Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
The Edge of Space (1x1 Tigerlvr_Bailey & RedEagleEye007) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:48 pm
User Image
Gyro 'Vyrax' Cratos

He watched the girl roll her eyes as he said the word 'carefully', a smile of amusement all over his face. The girl never liked to go in stealthily, but if she was to go in any other way, they would die or be captured faster than they entered the city. "If it makes you feel any better, if you want to open fire when we leave, you can. I wouldn't advise it certainly, but hey, if you truly can't help yourself. I'm going to be in my suit anyway. Just going to use its chameleon program. It'll take the form of native clothes. So, I'll be ready," he said to her, smirking as he said it, hoping she heeded his warning on not opening fire however. He'd rather not get in a firefight with hundreds of government soldiers.

"Are you saying I'm not interesting?" he asked jokingly, taking the cube from where she placed it and moving into a large locked safe. He didn't want to take the chance. "Yes, we should definitely get something to eat. I'm starving and you're the better cook out of the two of us." He smiled at her, following her towards where she was going.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

(OOC: That actually sounds like a cool class to take. Is it fun? xD)  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:05 pm
User Image

Holly Lundqvisk

Holly nodded and sighed, then said, "Alright, alright, I'll try not to make a scene." She stuck her tongue out in protest, but she knew he was right. The planet they were headed towards was a huge center of intergalactic government operations. It would be unwise to have officials, not just from that government, but from all across the universe on their tails at once. Although it sounded like fun. Maybe she could compromise and just fire off one round. Just to make a statement.

She shook her head. "Of course that's not what I'm saying!" She said, faking an appalled reaction at the suggestion. She went into the little kitchen of the ship, which was attached to a mess hall built for a much larger crew. "What sounds good?" Holly asked him as she went through the cupboards to see what was there.

RedEagleEye007

(OOC: I love it haha I'm actually majoring in Archaeology, though XD So for me it's like.. Nerding out over it haha The other day we got to go out and throw spears, boomerangs, and these big 4 foot dart things called an Atlatl. And we started fires in the field haha I also got to go see the Pompeii Exhibit that's in my area for extra credit.)  

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:17 pm
User Image
Gyro 'Vyrax' Cratos

Vyrax looked at the girl skeptically as she said she wouldn't make a scene. Part of him believed that she was going to do it anyway. She tended to have a bit impulsive and some enemy looked at her the wrong way, he could imagine the girl smashing someone's face in for it. "You'll try," he said to her, shaking his head, smiling at her as she stuck her tongue out at him. He hoped she didn't do it, but he didn't control her actions and besides, it wasn't like Vyrax's suit was made to look awesome...rather, it was made to be able to take on hundreds of enemies at once, not that he had to take on hundreds of enemies, but one never could be too careful. The armor wasn't made for it at least, but the targeting systems were. The armor itself could only take a few shots, but Vyrax was skilled in combat and hardly ever truly got hit with a bullet, with the exception of once or twice.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Yeah it is," he said with a playful wink towards her. He followed her towards the kitchen and stayed just outside of it so she had room to cook. "Surprise me." he said to her, the girl usually making food that he really liked. He has only ever had a few things in which he was neutral on that she had cooked...so unless she made that, her surprising him shouldn't be all that bad. Plus, he was pretty sure by then that she knew what kind of food he liked.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

(OOC: You actually have that as a major -_-? That's crazy. Sounds like a lot of fun. I major in computer science lol, which isn't nearly as fun. And I love throwing spears. I'm Native American so I have like four spears in a large glass case xD.)  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:25 pm
User Image

Holly Lundqvisk

Holly decide to make a meal she knew how to make from Virax's home planet, to prove to him that she was going to try to be good, and that she still liked her friend better than the cube. She pulled out all of the spices she needed from the cupboard, pulled some meat and vegetables out of their kitchen's cooler, and went to the grill to begin cutting things up. "ANYways..." She mumbled. "How long are we going to stay for?" She asked, pausing her cooking to pull her hair up into a ponytail and out of her face.

She continued cutting while the grill heated up, and threw everything onto it. She sprinkled some spices, and poured some oils, and stirred everything around on the flat-top. The whole kitchen was made to be able to cook for a crew of twenty-five to thirty. It had been stocked for one too, when she had taken it. She and Virax really only needed to grab a couple of ingredients here and there, since there was only the two of them with all this food.

RedEagleEye007

(OOC:I think most colleges do lol but a lot of people do geology or anthropology with an archaeology minor. I'm in the Seattle area though and we have a huuuge focus on Native American sites over here. So that could be why too. But computer science is a reaaaally good career! And thats awesome haha I have... a little wooden sword because of stage combat in drama XD Im german and Irish mostly. All I have going for me is good food XD

ALSO. I just had an epiphany while typing the word cupboard. It's called that because it's a board you put cups on o.o)  

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:16 pm
User Image
Gyro 'Vyrax' Cratos

Vyrax looked at her for a moment as she asked the question, pondering what the answer was. He wasn't sure at that moment, but he could give her a rough estimate to say the least. He wouldn't want to keep her waiting on that answer. "Uhm...it actually depends on whether or not Nazeem can figure out what the cube is and to the extent that he does figure it out. If he can unlock it, it might be a couple days. Fortunately, Nazeem will be able to give us sanctuary from the outside. The temple is considered sacred and not many are even allowed within. We will not be found while in there," he assured her, knowing that if the man was able to unlock whatever it is, Vyrax could only imagine what would happen. He was sure that wouldn't happen, but hey...he was allowed to get his hopes up right.

As he watched the girl cook, he leaned up against the wall, wondering what it was she was making. It did smell like the food his mother used to make however. He had a feeling he knew what it was, but he wasn't sure. "We really have more stuff in here than either of us can use within a year," he said jokingly, opening a few of the cabinets up just to reassure himself of the assertion. "I still find it crazy that you were able to just walk out with this huge ship."

Tigerlvr_Bailey

(OOC: Mine doesn't -_-. I just looked. And it is, but it can get rather tedious at times. And I have all the crazy Native American sites going for me xD. And that is a really weird epiphany to have xD. Not going to lie.)  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:38 pm
User Image

Holly Lundqvisk

Holly nodded in response. "I'm more worried about The Omega than us. We'll have to try our best to shield it from detection while we're away. This baby's gonna be a lot more noticeable." She explained, stroking the kitchen wall lovingly.

Then she smiled sneakily. "When you're the daughter of a government official, and placed in control of a ship, no one questions you for going to 'check it over' before take off." Then Holly shrugged. "I was out of the system before news of the ship's absence had reached anyone of any real importance. That's what I was made for, right?" she added with a bitter grin. She had never quite come to terms with the fact that her own father had let them tamper with her brain, although it made her much smarter. That was why she preferred to cause a scene at places that she and Virax went. She wanted them to know she was out there, using the gift they had given her. She wanted to rub it in their faces.

RedEagleEye007

(OOC: Wow o.o my community college has a ton of prereq stuff for it, and I'm going to be going to WWU which has a really good archaeology program. I think they send you to a dig at some point and everything. haha
And yeah, I don't even pretend to be tech-y .-. the techiest I get is coding my posts on this site XD I don't even know how to properly clean up my computer .-.
And yeah, I'm kind of an odd person... it's not unusual for me to have epiphanies like that haha I'm one of those people with all kinds of useless things to say~)  

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:57 pm
User Image
Gyro 'Vyrax' Cratos

Vyrax looked at her for a moment. Hopefully they could keep the omega out of view of the government, for that would be extremely bad. He knew that if that were to happen, the whole city would get searched and surely they would be found, because there probably was a man who knew that Vyrax was taught under Nazeem. Because unfortunately, Vyrax was from a very high profile family. It was one of the reasons why he made sure he went by his alias, which although was well-known, would draw much less attention than someone saying the name 'Cratos'. "I am going to start working on a cloaking device for this ship. It won't be done for a couple weeks, but hey, the fast we get that done, the faster we can evade the enemy. Although, sometimes I could swear you think faster is much worse," he said jokingly, smiling at her again.

"Not one person questioned you at all. Talk about a lapse of judgement. If it were me, you wouldn't be put near this ship. Then again, I also have had the pleasure of getting to know you," he said once again jokingly. He looked at the food she was cooking, recognizing it almost instantly. It was his favorite meal from his home planet. "Ah...smells like my mothers kitchen in here."

Tigerlvr_Bailey

(OOC: xD
And yeah, I'm sorry I made you wait so long for this. Remember how I said I was sick. Turns out it got worse...a lot worse. So I've been bed-ridden for almost three full days now. Just watching television and sleeping. I hope you understand. )  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:29 pm
User Image

Holly Lundqvisk

Holly stuck her tongue out at him again, but then nodded. "That would probably be for the best..." She admitted. Although he was right, she generally preferred to do things the more difficult way, when it came to the safety of her ship, she would do whatever it took.

Then she grinned and shook her head. "Not a single one. I had pretty high clearance. And didn't exactly show the side of myself you know until then." She added a wink. She had definitely gone off the rails all at once. She had been pushed to her limits, and they had lost their most prized ship, and their little science experiment.

Then he finally noticed the food and she gave him an even bigger grin. "Yep! That's the point!" She quickly pushed the food from the grill onto two plates and made her way out to the seating area. She set both plates down and went to grab something to drink. "It was just to prove that I still like you more than the cube." She explained, pulling a bottle of something out of the cooling unit and inspecting it.

RedEagleEye007

(OOC: No worries! I've been pretty busy anyways.
Feeling any better now, at least? .-.)  

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:41 am
User Image
Gyro 'Vyrax' Cratos

He gave her a smile as she stuck her tongue out at him. "Yes it would," he reiterated, making sure she knew that he was indeed going to do it. "I'll get the idea over to the R&D part of the ship...Oh wait...that's me." He laughed when he said this, not really caring that it was really just him building things when she was navigating the ship. Of course, he would help her when she needed things, because they were a crew of two...so naturally, he had to do a lot of work with navigation as well, but often was he stuck being the one making upgrades on everything. She of course, helped too, but inventing, coding, all were Vyrax's specialty really. The suit that he wore twenty four-seven in general was a engineering masterpiece compared to the fault cloaking devices that anyone else in the galaxy could create. "It shouldn't be too hard anyway. We would just need to pillage a few materials though. And hey, Hassan is the main exporter for the material in which I need...so, when its all said and done, we should be looking to pilfer some." He knew she would love that part.

He shrugged his shoulders, clearly thinking that her superiors had made some kind of mistake, but then again, he only knew of the Holly he knew, not pre-Omega Holly. He had no idea what she was like back then. "Then tell me a little bit about the pre-Omega Holly. What were you like then? I've actually always wondered, but you know, we never got on the subject until now," he asked the girl. He obviously was curious at that point...donning a face that just screamed curious.

As they reached the subject of food, the girl seemed to have a huge grin on her face. She was definitely glad that he had noticed what exactly she was making. "Well...I must say, you've made your point very well," he said, matching her grin with one of his own. He followed her out to the seating area, loving the fact that he was going to get to eat royally. "I do have to ask: do you got any ice cold beer in there? Or did I run out of that from the last trip?" He asked the girl, secretly hoping he didn't run out. Because they definitely would be stealing another thing from Hassan if he did. Then again, he could just pay for them...because he did have the money after all.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

(OOC: I'm just getting better now. At least, a little bit. I should be back to regular posting in a couple days at least. So I won't make you wait hours on end for a post xD. I'm really sorry. )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:51 pm
User Image

Holly Lundqvisk

Holly grinned at the joke about the R&D part of the ship, understanding the humor in the fact that they were only a two-man crew. She grinned even wider when he told her they would need to acquire some materials. "You're talking to the right girl for the job." She said happily. Then he asked her what she was like before all of this; the piracy, the hiding, the "going out in style" attitude. She looked off into the distance for a moment, trying to decide how to explain herself as she took a bite of her food. It was much harder to come up with a description of yourself than to describe someone else.

Finally she spoke. "I dunno. I was pretty shy, I guess. I kind of just... went along with everything... I didn't argue, I was actually really scared, a lot of the time... Then I just decided I'd had enough. The opportunity to set myself free presented itself, and I took it." She shrugged. The rest was history. Holly had never gone back to being that girl. She hated that girl. She much preferred the power and the confidence she had given herself because of what she had done. "What about you?" She asked with a smirk, determined to make Vyrax answer the same question.

She took another bit of the food on her plate, then set down her fork to run to the fridge. She pushed things around for a moment, searching, and then found a few beers buried in the back. Holly pulled out one for herself, and one for her friend, popping the caps off of both and bringing them back to the table, sliding one across to Vyrax. She was under age, but that didn't really matter out here in deep space... She took a drink, and then picked her fork back up. "Might wanna grab some more while we're out though. Your supply is running low."

RedEagleEye007

(OOC: Gah. Sorry this took me so long.-. Now I'm the one making everyone wait for me, not just you, I promise .-. I've been reeeaaaally busy .-. My grocery store changed companies this week, I've had to study for finals, and I'm getting ready to go to California for a couple of days tomorrow .-. When I get back things should slow down for me a little t-t there's like... one RP I've actually been keeping up on this whole time .-.  

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:44 pm
User Image
Gyro 'Vyrax' Cratos

Vyrax looked at her for a few moments, glad that she was up for pillaging. Then again, the girl always seemed up for it, which was always good, because she sure motivated him to do it. He never felt like having to go through the trouble, but she seemed to be able to push him through that lack of desire...fortunately, because if she didn't; well, he would be the most terrible pirate in the galaxy. "Very good then," he said to her with a smile. Now that he had her on board, he might as well consider that he has it within his possession.

As she answered his question about what she was like before all of the piracy and when she answered, he was rather surprised to say the least. The girl was exactly the opposite of what she was at that moment. It was crazy to hear that she changed that much, but then again, he knew what kind of family she was from. Or at least, he only knew what she told him and it seemed that kind of family would call for being submissive. He should've known the girl would return the question towards him, but he didn't take as nearly of a dramatic switch in personality as she did. He was still basically himself, just a less cold-hearted version. "I haven't changed all that much. As you already know, I was basically a war lord to some degrees. Our army was feared...and so was I. People didn't know how to talk to me without showing fear. And I couldn't find it within myself to care about anything more than myself and my strategy, not even human life. It's a bad way to live life and, so I left it, but I was hunted down for the way I left. I mean, I literally left, and you know, you aren't supposed to do that. So I went into hiding on Hassan, where Nazeem had provided me sanctuary. I am still thankful to this day," he admitted, shrugging his shoulders. "Of course, now that I have all of this, now I have something to care about for once."

The girl came back with his beer and she had gotten one for herself as well. Smirking at her, he said ,"Hey, hey, hey, who said you could drink my beers. You aren't old enough," he said jokingly. Smiling at her, he awaited her reaction.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

(OOC: It's okay. Have fun on your trip! Take your time too. I'm not too worried about it)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:32 pm
User Image

Holly Lundqvisk

Holly dug into her food again once back at the table. She listened to him talk about his life, running away and having to hide before she picked him up. She couldn't imagine putting her trust in someone in a situation like that. When she left, she hadn't needed to find a place to go. She had a whole ship to herself. Holly had only needed to keep it far enough ahead of anyone looking for her. Vyrax was the first person she had chosen to trust again after the ordeal. Then she grinned. "You're welcome." She said, as though it were entirely her doing. She was just joking around, of course. "So, you were a scarier version of you?" She added, an eyebrow raised.

Holly rolled her eyes at him when he scolded her for drinking his beer. "My ship. I think that means my fridge. Therefore, without me, you wouldn't have any beer." She held up the bottle before taking another swig. She knew her round-about logic made no sense, and was trying hard to keep a straight face as she spouted nonsense at him.

RedEagleEye007

(OOC: I did have fun!! I got really sick on my last day though and it's still holding on for dear life t-t it's been like a week now t-t it's the worst t-t)  

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:54 pm
User Image
Gyro 'Vyrax' Cratos

Vyrax nodded along with her, a casual smile on his face. He gave a laugh as she asked if he was just a scarier version, mainly because that was pretty much what he was back then. "Yes...that pretty much what I was...unfortunately. A lot of innocent blood on my hands...to much for my tastes," he admitted to her, shaking his head as he recalled his past. He had a dark past and she knew that, but he'd never shed light on what he had done. It was truly hard for him to even divulge what he was saying without hating himself for it.

He gave her a look as she claimed the fridge because it was her ship. Looking at her, he gave a snicker. "Well...if we are going by that logic...well my beer must be in the ownership of your home planet's government then," he told her, laughing pretty hard.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

(OOC: Hey, I'm sorry I didn't post back. I noticed that you posted only a few days ago and I've been working 10 hour shifts the past couple days so I've just about been dead everyday.)  
~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff