Gumby Ningata
You guys disappoint me.

How so? ;A;  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 pm
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Gumby Ningata
You guys disappoint me.

How so? ;A;
You guys speak of wanting to change gaia for the better and do some wonderful things and have wonderful ideas but the second a mod makes a mistake you jump on the bashing bandwagon. They were not out to destroy the mp or hoard tickets. No. They were trying to do something nice. They did not make a ticket because then there would be even more of the things out there and they work hard enough as it is trying to complete the ones that they have already made.

Because of this we may lose the gold sinks they make or have them changed to were the only incentives are titles or charms. Mods are people too and they make mistakes. It happens and then people go on a witch hunt. That is what it. A witch hunt. You should be focusing your energy on things like saving the plot instead of hunting down mods.  

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

zolbat

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:15 pm
Gumby Ningata
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Gumby Ningata
You guys disappoint me.

How so? ;A;
You guys speak of wanting to change gaia for the better and do some wonderful things and have wonderful ideas but the second a mod makes a mistake you jump on the bashing bandwagon. They were not out to destroy the mp or hoard tickets. No. They were trying to do something nice. They did not make a ticket because then there would be even more of the things out there and they work hard enough as it is trying to complete the ones that they have already made.

Because of this we may lose the gold sinks they make or have them changed to were the only incentives are titles or charms. Mods are people too and they make mistakes. It happens and then people go on a witch hunt. That is what it. A witch hunt. You should be focusing your energy on things like saving the plot instead of hunting down mods.

I understand your frustration, but several things make this issue.. harder to overlook.

Admins, not mods, made this mistake, and while I can understand the want to present more accessability to "cool" items, they went about it the wrong way.
Am I saying we should be up in arms, demanding their heads? No. That wont solve anything. We are angry, because we have been lied to. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, it's a fact of life, no matter where you are from. But instead of trying to fix their mistake from the start, they lied to us.
That is where it all went downhill.
People were already so angry, that this has tipped the boiling point.
I don't condone the attitude many people have taken, which may or may not include other Revolutionaries. But neither will I sit here and say that they don't deserve some kind of punishment for what they have done.
They are stepping on people's trust. That makes this a delicate issue for which there is no easy answer. ;A;

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 pm
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Gumby Ningata
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Gumby Ningata
You guys disappoint me.

How so? ;A;

I understand your frustration, but several things make this issue.. harder to overlook.

Admins, not mods, made this mistake, and while I can understand the want to present more accessability to "cool" items, they went about it the wrong way.
Am I saying we should be up in arms, demanding their heads? No. That wont solve anything. We are angry, because we have been lied to. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, it's a fact of life, no matter where you are from. But instead of trying to fix their mistake from the start, they lied to us.
That is where it all went downhill.
People were already so angry, that this has tipped the boiling point.
I don't condone the attitude many people have taken, which may or may not include other Revolutionaries. But neither will I sit here and say that they don't deserve some kind of punishment for what they have done.
They are stepping on people's trust. That makes this a delicate issue for which there is no easy answer. ;A;
You are right. There is no easy answer and some of the action of some of the people out there should not be condoned but they are getting treated as some warrior or martyr. I do not think this should be overlooked but people are lied to all the time. There is no such thing as an honest person. Gaia does what it can and I am sure they are getting some sort punishment. They already changed policies. They apologized. That does not mean it is right to drag out all the personal information of those people. Yes people. Just like anyone else. I am sure a lot of people would not like their personal stuff plaster all over the place.

Sorry. I am frustrated and it is late and I am not longer sure I am getting my thoughts written down in the proper way. I have never good with that kind of thing.  

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

zolbat

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:48 pm
Gumby Ningata
You are right. There is no easy answer and some of the action of some of the people out there should not be condoned but they are getting treated as some warrior or martyr. I do not think this should be overlooked but people are lied to all the time. There is no such thing as an honest person. Gaia does what it can and I am sure they are getting some sort punishment. They already changed policies. They apologized. That does not mean it is right to drag out all the personal information of those people. Yes people. Just like anyone else. I am sure a lot of people would not like their personal stuff plaster all over the place.

Sorry. I am frustrated and it is late and I am not longer sure I am getting my thoughts written down in the proper way. I have never good with that kind of thing.

While I understand that lying is really common, they, as Gaia themselves as well as people who defend them religiously have pointed out, are a company first and foremost. If my managers lied to a large group of customers, those customers have the right to get angry. But just like they have the right to get angry, they also have the ability to express that anger in various, sometimes unproductive ways. It happens when a business lies. Because they have their hands in our wallets, and who really wants to pay to get lied to?
I personally am a person who believes that if you keep ******** up and apologizing for it? You don't mean it and you're wasting my time as well as your own constantly apologizing. And I think that is the mindset that the Gaian community is at right now.
Things keep happening that make us question motive and moral, and when it comes to money, companies should be transparent. Gaia has been hiding too much for too long. This one tiny incident is the s**t hitting the fan essentially.

But all in all, you are absolutely correct: this does not give us the right to directly attack people to the point of looking up personal information and harassing them. That makes us worse than the people who wrong us, and that is the behavior I don't agree with.

No worries. I am half asleep now so I know the feels. lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:52 pm
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Gumby Ningata

While I understand that lying is really common, they, as Gaia themselves as well as people who defend them religiously have pointed out, are a company first and foremost. If my managers lied to a large group of customers, those customers have the right to get angry. But just like they have the right to get angry, they also have the ability to express that anger in various, sometimes unproductive ways. It happens when a business lies. Because they have their hands in our wallets, and who really wants to pay to get lied to?
I personally am a person who believes that if you keep ******** up and apologizing for it? You don't mean it and you're wasting my time as well as your own constantly apologizing. And I think that is the mindset that the Gaian community is at right now.
Things keep happening that make us question motive and moral, and when it comes to money, companies should be transparent. Gaian has been hiding too much for too long. This one tiny incident is the s**t hitting the fan essentially.

But all in all, you are absolutely correct: this does not give us the right to directly attack people to the point of looking up personal information and harassing them. That makes us worse than the people who wrong us, and that is the behavior I don't agree with.

No worries. I am half asleep now so I know the feels. lol
I am glad we agree on that. I think this is where I am going to stop talking about this so I do not stick my foot in my mouth and let frustration and anger at people get the better of me.  

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

GTFO PLZ

Gawker

4,925 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:35 pm
I don't understand how people are defending Gaia about this and honestly, I'm not sure I believe that they bought this ticket for Flynn's Plunder either. What good is a gold sink when trillions are put right back in the economy through purchases like these? I don't expect Gaia to be 100% honest about everything, but it doesn't make any sense that they'd rather pour a ton of gold into the economy over creating new tickets. I would be really annoyed if I was questing or had spent money for any of those project tickets after seeing a stunt like this.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:03 pm
Okay, my butt is dumb and tired, I don't think I understand what's going on. A mod has stupid amounts of gold that they obtained through gold generators, but claimed they got it through art trades? Is that about right?  

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

GTFO PLZ

Gawker

4,925 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:16 am
soren_alenko
Okay, my butt is dumb and tired, I don't think I understand what's going on. A mod has stupid amounts of gold that they obtained through gold generators, but claimed they got it through art trades? Is that about right?
It's a Gaia artist on a mule that first claimed it was from selling RIG items, but Zero Omega said later that it was from various tests done in the past. zero's post about it is here.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:41 am
Pwnder
Me thinks that maybe I should just put all the gold into the guild instead of Flynn's Plunder anymore emo

I had a feeling some weird s**t like that was going on though.

Months ago CBers were getting gifted gold gens by an anon. I just couldn't imagine a user buying that much and just giving them away. I thought it might be staff members doing it, I could be wrong of course but it was just too weird. Of course as much faith as we all have in Gaia these days, its not hard to begin conspiracy theorizing when there is no trust to be had anymore cry

Sadly, me thinks the same. Truth be told, as wonderful as your item sale/gold sink effort is, it's turning out to do nothing more than make at least one person very rich, and it's just putting more gold back into the system. Maybe that was the intent? For you to sell very cheap so that someone could list it for double and then keep buying more from you? I'm not sure, but I've bought a LOT in an attempt to keep the gold out of the system forever; not to put it back into the economy. I do everything in power to avoid buying from anyone that utilizes GC, and especially GGs, but that's very hard to do, as I'm sure you know.

OT, I also agree with you. This entire situation reeks of deception and lies. I won't shed any tears for the user involved, however, since they're keep 33T and getting any item of their choice. But I won't say much on that so as not to incite a riot. ninja  

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:55 pm
Joiva
Pwnder
Me thinks that maybe I should just put all the gold into the guild instead of Flynn's Plunder anymore emo

Months ago CBers were getting gifted gold gens by an anon. I just couldn't imagine a user buying that much and just giving them away. I thought it might be staff members doing it, I could be wrong of course but it was just too weird. Of course as much faith as we all have in Gaia these days, its not hard to begin conspiracy theorizing when there is no trust to be had anymore cry

Sadly, me thinks the same. Truth be told, as wonderful as your item sale/gold sink effort is, it's turning out to do nothing more than make at least one person very rich, and it's just putting more gold back into the system. Maybe that was the intent? For you to sell very cheap so that someone could list it for double and then keep buying more from you? I'm not sure, but I've bought a LOT in an attempt to keep the gold out of the system forever; not to put it back into the economy. I do everything in power to avoid buying from anyone that utilizes GC, and especially GGs, but that's very hard to do, as I'm sure you know.

OT, I also agree with you. This entire situation reeks of deception and lies. I won't shed any tears for the user involved, however, since they're keep 33T and getting any item of their choice. But I won't say much on that so as not to incite a riot. ninja

Well I wasn't dumping it into the kick starters or anything, just Flynn's plunder. Still, that gold goes to a admin account and who's to say its not being used. I'm more than willing to bet that the gold used in this "conspiracy" was from Flynn's plunder, transferred over to someone else to dump back into the economy. With that thought in mind I'm extremely aggravated and angry. 90% of those items were mine, that I sold off at half price just to sink gold. I'll continue my gold sink efforts but if I have to spend a year using a macro to dump it into the guild account then I'll effin do it to avoid the chance that any of it will get used. evil

The whole thing makes me more determined to remove gold however Im scared of where I should dump the gold anymore, who's to say that they can't use the gold from guilds or shops either...

If I have to let it rot on a mule account I'll do that too. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:01 pm
Gumby Ningata
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Gumby Ningata
You guys disappoint me.

How so? ;A;
You guys speak of wanting to change gaia for the better and do some wonderful things and have wonderful ideas but the second a mod makes a mistake you jump on the bashing bandwagon. They were not out to destroy the mp or hoard tickets. No. They were trying to do something nice. They did not make a ticket because then there would be even more of the things outt there and they work hard enough as it is trying to complete the ones that they have already made.

What are you talking about?
No "mod" made a mistake.
Mods are unpaid volunteers, we're talking about the actual STAFF ******** with the MP.  

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:04 pm
its a curse
Gumby Ningata
[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]
Gumby Ningata
You guys disappoint me.

How so? ;A;
You guys speak of wanting to change gaia for the better and do some wonderful things and have wonderful ideas but the second a mod makes a mistake you jump on the bashing bandwagon. They were not out to destroy the mp or hoard tickets. No. They were trying to do something nice. They did not make a ticket because then there would be even more of the things outt there and they work hard enough as it is trying to complete the ones that they have already made.

What are you talking about?
No "mod" made a mistake.
Mods are unpaid volunteers, we're talking about the actual STAFF ******** with the MP.
As stated before, I am not going to say more on this topic.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:06 pm
Joiva
Pwnder

Pwnder

That's why I posted the link to one of the threads in your gold sink thread.
Is there anyway you can get grease money or something to donate 999,999 to the guild over and over so you don't have to do it manually? (or is that considered "botting"? stare )

edit: FFS, quoted the wrong person! Sorry!!  

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:43 am
soren_alenko

There was a spike in the mp graph due to huge purchases that day (133tril for a rainbow ticket, among others) and a user made a topic wondering if the gold gens were glitching and giving out more than they should.
Zero Omega posted on that thread that the staff did a background check on the purchaser, and the gold was 100% legit. Said purchaser was one of the users on that thread arguing that nothing was weird.
Users tracked down evidence that the purchaser was an artist's mule. On a thread displaying all that info Zero admitted that the purchaser was indeed a staff mule, but that the items bought would go to Flynn's plunder and higher-tiers of future goldsinks.
The vendor that had their ticket bought made a thread about how they received an apology pm and was told that they were having 100tril revoked. The vendor wasn't happy because a) they had already made plans and promises to help quests and charities, b) they hadn't wanted to contribute to inflation, and c) they seemed to be the only one getting their trade reversed, despite theirs not being the only trillions transaction made by that mule.

I hope the future will give more information...  
📌Important Information & References

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff