Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Endless Plains
[PRP] Here's my Neck, Here's my Paw (Prisca & Xero) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:13 pm
Prisca, on the other hand, merely chuckled and laid herself down on the branch, for the moment quite unaffected by his words. She wasn't stupid, however. Even while she relaxed, her senses were on alert in case whatever it was stopping him from getting at her wore off. It wasn't her. If it was her, she'd have kept on running. He was different from her. Different enough she should be careful and just stand her ground until she understood more.

Though it appeared he was just as confused as she was.

"Of course not," the lady answered matter-of-factly, the tone in her voice suggesting he was stating the obvious. Which he was. "But I don't plan on coming down and clearly you can't come up." Standing up and looking around, Prisca moved her pale eyes back down at the base of the tree. "Why are you so stubborn? You are a B'alam, a large one at that, and there is a herd of deer just over there."

GunSniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:04 pm
"All the gratitude to YOU, my deer, I can't seem to move. Once you surrender my eyes perhaps I will be on my way..."

The tone in Xero's voice suggested he would not be leaving her alone any time soon. Even if he were to get his sight back. He was too determined at this point to have revenge. It was one thing to be a tough catch, but this one had proven to be even more of a pain in his side. Something about her tone drilled at his sides and caused every throbbing inch of his frame to sting.

"Why do YOU not go get those deer?" He snapped with a growl. "Yes, YOU come down and go hunt those deer, my deer."

His wings folded tighter over his eyes. It was getting brighter, even his wings seemed to be insufficient in fully blocking out the light. It was helpful to dull it at least, but Xero felt it was not enough. He wanted to see again, and it was that "deer" in the tree's fault that his desire was going unfulfilled.

It probably would have been wise to wander away at this point. Perhaps his sight would return if he left the "deer" be. However, Xero could no longer see past his desire to put this annoyance in her place. Every word she spoke he was going to make her... regret... Hopefully that moment would come soon. Xero could feel his head begin to spin more and more.

Hoshi Lockhart

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:52 pm
"I have told you," the pale Light spat back, finally becoming irritated with this stubborn oaf. She leaned over the branch, looking down at him with flashing eyes. A sight that wouldn't terrify most. "That is not my doing! Do you think I would still be here if I had?" Giving a sniff of agitation, Prisca settled back down on the branch, as best as she could with her fur bristling. She continued to glare at him.

"I do not need those deer. I would not even come down to get one for you."

Looking up towards the top of the tree, the pale Nantlil reached up a paw to swipe at the nearest branch. A few leaves fluttered to the group, another smaller shower soon following. Returning the paw to her side, Prisca glanced back down.

"Become a herbivore. Easier." And less stress for herself or anyone else around her. He was lucky he was so much bigger than her. She was becoming more certain it would be best if this Tahtll had never woken up. She might have gladly put him back to sleep, if not to simply save herself from a life stuck in this tree. With no exercise and just birds to eat. Provided the birds were stupid enough to come close to the obviously large fur mass.

GunSniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:14 pm
Xero's ears twitched to the sudden rustling and fluttering noise coming above. Was she coming down? He didn't believe for a moment that this wasn't her doing.

"Perhaps you simply wanted to watch my anguish at your own trick!" He retorted with a growl.

The leaves glided along his folded wings and covered his back. His fur bristled instantly while he shook violently to remove them. Behind his tail whipped around like a striking serpent.

His nostrils flared. Whatever was just poured upon him did not smell pleasant.

"I have no desire to have any of that!"

The sun was getting brighter now and he could feel it burning on the back of his eyelids. His wings tightened over his aching head. This was no use. That being was protected by some unknown force and he would surely soon succumb to twisting pain in his belly and head. However, Xero refused to give the satisfaction of retreat to this one. He couldn't quite explain it, but walking away without gaining what he had desired in the first place seemed a fate worse than death.

Hoshi Lockhart

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:09 pm
A giant sigh escaped the mouth of the Light lady. This was quickly becoming tiring. How stubborn was this tahtll? He had to leave eventually, especially if he was as hungry as he seemed. She wasn't the only other B'alam in the world. And even if she was, there were lots of other animals out there to get a meal from. Such as those deer over the way.

"As much as I would enjoy that, I have been honest this entire time," Prisca answered, her irritation continuing to show through with the tone of her voice. "My ability does not work during the day!"

Heaving another sigh, she stretched and relaxed her claws against the bark on the tree, beginning to wish she could use them against the B'alam below. If this encounter went on long enough, she just might lose her patience completely and jump down on his back, claws extended for payback.

"Then go! I am not coming down! This is a waste of your time and mine."

GunSniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:25 am
Another knot twisted in Xero's stomach while he listened to the light-bringer bark in the tree. Vile creature. His teeth clenched tight. Oh how he wished he was clenching them around her bright neck! The thought would have been more pleasant had his head not felt like it were going to implode.

Both his wings crossed over his face while he worked to keep the light from getting to his eyes. The rays of light were like spears on his brain, each one sharper than the last.

Finally Xero begun to lay down, his back pressed firmly against the tree. Now his limbs seemed to work against him. His whole body felt as if it were taking sides with the light-bringer.

"Why should I believe you..." Xero huffed through clenched teeth. Than after a moment's pause he growled. "Than go. If this is a waste of your time, climb out of the tree. Clearly you have the means to. I doubt you taste as good as you looked...".

He could tell himself that over and over again, however even he was not convinced of that statement. Letting this one "win" still seemed a fate worse than death. However, he was slowly understanding the term "limits", which his own libs were the vile instructor to that lesson.

Hoshi Lockhart

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:44 pm
From up high, Prisca smirked from her perch of safety, tail swaying slowly back and forth over the edge, beginning to feel completely relaxed. Whatever was troubling him she was discovering she was perfectly fine with. But just in case this was an act or was only short lived, she intended to remain up the tree.

"Aw. You think I look good?" the light nantlil cooed. "I thank you for the compliment."

Getting back to a sitting position, Prisca moved closer to the trunk, extended her claws, and scratched at it like she was preparing to come down, while keeping her hind legs planted firmly on the branch. If he didn't react, perhaps this wasn't a ploy to get her to lower her guard.

"And why should I believe you?" was her answer as she rained down bark on the male below. "You appear more untrustworthy than I do."

GunSniper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:33 pm
Xero growled and huffed. It seemed that was the only thing he could accomplish. Take that foul light creature! Pathetic. That was a new feeling Xero was becoming more and more aquatinted with. He failed to hunt and enjoy what he believed would be a good meal. Now here he was pathetically curled under a tree covering his eyes from the burning light on the other side of his wings. Like a weak... something.

His stomach felt hollow and knotted tightly. Each of his limbs felt weak and almost separate from his frame. Than there was that pounding headache tearing through his skull from his brain up. It made the world around him seem as if it was pulsing with each heart beat. No matter how hard his claws gripped at the earth the throbbing would not stop.

"Fine, take the compliment... uhng... just go." He groaned. "I do not care if you do not believe me. Or if I 'look' untrustworthy. Whatever that means... Just go away. You are more hassle than a mere feast is worth."

Perhaps if she were to leave the headache would go with her. Nothing but trouble since he had run into the bright thing.

Hoshi Lockhart

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:43 pm
Stilling her scraping, Prisca crouched on the branch motionless, awaiting his next move. Her claws still clung to the bark at the top of her scratch marks, her pale eyes narrowed to the ground below her where the pieces of the tree lay on the grass. She was expecting him to spring up, or at least incline his head toward the leafy top of the tree. Proving her right in believing him to be faking. When he continued to fail to move, not even to look over her shoulder, confusion replaced her paranoia. She had not done anything to him. If she had, she, of course, would have known. So what was the problem? Did he have a medical mystery? They weren't so different from each other, but could it be possible that those differences were enough to give them different reactions to different things?

The Light lady twisted her lips to the side in an expression of deep thought, still suspended in the air as she was. After a while she pulled her lower half back up to grip the tree from the opposite side the other B'alam was resting against. Using her claws, she climbed down, landing on the ground with a thump.

"Untrustworthy means I should watch my back around you at all times," she answered, walking around the tree to sit down at his side, keeping the distance between them enough that she could spring up if needed to. A smile touched her lips at being called a hassle. Good. That was good. She didn't want to make anything easy for anyone. No one must be mistaken in her abilities. She was tougher than she looked. Oh, yes. Mentally, anyway.

"I think I will stay." If to understand what was going on, at least.

GunSniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:19 pm
'I think I will stay', those words pounded at Xero's mind almost as hard as his headache. He released a low groan in response. No only had she descended the tree, but she had moved to sit along side him. He could hear her, somewhat feel how close she was now.

Here Xero thought he was a fierce hunter, feared! No, he was reduced to curling into his wings and shielding his eyes from the inferno that had suddenly taken place.

"...Why?" Xero groaned with nothing better to sat at this point.

His head felt as if it were going to split in two, his limbs felt useless, and he could not for the life of him open his eyes. What kind of messed up world was this?!

By now the sun was resting over the horizon and light had completely overtaken the land. Shadows were creeping out from under the trees and stretching out away from the golden orb in the sky. Unfortunately Xero had the terrible luck of laying just to the side where the rays had struck the side of the tree completely.

Hoshi Lockhart

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:40 pm
"You are a curiosity," came her response, a small smile now plastered upon her face as she seen the danger truly was passed. And without danger, there now was study. Judging by his increased lethargy as the sun rose, she could only guess it was the light that was doing this to him. It left no other options, unless she had some secret power when she was in trouble. But she didn't feel in trouble anymore and he remained tucked away under his massive wings. Such strange body parts those were. The closest to a wing she had was the clip on her head. They where like a second pair of paws, with long fingers ending in those sharp claws that couldn't be retracted back into the toes.

"I have not even seen another of my kind," And, of course, now that she finally did, she wanted to study him. So similar, yet so different. It brought the thought back up that perhaps he was the male version of her species. That her gender had a horn and his had wings. And his sensitivity to light would be a great way to make them work together, if they were all as savage as this one. The darkness was her enemy, when her light went out. Clearly he didn't have an equal to her orb. And those wings couldn't possibly be keeping out as much light as he wanted. She might have been willing to help him if he hadn't been so rude. As it was, he could sit there and suffer.

GunSniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:03 am
Xero tried to issue an aggressive growl, but it came out more like a deep rattling sigh. Now he was a curiosity?! Not moments ago she was in a tree scared and now he was a curiosity. Xero knew she was close by and it angered him all the more to know he could do nothing but curl up and shrivel away from the sun. How pathetic. A curiosity.

His fur further prickled when she mentioned that she had yet to see one of her kind. Was she saying he was "her kind"?! More insults. If that light wasn't there to protect her, he would have done away with her. He was not "her kind". For one, they looked completely different. For two, she was cruel... summoning blinding light, causing his head to ache. All he wanted was something to eat and something told him she had what he needed... Now he was weak and a curiosity.

Reduced to verbally 'begging' that she let him be. He could taste his own blood on his tongue, but it was bitter, something about it was just not satisfying. Not what he needed.

"... would you..." Xero drew in a slow breath. "be gone..."

Just the thought of being in such a state around this nahtill was a torture. A curiosity!? The arrogance!

Hoshi Lockhart

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:32 pm
Prisca made a face like she was thinking about this. She could go, yes. There wasn't much she could do beside look at him. Even though he clearly didn't seem able to move, she still didn't feel safe enough getting too close to him. Not while she didn't know the extent of his suffering. She was sure he wasn't about to tell her.

"So you can track me down later and surprise me when I least expect it? I don't think so."

Reaching out with two paws, the Light nantlil stretched out her front legs and back before sitting back down and curling her tail around herself. Her paws were still covered in little bits of bark from raining it down on him. She raised one and started to shake it, sending the bits flying in different directions before settling into a little grooming.

"What are you doing, exactly?" Prisca asked between licks. "How badly can the sun have blinded you, when you have ears and a nose to navigate by?"

GunSniper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:16 pm
Xero attempted another growl that ended up more like a gravely sigh. All the world could have faded away and yet he would still be able to hear this Nahtil's voice. She was like this "sun" and refused to simply go away. Life would be so much more livable without their presence.

"...what... does... it..." Xero drew in a breath.

Now atop the throbbing pain in his head, pulsing pressure behind his eye sockets, burning sensation around his eyes, and the weakness in his limbs speaking was taking his breath away.

The last part of his inquiry he chose to simply not to finish what he was saying. She was clever enough. She could fill in her own blanks. With each painfully tired breath he drew the more he realized how much breath he was wasting on the nahtil. It was simply working against him. SHE was working against him. All he wanted to do was have a meal. That's all he understood when he woke up; 'hungry, need blood..." Which he was now realizing what it was he needed. Where that understanding could have come from was anyone's guess. Xero didn't care, he just now knew what he needed. And not his own. His own had been running down his forehead and into his tongue and had done nothing for his energy. His own blood was different.

Hoshi Lockhart

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:14 pm
"Matter?" Prisca finished for him, when it appeared he was having too much difficulty in talking. Putting the paw down on the ground, she looked at him a while, not with pity or sympathy, but with more curiosity over the severity of his symptoms. It was amazing to her how similar they could look, but how different they acted. The sun burned him. Like opposites, the sun recharged her little orb. The darkness didn't exactly hurt her eyes, but she couldn't see similarly to how he clearly couldn't. His actions seemed a bit severe for just the light to be doing this.

Oh. How could she have forgotten. He did also try to eat her earlier, perhaps he was hungry.

Without a word, the Light nantlil rose and ran off in one direction, trusting that he'd still be there considering the sun would be up for a while. When she returned some time later, she was carrying something furry in her mouth, which she dropped down in front of his nose and moved back to her original spot to continue her grooming. On top of the few bark bites stubbornly still clinging to her fur, there were now little specks of blood from her claws digging into the dead rabbit's back to hold it down.

GunSniper

[ RP Zone ] The Endless Plains

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces