View Results

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:59 pm
Well, all things considered, I guess I only have one question. Will they ever give us all a breather between gold sink events? I mean seriously, we can't all just keep emptying our pockets of what's left of our gold into one sink, and then, say a few weeks later, another one comes along asking for boat loads more gold that possibly no one even has at the time to donate! Not to mention it hinders our item quests for whatever is on our wish list, which is really annoying! I won't be donating to this current one at all since I don't see the dang point. Pardon my rant. -_-*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:48 pm
Princess Zelda21
Well, all things considered, I guess I only have one question. Will they ever give us all a breather between gold sink events? I mean seriously, we can't all just keep emptying our pockets of what's left of our gold into one sink, and then, say a few weeks later, another one comes along asking for boat loads more gold that possibly no one even has at the time to donate! Not to mention it hinders our item quests for whatever is on our wish list, which is really annoying! I won't be donating to this current one at all since I don't see the dang point. Pardon my rant. -_-*

Hey it's cool, I know other causes that currently need the moolah far more than the Gold Sinks do at the moment.
MistyMary24 and Philo_Clio anyone?

So how have you been?  

Javier Cross

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:05 pm
Javier Cross
Princess Zelda21

Hey it's cool, I know other causes that currently need the moolah far more than the Gold Sinks do at the moment.

So how have you been?

I'm doing alright, hopefully there will be a decent Halloween event this year like last time. I wonder what they'll do for this year's theme? It had better not involve another pointless fight with Jack and that robo rabbit again.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:19 pm
Princess Zelda21
Javier Cross
Princess Zelda21

So how have you been?

I'm doing alright, hopefully there will be a decent Halloween event this year like last time. I wonder what they'll do for this year's theme? It had better not involve another pointless fight with Jack and that robo rabbit again.

I'd be far more worried if they end up applying Permanent God Mode for all the wrong reasons, or they went to be Cheap-Skates on the Healing Potions again.
Seriously like I said before, there's a few people that need that kind of cash a lot more than that.  

Javier Cross

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:32 am
Herdez

One of You

Thanks for the input heart

Sorry that the "guild council" thing is perceived that way, it was originally my idea and the intention was to create a sense of democracy rather than monarchy here in the guild. A sense that not just one person is calling all of the shots, but rather that all of us are a part of it.... and to blame sweatdrop

Forum duties really have slacked, it's true. Not to make up excuses or anything but that is why we are looking for more crew members currently. I've been preoccupied with sinking gold so much that I let those things slide when I am online actively. For now I'll try to focus more on that as well emo

We've attempted to do some forum clean ups, but it truly is a daunting task since the guild is so big and so full of great topics that its hard to decide which should stay and which should go. A total revamp of subforums may be in order sweatdrop

I really appreciate your feedback on this guys heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:15 am
Thanks for your feedback guys. Pwnder and I are currently discussing what we're going to do as far as the guild council thing.

While I understand your concerns, please remember that it takes participation to do anything effective. The Arenas died out because no one entered and the same goes for most things we've attempted.

We do try to make you guys aware of what's going on outside of Gaia through our ATG topic posts and occasional announcements but we don't wish to spam you the way Gaia does.

Would you guys rather we make an announcement for every big thing that happens? If so we'll give it a try and if people tell us it's annoying we'll tone it down. ^_^

As for the guild mule holding the captain title, that was put into place so that all of the crew could carry out captain functions if needed however perhaps it's time to change that and put the mule in a lower role.

As Pwnder said we're working on cleaning up the guild but it is difficult. We do ask that every user take another look at the rules and remember that some threads belong in subforums, not the main page. We know the subforums don't get as much activity but there is nothing we can do about that. We can't force members to be active or look in subforums.

As for our rules on GC and GGs those are very clear in the member handbook but I will re-state them now for the record:

-We highly encourage the boycott of GC. That being said it's not against the rules and we aren't going to judge anyone for using the cash shop.

-The use of any cash shop GG is against the guild rules. Whether it comes from the MP or the cash shop it is a bannable offense to utilize these inflation-creating monsters.

-For right now our judgement on the gold shop GGs is reserved until we can further study the effects they have on the economy.

As always, please remember that the guild staff is made up of people. We all have our own opinions and voices and these things don't always reflect the guild policies as a whole. We will make it known if what we say is just our opinion or if it is part of a guild rule.

Thank you guys so much for your input and passion, it means a lot to me. I wish our guild was more active but frankly it's not. You see the visitor count on the ATGs as well as I do. We're a guild of over 1500 but we have maybe 30 total active members who aren't just names on the roster. 30 people can't get much done unfortunately. If you have any suggestions to help us up the amount of participation and activity in the guild I'm all ears!

As always remember that my inbox is open at all times!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:54 pm
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx

Thank you to both of you for not only the responses, but the incredible changes that I can already see.

I was horrified to hit "Submit" with my concerns, but I'm relieved and happy to know that I'm not banned or run out of the guild or anything.

When it comes to outside events, I think that guild announcements with big issues (like the 133T-gate fiasco) would allow us to react as a unified body outside the guild. With a link to what's going on, we can have our voices heard and others outside the guild will notice that we are active in the community. There used to be a crew member (Frozen Something?) that was extremely active, and that was a very good thing. But since not all of us frequent the forums, a guild announcement and a link to the issue at hand would be great.

I'm not talking about an announcement for every new GG because those are old news now, but there are some big, heated topics that have come and gone with very few of us even realizing it until it was too late.

I will gladly volunteer to help with the forums; moving threads; welcoming new members or whatever. I see that a great cleanup is already underway. I don't imagine that you're interested in me in particular since I posted such a thing as this, but the offer will still stand if you need some help.

I've been committed to the cause for quite some time, but I share in the frustration of how difficult it must be for all of you to stay on top of everything.

I also appreciate the clarification regarding GGs; the shops and such. I love this guild, and I admire the dedication that I see. I appreciate the opportunity to have my voice heard without retaliation, and I have to say that I'm especially glad to see a real person as Captain (thank you Fate!) and Pwnder at the helm as well since I see both of you on equal ground with regard to running this guild. That dreadful RG mule always bugged me just sitting there doing nothing. LOL Thank you!!

I, too, would love to see more active members here, and not just for good deals or free stuff. R:G has, and continues to be, a beacon of light for so many of us.

So again, thank you.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:39 am
Never be afraid to hit submit with your concerns. We're here for you guys and as long as your concerns are voiced in a somewhat polite manner we're more than happy to listen and even if we disagree we'd never ban someone for having worries about the guild.

Now if you cussed us out or insulted us personally we might take issue.

Otherwise, our inboxes are always open and we're happy to hear anything you have to say about the guild.

I miss Frozen but I believe she either quit Gaia or is just inactive now. We'll definitely be using the announcement system more for big events such as the 133tGate scandal as well as continuing to showcase things like that in our ATG posts.

I wish we could get some of the more prominent members of the community onboard here but frankly a lot of them seem to look down on us for one reason or another.

Either way, we'll keep on truckin' and our guild won't give up the fight until we're no longer needed (which will be about five years after Gaia shuts its doors amirite? XD  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:11 am
Sorry for the late reply, but I wouldn't feel right missing an ATG. I'm glad the previous concerns about the guild were cleared up peacefully emotion_c8 Now down to business.

Guild stuff:
This month is all about ghosts and the dead in my country emotion_dowant

As much as I like the idea of a forum takeover, I don't think it'll sit well with the rest of the community and I think it'll backfire on the guild and give us a bad reputation. I wouldn't mind the arenas but I don't know how many visit there. I'm all for letters and I think it's the best idea, but it would help if we could also promote R:G in the site. For that I think a walkout petition would be good, if only for our cause to get more traffic.

Site stuff:
About leetgate (and thank you the people who explained to me what the gate meant), I'm glad we got an explanation at all, and though the admin lied about the mule, and at the same time poured more gold into the system, I'm going to optimistically believe them on the part about goldsink donations and Flynn's Punder gold not being re-circulate-able.

I didn't like the gold shop gold gens at first, but it seems like since they've been in D*C (and they still are, past the said end time emotion_eyebrow ) there haven't been gold gens in La Vic, plus the mp graph's on a decline, so I'm starting to think they're not that bad. If they feed the addictions of gamblers while sinking more or less the same amount of gold they're better than any CS gold gen.

I don't know about colour schemes, but I've been seeing nice new items recently that aren't overly fem in either a cute or a smexy way, and I hope the trend continues 3nodding  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff