Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Downtown Soleil
Neon Lights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

riskinginsanity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:49 am
User Image

User Image

The response from across the counter was not what Clara expected, and she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Instead of answering right away, she paused, thoughtful. Yeah, she was acting. That was part of the job description. Besides, everyone was acting, a lot of the time, and it was a requirement for most places of employment. Please the customer. Be friendly. Smile, even when it hurts. And even when not at work, humans acted. They perked up, smiled for attention. They dressed a certain way to attract certain attention. Yeah, she was tired and the pounding music gave her a bit of a headache. So what? That didn't mean she had the right to treat this customer or anyone else less than well. Had they met somewhere else, she probably would have responded similarly. Here, there was just extra incentive to do so.

"I may be acting, Shiro," Clara began, a soft smile on her face, "but that doesn't mean I'm not being myself." While she acknowledged that she wasn't being completely honest in her demeanor, she wanted him to know that it wasn't all fake. Besides, she was good at the "perfect bartender act," for the most part because she was this kind of person - who laughed a lot and smiled a lot and joked around with people. People liked her. People tipped well. People who hadn't had a run-in with Valentine, anyway. It wasn't difficult for her to step into the role required here. The biggest difference was that she had to separate her work contacts from her life ones, because it was dangerous without that barrier. You can't take sides, you can't judge people. You just listen and agree, no matter what you think. That's something he would have to learn if he intended to work here. "And if you really do intend to work here, then it's time for your first lesson!" Clara said, perking back up to her usual persona. "This bar," she began as she gestured to the counter between them, "is not only a physical barrier between you and the patrons, but an emotional one as well. While you're on this side, you have to distance yourself from them, and not get involved. You agree with what they say, you validate their feelings, make them feel important, but you never form attachment." The woman paused, checking up and down the bar to make sure there was nobody in need of assistance. For now, she was okay, as Jake had taken care of the couple of new orders in the time she had been speaking with Shiro. Secure, she started up again, "Say, for example, there's a man who comes in with his girlfriend most nights. You think they are both really nice, really great, you get along well with them. Right? But occasionally, you see his girlfriend here with another man, and you know they're here as more than friends. Remember, you've spent a lot of time chatting with this guy, and from what you know, he's a really nice guy. What do you do?" Clara waited for him to respond, still wiping down the bar despite it's already gleaming appearance.

|| Profile: ||
                                                                || Outfit: ||
                                                                || Cash: $200 ||
                                                                || OOC: ||

Lord Yozo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 pm
User Image
User Image

Mood: Normal, Curious
Company: Clara
Inventory: Wallet, ID, Keys, Phone
Checking Out: No one
Crush: No one

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════☯╗
Shiro sat in silence as he listened to her give her explanation. Is it really that simple? Being yourself? He wanted to ask in frustration. If there was one thing that got under his skin was human emotion, ever since he'd left that operation table he had almost no understanding of it. His emotions were dull, he only felt happy when he found new things. Sadness, Tiredness, Anger, these emotions never truly bestowed their grace upon him. Instead he learned how to adapt by watching others, reading their physical and mental processes and making a copy of his own. His hand clenched around his cup slightly but he kept a blank expression on his face. If I could feel the sadness I would... He thought to himself before sighing. Shiro lightly brought his index finger and thumb to the bridge of his nose, when it came down to human emotions he felt like a robot.

The male brought his hand back down and looked up at Clara as she swiftly changed the subject. His first lesson was about human interaction apparently. Shiro quickly pulled out a small notebook that he carried around and opened it up, the notebook was covered in writings and doodles filled with what he called "Important Information". It consisted of things like Fashion, Trends, Slang and of course Human emotion. Keep yourself distanced from the customer.... He mumbled to himself as his hand followed suit in writing it down. Clara suddenly gave him a word problem that he had to come up with a solution for. Shiro closed his small notebook and protectively put it in his back pocket, it might as well be his life savings. Hmm...I think that's a trick question... He started, trying to get his reasoning together before continuing his argument. If a human being was trying to be scandalous and get away with said act, wouldn't they put some precaution into everything they do? Even if they were drunk you'd think that the said person would have previous experience and keeping things like this hidden would be almost instinctual...So the bartender here would see the culprit and male A while a bar down the street would see the culprit and male B. Thus keeping us from knowing anything just in case we were on a personal level with either Male A or B. He said, his logical mindset taking over at this point as he depicted the problem down to the core.

Shiro stopped at the end of his sentence and realized how serious he was being. He figured that wasn't the best way to make a first impression. The male quickly became bubbly again and rubbed the nape of his neck. He gave the woman a slightly chuckle before blushing slightly. Sorry...I guess I got carried away with that...I-Its just I'm not the best at doing underhanded things so I like to find alternatives.... He said, giving the girl an embarrassed smile. He remembered all of the underhanded things he was tricked into doing when he was first learning about the world and remembered how much he hated it. I've had a bit of a bad history with underhanded things so...I guess I try to make people happy instead of making a pay check at the end of the day. He admitted. He didn't like people knowing about his little bit of past that he had but he figured he had to reveal a bit about himself so the woman could trust that he would do a good job if he worked here.

╚☯═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Normal Theme: Fun Time
Serious Theme: On the Precipice of Defeat
Battle Theme: Fighting to the End
Sad Theme Shizuka na Ikari

OOC:

riskinginsanity

Lord Yozo

Dapper Fatcat

riskinginsanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:56 am
User Image

User Image

As Shiro spoke, Clara listened attentively. Her eyes brushed over his fingers clutched onto his cup, and she briefly wondered what had caused the reaction, but didn't bother to find out. It was none of her business. She also found it interesting that he referred to people as "human beings," wheres for most people that would have been an assumed state. It wasn't the first time he had said something similar - not quite strange, but not quite normal either. Something to ponder, but not really a pressing issue. More important was the lesson they were having. While he did make a good point, and she was sure that the situation he described happened as well, not everyone thought that far ahead. Besides, what was a bartender? Just a fly on the wall, to many people. Oftentimes, people didn't think about them when considering their actions.

"Unfortunately, Shiro," Clara began when he was finished talking, "not everyone is that smart. It's not a trick question; in fact, it's happened to me more than once. Not here, but I haven't been here as long. Honestly, Shiro, a lot of people don't even really consider the staff when they think about things. It's not that they're always trying to be rude, it simply doesn't cross their mind. So no matter who comes in, or what you think of them, you're nice and you chat and you don't let them know if you're judging them." She paused for a moment, sighing, and glanced around the room. Satisfied that everything was fine, she addressed the second half of his answer. "Don't worry, you didn't get carried away. You thought it through, that was good. And it's good that you don't do things under the table - that kind of stuff will get you fired. And making people happy is the best part of the job! Of any job, really. I want that, too. But at the end of the day, if you don't get the paycheck, you die. So you find the balance, and you let some things go. Ok? Besides," she added, almost as an afterthought, "why should we get to choose what makes them happy? It's their choices. Who's to say that telling Male A about Male B would make him happy? And it the girl certainly wouldn't be pleased. There are always going to be some moral gray areas. If you're their friend, you can follow your heart, do what you think is best. But here, well... sometimes you just have to stick to the script." Her face looked sad as she finished. But throughout the years, she'd learned how important it was to stay distant while at work. Not only could you get into some pretty tight situations, but it hurt emotionally to let yourself get involved in everybody's problems. When you empathized with everyone, feeling their pain as if that might somehow help them, you took on too much pain for a person to handle. And at a bar, the number of people who came in with pain was astounding.

|| OOC: ||

Lord Yozo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:36 pm
User Image
User Image

Mood: Normal, Curious
Company: Clara
Inventory: Wallet, ID, Keys, Phone
Checking Out: No one
Crush: No one

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════☯╗
Shiro failed to notice Clara's perceptiveness when he spoke. The way she chopped up his argument into bits and broke it down even further into logic he raised an eyebrow impressed. Shiro pulled out his notepad yet again and started scribbling down more notes. People aren't always black and white...Can be a said "Gray" Area where morals are questioned... He wrote down diligently. Clara...There's always an option when there is no pay check. If you tell yourself "thats it" then you're limiting yourself. He stated while jotting down his notes. He didn't want her to limit herself just because she was worried about making ends meet. It was a logical worry but no person should stress to much over anything, Over stressing can lead to an early death. After finishing his notes, Shiro closed the notebook confidently and put it back into his back pocket. I'll make sure to keep that in mind Clara...Thanks... He said, giving the woman a soft smile. To be honest he was a bit surprised how she went from so "work formal" to so nice to him. She said he didn't get carried away and seemed to say he was right. Was this actual emotion or just part of the job? He didn't want to get into a conflict over it though so decided to just take another sip of his drink. So Clara, Lets get off the topic of work....What do you like to do for fun when you're not busy? He asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.
╚☯═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Normal Theme: Fun Time
Serious Theme: On the Precipice of Defeat
Battle Theme: Fighting to the End
Sad Theme Shizuka na Ikari

OOC:

riskinginsanity

Lord Yozo

Dapper Fatcat

riskinginsanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:00 am
User Image

User Image

An eyebrow on Clara's face raised slightly as the boy across the bar from her pulled out a notepad and began to write in it, appearing to be taking notes. The first time he'd done it, she'd assume it was nothing, but now she was pretty sure that was what he was doing. Taking notes. Well, A for effort, I suppose, she thought. At least if he did end up working with her, she could probably count on him doing his best.

Clara let out a soft, silent breath of air at the Shiro's statement. Sure, there's an option. There's the option of getting the company caught up in all of the drama of people's lives. There's the option of getting fired and having nothing to eat, losing your home, and not really having any options anymore. There's the option of having to use up all of your savings, of never being able to fulfill your dreams. The option of never going to school, never being a nurse, and never being able to do so much more good in the world than she was doing now. And that option wasn't really an option to her at all. Yeah, of course she would never give up her own integrity for a job. She would never do anything illegal, or purposefully hurt someone, or sell her body, or anything in that morally dark area. But that was different than what she was talking about. Still, there was no point trying to convince Shiro of that. He was young, and would learn eventually what was right for him. Instead of answering, she merely gave a sad smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"Oh! Um," Clara began to answer Shiro's question, surprised by the sudden change of subject. "Well, I-" Suddenly a loud crashing sound came from the direction of the back room, and Clara cut off her sentence, whipping around in that direction and pausing, wide-eyed, for just a moment before taking off. "I got it!" she called to Jake, who had moved to check it out, but was also currently fixing someone a drink. In the back, Clara could see that a machine had fallen over and was broken. It would need prompt attention. Returning to the bar, she informed Jake of the situation, and then stopped by Shiro shortly to explain as well, feeling as though a reason for the abrupt end of their conversation was required. "Something's broken, I'll need to take it to be fixed. Talk to you later, Shiro!" She left again, moving the pieces out into the trunk of her car. It was a slow day, it probably wouldn't hurt that they would only have one bartender there for a little while. And if it got to be a problem, Jake could always call the new guy. Or Shiro could get that job sooner than he'd anticipated, Clara thought with a wry smile. Wouldn't that be an interesting turn of events. Once the machine was loaded, she got in and drove off to find a mechanic who would fix it on short notice.

[exit]

|| OOC: Hey, sorry about this. I just really need to take a break from roleplaying for a few days,
                                                                and I didn't want to leave you hanging more than I already have. ||

Lord Yozo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:37 pm
User Image

Rina Drayga

Rina hummed to herself as she pulled her silver Jaguar C-X75 into the parking lot of Neon Lights. She quickly nabbed her keys from the ignition and stepped out making sure to grab her phone and her wallet before closing the door and locking it. She felt a little excited standing in the parking lot next to the car her father had gotten her for her 21st birthday normally she would have preferred a mustang or a ninja but this was a gift from her father and it meant the world to her. She continued humming as she walked to the door and entered. She immediately went to the bar and ordered a Daiquiri looking around curiously at all the unfamiliar faces that currently resided there.

gaia_diamond Age: 21
gaia_diamond Status: Single
gaia_diamond Orientation: Straight
gaia_diamond Ability: Ice Elemental
gaia_diamond Occupation: Sales Associate at Straight Sk8

Khaos9653

Lupine Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

riskinginsanity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:50 pm
User Image

User Image

[enter]

Having left the machine to get repaired, Clara made her way back to work, pulling into the Neon Lights parking lot. It wasn't until the third shop that she'd found someone who could have it fixed in a reasonable amount of time, though it still wouldn't be repaired until the following day. The frazzled woman parked her car and got out, quickly locking it and heading inside, heels clicking against the concrete. Keys were thrown in the purse, and in turn, the purse was thrown in a locker. Clara headed back to the bar, forgetting to check her hair, which resulted in several flyaways sticking out at odd angles. As she walked, she did manage to notice the streak of grease on her top, and cursed softly. Ah, well, at least I'm wearing black, she reasoned, deciding to stay optimistic. There was a good chance nobody would notice black grease on a black shirt.

As soon as she was within earshot, Clara began to check in with Jake as she fluttered around cleaning things, updating him on the situation. "It took forever to find someone to fix it, but they said they could have it done by tomorrow, as long as -" she began, but paused, looking over at him. "Who am I kidding - you're leaving, you don't care at all, do you?" she asked with a wry smile. "Not in the slightest," Jake answered, grinning. Clara laughed. "Whatever, jerk. Get outta here." She punched him playfully as she passed to go check up on customers. One girl in particular was sitting alone and without a drink, so she walked over to the dark-haired kid and asked, "Hi there! What can I get for you tonight?" before being followed by Jake, who informed her that the girl had already ordered. "And I would have been able to get it for her if I hadn't been the only one here for two hours," he jabbed jokingly. Clara only bothered to raise an eyebrow at him in response, before turning back to the customer. "I'll have that daiquiri right out for you. Sorry for the wait." She turned around to fix the drink.

Shortly, Clara returned, daiquiri in hand. "Here you go, doll!" she said with a smile, passing the drink along the counter and pulling on the liquid with her power to stop it in front of the girl. With that order complete, she glanced up and down the bar to see what else needed to be done. Despite Jake's teasing words, however, it seemed that everything was relatively under control. Oh, good, she thought with a faint smile, leaning one arm against the bar and taking a moment to breathe. This certainly has been a hectic day. Clara reached up with her other hand to run it through her hair, only to discover the flyaways that had been there for who knows how long. Quickly she straightened and ran her hands through several times to ensure that everything was in some semblance of order, before relaxing sideways against the bar once again.

|| OOC: I'm sorry, that was really jacked up of Yozo.
                                                                He just totally slighted you, and I'm royally pissed off right now.
                                                                So I'm back early from my break to come and rp with you!
                                                                Hi there, hun ^^ ||

Faola Nightcore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:00 pm
riskinginsanity

User Image

Rina Drayga

Thoughts:
Emotions:

Rina looked up however a small blankness had come across her eyes in the time she had been there. Her multiple personality disorder had somehow overwhelmed her and currently Faola, as Rina had come to call the other personality, sat staring at the drink in curiosity. "Ive actually changed my mind. A scotch on the rocks will be perfect for me." She stated giving the bartender a flirtatious wink. Inwardly Rina groaned knowing that with Faola in command she would be in trouble for sure by the end of the night.

gaia_spoons OOC:Hiya Hun ^_^ haha no harm no foul its all good, besides I have a pack I gotta look after so I totally understand haha plus i think he left before i posted so lol oh and im throwing in a bit of a twist with her Multi-Personality disorder kicking in if thats alright with ya smile

Khaos9653

Lupine Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

riskinginsanity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:13 pm
User Image

User Image

Clara jolted back to attention when the girl spoke, ordering a different drink. Instead of responding right away, she hesitated for just a second. There seemed to be something... off... about this customer's eyes. Was she blind maybe? Had that been there before? It didn't matter. Instead of worrying about it, Clara merely smiled at the girl. "Another drink, coming right up!" To be honest, she wasn't sure what the wink was for. But she'd also never been one to understand innuendos of any kind. Maybe there had been one there and she'd missed it? Or maybe it was just an innocent wink. She really wasn't sure. And it really didn't matter. The woman would get her second drink!

As she poured the liquid into the cold glass, Clara wondered slightly at the change of pace. It wasn't like a daiquiri and a scotch were even similar drinks. But she wasn't one to judge - the girl could have whatever she wanted, as long as she was paying. And whether she drank them both or not, she would be paying for each drink she ordered. With the drink mixed, she returned, placing it in front of the customer. "Enjoy!" she added as she did so, smiling. "Anything else I can get you?"

|| OOC: Haha alright! (Although I have no idea what you mean about looking after a pack...
                                                                You have to pack a suitcase? Or.. or... uhhhh ^^; ) ||

Faola Nightcore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:25 pm
riskinginsanity

User Image

Rina Drayga

Thoughts: Damn This Multi-Personality Disorder!!!
Emotions biggrin epressed, Neutral, Uninterested, Dangerous

"Im alright thanks." Rina said politlely before calmly reaching out took the drink swiching the contents before taking a deep drink of the scotch. Her cyan pupils darkened slightly in color to a deep teal as the alcohol took her in a rush. 'Damn Light Weight' she thought as she put the half empty cup down. "Actually I have a question." she announced as she stared off into space. "Have you ever wondered... what it would be like to die alone?" she asked curiosly.
'Oh man Faola is going to make people think Im completely insane!!'

gaia_spoons OOC: OH lol Im so sorry ROFLMAO Im such a dunce sometimes that I forget not many people have been a gaian as long as I have xD. Back in the start up days whenever a person had a Wolf Guild we just called it a Pack. Similar to like a pack of wolves in RL haha I have a Wolf Guild I have to look after I should say

Khaos9653

Lupine Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

riskinginsanity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:45 pm
User Image

User Image

It appeared that nothing else would be required by this customer now, so Clara nodded to her and then began to walk away, preparing to make smalltalk with someone who seemed a little more chatty. As she was leaving, however, the girl spoke up again. Clara turned, heading back to hear what she had to say. And what she had to say certainly wasn't what Clara had been expecting. It wasn't all that out of the ordinary, either. The whole "drunken breakup" thing wasn't at all uncommon in this line of work, although truth be told, it usually happened at less club-like establishments. The typical patron here tended to run a bit more lively. Still, Clara was used to this, and would take it in stride.

"Don't worry, hun, the right One is out there for you. Just you wait and see!" she said cheerily, trying to encourage the girl. She wasn't going to pry, so she couldn't know if it was a breakup situation or if the girl simply hadn't been in a relationship in a while, but either way the statement should work.

|| OOC: Sweetie, I've been a gaian since '06.
                                                                That's nice though ^^ ||

Faola Nightcore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:46 am
x
x
x
x
ωєםиєsםαч, σcтσвєя ⑪тн

םαч ③ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч
( ③ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Khaos9653

Lupine Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:44 am
riskinginsanity

User Image

Rina Drayga

Thoughts:I do believe we are drunk so you are welcome to take over again
Emotions:relaxed, drunk

After a few seconds her eyes changed back to cyan and the teal coloring was gone as Rina retook the forefront of her mind and Faola receded to the back of her mind. "I am so sorry about that. I have no clue what came over me." Rina stated the lie calmly as she breathed to try to eliminate the haze that was beginning to take over as she sipped her Daikuri. "Anyhow I am sure your absolutely right." She stated cheerily as she smiled with in her natural happy nature.

gaia_spoons OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:34 pm
●○°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°○●

User Image
Seth "Isaac" Ryujīn

Money: $465

Mood: Calm

Species: Dark Elemental Dragon

Clothing: X

╔═══════════════════════════╗

He pushed open the door, nodding at his co-workers upon entering the night club. Who knew there's still so much people even before nightfall. He made his way behind the bar counter and sighed as he noticed a couple of people wasted by the tables at the corner of the room. He took a quick glance at the lady on the counter, soon looking away minding his own business. "You alright?" asked the male, as he started to clean the glass cups and serving alcohol for the rest of the customers.

╚═══════════════════════════╝

OOC:
Faola Nightcore

name

name

name

name

●○°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°○●

PUMMMY

Trash

Khaos9653

Lupine Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Lyeisander

User Image

Rina Drayga

Thoughts: So glad to be done from work

Emotions:relaxed

Rina had reentered the bar merely minutes before the male who spoke now and currently she was just sitting watching her surroundings in a silent curiosity. She looked around when he spoke and smiled. "Of course Sorry I seem to be staring off." she chuckled. "Can I get a Screwdriver please?"she added her cyan eyes sparkling gently in the flashing lights.

gaia_spoons OOC:

● Downtown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers