Trumpet
  Trombone
  Saxaphone
  Other
View Results

McHuggies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:44 pm
Asthen
a few days ago my friend asked me if i wanted to play trumpet in a ska band he's trying to get started,
so yeah, i guess i play trumpet in a ska band. whee

Awesome, good luck with the band biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:49 pm
I"m trying to find people who can play multiple instruments so we can switch playing stuff in our sets. (hint... hint)  

NoFingersMcKenzi

a white shadow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:44 am
trumpet would be killer  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:38 pm
lol Judging by the current poll results, we could make a ska band... with three lead vocalists too xd  

McHuggies

Yaktafu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm
But how can we live without the lead guitar and the saxaphone!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:53 pm
Yaktafu
But how can we live without the lead guitar and the saxaphone!

Yeah I noticed we would be short a lead guitarist and saxaphone too... but it sounds like there are people here who could switch. lol I mean, we have 3 lead vocals and 3 trumpets, I'm sure someone would be ok with playing sumfing else once in a while xp  

McHuggies

Yaktafu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:01 pm
Yeah. That makes sense. But three lead voclaists would be so kickass.
My band has two... kinda'. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:12 am
McHuggies
I play rhythm guitar in my band, but I always wanted to try the drums or trumpet. I used to know how to play the trumpet, but it's a lost art on me now...

awww sad you should take it up again!!! i love playing trumpet, its so much fun....im so excited cuz im getting a new one for my birthday!!!

good-bye shitty student trumpet! hello nice shiny silver stradivarious mrgreen  

koolbeanzkt

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 am
just wondering....what is this other instrument that someone voted for on the poll???

i wanna know what cool instrument that person would want to play...

my cousins b/f plays bass clarinet in his ska band...its pretty rad wink  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:58 pm
In the subject of other, it wasn't me so I don't actually know, I found this ska band that has a Tuba player.
It made my day.  

Electric Uncle Akuma

Asthen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:58 pm
koolbeanzkt
McHuggies
I play rhythm guitar in my band, but I always wanted to try the drums or trumpet. I used to know how to play the trumpet, but it's a lost art on me now...

awww sad you should take it up again!!! i love playing trumpet, its so much fun....im so excited cuz im getting a new one for my birthday!!!

you're getting a strad?! luckkyyyy.
i'm going to woodwind brasswind in june and hopefully getting a getsen eterna (sp?). biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:59 pm
koolbeanzkt

I should... I still have some old sheet music from when I was learning, so I should be able to get back into it... the poor thing is just collecting dust in it's case right now neutral

A silver stradivarius?! Man, that is one fine a** trumpet. Seriously, that thing is hawt, you're lucky.  

McHuggies

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:21 pm
McHuggies
koolbeanzkt

I should... I still have some old sheet music from when I was learning, so I should be able to get back into it... the poor thing is just collecting dust in it's case right now neutral

A silver stradivarius?! Man, that is one fine a** trumpet. Seriously, that thing is hawt, you're lucky.

i know!!!! biggrin not too sure if thats actually the one im getting....my teachers bringing a few different kinds into school for me to try out and see which one i like best, but a strad was one of his choices for me smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:01 pm
koolbeanzkt
i know!!!! biggrin not too sure if thats actually the one im getting....my teachers bringing a few different kinds into school for me to try out and see which one i like best, but a strad was one of his choices for me smile

Nice. I had a dream last night that I played my trumpet and I was really good... then I tried playing it today and it made me sad sad lol  

McHuggies

The Murmur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:54 pm
I play... Umm... Uhh... *looks down at siggy* Oh yeah!
I play lead/rhythm guitar! Cuz I'm just that ******** skilled!
Actually its cuz I never liked the idea of 2 guitarist in one band... SO I choose to take on both rolls.

I've also been playing piano since I was 5 and I picked up the Alto sax when I was 9. I'm soon going to learn how to play trombone after I buy my new guitar (Gibson Firebird V).

And yet... I can't read a single sheet of music if my life depended on it  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces