Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[gravitation] hated gateway anime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

=P
  =0
View Results

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:21 am
X.rainbowflavoredpride.X
Narki
lupine_ragdoll
I actually thought the photography integrated with animation was a cool effect, but that's just me. razz I just automatically love most things if I haven't seen them anywhere else, originality is my main weakness. razz

It's not that the idea itself was bad and indeed it's always good to make your work stand out from others. I just think that it could've been done better.
True, true! I thought the story was pretty nice until volume eight, where it TOTALLY got off track. Not only that, but the anime has some pretty, well, horrible animations at times. Not like the anime was a total failure, but, like you said before, it could've been better=3

Though, it IS pretty funny xD So, I guess those who aren't Shounen-Ai fans may get SOMETHING out of it.

That, and the story is quite original 3nodding

My thoughts exactly (part from the story bit, haven't gotten far enough to know about that yet). An ok piece that could've been ranked among the best but is dragged down under the weight of many flaws and mistakes.
It's odd though that the animation is as it is... Wasn't the anime made by the Ghost in the Shell team? Or am I way off here?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:38 am
It was the first completely BL-centric anime I had ever seen, and because of that I think I was caught up in it a lot at first. That and it was funny as hell. Still think it is pretty funny. But like Narki says, it's just full of mistakes and all sorts of flaws, which I was able to deal with and ignore in the anime. Possibly because it was quick and only dealt with the part of the manga that was well better.

But then I read the whole manga which writes like a mediocre fanfiction ("oh it doesn't matter that I was raped! I love Yuki and that makes all emotional scaring go away!") and I just couldn't stand it. It wasn't funny but ridiculous. I haven't a clue what went through Murakami's head when she wrapped up certain issues the way she did. And finally, she had a horrible imbalance of humor and seriousness.

So I liked the anime more than I liked the manga though generally I dislike all of Gravitation. Nowadays I think that the series only saving grace was the supporting cast. I love Nittle Grasper, K, Tatsuha, Hiro and so on so very much.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Artie Ficial

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:12 pm
It was my first BL, but... I don't know, I'm fond of it, but I don't think it's as great as everyone makes out.

Some parts of it make me cringe like hell. Like that part (I think it's in volume 6) when Tatsuha dresses up as Eiri and him and Shuichi are like... oh god, I don't want to remember. Some of those parts are just utterly crap. I swear.

I don't like the art in the first few volumes either. But it gets really awesome near the end of the series.

Shuichi just annoys me in general. He's an idiot. Bleh. I really like Eiri, though, and his back story and stuff... The supporting cast are great. Nittle Grasper, Tatsuha and Hiro are all awesome. Especially Ryuichi. I like them a lot.

I did enjoy the ending of the manga, however. It was cute! Heh heh heh.

Overall there are some parts I can't stand to read, but it does have many redeeming features.

I'll admit that I've never seen the anime. It's tricky to get hold of and I don't really like watching anime anyway most of the time. I have some of the songs from the OST, however, and I must say the music is really good.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:18 pm
LadyNox
But then I read the whole manga which writes like a mediocre fanfiction ("oh it doesn't matter that I was raped! I love Yuki and that makes all emotional scaring go away!") and I just couldn't stand it.

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at that. o.o  

[OMFG NARKI]

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:35 pm
I liked it untill like, volume ten or something. I mean, I never HATED it, but it wasn't the best anymore. Partially because her style changed (and I hate her new style, no offense to anyone who likes it.) and also because it just seemed like she rushed it and threw stuff in so she could hurry up and end it. It dissapointed me alot.
And the anime... eh. I watched part of an episode.. I didn't like the style. It reminded me of Getbackers, 'cause you KNEW the artist that did the drawings for the anime could do better, yet, it looked like they only put in 50%. Also, the animation was 'so-so' to me. Maybe I'm just more used to the newer animes, with the better animation.
Although I was able to watch YnM, and the animation didn't bother me. (Well it did, but not nearly as much)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:24 pm
i dont like gravitation but i also dont hate it..... besides the thing that got me into BL is Fake..  

Innuendos In Tea

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

~emosexual_joygasm~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:07 pm
hmm, i've never read gravitation  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:18 pm
LadyNox

So I liked the anime more than I liked the manga though generally I dislike all of Gravitation.

Really? I actually liked the manga more=P But that's maybe because I like manga with a touch of the author's personality to be involved xD

I only like the anime for it's music and the fact that it's...kinda cute ^^

But, I love insanity. So yeah, I go with the manga=P

I for one, used to be a TOTAL Gravitation fangirl, but after watching the whole series for like....the umpteenth time, I started to reallize how off-track it became. And now, there is currently a sequel being issued...oi xD

Oh well, I'm still going to finish it, I do like Gravitation still=3 Just not...."fangirl-crazy" =P

Pax et lux

Chakura

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:57 pm
I like Gravi I mean I have the entire manga collection, the anime, OVA, have parts of the remix redface , and scanlation of Gravi2 xd lol it didnt get me into yaoi (GW actually did) but it a nice one to start off w/ plus I heart the music and Shu-chan and Ryu-chan 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:47 pm
One of the reasons I like yaoi so much! XD  

Kalypso Kitsune

Kalypso Kitsune

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:49 pm
MooMooJuice
I liked it untill like, volume ten or something. I mean, I never HATED it, but it wasn't the best anymore. Partially because her style changed (and I hate her new style, no offense to anyone who likes it.) and also because it just seemed like she rushed it and threw stuff in so she could hurry up and end it. It dissapointed me alot.
And the anime... eh. I watched part of an episode.. I didn't like the style. It reminded me of Getbackers, 'cause you KNEW the artist that did the drawings for the anime could do better, yet, it looked like they only put in 50%. Also, the animation was 'so-so' to me. Maybe I'm just more used to the newer animes, with the better animation.
Although I was able to watch YnM, and the animation didn't bother me. (Well it did, but not nearly as much)
Personally, I liked the new style. I think it's softer on the eyes than the old one.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:32 am
I have to say though, the remixes are... whoa. xd Just... whoa. That's all I can describe them as.

Artie Ficial

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:57 pm
RikusKitsuneMate
Personally, I liked the new style. I think it's softer on the eyes than the old one.

I liked, until like, the last volume. When everyone seemed like they were actually getting younger, instead of older. >>;;;  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:21 pm
I personally preferred the manga to the anime. Of course, I only bought the first two volumes of the Gravitation manga. I did watch all of the anime, and for a very short period of time, I was a major fan. However...From the beginning the animation bugged me. So did the audio. It was just...Hell for me. The only reason I bought three of the disks was so that I could see Ryuichi. (I fell in love with Ryu, I really did.)

I eventually just gave the series to a friend of mine whom I happened to introduce yaoi. She flipped, and I'm glad that I didn't waste the money. After I found out why exactly Murakami made the series, I wasn't so hard on it. It was just purely so she could draw man smex. 3nodding But since they had to turn down the rating on the series, she pumped out the volumes as fast as she could to get it over with. When it became a hit, she went with the flow and introduced the anime. She still never got to draw the man smex, and thus the reason Remix was made! At least, thats what I was told.

I do still enjoy the songs, and I know all the words. I still celebrate Ryuichi's birthday, because going around chanting 'Singing sparkley, singing sparkley' on April Fools day freaks people out. However, Gravitation holds little room in my heart anymore. Another reason I hate it so much today is the fact that recently, I've found a group of sixth graders that constantly bug me for Gravitation. Its not right. Because they refuse to watch/read anything other than Gravi! gonk

Well, there is my opinion on the matter. Long story short, I hate Gravitation.  

IgnorantSkittle

dirphenomenon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:22 pm
OMG..there's gravi HATERS here?? i didn't know that~i thought everyone likes gravi since it's sooo popular. what's going on with you people!! gonk  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games