Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Plots & Quests ] The Square
[I/T] The Valkyries Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:45 am
Freyja has arrived! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:39 pm
-stalks-  

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:29 pm
Stalks Agent K  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:34 pm
Future Valkyrie Here!
Username:: Brosephiine
Name:: Aslaug
Tribe:: Ice
What are you questing? Skati
What will they look like? Attired in blue and brown, with simple metal adornments and a fur stole. Long, flowing blonde hair that tumbles over her shoulders and ice blue eyes. She wears bird feather earrings. Based on the Vikings character Princess Aslaug.
Quest Thread? Nope, I'll be doing an IRL commission
What will you aspire to become?
What is your background/personality? Soft spoken, patient, but strong. Perhaps not a fighter, but instead has the gift of foresight, usually in dreams and occasionally indecipherable. Aslaug is a maternal figurehead and a protector of women and children. She is the one B'alam go to for advice when in need. She will not turn away men, being sympathetic to all in need, but there is still the preference towards women. Aslaug can be complicated as well and when in deep thought may seem a bit aloof and uncaring. She is torn between her heart and what she knows to be true and good for herself and those in her charge/care. (I don't want to give away spoilers! D: But I have a whole big plot line.)
Do you swear to adhere to any currently written customs and beliefs and any that may come to be standard? Yes
Do you swear to be an active member if you do get your quested character? Yes
Would you like a Joining RP with a member of The Skati? Yes? xD
Anything else? I thought long and hard about Aslaug and I'm currently working a more in depth story line for her, though I'd prefer not to get too in depth without first acquiring her and being accepted AND getting the other B'alam needed for her plotline. sweatdrop I put a LOT of work into my character creation. (But it totally has to do with a love triangle. 8D )

caffeinektn

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:21 am
Brosephiine
Future Valkyrie Here!
What will they look like? Attired in blue and brown, with simple metal adornments and a fur stole. Long, flowing blonde hair that tumbles over her shoulders and ice blue eyes. She wears bird feather earrings. Based on the Vikings character Princess Aslaug.
What is your background/personality? Soft spoken, patient, but strong. Perhaps not a fighter, but instead has the gift of foresight, usually in dreams and occasionally indecipherable. Aslaug is a maternal figurehead and a protector of women and children. She is the one B'alam go to for advice when in need. She will not turn away men, being sympathetic to all in need, but there is still the preference towards women. Aslaug can be complicated as well and when in deep thought may seem a bit aloof and uncaring. She is torn between her heart and what she knows to be true and good for herself and those in her charge/care. (I don't want to give away spoilers! D: But I have a whole big plot line.)
Do you swear to adhere to any currently written customs and beliefs and any that may come to be standard? Yes
Anything else? I thought long and hard about Aslaug and I'm currently working a more in depth story line for her, though I'd prefer not to get too in depth without first acquiring her and being accepted AND getting the other B'alam needed for her plotline. sweatdrop I put a LOT of work into my character creation. (But it totally has to do with a love triangle. 8D )

Ooooh.
Will she be alright being a warrior of some sort?
A Skati, necessity to being the figurehead of their Tribe, is also someone cubs and others will look up to for their prowess in being a combatant.
Though notwithstanding, Freyja is a big pushover for cubs, adores them. xD
She's a big goofball.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:10 pm
Mewsings of An Angel
Brosephiine
Future Valkyrie Here!

Ooooh.
Will she be alright being a warrior of some sort?
A Skati, necessity to being the figurehead of their Tribe, is also someone cubs and others will look up to for their prowess in being a combatant.
Though notwithstanding, Freyja is a big pushover for cubs, adores them. xD
She's a big goofball.

Yeah i think she could. c: She's not one to leap to fighting, prefers other methods like coersion, but she could fight.

caffeinektn

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:14 pm
Brosephiine

Oooh, a warrior of words! Much love for this! > u<
I'm hoping someone else decides to go after the Fire Skati.
Then we'll have all the Leaders, and can put in membership to become an actual Colony!
emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:58 pm
Mewsings of An Angel
Brosephiine

Then we'll have all the Leaders, and can put in membership to become an actual Colony!
emotion_kirakira

Ooo does that mean Aslaug is accepted? emotion_kirakira

caffeinektn

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:08 am
Brosephiine
Mewsings of An Angel
Brosephiine

emotion_kirakira

Yes yes!
I love the ideas you have for her!
One stipulation (if Aslaug hasn't already been done), would it be possible for her to have a necklace or some kind of emblem not unlike what Freyja wears? Some kind of symbol that speaks of her being a Skati... Can be anything, as long as it's recognizable... That is, if she hasn't been done. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:34 pm
Mewsings of An Angel
Brosephiine
Mewsings of An Angel
Brosephiine

emotion_kirakira

Yes yes!
I love the ideas you have for her!
One stipulation (if Aslaug hasn't already been done), would it be possible for her to have a necklace or some kind of emblem not unlike what Freyja wears? Some kind of symbol that speaks of her being a Skati... Can be anything, as long as it's recognizable... That is, if she hasn't been done. <3

That's fine. ^__^ She hasn't been done yet, I actually just ordered Lagertha from Riri.
          Aslaug should be in the next two weeks or so if I can manage. c:

caffeinektn

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:00 pm
Future Valkyrie Here!
Username:: Khryssie
Name:: Verdandi
Tribe:: fire
What will they look like? Dark dark dark. Dark fur, possibly some sort of faint but natural stripes or patterning. Maybe? with stripes instead of spots. Like this too just as faint but prob a reddish tint to the stripes. Accessories definitely, prob some sort of draped pelt over her shoulders, not much by way of jewelry save for that which is indicative of her rank and a headdress that is sentimental.
Quest Thread? n/a haven't gotten that far I'm just writing this meow.
What is your background/personality? Verdandi knows nothing other than the Valkyries. She is through and through a warrior, having received training and briefly served a a shieldmaiden. She is proficient in battle and is very aggressive as a fighter. In her role a leader, she can be a bit headstrong and needs her Skati sisters to keep her in check and balance her out. Verdandi is passionate and wishes great things for her colony, success by way of wealth and prosperity being the main thing she seeks. She isn't one for ostentatious displays and is much more practical, personally; she wears extra furs when it is cold, the necessary adornments to indicate her rank, and is never far from her shield.

Verdandi is driven and dedicated and is difficult to dissuade, save for the few who she considers true friends. She will often push and push her limits- whether it is a matter of treaty, conflict, or personal. It is unlikely that she will ever reproduce, for she is far too consumed with herself and personal conquests to improve the colony.
Would you like a Joining RP with a member of The Skati? Sure! If that could be done. xD
Anything else?
I wrote this up pretty quick, but I was just so suddenly inspired. I am totally open to criticism of any kind! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:37 pm
I might change her name to Hjordis (sword goddess). IDK. Verdandi means "present; that which is happening; in the making", and is the name of a goddess of destiny.  

vilegloom

Vampire

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:46 pm
Khryssie

The only things that I would want to change is:

1) The beginning history. All Skati will awaken together, and that is what forms the initial bond that will drive them to make a home (to be RPed out at some point).
2) An item, like Freyja's necklace, to mark Verdandi (or whatever you name her in the end) as a Skati The stone and relative design can be tweaked though. You're also welcome to use the armor that Freyja uses as I have asked Ririka to make it accessible to members. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:51 pm
Mewsings of An Angel
Khryssie

The only things that I would want to change is:

1) The beginning history. All Skati will awaken together, and that is what forms the initial bond that will drive them to make a home (to be RPed out at some point).
2) An item, like Freyja's necklace, to mark Verdandi (or whatever you name her in the end) as a Skati The stone and relative design can be tweaked though. You're also welcome to use the armor that Freyja uses as I have asked Ririka to make it accessible to members. <3

So rather than receiving training as a warrior as a young adult, they all just awaken at the same time into their current roles? I'm totally down with that! As long as she can still be combat-inclined, regardless of having training or not. Or maybe she's allowed to pursue some combat training on the side idk.

The item to mark her as Skati is no problem at all! <3 I referenced it a couple times, since I saw you mentioned it to Bro- I wanted to make sure I acknowledged it in a positive way. I'm totally down for that.  

vilegloom

Vampire

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:59 pm
Khryssie

Yup!
All of the Skati will awaken with limited knowledge of the world around them. They will see each other, see that they are different, and accept the differences as being strengths. In the beginning, there will be no males, only females, and a mentality begins to dawn that drives them to slowly believe this is the work of some deity (the Great Mother). They will acknowledge this and slowly form the budding beliefs of the Valkyries, the feminist mentality and the belief that males are "vipers in the nest".

There's a lot to be done! And I'm excited to have more and more people involved!  
[ Plots & Quests ] The Square

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff