunk, and the only way to get it would be to break into the car... And Jonah didn't exactly have much experience in that art. He wished he would miraculously come across the keys somewhere. It seemed a plausible request, what with all the other weird things that seemed to be happening.

"Usually just family, and any close house staff, in these kinds of places. Or maybe that's where they bury all of their murder victims." He suggested with a creepy laugh. Although he had to admit, murdering people and burying them in your own family cemetery might be a pretty good cover-up, at least for a while. Especially in a time when it was common to have family cemetery plots on the property. Nothing would look amiss.

Jonah was about to lead the way down to the kitchen to look for candles when Lightning stopped him, holding a handkerchief out to him in one hand, and dripping blood at him with the other. It was actually almost concerning how much blood there was. He nodded. "Jeez. This is bleeding pretty good. Did you cut open a vein or something?" He mumbled, folding the handkerchief until it was one thick strip. Jonah was used to wrapping up wounds from all of the years he spent playing sports. He and his teammates were always getting banged up. He wrapped the cloth around her hand as many times as he could, then flipped it so the back of her hand was facing up. He tied a nice tight knot in it, making sure the cloth would not come loose. The pressure would help cut down the bleeding, too, hopefully.

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:48 pm
User Image

LOADING ▪ LOADING ▪ LOADING ▪ ▪ ▪ || xxx FILE GENERATED ! !! xxxx C // USER: LIGHTNING WOODS

Lightning shrugged. "Maybe! But it might just be dead pets." she shrugged again. Maybe this house wasn't as creepy as they thought and all the rumors that had been spread around were creating a false scenario of the house. But so far it seemed pretty creepy.

Pondering, Lightning realized that there was a blanket in Emily's car. Knowing Emily, she probably left it unlock cause she was so excited to get in the house. Worst comes to worse, Lightning secretly picked up the skill of pick locking, so she could the bobby pin she always carried around to unlock her trunk. "Emily's car has a blanket in it we could use tonight. I could probably pick lock her trunk if it's locked." the girl informed Jonah.

Lightning shrugged as she lowered her now bandaged hand. "I excessively bleed according to my doctor." Lighting told the boy as she pulled out another cigarette. She quickly lighted it and held it in between her index and middle fingers when not in use. She followed Jonah downstairs to the kitchen and while he looked for candles, she inspected the interior design. "Hmm...seems like a typical old kitchen." she muttered more to herself than Jonah. She walked around a bit, looking at everything as if she really were a detective. "Gas stove...ceramic cookie jar..." Lightning mumbled what she saw like she was logging it into a notebook.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:52 am

User Image

•●◢Jonah Crawford◣●•

Jonah frowned at her. "As much as I would like to think you're right, I don't think that's the case. But I guess we'll find out eventually." He said, thinking how much less creepy that alone would make this place. But the 1800's? This house was bound to hold more than a few dead pets and a dusty interior.

When Lightning told Jonah that she could pick the lock on the trunk of Emily's car if she needed to, he practically jumped for joy. "In that case, could you get into Terry's too? I have a sleeping bag in the trunk we could lay out somewhere." He offered, together they had somewhat of a bed for the night, if Lightning really could get into the trunk.

Then, Lightning was smoking again. "That's a pretty bad habit, you know." He teased, as though she didn't already know that. It was a habit Jonah had never bothered with, considering his athletic nature.

Down in the kitchen, Jonah rummaged through drawers and dug into cupboards, finding lots of dishes and a few bugs, but no candles. "If by "typical" you mean the Addam's Family kitchen, I agree." He said, holding up the tiny skeleton of a dead rat he had found curled around an old can. He set it back down where he found it and moved to the drawer closest to the kitchen doorway. "Ah! Here we go!" He said, satisfied. He came out with three large candlesticks. "Think they have one of those little carrying tray things lying around somewhere?" He asked, as he continued to look through the drawer for anything else useful. He was referring to the little metal dishes that people always carried candles with in old movies.

Jonah held the candles out to Lightning, who he thought was in front of him, in the doorway. When she didn't take them, he looked up from his drawer. She wasn't there. "Lightning?" He turned around. She was still looking over all of the old kitchenware. She was behind him. He could have sworn he had just seen her in the doorway.

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:20 pm
User Image

Lightning nodded her head confidently. "Yup! It's pretty easy once you learn how to do it." she informed before taking another inhale. Her eyebrow raised as teased her about the cigarette. It was a pretty bad habit but she stopped caring about the consequences of it. Her parents tried to stop her at first, but now everyone in her family smoked cigarettes.

Lightning continued to look at the kitchenware and put out her cigarette on a nearby cracked bowl. "Hm?" Lightning hummed as she turned to look at Jonah who had said her name. She saw he was staring at the doorway but there was nothing of importance there. "Watcha staring at, kid?" Lightning asked as she stood next to him now, looking at the doorway as well. She still saw nothing.

"Also," was all she said before taking one of the more intact bowls and a candle stick from Jonah. She took out her lighter, melted the bottom of the candle a bit and firmly held it in place in the bowl so it could harden and stay in place. "Make shift candle holder." Lighting chirped proudly with a dorky grin on her face. Despite the odd circumstances, she was still pretty content. Being stuck here wasn't so bad.

While she awaited Jonah's reaction to her brilliant idea, the sound of running was made upstairs. Before Jonah could even stop her, Lightning started running upstairs. The hope of it being Emily drove her to go check immediately, leaving Jonah behind in the kitchen. "Emily? Is that you?" she called out, but no one answered. She explored the upstairs once more, trying to find her missing best friend. Again a noise was made, a girl's giggle this time. Although it sounded kind of high pitched to be a seventeen year old girl's giggle. "Hello?" she called out again, walking towards the twin's room again.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:37 pm

User Image

•●◢Jonah Crawford◣●•

Jonah frowned again when she spoke, coming up behind him. "Uh.. I just... I thought I saw you standing in this doorway, just a second ago..." After pondering for a second longer, he shrugged it off and returned to the task at hand. Lightning took a bowl and one of the candles and fused them together. He couldn't help but grin back at the dorky smile on her face. "Alright, you're brilliant." He admitted, rolling his eyes like it was "whatever".

Then, there was a sound of running feet across the upstairs floor. Jonah looked up at the ceiling in time to see some of the dust fall down into his eyes. By the time he could rub it away, and before he could say anything, Lightning had bolted upstairs calling to Emily. She had also taken the light, leaving him in a now very dim kitchen, seeing as the sun had gone almost all the way down during their search in the kitchen. Jonah sighed and began to follow after Lightning.

He heard the little girl's giggle come from upstairs, and a huge chill ran down his spine. "You've got to be kidding me..." He moaned, then he called out, "Lightning, I know that's you. You're not gonna scare me." The sound had been creepy in the darkening old house, but he still knew better than to jump straight to ghosts. Finally he went on, turning the corner to head up the stairs so that he wouldn't be left in the dark. When he looked up to climb the stairs, he froze.

There, standing at the top, was a young girl. Her hair looked sort of like Lightning's, but she was definitely younger, and Jonah could not clearly see her features. She carried a stuffed white bunny by the ear, dragging it across the floor. Then Jonah heard the giggle again, and the girl moved down the hall. Down the hall towards where Lightning would be. Panicking, Jonah took off up the stairs, but when he reached the top, the girl had disappeared.

"Uh... Lightning?" He called, his voice just a little shaky. There was still the slight possibility that that really had just been Lightning playing a trick on him. She had been upstairs long enough to have put on one of the little girl's dresses and grab a stuffed animal. She could probably easily have fit into the clothing, and her hair would have hidden her face pretty well. He had to admit, he was definitely spooked, though. Even if it was Lightning, she had done a pretty darn good job.

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:53 pm
User Image

Lightning took her lighter out and lit the wick of the candle. "Emily...?" she slowly inched into the room but found nothing. The twins' room was exactly the way it was when they were in here earlier. She sighed, and thought she must have been hearing things. Lightning let out a small sigh as she turned around to a small girl. Her hair was like Lightning's and she held a stuff toy in her hand. A chill ran up the female's spine as she nervously smiled at the child.

The small girl smiled at Lightning and giggled before running away. The giggling disappeared down the hall and Lightning bolted back towards Jonah, the candle's flame going out. Her feet carried her down the dark and what seemed to be endless hallway until she saw the familiar male. Her arms were open and she almost tackled him as she embraced him for comfort. Was she going insane? Who was that little girl? All she knew was that she was safe for now.

Lightning held onto Jonah for a little while longer before composing herself and letting go of the poor teen. "Sorry, sorry. I was just given a fright." Lightning mumbled as she relit the candle. There was a tint of pink on her face as she stared down at the floor. She's never actually touched a guy before, and every guy that has touched her made her face turn bright red. She wasn't use to human interaction with the opposite sex, so she had the innocent mind of a child. She's never even had her first kiss yet.

Despite how Lightning looked or how she came across to people, she wasn't as tough as everyone thought. Sure it was harder to scare her and people were easily intimidated by her, but there are times when she isn't so intimidating. Sometimes she reverts back to a small child in need of comfort. That's what Emily was there for. If Emily disappeared, who would help her now? A lot of these thoughts were frightening her. And what did she back there? It couldn't have been a ghost. Ghosts aren't real. Maybe she's just exhausted and is starting to see things.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:06 pm

User Image

•●◢Jonah Crawford◣●•

Still standing slightly dazed in the hallway, Jonah looked up in time to see Lightning's candle go out before she ran right smack into him and held on tightly for a moment. He could tell she was startled. He patted her back, trying to be comforting, but he didn't really know what to do. He hadn't expected that kind of a reaction from her. Maybe from one of the squealing cheer leaders in haunted houses, but not from her. When she finally let go and re-lit the candle, she was flushed and still looked a little on edge. "Wait, did you see her, too?" He asked, not hiding his surprise at all.

He had been prepared to accuse her of dressing up as the girl in the photos, but she looked genuinely frightened. He suddenly felt like maybe he needed to be watching out for her a little bit better. Maybe she wasn't really as tough as she acted. "Hey, it's okay. We're probably just imagining it. It's pretty late, and I'm sure all this investigating we've been doing is starting to get to us... Come on. Let's go back downstairs. We should probably go grab that stuff out of the cars before it gets too late. It's already pretty dark." He was trying to reassure her that their minds were just playing tricks in the dimly lit house.

Jonah hesitated, then gently put his hand on her shoulder and guided her back towards the stairs. He had her go down in front so that she couldn't imagine anything was sneaking up behind her, except that he could have sworn that he felt eyes on him from behind. Jonah allowed himself to glance back up the stairs when they reached the bottom, just to be sure. There was nothing there.

"Shall we?" He asked, holding out his elbow to her in a gentlemanly fashion and pulling the front door back open. The grass outside was now only lit in a soft grey that came in that time when the sunlight was just barely visible on one horizon and the moonlight was just visible on the other. The sky above them was lit up with stars, and the blues were fading from a dark teal to a darker indigo as the final strands of day ducked below the edge of the Earth. Well, I guess that's one nice thing about being stuck in the middle of nowhere... Jonah thought to himself. The visibility of the clusters of stars was very good, with no city light to cover them up.

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:02 pm
User Image

Lightning nodded, still not looking Jonah in the eye. She didn't want to admit it but she was scared. That was definitely scary, but who wouldn't be scared if they thought they saw the ghost of a dead little girl? She let her hair hang in front of her face, trying to hide her flushed face. At least when she was scared, she was silent about it and didn't squeal like a pig.

Lightning took a deep breath to calm herself. She regained her composure, taking out another cigarette and lighting it with the candle flame. "Yeah, let's go get the stuff." she mumbled in between inhales. Her mind must have been playing tricks on her. Ghosts are not real, it's scientifically impossible. Whatever, she'll just forget about it. No point in worrying over it anymore since it's done and over with.

Lightning slowly hopped down the stairs first, cautious of what's around her. She held the candle in front her to illuminate the area a bit for both of them to see. Her attention turned towards Jonah when he offered his elbow, but she didn't take it. Instead she held onto his sleeve instead. They walked outside together and she looked up. The stars were nice. It felt soft of...comforting. "Pretty..." Lightning sighed in awe as she stared up at the sky. Her eyes twinkled like the stars above. A smile was plastered on her face but she soon went back to a neutral expression and went to Emily's car first. She gave the candle to Jonah to hold and took out the bobby pin from her pocket. Kneeling down, the female picked the lock to the trunk. Inside was bags of clothing and girl stuff since they were going to sleep over Emily's that night. Lightning took her backpack out as well as a large blanket.

Next was Terry's car. She motioned Jonah to follow her as she kneeled down once again to pick the lock on the trunk. Click! The trunk opened flawlessly and she picked up the sleeping bag that was rolled up in a log form. She turned to face Jonah and smirked. "Useful skill." she muttered. It was odd that out of the skills she could have picked, she chose this one. The real reason she chose it was because of Skyrim. The pick locking skill was interesting to her so she learned how to do it. She even ordered a professional pick locking set off eBay.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:27 pm

User Image

•●◢Jonah Crawford◣●•

Jonah let lightning hold onto his sleeve all the way to the cars. She seemed to light up when she saw the night sky, before letting her usual, unreadable expression back into her features. They ducked back through the rusting off portion of the big front gate and Lightning moved to the trunks of both cars, picking them open with ease like some kind of secret agent.

"Very, in this particular situation. Guess if we end up locked in a room in this old place we won't be stuck for long..." He wasn't trying to freak her out again, but it seemed likely one of the locks on the many doors in the house could get stuck locked. Jonah took his sleeping bag from Lightning. "Want me to carry any of your stuff?" He offered, heading back to the little opening.

When he turned his head to make sure he wouldn't hit his head on any of the rusted off ends climbing through, there they were. Two little girls. Staring at him through the hole in the fence. They were holding hands, and one still carried the bunny rabbit toy. He jumped, startled, dropping his sleeping bag, then quickly tried to regain composure and picked it back up. The girls were gone when he looked back.

Jonah stood and sighed, shaking his head at the stars. "This is going to be a looong night..." He mumbled under his breath. He was trying not to scare Lightning again, but he was actually pretty spooked himself at this point. Were they going to be giggled at and watched by little ghost girls all night? Would they even sleep?

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:09 pm
User Image

Lightning shook her head as she held the blanket under her arm with the backpack slung on her shoulder and the candle still in hand. She went ahead of Jonah again, going back towards the house. She didn't notice Jonah jumping or dropping his sleeping bag because she was too busy being terrified of the man in front of her. He was wearing a suit but it was pretty tattered and he looked sickly. He gave a her a creepy grin but Lightning immediately closed her eyes and when she reopened them, he was gone. She sort of wanted to cry.

Lightning quickly made her way into the house, rushing Jonah to come in as well. She sighed heavily as she looked around them. No little girls, no creepy middle aged man. "Um...where do you think it would be clean enough to sleep?" Lightning put on a fake smile to help reassure them that everything was fine. She wanted to keep telling herself that her mind was playing tricks on her and that hopefully in the morning she'll find her friends and they can all go home and this will be a crazy story to tell at school.

Lightning looked around the foyer. Maybe the couches? It would be weird to use one of the bedrooms. Were they going to sleep next to each other? "So uh...what're the sleeping arrangements too?" she hesitantly asked with pink tinting her normally porcelain skin. Where was Emily? Why couldn't they have just had a normal day? Too many things were happening and Lightning was starting to get dizzy with frustration, confusion and anxiety.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:41 pm

User Image

•●◢Jonah Crawford◣●•

Jonah hadn't seen the man that Lightning had seen, but he noticed that she seemed jumpy again as she hurried him back through the yard and into the house. He couldn't help but glance up the stairs again just to be sure. "I think a better question is where can we sleep that we won't have those creepy twins staring us down all night..." he half-joked. He was tempted to just bunker up in a corner with the walls behind him.

He wondered if their friends were all somewhere on the grounds having similar experiences, but he felt like if they were, they would have heard somebody scream by now, or come across one of them. Terry, at least, he knew was a little bit of a baby, despite being the event planner for these crazy adventures.

Then Lightning asked about the sleeping arrangements. He pondered for a moment. "Uh... I hadn't actually thought about that..." He said awkwardly. He didn't have a problem sharing a bed, but he didn't want to suggest anything, not knowing if it would make Lightning uncomfortable or not. "What would you prefer?" He asked, deciding to let her make the decision to eliminate any chance of making himself look like a creep.

Her face was turning a pinkish color in the candle light, and Jonah had to admit that he thought it was kind of cute. He sat down on a chair in the room in front of her, ignoring the dusty upholstery and waited for her response. Out of the corner of his eye, he could have sworn that he saw movement past the doorway towards the stairs.

On the little side table next to the chair there was another framed picture of the family. Jonah studied it more closely this time. A pale-looking middle aged man, a slightly younger woman with dark hair dressed in white and, down in front, the two little girls they were seeing everywhere.

Piltover Jinx

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:57 am
User Image

Lightning nervously laughed at Jonah's joke about the twins. Thanks Jonah, now she'll never be able to sleep with the image of two creepy girls hovering over her and giggling. Maybe she'll barricade herself with furniture with her back against the wall and make a fort for her comfort. But that was too much work and she wasn't going to force Jonah to help her move furniture around for such a dumb idea.

And to make the matters much worse than they already seemed, she couldn't help but worry about Emily. She was just like Lightning; they both acted tough but in reality, in situations like this they were wimps and almost cry at every little thing. But if Emily had been in circumstances the same as her and Jonah, then Lightning would have heard some sobbing or screeching. It was mostly silent besides the noises from the outside or the talking between her and the boy.

Lightning didn't really mind sharing a bed with him, it was the touching that bothered her. Excess touching and what if he started cuddling her in his sleep and she was still awake? Ugh, awkward. Lightning cleared her throat and held the light away from her face as to let the darkness cover the pink that replaced the normal pale color of her face. "It would be safer if we were together. But if you want to sleep separately then that's okay with me as well..." Lightning suggested to Jonah and her shoulders gave him a little shrug. But she had to admit, when she ran to him for comfort earlier, it felt...nice to have his arms wrapped around her. It kind of reminded of when she and Eli would sleep in her bed together and just enjoy each other's warmth and closeness.

Lightning turned to look at the picture that Jonah was staring at. "Oh," the female picked up the framed picture of what looked to be the last family that had lived in this house before it became a horror story. "I guess this was the family." the twin girls that had been following them throughout the day were in the front, and the creepy middle aged man that she had saw moments earlier was in the picture as well. He must be their dad then. The only one they haven't seen, yet, was the wife. She was beautiful indeed, and had a gentle smile on her face. The picture captured the content of the family while they were still alive, so why would they be haunting this place?

Grey orbs glanced at another picture that was on the same side table. It was of only one girl, and it was neither of the twins nor was it the woman in the other picture. This girl looked to be about her and Jonah's age or maybe a year younger. She had the same hair as Lightning, and somewhat resembled her quite a bit. Unlike the other family females, she was wearing all black and looked more like a doll rather than a living girl. "Another daughter?" Lightning muttered under her breath as she handed the picture of the third daughter to Jonah.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:02 pm

User Image

•●◢Jonah Crawford◣●•

Jonah could tell Lightning seemed a bit nervous about the whole thing, but she also seemed like she really would prefer not to be alone. "Alright, together it is then. If you want, we can lay the blankets out by a wall and I'll sleep on the outside." He offered, so that Lightning would be able to squish into a corner and not have any of these crazy ghoulies sneaking up on her.

Jonah watched as she looked at the photo he had been looking at. Even though the woman -who appeared to be the mother- looked the kindest of them all, he thought seeing her would freak him out the most. He had heard plenty of scary stories revolving around a vengeful "woman in white". About how they cry and wail like banshees. That would be terrifying to him.

Then Lightning handed him the other photo that he hadn't noticed. Jonah shrugged. "She looks kind of unreal compared to the rest. And she doesn't look quite as happy as the others." He wondered if this girl was the reason for all of this haunting business. Then, as if on cue, a bloodcurdling scream came from the top of the stairs, followed by a soft sobbing. "And cue, the woman in white..." Jonah muttered, after recovering from the initial fear that ran down his spine. He had to admit, he was almost surprised it had actually happened. He wondered if all of the investigating they were doing was stirring things up. Or maybe they really were just imaging it. It would make sense, considering the scream had come after Jonah had thought about a woman in white and what the stories say they do. He looked up at Lightning, as if for confirmation that it hadn't actually happened, that she hadn't heard what he just had.

On the one hand, Jonah wanted to go look, to see if he could find the woman that was surely sobbing by the window or in the corner. On the other hand, that would mean that he actually accepted that these ghosts were real, and not in their heads. And it would also mean, turning a corner somewhere upstairs and running into what could possibly be a vengeful, sad spirit. Who knew what she would be capable of. A third thing, that kept him from leaving his place on the chair, was the thought that they could run into any number of things just between this chair and the hallway upstairs, and Jonah really just wanted to look the other way this time and pretend it wasn't happening. Just.. Go to sleep, wake up in the morning, and see if their friends were back.

But if they weren't? Then Jonah wasn't sure what to do. Walk back the way they had driven in until they had cell phone service? Or until they came to some motel or gas station? They could call for a taxi to get home, and then figure out what to do about their friends. For all they knew with no service, their friends had been trying to reach them for hours already, and could be long gone.

Piltover Jinx

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items