Submit

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:25 am
So... I have only read about the activities of assassins twice. The first was in Nemesis, and the second was in Soul Hunter. In the former, an assassin had a difficult time taking out one space marine, and an Eversor basically had to self-destruct to kill a squad of them. In the latter, while the title character was wounded in the process, he (an apothecary) managed to take out the assassin that slew the Night Haunter. For this reason, I thought that assassins weren't too OP for the roleplay.

Then a friend told me to look at their rules again...

Holy.

CRAP.

Yeah... uh... Death Cult assassins are alright, I think. However, the kind of stuff that the Eversors, Vindicares, Culexus and Callidus assassins can pull off is kind of ridiculous, and I'm formally putting them off-limits for this game. I'm sorry for those of you who were considering them, but I'm not comfortable passing them.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:03 am
Please.... PLEASE! Can we get a Dark Angel in this rp?! I want to recreate the fight between the Lion and the Wolf!  

Nicx Solo

Distinct Werewolf

Shadower Z0

Invisible Warrior

18,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:24 pm
Ociluce
Shadower Z0
I'm thinking about joining too. But my knowledge in the warhammer 40k lore is lacking just a bit atm. Not to mention, I'm going to be busy for a while with my studies, lore studies and job, so apologies If I become absent for a while. ninja

Anyway, I was wondering if I could join as an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor? Seeing how I fashioned my avi after one. Any tips and advice will be very appreciated greatly. smile

Hm... I'd say yes and no to that one... Inquisitors have it in their power to requisition pretty much any resource in the Imperium short of the Custodes, and that would put you pretty firmly in the lead of the players. Well... anyone who's not a Space Wolf or Black Templar, anyway, since they don't get along kindly with the Inquisition...

Anyway! I'm amenable to you playing a member of the Inquisition, but not a full inquisitor: specifically, try an Acolyte. They get access to a number of the cool toys that Inquisitors get (including the nice hat... ;;>>), but they don't have the full power of their mentors (generals, governors, captains, etc can push back and apply pressure), and inquisitors often send their.acolytes out on missions that the inquisitor himself can't partake in. This gives you an excuse to show up on the planet as a member of the Inquisition and, more importantly, the owner of a really snazzy hat. >D

Just don't be surprised if an ork with a tricorn hat comes after you to steal it!

Heh. What are the odds of running into an ork (or Warboss for that matter) like that in this battle? >>

As much as I love the idea of choosing an acolyte, I think I'll go as a Crusader from the Adeptus Ministorum. I'll get to work on my characters info asap.

[4/oct/14]Edit:
Gotta say, I've been reading a lot these last few days on these guys, and the Inquisition as well. I'm aware now that Crusaders are kept...how should I put this delicately...on a short leash? Yeah... They don't jump into the action unless they are accompanying an Inquisitor, or unless the Inquisitor gives the say so, and just be there to protect the Inquisitor. Well, to my understanding. Of course, they all do this out of their own will and loyalty towards their Inquisitor. Regardless, I'm still interested in taking that role. Probably a Crusader that has been separated from his Inquisitor during the incident, or sent to aid in the elimination of the Orks. What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:41 pm
I would love to join as a Ratling, but that will have to wait till I am done moving back to the UK.  

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:04 pm
Shadower: I'd be happy to have your Crusader! If you think he or she will work, go ahead and write up the profile!
Dark Master: ratlings are cool; if you want to play one, I'd be very interested in seeing where you go with it.

Now, I've got a bunch of applicants, but only one's pending and one's accepted at this point. Does anybody need help with their profiles, or are you waiting for me to say something to prod you long, or are you working slowly and surely on getting them done? There's been a lack of activity here as of late...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:41 pm
Name: Crusader Xavier Ashcrow
Faction: Adeptus Ministorum, Ordo Xenos, Inquisiton
Profession: Inquisitorial Henchman, Hunter of Aliens.
Personality: Highly devoted to the Emperor. Composed, honorable, dutiful, serious and stern, Bears an unassuming personality as well, but not without humor. Rather keep to himself most of the times, but works well with others. Has a deep hatred for Orks as well, seeing how the are one of the most widespread xeno threats the Imperium is facing. Knowing how dangerous Orks are in close combat, he dedicated himself to study every aspect of close combat and mastering the use of melee weapons.

Background/History: Orphaned as a child, he was taken in by the Schola Progenium, where he became a Progena. There he received physical and weapons training on a daily basis while also receiving harsh disciplinary lessons from the infamous Drill Abbots for the years to come, as well indoctrination in the Imperial Creed. He has no recollection or memories of his early former life, prior to be taken in, only those of his early days in the dark, prison like Schola. After becoming of age and maturity, he showed a lot of promise in both in martial prowess and skill, as well an unbending loyalty and devotion to the God Emperor. This served him well whenever he was called to execute the orders of the Ecclesiarchy (as well heretics). In time, this drew the attention of one of the Crusader Houses, in which extended him an invitation to become a Crusader and join one of the Crusader houses. He accepted the invitation filled with zeal, as he saw no greater honor and purpose than that. He spent his following years residing and training in one of the Crusader Houses, where he underwent through the trials, practices and mysteries of the House for the years to come. After some time in his newly inducted life of service, duty and training, he completed his training and was deemed worthy of the Rank of Crusader. After waiting for the time to arrive, he finally received word that the House was approached by an Inquisitor in need of his service. An Inquisitor by the name of Zarukal Secunda of the Ordo Xenos. There he made a solemn and unbreakable oath, bonding him to the Inquisitor indefinitely, going wherever his new master wills in the aid of Anti-Xenos Campaigns. Campaigns that would also serve the inquisitor in her search of new retinues that would complement her skills. Being the first member of the Inquisitor’s retinue, she outfitted him with the best-craftsmanship gear and weapons she had at her disposal. This served him well on his first deployment in the recapture of a Shrine World antic cathedral, against an Ork invasion that laid attempts against it. His skills, talents and gear (as well as the Full force of the, already deployed, Adeptus Arbites court stationed there), worked in his favor in the tide of battle and the recapture of the cathedral. Full-filling his mission in the end and holding up to his vow to rid the galaxy of the foul presence of Xenos.

Equipment: Master Crafted Power Sword, Crusader Storm Shield (bearing the Inquisition emblem), High Quality Black Carapace Armor and Helmet, Dark Cloak, Badge of Office, Cybernetics.
Appearance: Long straight black hair, muscular build, round nose, scar on top of his left eyebrow. 6'6 height 320 lbs  

Shadower Z0

Invisible Warrior

18,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:00 am
~poke poke~

So! It's been a while... Shadower? You've been added to the list of approved players: I'm sorry that I forgot to mention it sooner...

Bearded Sempai, however, has opted out of the RP. If he can't play Grolius at full strength, then he'd prefer not to join. So, we've got Blackmane and Xavier as the first two confirmed players, and that's it so far.

Other guys? Gals? I'd appreciate it if you'd post your profiles. We're getting close to this thing stalling out, and I want to make sure we keep the momentum going. We're especially vulnerable right in the beginning, and it'd be a shame to end things before we got started!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:42 pm
Yeah, I was aware that I was added a while back, so no biggie. Let's hope to get more people into this. I'm itching to test my mettle against the orks.  

Shadower Z0

Invisible Warrior

18,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:18 am
Ociluce

Told you I'd get to it eventually. whee Just been trying to figure out which character to use.

Name Byron Othmane
Faction Tallarn (Imperial Guard)
Rank 1LT
Profession Platoon Commander
Personality Rather senior in both years and rank, and is seen often as a father-figure personality to the troops under his command. His loud booming voice can be heard over the battlefield, and his presence tends to reassure troops with the idea that someone in charge of them actually knows what they're doing, and will get them out alive.
Background/History 1LT Othmane has been in the Imperial Guard for upwards of 20 years, serving the Tallarn 39th Sabres, in a composite mechanized infantry company, primarily against Tyranids and Orks, and on one dire occasion, Necrons. He's used to operating with a variety of allied components, but has always been an infantry officer. As a 1LT, he has seniority over other platoon officers, but no direct authority; earlier in his career he was offered command of a company and turned it down on the premise that he was more valuable in the thick of it as a platoon officer.
Equipment Carapace armor, hotshot laspistol, grenade launcher, power fist, and a variety of grenades (frag, krak, smoke, incendiary, flash-bang, etc...)
Appearance Byron Othmane is a bear of a man, standing well over six feet tall and an imposing figure, but you can see that he's more advanced in years than many other officers of his caliber.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:24 pm
Are we ready then?  

Nicx Solo

Distinct Werewolf

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:15 pm
Well, that's three, which is the minimum needed to get this thing going. If anybody else wants in at the beginning, you've got 24 hours left to get your profile in. After that, I'm opening the game thread itself.

It would be tonight, but I've got some last-minute planning to do for a D&D game I'm running tomorrow, so that's taking priority. But! Once it's done, I write up the opening post, and we're good to go!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 pm
It's up!

Also... sorry, boss. ^^;; I didn't know who the overall commander of the Sabres was, so I left that field blank.  

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Shadower Z0

Invisible Warrior

18,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:21 pm
Awesome! I'll get on it asaic, got my job to attend to and all that. Also, I haven't done any roleplaying in a while so please bare with me cool . Hopefully we'll have more participants on the way. Onward!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:51 pm
iRain-chan mentioned that she's still working on her profile but definitely still interested in joining.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:31 pm
Well, after much delay and thought, I have a couple ideas.

A flamer wielding assault marine of the Blood Angels.

An Iron Hands devastator.

A Secutor Enginseer.

Now I just gotta decide which one. And if anyone has any preference on which they'd like to see join, I'd appreciated it.  
Roleplaying Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff