Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
BrookM tries to paint stuff occasionally Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:48 am
Decided to treat myself to a Veletaris Storm Section, the Horus Heresy equivalent of Tempestus Scions. They'll make for great count-as Sternguard in my Imperial Navy army or as Veletaris Storm dudes in a Horus Heresy army led by a Rogue Trader using the Solar Auxiliary list.

I'm surprised by how beefy and bulky these guys are, especially when put alongside a mildly converted armsman, based on a plastic Scout.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The black model is my future Rogue Trader warlord based on the plastic commissar, I just need to swap her pistol for something more arcane and decide on her duds. The Navigator is a model I want just for the fluff, he's pretty much useless ingame, but I love they've finally made one, so yeah.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:00 pm
And once in a blue moon I'm so sick and miserable that I grab a brush and paint something, in this case a test model for my Veletaris:

I may or may not paint one of the shoulder guards blue to tie him in with the rest of my armies and the eventual final destination of this model: the Imperial Fleet.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:47 am
Bobs went "oh noes", get help. emo  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:01 am
Finally had some time to clean up von Stroheim and stick her together. She'll make an excellent addition to the base of my count-as Castigator, I just need to find a more suitable replacement for the original grotesque vulkan cannon. Bit miffed that the pile of skulls is moulded to her foot and coat, but can't be helped I suppose. All I need now is for Elektra Eisenstein to show up soon and I'll have a pilot model for every Knight in my army.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:01 am
Did some work on my Rogue Trader, experimenting with a good uniform colour scheme, which given my limited creativity, it turned into an Imperial Navy uniform, ******** I suck at inventing new things:

So, she's wearing what will eventually become the standard uniform of one of the Imperial Navy segmentum fleets. Obscuros I think it was, not too sure.

Also looking at what would make for a fun colour scheme for my Navigator, I want to avoid the usual blues that my armies use, so maybe red, not sure just yet.

I've also decided that if my Rogue Trader is going to be a proper pre-Heresy lady with a personal guard of Veletaris and pet Navigator, she's also going to need a ride:

Eyup, I done gone and bought one of those. It's a gorgeous model to say the least and I'm going to mostly run it as is, with the addition of armoured ceramite (because melta spam is a thing around here) and a pintle-mounted multi-laser.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:35 pm
Early WIP of my Dracosan, still trying to figure out what might be best for it and yeah, I'm aware of the missed sports that still show primer, derp.

Mechanicus standard grey followed by a drybrush of Terminatus stone to make the edges and raised details pop. Metals will probably be done in Leadbelcher followed by a Nuln oil wash and a quick drybrush of Leadbelcher / Runefang steel, depending on the part in question.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:06 am
Every once in a while I discover the pile of shame and grab a brush.

The prototype trooper, but with black boots and gloves:

Trooper #2:

A Nuncio vox operator:

And a Prime with power fist and blast pistol:

My 30K warlord, rogue trader militant Beauchamp (yeah, with a red highlight in her hair, blame Kill La Kill), her trousers need a few more thinned layers of white, the red needs touching up after the wash and other blobs that need tidying:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:01 am
BrookM
blame Kill La Kill)
Googled it, was not disappointed.

User Image  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:17 pm
I didn't even watch it for the plot as it progressed, it got too batshit insane to make any sense. Instead I watched it for the glorious over the top stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:28 pm
BrookM
I didn't even watch it for the plot
Not often someone is honest about watching that stuff. emotion_awesome  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:42 pm
Back on topic, my Auxilia flamer section arrived, my last purchase for quite some time to come thanks to my bike crapping out on me after almost a decade of loyal service.

On the bright side, this was the last thing I needed for my upcoming 500 pt Zone Mortalis game at the end of this month, using the following list I'm painting up right now:

Lord Marshal - Artificer armour, master-crafted plasma pistol, power sword, digital lasers and Iron Halo

Navigator - Cyber familiar

Auxilia medic

Veletaris Storm section - Blast pistol and power fist

Auxilia Flamer section - Power axe  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:34 pm
Made my last big purchase for quite some time to come, the last model I needed for my combat patrol:

Nice and simple build, the legs have been positioned as such that it has some more heigh over the other one in the patrol. Missile launcher has been magnetized so I can swap it with either an autocannon or heavy flamer. The tiny raptor is from the Bombshell Babes range of sidekicks, the pilot is a kitbash from Victoria Miniatures with a Statuesque head. Other extra stowage from various sources of my seemingly unending bitz box.

So, with that finally present and accounted for, here's what the list will look like at 400 pts using the combat patrol list (0-1 HQ, 1-2 troops, 0-1 elites, 0-2 fast attack, 0-1 heavy support, with heave restrictions on what you can or can't take along, like 2+ armour saves, heavy vehicles, flyers, etc.)

Veterans - Forward Sentries, Harker

Ogryn (3)

Scout Sentinel - Missile launcher

Scout Sentinel - Missile launcher

Wyvern  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:47 am
Slowly getting there..

Also made a grab into the pile of shame and pulled out this one, she'll become a future Enginseer for my 30k Auxilia:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:07 am
I thought you were broke for a long, long time to come?  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:16 am
Well, Sam needed an extra, sooooo..  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]