Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Help wanted or not...(Titus / Riyo) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:06 pm
"No." She mounted the bike, once again ready to put her helmet on as Titus had yet another super special inquiry.

Looking straight ahead, Riyo considered her words. "Yes Titus. I'm going to take you to the filthiest street corner and sell your body to the highest, most disgusting bidder. Then while you cry into your pillow with your chump change portion of the goods, I'm going to feast on your misery like the heartless animal I am, all the while spending your hard earned seeds on frivolous items."

A moment's pause. Her head turned slowly to glance back at him, her expression grim. "Are you ******** serious? Get on the bike before I leave your a** behind." She shoved on her helmet and flipped the key, arms folding across her chest as she impatiently waited.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:26 pm
Titus' expression quickly shifted from flat to mildly concerned. Maybe it was because Riyo seemed to have it all worked out in her head even if she was joking. She was joking right? Jack he hoped so. He just needed to remind himself she read books so likely that was where she was getting her information of the dealings of hookers and street corners.

What kind of books was she reading?

He shifted that thought to a back burner to thinking about later as Riyo mounted her bike and impatiently waited for him. With a sigh he relented. "Fine..." But he wasn't going to look happy about it. In fact, he looked down right grumpy as he climbed onto the back of the vehicle and held on waiting for the feline to take them where they needed to go.  

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:47 pm
That was exactly where she had gotten her information, and as for what kind of books... All kinds Titus. Riyo read all kinds, including a small section of the politically incorrect. In other words, she knew how to keep her pimp hand strong.

"About time." She mumbled into her helmet, unconcerned about how grumpy he may have looked, or how odd it might have been to have someone half a foot taller than her on the b***h seat of her bike. The ghoul revved the engine momentarily before taking off towards their destination like a bullet.

In a trip that might take half an hour going the recommended speed, the demoness made it there in 15, pulling in next to a quaint little building on the strip. It was a humble look, not quite eye catching but there was a subtle kind of charm. A chalkboard sign sat next to the door with some kind of specials listed on the front, and a name on the front window with cursive lettering.

Riyo parked behind the building among a small lot of other cars, removing her helmet before she glanced back at the boil. "We're here." The surrounding area was decorated with skyscrapers and a sort of old city atmosphere, the population a melting pot of business creatures and dirty looking young adults. "And look. No shady alleys or cheap motels. You're safe." She couldn't help but snicker now. Had that really been his first thought? Really?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:46 am
At least if anything the trip was fast. The bike had barely come to a stop before Titus was stepping off the back of it, long legs easily dismounting him with little issue. He looked around their current location taking in the older buildings and the people nearby.

"Great its all bathroom stalls and backrooms of shady little shops instead." He had been mostly joking. Mostly.

His gaze then shifted to the shop that was the closest to them checking out the chalkboard sign on the sidewalk before looking up at the neatly written shop name. "Wait....is this the place you work? Isn't this a maid cafe?" Which was about to bring up concerning question number three. Would he have to wear a maid costume.  

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:34 am
As Titus removed himself from the bike, Riyo kicked out the stand and turned off the engine.

"Only the best for my favorite hoe." The ghoul stood, reaching out to pinch his cheek before popping open the little trunk to grab her bags.

It was just as she started heading towards the back door that Titus asked the question. Riyo pondered the options, and if he would try to run if she said yes. Well, they were far away enough that he couldn't just walk back to school, and she had a feeling the boil didn't have cab fare. "Yes." The feline said simply and nodded, keeping a neutral expression. "As I said before though, there's a check every week with your name on it. A decent sized check." Nothing to brag about but with tips they made better money than a simple grocery store job for certain. Marching up to the back, she flung the door open and looked at the boil. "C'mon."

The demoness had been about to step in when suddenly, a man popped out. A man wearing the ugliest green and red suit one had ever seen... He was of modest size, obviously shorter than either of them, and probably quite a bit older from the looks of that gray hair. "Riyo my ghoul! Did you bring the stuff?" His eyes were full of childish wonder as he spoke, looking from her, then cautiously to Titus.

"Oh. Is this handsome gentleman a friend or a whimsical stranger here to rob us blind?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:39 am
Riyo had just managed to pinch his cheek before the boil was gently swatting her hand away with a grumbled protest.

"I don't know if you've noticed but I'm a little lacking in the assets needed to fill out that little costume you wear." Because as far as Titus knew only ghouls worked here.

Riyo was urging him on, however, and he was a fair distance from school to be walking. He could always fly but it was just as easy to walk in and at least look at the cafe. The demon had never been in one before.

With a sigh Titus made his way to the door to look inside, halting in his tracks when the older man appeared. He was a little skeptical now looking at the man's outfit, unsure if he should follow up the question with an answer or turn tail and run.

"Uhh.."  

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:40 pm
He... Thought he'd have to wear a maid's dress?

Oh that was too precious.

"I did... Mostly." Riyo shook the bags for emphasis, ready to explain her situation when attention was directed to her tagalong.

"He's your new applicant. This is Titus." Whom she glanced at after his lack of speech. Surely he wasn't going to dart. Surely.

"Titus! A fine name! So good to meet you. Please come in you two." The gentleman stepped to the side and ushered them in, never once losing his smile.

Riyo kept her eyes on the nightmare demon, her head twitching in the direction of the entrance in an attempt to encourage him to follow. The ghoul didn't have all day to hold his hand. She had to get ready for the lunch rush and help decorate before the doors opened.

The inside of the cafe made it look surprisingly big and elegant. Even the staff rooms were somewhat luxurious for what they were. Chandeliers hung over the main dining area with elegant looking furniture and accessories. It was like a mini-mansion... Which was probably what they were going for.

Five other ghouls were busy setting up the area, adorning it with Christmastival decorations and little snowflake doilies on each table. There was also a smell wafting from the kitchen, undoubtedly something sweet.

"Please, make yourself comfortable. I don't believe in scare tactic interviews." The eccentric man trotted over to one of the already decorated tables and pulled up a chair, gesturing to the seat across from him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:11 am
Riyo seemed ready to just thrust him into the process before the boil had even made heads or tails of the man in front on him. His eyes were still taking in the festive outfit with dismay before the man was trying to coax him further inside.

Gaze shifting to Riyo he looked far from sure about this job but followed regardless. It was probably going to be another no so what was the worry right? At least he could get a feel for the interview process which he could hopefully apply later if anyone bothered to contact him about a job.

Once Titus was further inside his eyes were taking in the expansive decor that would have been rather nice if not for the debris of Christmastival that had been strewn all over it. The air was thick with the smell of sugar and pastries and the rest of the staff seemed to be fast at work to get things ready before they opened.

"You uh...seemed to have outdone yourself on decorations." It wasn't quite an insult, at least not with the baffled tone that Titus projected. Likely it sounded more amazed than anything.

When told to make himself comfortable Titus moved toward the table to have a seat on the other side, staring at the man as he contemplated what to say. Was this where he was supposed to highlight all his talents and why he was right for the job? What job was he even applying for? Riyo had never really explained.  

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:18 pm
Riyo was content to wave to Titus and disappear into another room. He would have to try his hardest to NOT leave with a job today, because surely Cecil would find something the boil could do. He sort of had a knack for that.

"Oh, you're too kind." The gentleman waved Titus off as if he was being flattering. He would take astonishment as a compliment. There was little he didn't take as a compliment. "And where are my manners? My name is Cecil, but feel free to call me Mr. C or whatever other silly nickname you fancy. Everyone else does." Just expect the informality river to flow both ways.

"So." Cecil leaned in, looking Titus dead in the eyes as his hands steepled together on the table in front of him. "What size dress do you wear, my boil?"

A great way to start an interview.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:41 pm
"Cecil," Titus tried to log it away so that he might actually use it. He was pretty sure he wouldn't get far in life if he decided to use one of the nicknames he was bound to come up with. Spook Loops came to mind.

When it seemed the man was ready to get down to business, Titus waited trying to prepare himself for the sort of questions he might get. The tone had gotten serious so he was expecting questions like 'what kind of jobs have you had' or 'what sort of experience have you gotten so far' hell even 'what makes you qualified to work here' would have been better than the question he actually got.

"D-dress?" His eyes got a little wide before they tentatively searched for Riyo. Where the hell had that ghoul gone? He should have known something was up when she didn't reply to his statement, not even in a joking manner. Jack dammit.

Turning his attention back to the man across the table from him Titus contemplated what to say. Maybe it would just be best to play along? "Not sure but I have to say its probably going to look like it has a short skirt regardless."  

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:06 pm
Cecil watched the boil with interest as he waited for a response to his question, a moment of silence passing after Titus answered before he started to laugh. "Ah, yes, I suppose it would be. You're good. I've had male applicants walk out after that one."

The festively clad gentleman leaned back in his chair with a small case of the giggles. "I suppose I should ask you something about goals and qualifications, but all that's so boring." Spoken like a true scareling. "And I'm not going to ask you why you want to work here because-" He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "-C'mon. It's a maid cafe. Who wouldn't want a job where you're surrounded by adorable little maids?" Cecil gestured around, catching more than a couple of annoyed glances and eye rolls from the other employees.

"I suppose the most important question is... What do you want to do? We always have room for more servers, or perhaps a chef job? I'm sure there's something for you."

By that point, Riyo had ventured back out in her 'uniform' with bags in tow, enlisting the help from some of the boils that had been in the kitchen... Wearing suits, not dresses. Rest easy Titus.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:10 pm
Titus' brows inched up his forehead as the man began to laugh waiting for the punchline he didn't quite understand. Had that just been a test? On top of that this man had decided to take anything Titus vaguely understood about an interview and threw it out the window. So much for thinking he knew what to expect. This was a wild card as far as job applications went.

"Uuh, yeah. Maids." Titus looked around and it seemed the ghouls were just as enthused about Cecil's comment as he was. But when the question came around to what he wanted to do, well that was really the challenging part.

"I don't really know. To be honest I don't eat so I know little about food or what people might like." Which was probably not the greatest thing to admit being in a cafe where food was likely the thing but he figured he would throw it out there. He had no idea what kind of jobs this place could offer anyway. Riyo had failed to go over that in her important highlights of weekly and paycheck.

"I can make coffee." that was surely a thing right? He had made coffee for his Uncle plenty of times and had drank it himself on a rare occasion. It wasn't a terrible drink but he still preferred to avoid it.  

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:23 pm
Cecil raised a single brow at the boil's comment. Didn't eat? Huh. "I suppose that would rule you out of most kitchen jobs." The older man rubbed his chin in thought.

"Coffee?" It was... A small thing. But! A thing nonetheless. "Alright! Onto part two of the interview. Make me coffee." Unfortunately for Titus, the average run of the mill equipment one saw in houses and those used for commercial purposes were... A wee bit different.

"To the kitchen!" Cecil dramatically stood from his seat and pointed towards the hall that led to the kitchen. "I feel this is a better measure of merit anyways. Why ask when someone can just show you, right?" For a simple man, he had his points.

Meanwhile, Riyo had taken it upon herself to direct the kitchen staff on stringing lights around the windows and in the corners of the room... Because with as short as their skirts were, the ghouls would not be caught anywhere near stools or ladders.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:53 pm
"...what?" Titus didn't realize this was going to be a hands on interview. Well if he was to really think about it this interview was just well beyond what he expected in general.

When the man stood and made his declaration that they were moving to the kitchen Titus tentatively rose from his seat to follow, though there was a subtle hope when he saw other boils there. Other boils who were not wearing the same attire as the ghouls.

Titus could see Riyo working just off to the side and gave her a confused look before he disappeared into the kitchen with Cecil. From there he turned his attention to the equipment that he had at hand and was a little overwhelmed by everything in the back. Sure his Uncle's kitchen was a little confusing with its nick knacks and food making devises but this was over the top.

"This is certainly more involved than what I have seen." Though at least conventional coffee making was not what Titus was accustomed to. "I'm assuming you have a coffee grinder and a v60 dripper?" They were simple tools but ones he was used to since his Uncle was rather picky about his fancy pants coffee and tea.  

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:20 pm
Riyo had managed to catch the glance Titus shot her as he disappeared into the kitchen, smiling and waving as if she had somehow expected things to go the way they were.

Cecil didn't even blink at the boil's hesitation, pausing at the coffee machines and waiting. His head tilted slightly at the boil's assumption that Cecil even knew what he was talking about. At the very least he was impressed by the Titus's knowledge on the subject. "Uh. Yes. We have the thing that spits out coffee, the thing that makes espresso, and the thing that grinds it up." How the man managed to run anything was anyone's guess. "Have at it. Make me something special."

A few of the kitchen employees had returned, regarding Titus with a mild interest as they went about the last minute preparations. For people working a job they seemed pretty content. The fact that their boss was a delightful oaf probably helped that significantly.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff